Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:58 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Q. wrote:Surely it's time to get rid of this travel restriction:

If you travel to SA by air, you MUST NOT transit via a Victorian airport.

Interesting that Spirit of Tasmania is promoting $99 trips from Melbourne to Tassie, obviously only open to non-Victorians, reading the small print SA/NSW residents have to drive straight from the border to the dock, only allowed to stop for petrol - wonder how many are bothering with all that?

Is that the Abel Tasman pimped up or completely different vessels?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:01 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Q. wrote:Surely it's time to get rid of this travel restriction:

If you travel to SA by air, you MUST NOT transit via a Victorian airport.

Interesting that Spirit of Tasmania is promoting $99 trips from Melbourne to Tassie, obviously only open to non-Victorians, reading the small print SA/NSW residents have to drive straight from the border to the dock, only allowed to stop for petrol - wonder how many are bothering with all that?

Bloke here at work, semi-retired tool maker, has a property in Tassie and he's been waiting to get there since the border from Vic > Tassie got shut, he's on the Spirit in his Combie on the 5th December and has to detail where he crossed into Victoria, where he stopped and for how long when he gets on the boat, Tasmanian officials then decide when he lobs there if he has to isolate or not. Most likely he'll be off to his rural property so he should be fine.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Corona Man » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:50 am

Double Doughnuts in Victoria now for 10 straight days I think.

Looking forward to an announcement on Friday about possible re-opening of SA/Vic border without any need for quarantine.

It's been 9 months since I was last at "home"...
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:56 am

Corona Man wrote:Double Doughnuts in Victoria now for 10 straight days I think.

Looking forward to an announcement on Friday about possible re-opening of SA/Vic border without any need for quarantine.

Good luck with that mate, I'm generally excited for this news to come out, it will have a very positive indirect influence in my life, I hope it's as clean cut as you've suggested.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:05 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Double Doughnuts in Victoria now for 10 straight days I think.

Good luck with that mate, I'm generally excited for this news to come out, it will have a very positive indirect influence in my life, I hope it's as clean cut as you've suggested.

Yes me too, some clarity would be great. We had planned a holiday between Christmas & New Year to catch up with our son, and his wife. However given the un-certainty back in October, we elected to cancel those plans and get a refund on the accommodation etc.

Agree just a clean "you can come into SA" date would be great for planning.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Trader » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:12 am

At the moment Vics coming to SA for a holiday need to quarantine in a medi-hotel for 14 days.

I think they'll step that back to at-home quarantine for a period before going to open slather at a later date.

As much as we would like it, I just can't see those in charge making a bold decision and jumping straight to open slather.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:17 am

Trader wrote:At the moment Vics coming to SA for a holiday need to quarantine in a medi-hotel for 14 days.

I think they'll step that back to at-home quarantine for a period before going to open slather at a later date.

As much as we would like it, I just can't see those in charge making a bold decision and jumping straight to open slather.

Yeah, I'm kinda hoping the tracing app scan thing might be enough to avoid the quarantine bit.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:25 am

Trader wrote:At the moment Vics coming to SA for a holiday need to quarantine in a medi-hotel for 14 days.

Borders is still closed, isn't it, so only essential travellers can come in?

If you want to just come for a holiday I don't reckon you're allowed in yet.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Trader » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:27 am

My guess will be that on Friday 14th they announce medi-hotel's no longer required and you can do your 14 days from a private residence.

Then come the end of November they will go to no quarantine at all, meaning those that did 14 days will be getting out at roughly the same time as those that just waited in victoria anyway.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Corona Man » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:30 am

I am hopeful of an early December date for come in without quarantine. All going well, I will make a quick work trip over for a Thursday & Friday, stay on for the weekend and watch the lads cricket, and collect a few bottles of Red from one Mr@Spargo
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Spargo » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:32 am

Corona Man wrote:I am hopeful of an early December date for come in without quarantine. All going well, I will make a quick work trip over for a Thursday & Friday, stay on for the weekend and watch the lads cricket, and collect a few bottles of Red from one Mr@Spargo

I’m pushing for further border restrictions...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:56 pm

I’m all for a Christmas catch up whilst the @Corona Man virus is here
This forum has been a lot of fun in what has been a **** of a year
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby stan » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:09 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:I’m all for a Christmas catch up whilst the @Corona Man virus is here
This forum has been a lot of fun in what has been a **** of a year
Corona man, from Victoria = Corona Virus.

There it is, I have cracked the code, forget the Chinese I have found the source of the virus.

Nobody knows more about the virus than me ;)
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:17 pm

Borders open to Victoria on December 1
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:22 pm

Booney wrote:Borders open to Victoria on December 1

What about standing to have a beer inside, any update there :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:25 pm

Got a link @Booney?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:41 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Got a link @Booney?

All Victorian-SA border restrictions to be dropped from December 1, if no mystery cases emerge
Victorians will be able to travel in SA with no restrictions by December 1 – provided no mysterious COVID cases emerge – and standing-up drinking is set to return too.

Victoria has recorded zero new coronavirus cases for 14 consecutive days, reaching the state’s timeline target 10 days ahead of schedule.
Victorian travellers will be able to visit South Australia unrestricted from next month as authorities ease the state’s hard border in time for Christmas, provided no mysterious coronavirus cases emerge.

In a highly anticipated decision, a specially called COVID-19 Transition Committee meeting on Friday advised the borders should be completely lifted from December 1.

The decision, which was authorised by Police Commissioner Grant Stevens as state COVID co-ordinator, will mean no traveller will need to quarantine when crossing the border.

It also means families will enjoy unrestricted travel in time for Christmas, provided no mysterious cases of community transmission – either locally or in Victoria – emerge over the coming weeks.

As of midnight tonight, WA’s border with SA will also reopen.

The committee’s early morning meeting, which involved senior officials including Mr Stevens and chief public health officer Professor Nicola Spurrier, also debated hospitality rules including standing up drinking.

Rules will change if QR codes and identification scanners are ready.

The border easing, more than four months after being closed, were announced by Premier Steven Marshall as Victoria recorded a fortnight of no new cases.

Mr Marshall said another Transition Committee meeting on Tuesday will examine easing more restrictions surrounding venue capacity.

And standing-up drinking is likely to return “around” next Friday as QR codes and identification scanning is launched, he said.

He said restrictions “will ease … across a range of venues and activities”.

The December 1 date will represent 28 days since the Victorian borders were partially eased to allow people to relocate to SA.

The hard border came into force on July 8.

A two-staged easing was rejected due to compliance issues after police and SA Health spent the past few days checking if a home quarantine arrangement could be adequately staffed.

The committee also discussed the potential risk presented by the unusual case of a Commonwealth agency nurse in her 20s, who was deployed to fight Melbourne’s second wave.

Tests suggested it was an old reinfection but her case was not enough to change any border arrangements.

The woman, who is in a stable condition in the Peppers medi-hotel, Waymouth St, has not shown any symptoms of the disease.

She tested positive to coronavirus in August.

On Friday, Prof Spurrier said it was “possible” it was a reinfection.

“It looks like a second infection – if it is a second infection – that occurred some time ago

and is also an old infection,” she said.

After recovering, the woman arrived at Adelaide Airport on Monday morning and checked into a hotel for a fortnight of mandatory quarantine.

Her compulsory first-day test was positive.

Authorities called the case “complicated” as they worked out whether is it is a reinfection or if she was still shedding old traces of the virus after three months.

Almost all of the country’s microbiologists and pathologist have been involved.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:47 pm

Cheers, that's pleasing.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:47 pm

QLD going to 100% capacity for major sports venues in time for the State of Origin Wednesday night.
Hopefully we can have close to a full house for the Test match
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Trader » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:54 pm

Trader wrote:I think they'll step that back to at-home quarantine for a period before going to open slather at a later date.

Trader wrote:My guess will be that on Friday 14th they announce medi-hotel's no longer required and you can do your 14 days from a private residence.

Then come the end of November they will go to no quarantine at all, meaning those that did 14 days will be getting out at roughly the same time as those that just waited in victoria anyway.

Well I was sort of right, end of the month its no quarantine at all.

While I was wrong that they'd do it in one jump, I was right that they continued to make conservative decisions. They basically cancelled the interim step altogether and made everyone wait til the end of the month!
Trader
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion