2020 Retirements and delistings / trade talk

Talk on the national game

Re: 2020 Retirements and delistings / trade talk

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:45 am

Dutchy wrote:Would you trade Lycett? Considering Ladhams is almost ready to take over?

I wouldn't, no and I don't think Sydney would be interested in Lycett ahead of Ladhams.

Ladhams is back up for Dixon and Lycett with only ( the highly rated ) Hayes in the wings given Frampton and Ryder's departure. Can't see us letting any of those 3 go.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby MatteeG » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:02 am

Booney wrote:
Ladhams is back up for Dixon and Lycett with only ( the highly rated ) Hayes in the wings given Frampton and Ryder's departure. Can't see us letting any of those 3 go.

Is Hayes contracted Booney?
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:06 am

MatteeG wrote:
Booney wrote:

Is Hayes contracted Booney?

For next year, yes.

https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/ ... -with-port

Hayes will remain at Alberton until at least the end of 2021.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:18 am

Adam Treloar, hasn’t he fallen from grace
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:25 am

Brodlach wrote:Adam Treloar, hasn’t he fallen from grace

Don't blame him, blame Collingwood. They over paid for him in the first place, they gave up 2015 1st round and 2016 1st round picks for Treloar and pick 28 in 2015. Way, way overs. Then they load him into a deal that has him back ended on reportedly $900k per year at the very time they had Grundy, De Goey and Moore looking at new deals.

They've paid overs for Grundy ( 7 years, not the money ) so they're stuffed. Throw in how they dropped their pants for Beams, they got Beams, 41 and 44 and gave up (!) 18, 56 and their 1st round pick in 2019.

So they're now going to be paying Treloar to play somewhere else and used 3 1st round picks to get him and Beams who are both no longer there.

Beams, I'll grant is an awful set of circumstances but not one Collingwood could have been unaware of.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:31 am

Booney wrote:

Don't blame him, blame Collingwood. They over paid for him in the first place, they gave up 2015 1st round and 2016 1st round picks for Treloar and pick 28 in 2015. Way, way overs. Then they load him into a deal that has him back ended on reportedly $900k per year at the very time they had Grundy, De Goey and Moore looking at new deals.

They've paid overs for Grundy ( 7 years, not the money ) so they're stuffed. Throw in how they dropped their pants for Beams, they got Beams, 41 and 44 and gave up (!) 18, 56 and their 1st round pick in 2019.

So they're now going to be paying Treloar to play somewhere else and used 3 1st round picks to get him and Beams who are both no longer there.

Beams, I'll grant is an awful set of circumstances but not one Collingwood could have been unaware of.

Collingwood have handled this horribly, I hope Treloar sticks to his guns and tells them he will play out his contract. How can you back end deals to get someone in and then try to back out when you have to pay it???
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:33 am

Booney wrote:

Not blaming him at all, just a remarkable fall from grace. Both Queensland teams have ruled him out

Was mentioned yesterday that he is allegedly a shit bloke
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Fricky » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:49 am

Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:

Not blaming him at all, just a remarkable fall from grace. Both Queensland teams have ruled him out

We need a bit of "hardness", maybe we should sign him up :D
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby goddy11 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:01 am

Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:

I am reading somewhere Mental Health issue. If this is the case Collingwood are being arseholes here. The AFL should step in.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:06 am

We can all agree on one thing, Collingwood are handling this incredibly poorly.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby beef » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:04 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:

I am reading somewhere Mental Health issue. If this is the case Collingwood are being arseholes here. The AFL should step in.

Collingwood doco last year mentioned severe anxiety and struggled with it for a while
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby valleys07 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:07 pm

Would he consider a move back to GWS or perhaps Sydney?
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby MW » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:53 pm

Diddums... ffs
Attachments
20201028_135248.jpg
20201028_135248.jpg (192.01 KiB) Viewed 583 times
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:54 pm

valleys07 wrote:Would he consider a move back to GWS or perhaps Sydney?

I think Sydney will swoop in late unless they have some academy rort to protect.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby stan » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:32 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Hopeful Jelly wrote:
Dutchy wrote:So Port have a NGA and a Father/Son that they have to potentially use points for, add in Orazio they are going to have to let a player or two to go I suspect, how else do they get these deals done?

I've been thinking the same thing .... as a Crows fan and after watching Lachie Jones all year, I'd love to see what would happen if we had a crack at him a pick 1 (I understand they will want Riley Thilthorpe, so it could maybe only occur if we get pick 2 for compensation for Crouch).

- Port's current picks are worth 2273 points (which will become less once compensation picks are handed out).
- They would have to pay 2400 points to match the bid for pick 1, but they can go into deficit the following year up to 1723 points (however this changes if they trade in or out future picks).
- You would think that getting both Orazio and Aliir would require trading some of their early picks (26, 31, 39) this year and/or future picks next year which would make it difficult for them to have enough points to match it.

If Lachie Jones goes at pick 10 though, then they only need 1116 points to match, which should be fine with trading out other picks.

I may be biased but I can't see how he will go that late though when other players mentioned in the top 10 haven't played all year. (As a comparison, Connor Rozee was mentioned around pick 10 during the season but then leapt up to pick 5 in a strong draft after this performance in the 2018 finals, and Jones' performance in the GF isn't dissimilar to that.)
Everything I’ve heard from the experts in this draft seem to think the top 5-6 are absolute locks with just the order to change. I think the Crows definitely will bid on him at 8 if he hasn’t already been bid on
He will get a first bid and a real early one at that. The main reason is that he ha actuall played this season and not many of the tip tier talent has. So recruiters have at least seen him. I reckon that makes him very attractive.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Q. » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:26 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:

Collingwood have handled this horribly, I hope Treloar sticks to his guns and tells them he will play out his contract. How can you back end deals to get someone in and then try to back out when you have to pay it???

Only if you take the word of vultures in the media.

There is more to the story that involves his partner and their daughter relocating to QLD so she can pursue an opportunity to compete at the Olympics in netball. Knowing he has had struggles with mental health, how do you know Collingwood weren't trying to delicately help him explore the option of playing football in QLD as well?

Brodlach wrote:Was mentioned yesterday that he is allegedly a shit bloke

Couldn't be more wrong.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby tigerpie » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:11 pm

Doesn't the media like to put the boot into collingwood.
Can't see the club treating a player like what's been reported.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:48 pm

tigerpie wrote:Doesn't the media like to put the boot into collingwood.
Can't see the club treating a player like what's been reported.

Almost spat my beer out! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2022 times
Been liked: 3866 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jim05 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:53 pm

Q. wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:

There is more to the story that involves his partner and their daughter relocating to QLD so she can pursue an opportunity to compete at the Olympics in netball. Knowing he has had struggles with mental health, how do you know Collingwood weren't trying to delicately help him explore the option of playing football in QLD as well?

Couldn't be more wrong.
Unfortunately it can be a bit of pot luck when both partners are talented sports people. My understanding is that only has a 4 month contract on minimum salary and no guarantees that she will be retained so there could be a chance she has to relocate again. Would be a pretty hard decision for both
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Tiger83 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:09 pm

Couldn't be more wrong.[/quote]Unfortunately it can be a bit of pot luck when both partners are talented sports people. My understanding is that only has a 4 month contract on minimum salary and no guarantees that she will be retained so there could be a chance she has to relocate again. Would be a pretty hard decision for both[/quote]

Goes with the landscape of being a professional athlete. Funny how the media believe wives and girlfriends are expected to just up and move when then their significant others move clubs, but not the other way around.
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL