PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby arvoteapig » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:30 am

Average winning points for the round would not be fair considering Virginia won outright against a team who threw the game. Every team should receive the exact same points as Virginia have to ensure an even competition. Anything less could see a compromised season.

Just look at last season where top teams won the flag - in the event of a wash out or too hot say they were in top spot by a couple points just imagine the uproar.
arvoteapig
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby arvoteapig » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:32 am

While we are also on the subject all Virginia’s individual stats for round one should not count towards aggregate trophies. They would have essentially played one extra two day game than the rest of the comp at the end of the season.
arvoteapig
Mini-League

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:07 am

arvoteapig wrote:While we are also on the subject all Virginia’s individual stats for round one should not count towards aggregate trophies. They would have essentially played one extra two day game than the rest of the comp at the end of the season.

They scored them, they'll have to count.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:24 am

moriachi wrote:Junior Baldo 255. Just Wow.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Selected for A Grade at Adelaide Uni District this week
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby #bleedredandblue » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:38 am

Was happy to admit I was only guessing.

Got to be honest surprise SG are having a crack at the EP lads.

Played SG last year and their two guns who left are classes above anything the PDCA has to offer...…..and that is in no way disrespecting the EP guys but their old recruits were quality district cricketers. Have seen a few decent div 1 cricketers go to the Barossa in recent years and struggle so surprise that is where they are recruiting from.

Would be surprised if any of them apart from Benny play more than B Grade there.[/quote]

Every time you open your mouth you sound even more like a wanker than the time before.. You have no idea, you spat the dummy and left eastern park because Tuckers took your opening spot.. Your biggest achievement was knocking EP out the finals that year for Atco and you are to thick to realise you were playing against a bunch of 18 year olds who could not care less about the game.. If you played against us in the last 3-4 years since we’ve given a shit you wouldn’t have done **** all!

Just because you’ve never batted below 4 it doesn’t mean you are any good! The only person I ever hear speak about you, is you!

We’ve all seen enough of the absolute bullshit you post on here, you’ve genuinely got no idea about majority of the stuff you write about! Can’t believe half of the crap that comes out of your mouth honestly lol Davies and carman would both walk into any amateur cricket club and take the new ball! Tuckers would do the same with the bat

Just funny how now you are playing in some bottom feeding shit league, it’s the best in the state lol give it a rest honestly, making more and more people think you are a complete halfwit every time you post something
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby #bleedredandblue » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:42 am

I used to think you were a champion tbh, now I just think you are an absolute wanker
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Postby arvoteapig » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:47 am

One thing the association needs to look at is making a new ball compulsory for all second innings in grade one. It is just absolute trash playing a second dig with a used ball... they are like $50 if your club is too POV to pay for one, get out of grade one.
arvoteapig
Mini-League

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:51 am

arvoteapig wrote:One thing the association needs to look at is making a new ball compulsory for all second innings in grade one. It is just absolute trash playing a second dig with a used ball... they are like $50 if your club is too POV to pay for one, get out of grade one.

Didn't Eastern Park use a new ball in their 2nd dig?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby #bleedredandblue » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:59 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
arvoteapig wrote:One thing the association needs to look at is making a new ball compulsory for all second innings in grade one. It is just absolute trash playing a second dig with a used ball... they are like $50 if your club is too POV to pay for one, get out of grade one.

Didn't Eastern Park use a new ball in their 2nd dig?

We should have considering the massive total we were trying to defend
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:40 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:Was happy to admit I was only guessing.

Got to be honest surprise SG are having a crack at the EP lads.

Played SG last year and their two guns who left are classes above anything the PDCA has to offer...…..and that is in no way disrespecting the EP guys but their old recruits were quality district cricketers. Have seen a few decent div 1 cricketers go to the Barossa in recent years and struggle so surprise that is where they are recruiting from.

Would be surprised if any of them apart from Benny play more than B Grade there.

Every time you open your mouth you sound even more like a wanker than the time before.. You have no idea, you spat the dummy and left eastern park because Tuckers took your opening spot.. Your biggest achievement was knocking EP out the finals that year for Atco and you are to thick to realise you were playing against a bunch of 18 year olds who could not care less about the game.. If you played against us in the last 3-4 years since we’ve given a shit you wouldn’t have done **** all!

Just because you’ve never batted below 4 it doesn’t mean you are any good! The only person I ever hear speak about you, is you!

We’ve all seen enough of the absolute bullshit you post on here, you’ve genuinely got no idea about majority of the stuff you write about! Can’t believe half of the crap that comes out of your mouth honestly lol Davies and carman would both walk into any amateur cricket club and take the new ball! Tuckers would do the same with the bat

Just funny how now you are playing in some bottom feeding shit league, it’s the best in the state lol give it a rest honestly, making more and more people think you are a complete halfwit every time you post something[/quote]

I never said I was any good, and I never said the comp I play in was the best in the state infact I said the depth was absolutely horrible and blokes batting at 7-8-9 wouldn't even make PDCA C Grades.

South Gawler weren't in the comp I played in we played against them in an inter carnival side. Like I said from my experience their top four was the best top bats and bowls I have ever played against including the likes of Davies and Carmen.

I love the blokes at EP, the place will always be home, have played over 10 years cricket there and im not saying their not good their brilliant cricketers in their own right, I love them to death but its change of strategy going form recruting ex district/gun div 1 turf cricketers to very good para district cricketers.

I wish all the EP the best in the BLCA. It's going to be a big challenge, from what I've seen and the names I know play there it is a real high quality comp (yes I would say their A Grade Div1 is higher quality than PDCA div 1.I know I'm know im not good enough for either. I hope the guys run amok though.
Last edited by whufc on Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:43 pm

BTW I didn't leave Eastern Park because Tuckers took my opening spot. Ive just played an entire year batting at 7-8 so where I bat has never been an issue. At Atco I batted anywhere from 1-4.

I left Eastern Park because I couldn't get myself out of the party culture and needed to move to a club that was more family orientated and try and save the marriage. The move turned out to be a god send with both on field performances and off field but ive never hated Eastern Park.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:31 pm

Anyway moving on.

With Eastern Park not finishing the season what will the top 4 look like now as most of them would have had EP in there. For me it will be:

1. Virginia
2. Salisbury West
3. North Pines
4. Dublin

5. Angle Vale
6. Parafield Gardens
7. NEK
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:53 pm

We used a kooka practise in our second innings last week - not that we are too pov to afford the tuf pitch, but they're half the price. :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:55 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:Every time you open your mouth you sound even more like a wanker than the time before.. You have no idea, you spat the dummy and left eastern park because Tuckers took your opening spot.. Your biggest achievement was knocking EP out the finals that year for Atco and you are to thick to realise you were playing against a bunch of 18 year olds who could not care less about the game.. If you played against us in the last 3-4 years since we’ve given a shit you wouldn’t have done **** all!

Just funny how now you are playing in some bottom feeding shit league, it’s the best in the state lol give it a rest honestly, making more and more people think you are a complete halfwit every time you post something

Phaaaarking BANG! Don't worry about running for that one.. its raced straight to the boundary! :lol: :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:08 pm

whufc wrote:Anyway moving on.

With Eastern Park not finishing the season what will the top 4 look like now as most of them would have had EP in there. For me it will be:

1. Virginia
2. Salisbury West
3. North Pines
4. Dublin

5. Angle Vale
6. Parafield Gardens
7. NEK

Dublin
SW
Virginia
Pines

AV
PG
NEK
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:34 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:Anyway moving on.

1. Virginia
2. Salisbury West
3. North Pines
4. Dublin

5. Angle Vale
6. Parafield Gardens
7. NEK

Dublin
SW
Virginia
Pines

AV
PG
NEK

Yeah Dublin could do anything, I hadn’t noticed they recruited Woods as well.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:08 pm

Dublin have Dom Costanzo lurking on the sidelines too don’t they?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Tony Clifton » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:15 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:Every time you open your mouth you sound even more like a wanker than the time before.. You have no idea, you spat the dummy and left eastern park because Tuckers took your opening spot.. Your biggest achievement was knocking EP out the finals that year for Atco and you are to thick to realise you were playing against a bunch of 18 year olds who could not care less about the game.. If you played against us in the last 3-4 years since we’ve given a shit you wouldn’t have done **** all!

Glorious!
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby The Bedge » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:45 pm

Stumps at ATCO 3:25pm.. what an over rate!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:49 pm

The Bedge wrote:Stumps at ATCO 3:25pm.. what an over rate!

What was the score??

Only live score is the AV vs Dublin game
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps