I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:11 am

Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Does anyone have any rules on coffee consumption?

I love a cuppa but I limit it to 2 a day and I won't have one after midday.

Some people at work flog the machine, one area of 4 seem to all have 4 or 5 a day and are still making them at 4 in the afternoon, I wouldn't stop pissing nor would I get to sleep.

On the contrary. I find if I flog my machine just before bed I have no problem sleeping...

It's your machine and you can flog it as much as you like.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:13 am

whufc wrote:

Some people at work flog the machine, one area of 4 seem to all have 4 or 5 a day and are still making them at 4 in the afternoon, I wouldn't stop pissing nor would I get to sleep.

I'm a two a day, i have one in the morning and one as a night cap. I know they say you shouldn't have one at night but i really enjoy sitting down with Netflix or the computer and a cup of coffee in hand. I seem to sleep well so it doesn't bother more.

I'm more worried about the calories of milk a day i would be drinking with any more. :D

Our work machine is 80% milk for the latte setting at a guess, now I do a flat white, let the milk miss the cup for a bit and then bang in two double expresso's to top her up.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:15 am

Booney wrote:

One in the morning and that's it and I rarely have one on the weekend.

I have around 40 minutes post coffee before I need to *ahem* take a seat for a few minutes.

It's funny how most cafe coffee's have that affect on me yet my work one doesn't.

I've pretty much given up on Iced Coffee if I'm going out anywhere in the morning.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:16 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I've pretty much given up on Iced Coffee if I'm going out anywhere in the morning.

I haven't had an iced coffee this century.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby JK » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:39 am

Looking at switching over to NBN at home, anyone recommend a provider that's reasonably priced and easy to deal with?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Pseudo » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:55 am

On a typical work day I would have 4 coffees of respectable strength during the day. Have already had 4 today, mostly 'coz I'm working at home where the coffee is within easy reach.

After dinner I'll have a shot of decaf. Any further hot drinks are limited to green/peppermint tea.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Pseudo » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:57 am

JK wrote:Looking at switching over to NBN at home, anyone recommend a provider that's reasonably priced and easy to deal with?

Dunno about price comparison, but Internode's customer service is the best I've had from any company anywhere.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:58 am

JK wrote:Looking at switching over to NBN at home, anyone recommend a provider that's reasonably priced and easy to deal with?

Ours got done automatically a couple of years ago, and then Telstra tried slugging me for it for it, there was no way I was going to pay.

Can't say that I had any trouble with it afterwards though, didn't really hear from the two lads who would've been smashing out fortnite while we were playing music on youtube while watching the races online.

Telstra can be a pain in the arse setting up and they're not usually the cheapest but I've always found that having the monopoly of the market I get better service all round so I don't mind paying a bit extra, I can't recall ever having a dropout since having NBN, used to have three teenagers come running downstairs simultaneously if there was a dropout or someone knocked the modem accidentally.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:01 pm

Pseudo wrote:On a typical work day I would have 4 coffees of respectable strength during the day. Have already had 4 today, mostly 'coz I'm working at home where the coffee is within easy reach.

After dinner I'll have a shot of decaf. Any further hot drinks are limited to green/peppermint tea.

I used to love the coffee we had when I was living with the wife, it wasn't an expensive machine but we had good pods. a decent frother and nice sized mugs to drink from, now I don't drink coffee at home.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:34 pm

Cheers lads :D :-BD
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:46 pm

JK wrote:Cheers lads :D :-BD

Might pay to wait on more advice before going balls deep, Telstra's customer service can be rank initially but all good once up and running.

We get 40Gb each (2 phones) and unlimited NBN for $180 per month.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:07 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Might pay to wait on more advice before going balls deep, Telstra's customer service can be rank initially but all good once up and running.

We are with Telstra and when things work it is the best by far.

We have had a couple of minor issues eg for a couple of months they were taking $90 a fortnight direct debit instead of the $45 per fortnight, eventually and $200 dollars credit later i decided i should contact them to get them to drop the debit amount down.

Absolute nightmare to speak to anyone. Trying to phone a consultant is harder than finding a covid vaccine, there whole operation is now set up for online service or live messaging service. If your not comfortable using those i wouldn't be moving with Telstra.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby JK » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:11 pm

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

We are with Telstra and when things work it is the best by far.

We have had a couple of minor issues eg for a couple of months they were taking $90 a fortnight direct debit instead of the $45 per fortnight, eventually and $200 dollars credit later i decided i should contact them to get them to drop the debit amount down.

Absolute nightmare to speak to anyone. Trying to phone a consultant is harder than finding a covid vaccine, there whole operation is now set up for online service or live messaging service. If your not comfortable using those i wouldn't be moving with Telstra.

I was with Telstra a few years back and thought they were a bunch or rude arrogant crooks, so highly unlikely we'll head down that path. Chatting to the gurus at work it's looking like Aussie, iiNet or Internode most likely.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:18 pm

JK wrote:
I was with Telstra a few years back and thought they were a bunch or rude arrogant crooks, so highly unlikely we'll head down that path. Chatting to the gurus at work it's looking like Aussie, iiNet or Internode most likely.

They are the same.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Wedgie » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:42 pm

Never had a coffee in my life, never understood the fascination with hot beverages in a hot climate, my body temperature is too hot normally without any help.
Have an iced coffee most morning, only had a gut issue when I used to work in an office and would have one with a muffin at 7am in the morning, would be sitting on the shitter blasting out a splatter at 9.50am on the dot every day.
Have one these days either by itself or with a sausage roll and I'm fine, think its a combo of the milk with egg or something or maybe getting up later, who knows.

Anyway, I need to know why the cops chased me last night, they went through a red light, sped up, went right up my clacker and put their high beam on. As there was no flashing lights I continued on my way home, taking a right and a left in some backstreets before they left me alone, was only a couple of blocks from home and was going to continue there while they didn't have their flashing lights on so there would be some witnesses to their behaviour. Was really quite dangerous how close they were to me with an extremely potent high beam almost blinding me. Kind of wish I'd stopped now as I would have given them a piece of my mind but knowing how they work that could have been dangerous.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Failed Creation » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:43 pm

I go through 8-12 pods a day on average.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:54 pm

Failed Creation wrote:

Sheesh!!!!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:58 pm

Wedgie wrote:Anyway, I need to know why the cops chased me last night, they went through a red light, sped up, went right up my clacker and put their high beam on. As there was no flashing lights I continued on my way home, taking a right and a left in some backstreets before they left me alone, was only a couple of blocks from home and was going to continue there while they didn't have their flashing lights on so there would be some witnesses to their behaviour. Was really quite dangerous how close they were to me with an extremely potent high beam almost blinding me. Kind of wish I'd stopped now as I would have given them a piece of my mind but knowing how they work that could have been dangerous.

Number plate. Simples.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby JK » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:06 pm

Failed Creation wrote:

Seems a Podigious amount
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:13 pm

I have three x double strength cups a day. One first thing at work at 7.30, then another about 9am. Then one more straight after lunch.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1844 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion