PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:32 pm

The Old Fellow wrote:PDCA does have the policy. Remember the Froffies incident.

I miss froffies :lol:

Fortunately my identity is hidden on this forum behind a user name.. i'm safe, no one is gonna know who I am :P :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:44 pm

The Bedge wrote:
The Old Fellow wrote:PDCA does have the policy. Remember the Froffies incident.

I miss froffies :lol:

Fortunately my identity is hidden on this forum behind a user name.. i'm safe, no one is gonna know who I am :P :lol:

Same, I like to sneak under the radar.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby BenchedEagle » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:50 am

Wow all this umpire drama! Can report we had Jason Hull in Grade 4 and he was actually very good, fired me LBW and I thought the umpire rating we have to give mightve saved me.. but nope, gave me out and I respected that! :lol:

Two Wells is looking really good. Luke Harris is a legend of a bloke and one my fave players to compete against. If its not us, i hope its them.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:54 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:Wow all this umpire drama! Can report we had Jason Hull in Grade 4 and he was actually very good, fired me LBW and I thought the umpire rating we have to give mightve saved me.. but nope, gave me out and I respected that! :lol:

Two Wells is looking really good. Luke Harris is a legend of a bloke and one my fave players to compete against. If its not us, i hope its them.

You lads are a big chance this weekend, reckon you'll start favourites.. our A/B (and C grade) have been absolutely decimated this round! :(

Sooner the one dayers start the better! :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby BenchedEagle » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:38 pm

The Bedge wrote:
BenchedEagle wrote:Wow all this umpire drama! Can report we had Jason Hull in Grade 4 and he was actually very good, fired me LBW and I thought the umpire rating we have to give mightve saved me.. but nope, gave me out and I respected that! :lol:

You lads are a big chance this weekend, reckon you'll start favourites.. our A/B (and C grade) have been absolutely decimated this round! :(

Sooner the one dayers start the better! :lol:
good news! After having to dig in and avoid 2 outrights in a row we could do with a fighting chance! Haha
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby The Old Fellow » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:43 pm

no_remorse28 wrote:
no_remorse28 wrote:
The Old Fellow wrote:
no_remorse28 wrote:PDCA umpired by a pack of yahoos who think the game is about them!?!

How on earth does a club hit MORE runs than the opposition and then lose the game because an umpire decides to apply "penalty runs".

What a disgrace... fancy punishing a whole side over what? An umpire forgetting its not about them?!?

Is it the umpires fault for following the Laws of the game or is it the players fault for acting and/or making comment in breach of the Laws? The penalty runs are given at the time of the offence so unless it was the last wicket the batting team knows where they stand.

Assuming you where not there like me its all hear say what the player did or said. Umpires like all people have different tolerance levels so some will be quicker to act than others.

Your comment 'PDCA is umpired by a pack of yahoos who think the game is about them' - how many umpires have you had this season and how many of them have actually umpired that way? It is a huge general statement. I would always rather have a neutral umpire than the opposition umpire especially if they bat second.

I was there, the umpire is a cheat who was probably paid off by the opposition.
In fact I seen him paid off, he asked for more than was originally offered

I am glad you were there as you also wrote in the first person that you were also watching your beloved Hornets in the ATCA, PHCC verses PAOC where Tyson dropped a catch and a few batsmen on both sides had good entertaining innings and you had a drink or three after the match with the PAOC boys. Glad you enjoyed both matches!!!
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby Trader » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:54 pm

The Old Fellow wrote:I am glad you were there as you also wrote in the first person that you were also watching your beloved Hornets in the ATCA, PHCC verses PAOC where Tyson dropped a catch and a few batsmen on both sides had good entertaining innings and you had a drink or three after the match with the PAOC boys. Glad you enjoyed both matches!!!

Haha, I noticed similar and assumed PDCA now play Sundays!

Perhaps there are a few different people who know his log in details!
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Slowleftarm » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:02 pm

Jason Hull used to be a handy bowler years ago
Slowleftarm

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby The Bedge » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:24 pm

Trader wrote:Haha, I noticed similar and assumed PDCA now play Sundays!

Think you'll find he was just fishing for bites :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Old Fellow » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:04 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Trader wrote:Haha, I noticed similar and assumed PDCA now play Sundays!

Think you'll find he was just fishing for bites :lol:

I thought the same but let him fish in his own pond!
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby whufc » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:01 pm

Slowleftarm wrote:

Jason Hull used to be a handy bowler years ago

When I first entered senior cricket Jase was the opening A grade quick at EP.

Had a heart of gold but never really looked after himself.

Always good value for a chat and I’m glad his still involved.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby no_remorse28 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:16 am

Trader wrote:
The Old Fellow wrote:I am glad you were there as you also wrote in the first person that you were also watching your beloved Hornets in the ATCA, PHCC verses PAOC where Tyson dropped a catch and a few batsmen on both sides had good entertaining innings and you had a drink or three after the match with the PAOC boys. Glad you enjoyed both matches!!!

Haha, I noticed similar and assumed PDCA now play Sundays!

I was wondering how long it would take, seems my log on has found its way into other peoples hands to, I can only claim some of these posts

Yes I was at my beloved Hornets game watching a very exciting match. I dont watch the Enfield games as its to much me me me from Bedgegood for my liking.
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby The Bedge » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:24 am

no_remorse28 wrote:I dont watch the Enfield games as its to much me me me from Bedgegood for my liking.

Absolutely! :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:25 am

Any truth to the rumour a senior person from PDCA made the presidential decision to bump Units to grade 1 to fill the bye, without consultation or input from key stakeholders?

... then when challenged threw others under the bus and blamed them?

Backtracked, discussed and revoked that move, leaving the bye in Grade 1.

If true, very random picking the Units given its their first year back in two day cricket and lack depth.. just because they got Knapp and Nugget from Eastern Park doesn’t mean they’re ready to move up. If a side was gonna move up surely OTH would get first option?

Anyone would think this person was just trying to improve his own clubs chances.

I’m glad it’s staying as is, season has started already don’t need anymore disruptions.

Personally I have concerns this is a growing trend with this individual making decisions and shifting the blame/reasoning into others to take the heat off.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby auto » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:11 am

Was impressive of units to step up from LO1 to grade 2 this year and looking competitive. Not often a club moves up 3 grades in a season. Having only played against them in the last 2 years you get a sense of a close knit club with a bunch of good blokes.
And while im handing out compliments good job from Enfield to come up to grade 4. Whilst not overly blessed with success Enfield have always stepped up even when needed. Good to see them have success with the amount of teams they have plus juniors and womens. Possible future powerhouse @bedge?

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby The Bedge » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:18 am

Naw thanks auto.. i'm sure you'll regret saying that when you sober up. :lol:

I do think it's true though, as a club we have always stepped up when needed - especially in Churches given we had a strong presence on the exec and a lot of very loyal long serving church cricket members. Sadly though it's often compromised any or more potential success we could have had.

Not a lot different in PDCA - we find ourselves in Grade 2 after starting in Grade 5, yet we haven't won a thing. :lol:

Hopefully the Jnrs and Womens programs can flourish, certainly very proud and excited by how far we have come in a few years - was only 10yrs ago the club was struggling with 3x sides - wooden spoons in A/B, and a flag in C grade.. and I was on here throwing plenty of mud at em. :lol:

Also I agree with your comments about Units - not often a club goes the other way from LO to 2 day cricket either, seems most the clubs that go down end up staying down there e.g. Salisbury North, Para Vista, Adelaide Warriors... if they'd been forced into Grade 1 I fear it would've crippled their club.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:09 am

auto wrote:Was impressive of units to step up from LO1 to grade 2 this year and looking competitive. Not often a club moves up 3 grades in a season. Having only played against them in the last 2 years you get a sense of a close knit club with a bunch of good blokes.
And while im handing out compliments good job from Enfield to come up to grade 4. Whilst not overly blessed with success Enfield have always stepped up even when needed. Good to see them have success with the amount of teams they have plus juniors and womens. Possible future powerhouse @bedge?

LO1 to Grade 2 isn't really a 3 grade jump, it's bullshit that clubs have A grade teams in LO1 and some are B grade teams, should all be A grade teams.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby whufc » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:20 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
auto wrote:Was impressive of units to step up from LO1 to grade 2 this year and looking competitive. Not often a club moves up 3 grades in a season. Having only played against them in the last 2 years you get a sense of a close knit club with a bunch of good blokes.

LO1 to Grade 2 isn't really a 3 grade jump, it's bullshit that clubs have A grade teams in LO1 and some are B grade teams, should all be A grade teams.

Love this.

I would be harsh and say that if you want an a team in PDCA you should have to have an A Grade 2 day team. I would hate to see PDCA lose two day cricket.

Kills me that regional towns play one dayers only.....I get why they do it but it sucks and I see many potential good cricketers (mainly batsmen) who aren't suited to one day cricket and in turn don't become the cricketers they could be.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:33 am

whufc wrote:I would be harsh and say that if you want an a team in PDCA you should have to have an A Grade 2 day team. I would hate to see PDCA lose two day cricket.

When we applied to join PDCA the questions we were asked by clubs was did we have Juniors or Women's sides.. and if not was it on the radar and look to get them

I think similarly with mens cricket, if a club wishes to join that's fine, but there should be an expectation that within say 2 seasons they need to progress to a two day competition - even if it's Grade 4 or Grade 5 or whatever.

Furthermore, if a side is promoted through LO grades and wins LO1 they should be bumped up to 2 day cricket the following season.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:37 am

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:I would be harsh and say that if you want an a team in PDCA you should have to have an A Grade 2 day team. I would hate to see PDCA lose two day cricket.

When we applied to join PDCA the questions we were asked by clubs was did we have Juniors or Women's sides.. and if not was it on the radar and look to get them

I think similarly with mens cricket, if a club wishes to join that's fine, but there should be an expectation that within say 2 seasons they need to progress to a two day competition - even if it's Grade 4 or Grade 5 or whatever.

Furthermore, if a side is promoted through LO grades and wins LO1 they should be bumped up to 2 day cricket the following season.

Yeah I would be happy if they started in a one day comp as long as there was an expectation and condition of entry that within XXXX years they have a day 2 team.

I would also be more than happy if they start a Grade 5 and move up the food chain.

The best part of PDCA is two day cricket, it needs to live on.
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps