Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Corona Man » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:09 pm

The countdown is on.... I’m back baby. Dec 10th.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:27 pm

Corona Man wrote:The countdown is on.... I’m back baby. Dec 10th.

Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby stan » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:25 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:So, this latest couple contracted the "parafield" strain while they were in a medi hotel. If that's the case, it could only have been Peppers and they could only have contracted from one of four .... the female who was returning from the UK (patient zero), the cleaner at Peppers or one of the two security guards at Peppers. Pretty poor quarantine set up if a guest can infect staff (cleaner/security) who then infect other guests.
Wasn't old mate "pizza delivery guy" visit a number of rooms at Peppers delivering "pizza"?

Either way this **** is endless.

It was only a matter of them before SA Health pulled an SA Health and ****** up.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:21 pm

stan wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:So, this latest couple contracted the "parafield" strain while they were in a medi hotel. If that's the case, it could only have been Peppers and they could only have contracted from one of four .... the female who was returning from the UK (patient zero), the cleaner at Peppers or one of the two security guards at Peppers. Pretty poor quarantine set up if a guest can infect staff (cleaner/security) who then infect other guests.
Wasn't old mate "pizza delivery guy" visit a number of rooms at Peppers delivering "pizza"?

Either way this **** is endless.

It was only a matter of them before SA Health pulled an SA Health and ****** up.

Haven't SA Police confirmed there was no link between the Spanish pizza guy and Peppers .... no he didn't visit rooms at Peppers. I'm starting to feel a little sorry for him. What he did was wrong, but there seem to be a lot of people who want to crucify him for other stuff. I'm keen to see what comes from the discussions with the other two persons of intetest at the Woodville pizza bar. Anyway, that is a separate issue to the quarantine failures at Peppers.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Hopeful Jelly » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:49 pm

Trader wrote:Parafield cluster jumps by 2 to 29.

SA Health have just revealed the 2 recent cases from returned travellers have the same strain of the virus as the parafield cluster.

So despite being in their own hotel quarantine, they have caught this strain, further suggesting the hotel isn't operating as it should and they have caught it from either The Spaniard, The Cleaner, or have been interacting with other guests.

No matter what the explanation is, it's a clear shortcoming of the system.

I'm somewhat hopeful its the third option, because if its one of the first two, you'd expect that to have occurred prior to Sunday 15th Nov, meaning todays confirmation is a long incubation period and there is a greater chance someone from the general public will test positive in the near future, restarting the entire over-reaction.

From my understanding with this strain, it takes less than 24 hours to become infectious after being exposed to it, and then you are infectious for about 3 days. However you can test positive well after this time even if not infectious.

So my guess is it happened before Nov 15 ... these 2 arrived in Adelaide on Nov 11 and tested negative either on the 11th or 12th after arriving. The cleaner and security guards would have been working there up until around the 13th/14th before going into quarantine, so there's a 2-3 day window where they may have come into contact.

(I'm assuming that the initial traveller that arrived on Nov 2 didn't pass it to these 2 new cases directly because the 3-day cycle would have long passed by the time these 2 arrived. And if it happened after Nov 15, it means there's someone else that has passed it on which they haven't found yet - eg. another contact of the cleaner/security guards that has not been put in quarantine.)

Either way, there's 2 failures in the medi-hotel within a week or so - the initial infection to the cleaner/security guards, and then the cleaner/security guards passing it on to these 2 arrivals.

If we get out of this without another lockdown and back to "normal" from December 1, we've dodged a massive bullet - as have Marshall, Stevens and Spurrier.
Hopeful Jelly
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 11 times

Postby stan » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:47 am

Hopeful Jelly wrote:
Trader wrote:Parafield cluster jumps by 2 to 29.

SA Health have just revealed the 2 recent cases from returned travellers have the same strain of the virus as the parafield cluster.

So despite being in their own hotel quarantine, they have caught this strain, further suggesting the hotel isn't operating as it should and they have caught it from either The Spaniard, The Cleaner, or have been interacting with other guests.

No matter what the explanation is, it's a clear shortcoming of the system.

I'm somewhat hopeful its the third option, because if its one of the first two, you'd expect that to have occurred prior to Sunday 15th Nov, meaning todays confirmation is a long incubation period and there is a greater chance someone from the general public will test positive in the near future, restarting the entire over-reaction.

From my understanding with this strain, it takes less than 24 hours to become infectious after being exposed to it, and then you are infectious for about 3 days. However you can test positive well after this time even if not infectious.

So my guess is it happened before Nov 15 ... these 2 arrived in Adelaide on Nov 11 and tested negative either on the 11th or 12th after arriving. The cleaner and security guards would have been working there up until around the 13th/14th before going into quarantine, so there's a 2-3 day window where they may have come into contact.

(I'm assuming that the initial traveller that arrived on Nov 2 didn't pass it to these 2 new cases directly because the 3-day cycle would have long passed by the time these 2 arrived. And if it happened after Nov 15, it means there's someone else that has passed it on which they haven't found yet - eg. another contact of the cleaner/security guards that has not been put in quarantine.)

Either way, there's 2 failures in the medi-hotel within a week or so - the initial infection to the cleaner/security guards, and then the cleaner/security guards passing it on to these 2 arrivals.

If we get out of this without another lockdown and back to "normal" from December 1, we've dodged a massive bullet - as have Marshall, Stevens and Spurrier.
That's a far too balanced post for this site, have you been drinking? Hahaha

Seriously some really good points raised and I would tend to agree with you.
stan
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:57 am

If the above is correct, YTF would you only test staff once per week?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Brodlach » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:41 am

Zero new cases in SA today
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Trader » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:43 am

Have they gone early with today's briefing to try and slip it through before people are ready?????
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:54 am

Trader wrote:Have they gone early with today's briefing to try and slip it through before people are ready?????

Or maybe they went early so they don't need to hear from all the sooks saying they left it too late. Wouldn't matter when they did it hey. People will still whinge just for the sake of it.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby stan » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:58 am

I think not alot happening today in regards to Covid.

Whilst I'm all for reporters asking questions and keeping the famous 3 honest, I just sat Mike Smithson is a fair tool. Between him and Andrew Hough asking questions which have already been covered I'm starting to see why the Police Commissioner is getting over it.
stan
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:15 am

stan wrote:I think not alot happening today in regards to Covid.

Whilst I'm all for reporters asking questions and keeping the famous 3 honest, I just sat Mike Smithson is a fair tool. Between him and Andrew Hough asking questions which have already been covered I'm starting to see why the Police Commissioner is getting over it.

Smithson said in radio last Wednesday that everyone in the line at Victoria Park clinic had gone to go shopping. I work up the road and it was extremely quiet there the whole day. He just says things to sensationalize the trivial
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Trader » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:49 am

So what did we learn from today’s press briefing:

There is no evidence of surface transfer as the initial outbreak. SA Health unable to explain where that theory came from. Now both the pizza box and the hotel doorknob theories have been eliminated. – I get the need to act quickly and act strongly, but jumping off cliffs with no justification

There is no evidence of anyone in the wrong place at the wrong time (ie: Pizza guy wasn’t going room to room). There was also no deliberate breach. With that said, it remains unclear what systems broke down to create the outbreak.

What they can tell us is the cleaner was not the first to catch it, it was the security guard.

Potentially a third block of 14-day quarantine for some guests at Peppers.

The two returned travellers who are positive and now have been linked to the Parafield Cluster are considering claiming against the state given SA Health failed to protect their health.

Moving forward, once a hotel guest tests positive, they will be relocated to a dedicated facility for all the positive patients can hang together.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Gozu » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:00 am

A good decision setting up a hospital for them all rather than put them in hotels.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Been liked: 659 times

Postby Hopeful Jelly » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:07 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:If the above is correct, YTF would you only test staff once per week?

Exactly - the source of the virus in Australia is from returning travellers, so you throw all the resources you can to stop it there.

If the AFL can pay for players and support staff to be tested twice a week, surely testing the medi-hotel staff twice a week is a small price to pay to prevent it going any further.
Hopeful Jelly
Under 16s

Been liked: 11 times

Postby whufc » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:11 am

Whilst we can nit pick at the government I think they have handled this pretty reasonable. It's clear when this cluster broke they were dealing with a combination of failed systems, mistruths from people involved and a lot of unknown information.

Fearful of a second wave and the potential lock down over Christmas they took the most drastic action which ultimately, rightly or wrong, justified or unjustified protected us and stopped a second wave whether it was coming or not.

They have admitted some flaws in the system and are looking to rectify which should only see the state become safer and take us another step closer to getting back to normality.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Spargo » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:16 am

whufc wrote:Whilst we can nit pick at the government I think they have handled this pretty reasonable. It's clear when this cluster broke they were dealing with a combination of failed systems, mistruths from people involved and a lot of unknown information.

Fearful of a second wave and the potential lock down over Christmas they took the most drastic action which ultimately, rightly or wrong, justified or unjustified protected us and stopped a second wave whether it was coming or not.

They have admitted some flaws in the system and are looking to rectify which should only see the state become safer and take us another step closer to getting back to normality.

After 407 pages, this post is the most mature & sensible I’ve read on this thread.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5459 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:46 am

whufc wrote:Whilst we can nit pick at the government I think they have handled this pretty reasonable. It's clear when this cluster broke they were dealing with a combination of failed systems, mistruths from people involved and a lot of unknown information.

Excellent post.

We need to be mindful in all of this there has never been anything like this confronted before, there's no play book, manual, how-to-deal-with-COVID-19 guide, they're doing their best and it has, by any standard, been as good as anyone in the world has done in managing this.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:49 am

Spargo wrote:

After 407 pages, this post is the most mature & sensible I’ve read on this thread.

Well there's whuffer f*****d for another 4 years.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Corona Man » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:54 am

Spargo wrote:

Wow - 407 pages of garbage on a forum - :shock:
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion