2020 Retirements and delistings / trade talk

Talk on the national game

Re: 2020 Retirements and delistings / trade talk

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:53 am

Q. wrote:
Booney wrote:"Last week Nathan Buckley had a phone conversation with Adam Treloar. He told him that the senior core of the group didn't want him around anymore. I would find it staggering (if the players wanted him out), he is very popular in that group"

- Sam Edmund

File that one under "Conversations that never took place" :roll:

Adam Treloar has today confirmed the below - that Nathan Buckley told him senior Pies players wanted him to move on. “That was told to me in no uncertain way. That hurt. To be told that when I don’t think that’s the truth ... that hurts.”

(The below)

"Last week Nathan Buckley had a phone conversation with Adam Treloar. He told him that the senior core of the group didn't want him around anymore. I would find it staggering (if the players wanted him out), he is very popular in that group"
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10779 times

Postby Spargo » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:54 am

Booney wrote:Bulldogs went from $19 to $14 over night for the 2021 premiership.

@woodublieve12
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5483 times
Been liked: 5124 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Jim05 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:03 pm

Booney wrote:Bulldogs went from $19 to $14 over night for the 2021 premiership.
Strange one the Dogs for me.
Already had a good midfield but their defence is ordinary and Rucks average. They didn’t really address either too much so I just don’t see them taking the next step.
Top 4 I think will be similar with West Coast probably the only threat to that maybe at Brisbane’s expense?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby valleys07 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:12 pm

Booney wrote:
Q. wrote:
Booney wrote:"Last week Nathan Buckley had a phone conversation with Adam Treloar. He told him that the senior core of the group didn't want him around anymore. I would find it staggering (if the players wanted him out), he is very popular in that group"

- Sam Edmund

File that one under "Conversations that never took place" :roll:

Adam Treloar has today confirmed the below - that Nathan Buckley told him senior Pies players wanted him to move on. “That was told to me in no uncertain way. That hurt. To be told that when I don’t think that’s the truth ... that hurts.”

(The below)

"Last week Nathan Buckley had a phone conversation with Adam Treloar. He told him that the senior core of the group didn't want him around anymore. I would find it staggering (if the players wanted him out), he is very popular in that group"

:shock:

Unbelievable.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

2020 Retirements and delistings / trade talk

Postby Jim05 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:13 pm

Figgy and his racist Prez looking very foolish right about now

Jim05
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:24 pm

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:Tin foil hat time.

Collingwood were found to have broken the salary cap. Due to the pies not actually winning anything and the AFL not wanting to deal with a salary cap scandal tell Collingwood to have a total cleanout immediately. AFL then sweep it under the rug and its a win/win for both the AFL/Collingwood.

No other possible explanation makes sense for Collingwoods trade week.

The AFL integrity unit sign off on all trades.

They got wind of Adelaide/St Kilda playing around with Luke Dunstan and his salary with Crouch and the compensation pick deal and told the Crows/Sts no way it will happen. How then do Collingwood effectively trade Treloar for a future 2nd rounder and Phillips for 65?

Agree, it just doesn't all sit right.....massive feel of something being swept under the rug.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2530 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:24 pm

Do we need a Collingwood Imploding thread?
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 448 times
Been liked: 1213 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:33 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Do we need a Collingwood Imploding thread?

Certainly got potential
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:37 pm

Western Bulldogs recruit Adam Treloar has confirmed reports Nathan Buckley told him multiple senior players wanted him gone from the club.
Earlier this month, SEN‘s Sam Edmund reported Buckley had told Treloar senior core group members didn’t want him around.

However, Buckley refuted the claims on Twitter, with Treloar confirming the discussion did occur.

“Absolute fact”...news to me Sam.

The constant rumour and innuendo is disrespectful to Adam, the club and our supporters.

We’ll continue to communicate directly and sensitively with Adz and his management.

FYI, our leaders don’t sit on list management, it’s not their job.

— Nathan Buckley (@ncb_cfc) November 2, 2020

“Yeah it is what you read – that was told to me in no uncertain way,” he told reporters on Friday morning.

“That did hurt because I know how close I am with the players. To be told that when I don’t think that’s the truth and to be told that when I know the majority of players love me, that hurts a bit.

“I guess they were adamant on moving me on. No matter how they were going to go about it, it was going to happen.

“I’ve spoken to a number of players and the majority of players have sent me messages of love and support. I don’t think that was the truth, I don’t think that was the reality.

“I think they were up for a fight to move me on and anything was going to be said to move me on. I didn’t think that was the truth.”

As for the discussions on whether his parter Kim’s move to Queensland would hinder his ability to play, Treloar explained he would never have moved out of Victoria.

“The reality was there was a conversation and I guess the club wanted to go in another direction,” he said.

“ The way they went about it hurt because a lot of it played out externally and I’d like to think that wouldn’t have been the case. I guess you just have to ride with the punches.

“In terms of Kim playing up in Queensland … hand on heart that (moving to Queensland) was never a reality. I never considered playing in Queensland and that’s no disrespect to the teams in Queensland, I just didn’t want to move out of Victoria.”
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Q. » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:53 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Collingwood were found to have broken the salary cap. Due to the pies not actually winning anything and the AFL not wanting to deal with a salary cap scandal tell Collingwood to have a total cleanout immediately. AFL then sweep it under the rug and its a win/win for both the AFL/Collingwood.

It doesnt get mentioned for obvious reasons but I guarantee the Beams issue has the club hamstrung and has caused some of this fallout. They have 2 more years of him on big $'s and they haven't been able to negotiate an exit for him. No doubt due to their tight cap they have tried to negotiate a low payout but Beams ain't budging.

Yes, the Beams trade has ****** us (someone needs to be held accountable for lack of due diligence), but cannot fathom how a bloke can demand his contract in full while he sells craft paint on the side :shock:
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:13 pm

Every f*cking away game listening to Brian f*cking Taylor say Oraaaaaazio has me angry already. What shall we do @Bum Crack, listen to the radio instead?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:15 pm

Booney wrote:Every f*cking away game listening to Brian f*cking Taylor say Oraaaaaazio has me angry already. What shall we do @Bum Crack, listen to the radio instead?
You will only get about 2 games a year out of Fantasia ;)
Jim05
Coach

Postby Trader » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:20 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:Every f*cking away game listening to Brian f*cking Taylor say Oraaaaaazio has me angry already. What shall we do @Bum Crack, listen to the radio instead?
You will only get about 2 games a year out of Fantasia ;)

Agreed, would have been free next year. We've given up pick 29 for 2 games...

I wonder what the average number of games played for a pick 29 is over the years. I'd assume more than 2.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:29 pm

Bit presumptuous that every away game will be on FTA?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3500 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:33 pm

Q. wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

It doesnt get mentioned for obvious reasons but I guarantee the Beams issue has the club hamstrung and has caused some of this fallout. They have 2 more years of him on big $'s and they haven't been able to negotiate an exit for him. No doubt due to their tight cap they have tried to negotiate a low payout but Beams ain't budging.

Yes, the Beams trade has ****** us (someone needs to be held accountable for lack of due diligence), but cannot fathom how a bloke can demand his contract in full while he sells craft paint on the side :shock:

Hate to say it while he fights his demons but shows the quality of the bloke.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:36 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Bit presumptuous that every away game will be on FTA?

I'd say we'll get some prime time spots. You know, 12 noon, Sunday's.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Q. » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:45 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Q. wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Hate to say it while he fights his demons but shows the quality of the bloke.

Apparently he had 'burner' social media accounts where he would shit-can the club and players on club posts :shock:
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Corona Man » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:52 pm

So he gets a game at Port?

Thought he’d be a fringe/SANFL player anyway?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Jim05 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:06 pm

Corona Man wrote:

So he gets a game at Port?

Thought he’d be a fringe/SANFL player anyway?
If fit he plays ahead of Motlop and guys like Woodcock
Jim05
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:03 pm

Dutchy wrote:

If he's not fulfilling his end of the contract (like playing) then I wouldve thought it would get torn up.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 431 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL