PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby The Bedge » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:18 pm

Whilst the traditionalist prefer the 8 team Divs, particularly Div 1.. the last two seasons seems to indicate it’s now outdated and 6 teams appears the logical option.

6 teams last year
7 teams this year
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby BenchedEagle » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:30 pm

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:
Homer J wrote:Div 1 program been update with a bye in place of EP for the rest of the season!

Yeah have been kicked out EP players to play in a local nearby comp

Someone’s telling furphies.. I don’t think they were kicked out? Their B grade are still playing.

Been whispers of guys wanting to go to South Gawler and Central United etc

They were given the option but Eastern Park withdrew their Grade 1 side today. Their B grade can finish the season but no Grade 1 players can play in it.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:35 am

BenchedEagle wrote:They were given the option but Eastern Park withdrew their Grade 1 side today. Their B grade can finish the season but no Grade 1 players can play in it.

I wonder if they filter off into other PDCA clubs?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:40 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
BenchedEagle wrote:They were given the option but Eastern Park withdrew their Grade 1 side today. Their B grade can finish the season but no Grade 1 players can play in it.

You would think they would have to sit this year out but if I was guessing at what could happen next year if they stayed in PDCA

-Tuckers & Knappy (Smithfield)
-Benny McMullen (Parafield Gardens)
-Nugget & Easy (Central United or maybe Smithfield)
-DJ (Atco)
-Banksy quits
-Binga quits
-Nate McIver (could go anywhere being a defence force guy or could go to Smithfield / CU)
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:03 am

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

You would think they would have to sit this year out but if I was guessing at what could happen next year if they stayed in PDCA

-DJ (Atco)
-Banksy quits
-Binga quits
-Nate McIver (could go anywhere being a defence force guy or could go to Smithfield / CU)

Rumour has it that none of their A Graders can only play Grade 1 in the PDCA?

Tuckers heading to Willaston is my mail, I'd like to see Benny go to Dublin.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby #bleedredandblue » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:20 am

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

-DJ (Atco)
-Banksy quits
-Binga quits

That is honestly so far off the mark I had to read it twice to make sure I wasn’t seeing things lol

As for this year, Benny has already signed at south gawler and will have a fair few of the lads go with him (Banksy, Dj, Gill, ray ray already there to)

Tuckers still hasn’t made his mind up but has a very nice offer from south gawler in front of him or if he stays in the pdca he will be at westies

Ian and binga both aren’t playing this year, nath hasn’t played properly in 2 years

And a couple will probably end up at central United with woody
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:24 am

#bleedredandblue wrote:
That is honestly so far off the mark I had to read it twice to make sure I wasn’t seeing things lol

As for this year, Benny has already signed at south gawler and will have a fair few of the lads go with him (Banksy, Dj, Gill, ray ray already there to)

Tuckers still hasn’t made his mind up but has a very nice offer from south gawler in front of him or if he stays in the pdca he will be at westies

Ian and binga both aren’t playing this year, nath hasn’t played properly in 2 years

How would any of those blokes fit in at South Gawler? SG like to sledge a bit :lol:
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby #bleedredandblue » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:27 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
#bleedredandblue wrote:

How would any of those blokes fit in at South Gawler? SG like to sledge a bit :lol:

South gawler have honestly hit up 8 blokes from eastern parks team lol

Must be living on a gold mine out there just for the record.. They are still very close to ending up with a team that consists of 8 people from eastern park and 3 blokes home grown haha
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby The Bedge » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:36 am

#bleedredandblue wrote:Must be living on a gold mine out there just for the record..

Must be.. I asked Ray Ray if he was interested in coming having a hit at Enfield and his response was "Show me the $$$$" :roll:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:47 am

#bleedredandblue wrote:
whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

-DJ (Atco)
-Banksy quits
-Binga quits

Was happy to admit I was only guessing.

Got to be honest surprise SG are having a crack at the EP lads.

Played SG last year and their two guns who left are classes above anything the PDCA has to offer...…..and that is in no way disrespecting the EP guys but their old recruits were quality district cricketers. Have seen a few decent div 1 cricketers go to the Barossa in recent years and struggle so surprise that is where they are recruiting from.

Would be surprised if any of them apart from Benny play more than B Grade there.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:54 am

whufc wrote:

Played SG last year and their two guns who left are classes above anything the PDCA has to offer...…..and that is in no way disrespecting the EP guys but their old recruits were quality district cricketers. Have seen a few decent div 1 cricketers go to the Barossa in recent years and struggle so surprise that is where they are recruiting from.

Would be surprised if any of them apart from Benny play more than B Grade there.

Please delete this line, I just vomited a little in my mouth.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:58 am

whufc wrote:Was happy to admit I was only guessing. Got to be honest surprise SG are having a crack at the EP lads..

Geez mate, in future listen to The Bedge..

The Bedge wrote:Been whispers of guys wanting to go to South Gawler and Central United etc
The Bedge
Coach

Postby BenchedEagle » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:58 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

-DJ (Atco)
-Banksy quits
-Binga quits

Rumour has it that none of their A Graders can only play Grade 1 in the PDCA?

They can only goto a Grade 1 or 2 PDCA side or to any other league.
Wish them all well wherever they end up.

Gonna be a wet summer, I wouldnt wanna play turf if you wanna play every week... just sayin ;)
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Postby arvoteapig » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:00 am

With eastern park folding their team (basically being booted) surely when teams have the bye they will be awarded equivalent points to which Virginia achieved in their fixed match in round one?
arvoteapig
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby The Bedge » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:01 am

arvoteapig wrote:With eastern park folding their team (basically being booted) surely when teams have the bye they will be awarded equivalent points to which Virginia achieved in their fixed match in round one?

Basically being booted :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby BenchedEagle » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:03 am

arvoteapig wrote:With eastern park folding their team (basically being booted) surely when teams have the bye they will be awarded equivalent points to which Virginia achieved in their fixed match in round one?
They will get average winning points.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:13 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

Please delete this line, I just vomited a little in my mouth.

I played against these guys last year and lets just put it this way Davies and Carmen would have been bowling first change in their line up at best.

Batting wise I don't think any current PDCA batter would have made their top 4 on the team I played against last year.

Just look at what the Barker boys did in their first div 1 hit. I would expect both will finish top 5 in the top run scorers this year.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:16 am

whufc wrote:Just look at what the Barker boys did in their first div 1 hit.

Against the weakest bowling attack.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:19 am

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:Just look at what the Barker boys did in their first div 1 hit.

Against the weakest bowling attack.

Acknowledge that but they are top shelf quality and will have some very good days out in PDCA.

From what ive seen of South Gawler last year vs any para district side their depth was incredible. Their 4-5tth bowlers would have opened the bowling in most of the teams ive played in or against in Para Districts, minus the odd team or two.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:24 am

Even playing in the Stanly Cricket Association I was blown away by the top end quality up here.

Every batsmen in our top 6 had either played state level cricket (1 in SAF, 1 in NZ), A Grade district cricket or A1 turf cricket. I was left batting at 7 or 8, I had never batted any lower than 4 lol.

Just the depth up here sucks and by number 7-8-9-10 the quality really drops off.
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps