Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Hopeful Jelly » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:54 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:Have to laugh at all the people on the News saying how great it is to be back to normal, how hard we have had it, blah, blah, blah.

Melbourne did it tough, six months of it. We were locked down for a day and a half for God’s sake, hardly doing it tough!

Remember when we used to have 4 days in a row over Easter and also sometimes Christmas through to Proclamation Day where everything was closed. How did these folks cope then? One of the only things you could do was visit extended family which made it even worse. :)
Hopeful Jelly
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 11 times

Postby stan » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:17 am

Jim05 wrote:
stan wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:The only way there is going to be another outbreak is if it comes from a disease hotel, libs would be dead in the water if it happens again.
Remarkable to see the flak the Libs are getting here in comparison to others.
No deaths and 3 days of lockdowns but Marshall is terrible whilst Dan’s government is responsible for 122 days of lockdown and hundreds of deaths and he is treated like the King of Victoria
Dan's way more ****** that Steve. Steve is pretty ****** though.
If elections were held tomorrow Andrews would win in a landslide.
Marshall would lose over here despite them handling it better than most other states in the country.
It was only a few days ago most were saying how lucky we were in SA that we have pretty much been normal since June yet 3 days later they want him gone
Marshall made the exact same mistake Dan did across the border. Even had the hindsight and the lessons learnt from Dan as well.

Bloody hell Marshall is amazing at stuffing up the in stuffable. Losing the unloseable.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:18 am

Hopeful Jelly wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:Have to laugh at all the people on the News saying how great it is to be back to normal, how hard we have had it, blah, blah, blah.

Melbourne did it tough, six months of it. We were locked down for a day and a half for God’s sake, hardly doing it tough!

Remember when we used to have 4 days in a row over Easter and also sometimes Christmas through to Proclamation Day where everything was closed. How did these folks cope then? One of the only things you could do was visit extended family which made it even worse. :)
You could in fact exercise, see people, go to the beach etc. lots of things. Poor example
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:55 am

I'm getting t-shirts made up.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:09 am

Went to Covid Central yesterday (The Beff), there were more face tattoo's than face masks.

Back in my day only tough blokes got tattoo's, now barely anyone doesn't have any, especially there.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Apachebulldog » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:20 am

So have all the sheep and goats settled down after the shopping stampede last Wednesday ????? :lol:
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:25 am

I'm filthy. I was easing nicely into a 6 day holiday now I'm back in the office. FFS!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:33 am

Apachebulldog wrote:So have all the sheep and goats settled down after the shopping stampede last Wednesday ????? :lol:

More of the goats I'd say, you'd have to of had rocks in your head to tackle the shops on Wednesday arvo knowing they'd still be open while half the population couldn't go to work but could only shop alone.

I'm still going on the box of beer I bought, I didn't even have to get out of the car for it and it took one minute from the time I arrived at Dans.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:35 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:So have all the sheep and goats settled down after the shopping stampede last Wednesday ????? :lol:

More of the goats I'd say, you'd have to of had rocks in your head to tackle the shops on Wednesday arvo knowing they'd still be open while half the population couldn't go to work but could only shop alone.

I'm still going on the box of beer I bought, I didn't even have to get out of the car for it and it took one minute from the time I arrived at Dans.

I got 2 cartons of pale.

I've got 6 left. :oops:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:36 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I got 2 cartons of pale.

I've got 6 left. :oops:

I still had to work, didn't drink Thursday, Friday or yesterday.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:38 am

People lined up for hours to get into Maccas FFS. Close to the worst food on the planet and these bozos are prepared to line up extended periods of time, I just don’t get it
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:44 am

Jim05 wrote:People lined up for hours to get into Maccas FFS. Close to the worst food on the planet and these bozos are prepared to line up extended periods of time, I just don’t get it

At least their toilet paper would've got used not long after, everything they make goes straight through me, the only thing I can eat form there is the quarter pounder or the Angus Burger, it's been at least 2 or 3 years since I've had either.

I'll on get the bacon deluxe burger from Hungry's, and that's only with a 2fa voucher.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:31 am

Jim05 wrote:People lined up for hours to get into Maccas FFS. Close to the worst food on the planet and these bozos are prepared to line up extended periods of time, I just don’t get it

Got woken yesterday morning at 5.20am by my 14yo opening the front door, had arranged to meet his mates and walk down the Macca's Darlington for breakfast :roll:

Of course at 7.30am this morning we are yelling at him to get out of bed to go to school.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Pseudo » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:32 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

At least their toilet paper would've got used not long after, everything they make goes straight through me, the only thing I can eat form there is the quarter pounder or the Angus Burger, it's been at least 2 or 3 years since I've had either.

I'll on get the bacon deluxe burger from Hungry's, and that's only with a 2fa voucher.

Back in the day I flipped burgers in HJ's for beer money while studying to do better things. Over one summer when I was working there almost daily, I ate nothing but their "food" for a 48 hour period.

It took another 3 days for me to start passing solids again.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:33 am

He set a dangerous precedent there.....

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Q. » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:36 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Q. wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Marshall and Spurrier have both stated that the quarantining of returning Aussies in Medi Hotels is high risk. They have also requested flights into Adelaide be suspended. It is also clear that SA's gold star is a little tarnished and we haven't implemented some of the key learnings from what happened in Victoria. Malinauskas is entitled to call for a suspension of the medi hotel program until they get it right. Marshall and Malinauskas are pretty well aligned on this issue.
Of course it’s high risk I just think that no system will be perfect no matter what.
The best system would be a purpose built facility with medical onsite and the staff to live on site and then undertake quarantine themselves but it’s very, very hard logistically to make this happen

Bang on the money. An effective government would find a way to implement this.

Just like they did with the boat people. Glad to see you’re onboard with it now

I've always been an advocate for onshore processing.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:54 am

Pseudo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Back in the day I flipped burgers in HJ's for beer money while studying to do better things. Over one summer when I was working there almost daily, I ate nothing but their "food" for a 48 hour period.

It took another 3 days for me to start passing solids again.

:lol: :lol:
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Trader » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:07 am

Not sure if I should be happy we got it back under control and despite still having illogical restrictions (like no community sport) I should be grateful and move on with life content we were saved by the wonderful 3 musketeers. Or should we now be reflecting on the actions of the past week and asking a number of questions...

Is it true that the 26 that have tested positive, 1 was done in hospital by the amazing junior doctor, and the remaining 25 were all target tested after being identified as close contacts?

In reality, the 77,000 tests the public have taken have returned zero positive tests?

Not sure if I should be happy we have been so lucky that it never got out, or questioning why we are spending so much on having these testing facilities?

Another question I have is in relation to the timing of the testing.
St Nicola is telling us that she expects more +ve tests over the ensuing period as more people already in quarantine go through the incubation period. Ok, makes sense.
But then the 77,000 people from the general public who lined up, got tested, returned a -ve result are now running around with an assumed clean bill of health, when in reality they could actually be super spreaders???

This latest narrative of people turning positive after a number of days is also concerning with respect to the fact we were told this strain only had a 24 hour incubation period and a 3 day cycle. If so, given the virus got out on November 6th, how come some 17 days later we are seeing more people test positive despite being isolated for longer than 3 days? Is it that what we were told last Wednesday was just scare-mongering to justify crippling the economy in what amounted to nothing more than a glorified science experiment?
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:34 am

Any new numbers released yet today?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:37 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Any new numbers released yet today?
Nope, 12pm
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion