I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:58 am

All that dunny paper people brought in March, they used it all yet?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:09 am

Booney wrote:All that dunny paper people brought in March, they used it all yet?
Yeah months ago.....mind you I only bought a 12 pack!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:51 pm

What is the right thing to do?

I went to the gym this morning and there was a car parked a couple of spots away from me, I was in there for about 50 minutes from around 6am, when I finished and returned to my car I noticed a couple of kids in the back seat of the car, they were in car seats but that's hard to judge ages as they are meant to be in them til 8 or something nowadays.

There were two other patrons in the gym while I was there and both of the same origin, but opposite genders.

It has sort of eaten at me all day and the chick I work with thinks I should call the police.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:57 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:What is the right thing to do?

I went to the gym this morning and there was a car parked a couple of spots away from me, I was in there for about 50 minutes from around 6am, when I finished and returned to my car I noticed a couple of kids in the back seat of the car, they were in car seats but that's hard to judge ages as they are meant to be in them til 8 or something nowadays.

There were two other patrons in the gym while I was there and both of the same origin, but opposite genders.

It has sort of eaten at me all day and the chick I work with thinks I should call the police.

Too right, I’d ring the police & pass on what you saw & the vehicle make/rego.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5455 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby whufc » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:57 pm

Personally I would let the gym no so potentially they can observe, potentially someone has mentioned it to them before and your report will be enough to act on.

If not wait until you see the car again, snap the numberplate and time, snap again after 20 minutes which I think would be a point of it being completely unreasonable and then call the police.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:04 pm

There were only two other occupants in the gym so it's a 50/50, I'll try and have squizz at the other kid tomorrow morning to gauge an age if they are there again.

The kid I did see would've been no more than 7 and was looking out the back window in the direction to where the parent would be coming from upon finishing, the other kid was a girl I'm assuming by the amount of hair they had, I should've been more observant but it only really hit me after I'd gone, I was in a bit of a rush.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:10 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:There were only two other occupants in the gym so it's a 50/50, I'll try and have squizz at the other kid tomorrow morning to gauge an age if they are there again.

The kid I did see would've been no more than 7 and was looking out the back window in the direction to where the parent would be coming from upon finishing, the other kid was a girl I'm assuming by the amount of hair they had, I should've been more observant but it only really hit me after I'd gone, I was in a bit of a rush.

If they're there again, ask them where their parents are
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:20 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:There were only two other occupants in the gym so it's a 50/50, I'll try and have squizz at the other kid tomorrow morning to gauge an age if they are there again.

If they're there again, ask them where their parents are

I won't be talking to the kids mate, I'll end up being in the shit, the lad looked very pensive as it was as he stared out the back window.

If a kid was wandering around aimlessly I'd ask them, but I wouldn't approach a car.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Spargo » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:22 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:There were two other patrons in the gym while I was there and both of the same origin, but opposite genders.

Possibly both the parents of the kids in the car ?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5455 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:28 pm

Tell the gym, they can check their CCTV.

If it happens again I'd be going in and asking who left their kids in the car.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:38 pm

Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:There were two other patrons in the gym while I was there and both of the same origin, but opposite genders.

Possibly both the parents of the kids in the car ?

Could be a possibility, there were two cars there though, the chick in there was reasonably tidy and the bloke was a bit older and scruffy, I wouldn't have thought they were together unless he's concealing a weapon.

I initially thought they'd be his but the more I think about it, they're more than likely to be hers.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:40 pm

Shit act either way. Me, I wouldn't be able to let it slide without either a) the gym knowing, b) the police knowing, c) the shit parents knowing that you know.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:42 pm

Booney wrote:

Tell the gym, they can check their CCTV.

If it happens again I'd be going in and asking who left their kids in the car.

The gym proprietor is of the same origin and I haven't been going there long, I went to introduce myself to him yesterday afternoon but then he was busy yakking with someone else so I thought I'd do so next time.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:47 pm

Booney wrote:Shit act either way. Me, I wouldn't be able to let it slide without either a) the gym knowing, b) the police knowing, c) the shit parents knowing that you know.

Yeah, I will be acting on it if I see it again, I just thought I'd ask around as maybe I was being a bit precious. I don't think the proprietor or other patrons would object to the kids sitting inside in colouring in or keeping amused by themselves, it wouldn't bother me the slightest and I'd take that over an abduction.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:45 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:Shit act either way. Me, I wouldn't be able to let it slide without either a) the gym knowing, b) the police knowing, c) the shit parents knowing that you know.

Yeah, I will be acting on it if I see it again, I just thought I'd ask around as maybe I was being a bit precious. I don't think the proprietor or other patrons would object to the kids sitting inside in colouring in or keeping amused by themselves, it wouldn't bother me the slightest and I'd take that over an abduction.

We can all debate the best way to act on it but I don’t think anyone thinks your being too precious.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Brodlach » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:27 pm

I’d call the cops too
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Ash Man » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:04 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Tell them to join a gym that has a creche or put their kids in OSHC if they want to go to the gym
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:02 pm

The Ash Man wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Tell them to join a gym that has a creche or put their kids in OSHC if they want to go to the gym

Yeah, just gotta find out which parent it is and whether it's a regular thing.

I didn't stay at home last night so I didn't get to the gym this morning to check it out.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:05 am

Has LM been arrested after sending his message. Hasn’t been back on since

I’m sure he is ok.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:43 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Yeah, just gotta find out which parent it is and whether it's a regular thing.

I didn't stay at home last night so I didn't get to the gym this morning to check it out.

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3015 times
Been liked: 2383 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion