EAGLES 2020 PREMIERS

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: EAGLES 2020 PREMIERS

Postby MJP1993 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:36 pm

Mic wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:
Mic wrote:
Eagles Nest wrote:I see that Jarred Allmond won North's Most Consistent Award for 2020.
He must have polled well in the minor round as he certainly went missing in the Grand Final.
Goldy says hello by the way

I bet you’re one of those Crows supporters who still boo Dangerfield when he plays in Adelaide.

Typical North fan deflecting their team lost the grand final against the Eagles lmao

No, I commented on a post about North’s player awards that was in an Eagles 2020 Premiers thread.

Meh about an EX eagle player personally I could care less once you leave and play for another sanfl club that player means very little
Personally never had an issue with Nutsy or his family and I used to talk to his dad years ago
But he’s gone means nothing now
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Spargo » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:39 pm

Mic wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:
Mic wrote:
Eagles Nest wrote:I see that Jarred Allmond won North's Most Consistent Award for 2020.
He must have polled well in the minor round as he certainly went missing in the Grand Final.

I bet you’re one of those Crows supporters who still boo Dangerfield when he plays in Adelaide.

Typical North fan deflecting their team lost the grand final against the Eagles lmao

No, I commented on a post about North’s player awards that was in an Eagles 2020 Premiers thread.

Indeed.
Maybe certain Eagles “supporters” on here need to take a look at themselves & show a bit of class & humility in victory.
Clearly the best side all year, I would’ve thought that enjoying that would be enough to knock all those chips off of all those shoulders.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby goddy11 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:10 pm

With you Spargo. Good banter is no problem. I find most of the NA supporters on this thread the best contributors. I would have Allmond back in a heartbeat. He left for more money and I dont blame him. We were compensated. He achieved a premiership. I always thought Jarrod was AFL material. Win/Win.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby MJP1993 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:20 pm

Spargo wrote:
Mic wrote:quote="Mic"]

No, I commented on a post about North’s player awards that was in an Eagles 2020 Premiers thread.[/quote]
Indeed.
Maybe certain Eagles “supporters” on here need to take a look at themselves & show a bit of class & humility in victory.
Clearly the best side all year, I would’ve thought that enjoying that would be enough to knock all those chips off of all those shoulders.[/quote]

Spargo if it’s me I apologise sometimes I don’t exactly know what I’m saying
My apologies
MJP1993
Under 18s

Postby Wedgie » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:47 pm

goddy11 wrote:With you Spargo. Good banter is no problem. I find most of the NA supporters on this thread the best contributors. I would have Allmond back in a heartbeat. He left for more money and I dont blame him. We were compensated. He achieved a premiership. I always thought Jarrod was AFL material. Win/Win.

True but more to it. Was asked to take a pay cut so the Eagles could pay recruits more than him that were providing less output and effort than he was.
North were happy to pay him what he was worth and has been awesome for us. More than paid us back. Not only a class player but a leader and a club man.
Would be pretty to easy to suggest our last flag would have still been 1991 if not for him and the Eagles may have had at least one more.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Reddeer » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:06 pm

Wedgie wrote:
goddy11 wrote:With you Spargo. Good banter is no problem. I find most of the NA supporters on this thread the best contributors. I would have Allmond back in a heartbeat. He left for more money and I dont blame him. We were compensated. He achieved a premiership. I always thought Jarrod was AFL material. Win/Win.

True but more to it. Was asked to take a pay cut so the Eagles could pay recruits more than him that were providing less output and effort than he was.
North were happy to pay him what he was worth and has been awesome for us. More than paid us back. Not only a class player but a leader and a club man.
Would be pretty to easy to suggest our last flag would have still been 1991 if not for him and the Eagles may have had at least one more.

Definately agree with you. Nutsy is a class player with a devastating left foot kick and we were very unhappy to lose him
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Brett » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:44 pm

wedgetail wrote:
Brett wrote:
wedgetail wrote:
Brett wrote:Said its been untapped area for years and not many clubs have had success in enticing players from there.

I think Jade would have been quoted correctly when he said " several loyal " fans . lol

I am sure clubs will be loving the fact a couple of the older players are going around again.

Lot of talk about Rowe and may get drafted and then lost in the AFL system.

You'd make a good washing machine!

Tell me more.

You're an agitator.

Nah just tell it how it is. Some is a bit over heads of people but that is what happens on sites as you may have realised .

Read it and try and understand it if you can.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby Eagles Nest » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:39 pm

MJP1993 wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Mic wrote:quote="Mic"]

Indeed.
Clearly the best side all year, I would’ve thought that enjoying that would be enough to knock all those chips off of all those shoulders.[/quote]

Spargo if it’s me I apologise sometimes I don’t exactly know what I’m saying
My apologies[/quote]

"Class and Humility"
Bit rich coming from the NAFC - been near the Grog Squad recently?
Eagles Nest
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Magellan » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:24 pm

Eagles Nest wrote:"Class and Humility"

Talk about walking down an intellectual cul-de-sac. The "class and humility" comment was from a Bays supporter, and endorsed by an Eagles fan. The Grog Squad aren't posting on this site en masse, so why that's at all relevant I do not know. Those who do engage in appropriate banter, to echo goddy11's earlier wise words.

There's some desperately retaliatory Eagles 'supporters' on here who seem more obsessed with North Adelaide than their own club. Very, very strange behaviour, but if that's how you all get through the day after having watched the grand final highlights for the 33rd time, then the best of British luck to each of you.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby ferret » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:54 pm

Magellan wrote:

Talk about walking down an intellectual cul-de-sac. The "class and humility" comment was from a Bays supporter, and endorsed by an Eagles fan. The Grog Squad aren't posting on this site en masse, so why that's at all relevant I do not know. Those who do engage in appropriate banter, to echo goddy11's earlier wise words.

There's some desperately retaliatory Eagles 'supporters' on here who seem more obsessed with North Adelaide than their own club. Very, very strange behaviour, but if that's how you all get through the day after having watched the grand final highlights for the 33rd time, then the best of British luck to each of you.

Get stuffed you bitter loser.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 136 times

Postby DOC » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:06 pm

ferret wrote:
Magellan wrote:

It's pretty hard to get something so simple completely wrong yet you have achieved it.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:11 pm

ferret wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Ha, far from it. Read my post below from just after the grand final - you may have missed it in the midst of the post-GF euphoria, which is absolutely understandable given the Eagles' emphatic win.

PS You haven't really done much to disprove my original point, despite your clever turn of phrase and rapier wit. :lol:

Magellan wrote:Congratulations Eagles. The best side of the 2020 season demonstrated exactly that yesterday afternoon, when it counts the most. An impressive juggernaut that we could not answer once they got into gear in the second quarter, which is where the game was won and lost. They made North look second rate, continually placing us under intense pressure - I reckon we gave away more turnovers than Sarah Lee - and we couldn’t deal with it, often hesitating and making many forced and unforced errors. All 19th player jokes aside, it felt like the Eagles had about 25 players on the field, which is what happens when you’re absolutely dominating a footy match and everything is falling into place. To all associated with footy down at Oval Avenue, take a bow and enjoy the spoils of victory, your spot atop the the brewery chimney has been well earned.

And for that reason, I’m disappointed with the result, but not entirely surprised to be honest. No disgrace in being comfortably beaten by the top side who was the better team on paper and had genuine reasons to make a stand on the biggest stage given previous finals performances (e.g. a fortnight ago, the 2018 prelim, a couple of recent GFs, plus the 2000s vs Centrals). I think its fair to say that Sheedy has gone a long way in removing those monkeys from the club’s back. In the back of my mind I feared that our win in the second semi might somehow backfire, by providing the Eagles with ammunition to prove the footy world wrong (including some Eagles fans on this forum), and I suspect that was at least a contributing factor in yesterday’s result.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:45 pm

:lol:

Spargo
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:21 pm

Wedgie wrote:

Absolutely shocking on the piss though :lol: ;)
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby ferret » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:34 am

mighty hounds wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

He must have been happy with the contract presented, because he signed it. He was a Judas and took the 30 pieces of silver in the end.

How many North players received a reduced salary to accommodate Allmond??? How many North players received a reduced salary to accommodate the over the top transfer fee??? Happens everywhere.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 136 times

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:30 pm

ferret wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

He must have been happy with the contract presented, because he signed it. He was a Judas and took the 30 pieces of silver in the end.

How many North players received a reduced salary to accommodate Allmond??? How many North players received a reduced salary to accommodate the over the top transfer fee??? Happens everywhere.

I don't really care Ferret. I find it amusing you sound more worried about Jezza than enjoying winning a flag

Maybe the Eagles should have just matched the offer and he might not have left and you guys might not have blown 47 point lead in the prelim and could have won two flags in 3 years.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Spargo » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:52 pm

Seriously, some of these Eagles supporters - they could win a bar of gold and still bitch & moan they had to carry it to the car.

Spargo
Coach

Postby Brett » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:52 pm

Spargo wrote:Seriously, some of these Eagles supporters - they could win a bar of gold and still bitch & moan they had to carry it to the car.

They seem to have a strange outlook on footy and are a interesting supporter base . Not many of them and it seems a lot have no idea. I think its an old Torrens thing myself .
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby MJP1993 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:22 pm

Brett wrote:
Spargo wrote:Seriously, some of these Eagles supporters - they could win a bar of gold and still bitch & moan they had to carry it to the car.

They seem to have a strange outlook on footy and are a interesting supporter base . Not many of them and it seems a lot have no idea. I think its an old Torrens thing myself .

Says a guy many posters have issues with his posts lmao
MJP1993
Under 18s

Postby whybother » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:15 pm

"They seem to have a strange outlook on footy and are a interesting supporter base . Not many of them and it seems a lot have no idea. I think its an old Torrens thing myself "

Please leave old Torrens supporters alone. We have suffered greatly over the years.
whybother
Under 16s

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 97 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL