SANFL 2021 SEASON

All discussions to do with the SANFL

SANFL 2021 SEASON

Postby Big Phil » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:45 pm

Update on the SANFL Statewide Super League, Women’s League and AFL Club list rules for Season 2021

SANFL has advised SANFL Clubs and the Adelaide and Port Adelaide Football Clubs that the South Australian Football Commission ratified the following recommendations presented at its meeting earlier today:

SANFL Statewide Super League (men’s)

• 2021 season will be scheduled to commence on the Easter Weekend (Thursday, April 1 – Sunday, April 4)
• The season will consist of 18 home and away matches and three bye rounds
• The Finals Series will revert to a top 5 played over four weeks
• The match program will be released in late January/early February and will be dependent on the AFL fixture release.

SANFL Statewide Super Women’s League

• Season to commence on the weekend of February 27
• The season length will be increased to 11 minor round matches (from 10 in 2020)
• Matches to be played on the Easter Weekend
• Full match program to be released in January

Adelaide and Port Adelaide list rules and match conditions
The following recommendations were ratified by the Commission with regards to the participation of Adelaide and Port Adelaide in the Statewide Super League in 2021:
• Any player who has been on an AFL list in the past two seasons will be ineligible to be on Adelaide or Port Adelaide's SANFL supplementary list
• Adelaide and Port Adelaide player match payments will be reduced in line with salary cap reductions applicable to SANFL Clubs. These include:
- A reduction of the two AFL clubs’ total supplementary base payments from $10,000 a season to $5,000, inclusive of a reduction from $2,000 to $1,000 in maximum individual base payments.
- Each player only to be paid a maximum match payment of $250, down from $450 in 2019.
- Reductions for Adelaide and Port Adelaide's nominated Marquee Player, with a new $15,000 base payment and $300 match payment a decrease on the $20,000 and $500 permitted in 2019.
• Finals eligibility – AFL-listed players now will be required to play a higher percentage of minor round matches in the SANFL than AFL, as well as playing a minimum of three games after the halfway point of the minor round.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

Postby Jim05 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:38 pm

Sucks that they are back but at least a few good rule changes that should hurt their finals chances. Still not far enough but better than nothing
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby gazzamagoo » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:16 pm

Jim05 wrote:Sucks that they are back but at least a few good rule changes that should hurt their finals chances. Still not far enough but better than nothing

but they shouldn't be concerned with playing finals, aren't they just in the SANFL so that the playing group can train together?
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Reddeer » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:45 pm

SANFL too weak (as usual) to make port play as what they are AFL Port Power and in those colours and play all their games away just like the crows have to. Port don't pay for the privilege of using us as practice so they should be forced to comply and to use the feeble excuse that they are a sanfl club, well that went when they decided they were so much better then everyone else they had to join the AFL. They don't deserve to have it both ways but typically due to WEAKNEES of the so called commission they do
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Brett » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:35 pm

They bring in nothing crowd wise. But do bring TV exposure.

I keep saying they need quality media people. It sounds absolute garbish on DP for starters. Tell me they dont pay these blokes ?
Get professional . I wait the whole " be thankful what you get" comments.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby southee » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:46 pm

Brett wrote:They bring in nothing crowd wise. But do bring TV exposure.

I keep saying they need quality media people. It sounds absolute garbish on DP for starters. Tell me they dont pay these blokes ?

Don't stress....Power reserves and Crows reserves will get plenty of exposure on Channel 7 all year.

Digital Pass wont be necessary for those 2 sides :roll:
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby goddy11 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:29 am

southee wrote:

Don't stress....Power reserves and Crows reserves will get plenty of exposure on Channel 7 all year.

That's the problem. They get the exposure not the SANFL clubs.
btw Does the SANFL still pay for the television or does 7 pay for the rights.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:18 am

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby am Bays » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:36 am

Booney wrote:Image

Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby southee » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:43 am

goddy11 wrote:
southee wrote:

That’s my point - it’s ridiculous
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby Dogs64 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:16 am

southee wrote:
goddy11 wrote:
southee wrote:

That’s my point - it’s ridiculous

Agreed it's a complete "red herring" what does the Channel 7 coverage bring to the SANFL. It's not as though they pay for the rights to broadcast. Good for Crows and Port supporters to stay home and watch their reserves side before an AFL game.
Can't believe the SANFL are now discussing the crows payment. As someone mentioned their salary cap has dropped by 3%. Why would the SANFL reduce the fee? It always seems like those in Power at the SANFL act in the best interest of their career progression by folding to the AFL and AFL teams. Kelly, Davies and Olssen to name a few. What a significant conflict with Olssen now at the Crows. Sick to death of the pi$$ weak SANFL.
Now they're also going to voice their concerns re 4 mid year potential poaching of players via "drafts", but will fold regardless.
Wish my team voted Yes, so I could "wash my "hands to this corrupt competition.
Dogs64
Under 16s

Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 177 times

Postby Reddeer » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:03 pm

Can't believe the SANFL are now discussing the crows payment. As someone mentioned their salary cap has dropped by 3%. Why would the SANFL reduce the fee? It always seems like those in Power at the SANFL act in the best interest of their career progression by folding to the AFL and AFL teams. Kelly, Davies and Olssen to name a few. What a significant conflict with Olssen now at the Crows. Sick to death of the pi$$ weak SANFL.
Now they're also going to voice their concerns re 4 mid year potential poaching of players via "drafts", but will fold regardless.
Wish my team voted Yes, so I could "wash my "hands to this corrupt competition.

Exactly the way i feel about these weaklings
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:08 pm

Big Phil wrote:Update on the SANFL Statewide Super League, Women’s League and AFL Club list rules for Season 2021

SANFL has advised SANFL Clubs and the Adelaide and Port Adelaide Football Clubs that the South Australian Football Commission ratified the following recommendations presented at its meeting earlier today:

SANFL Statewide Super League (men’s)

• 2021 season will be scheduled to commence on the Easter Weekend (Thursday, April 1 – Sunday, April 4)
• The season will consist of 18 home and away matches and three bye rounds
• The Finals Series will revert to a top 5 played over four weeks
• The match program will be released in late January/early February and will be dependent on the AFL fixture release.

SANFL Statewide Super Women’s League

• Season to commence on the weekend of February 27
• The season length will be increased to 11 minor round matches (from 10 in 2020)
• Matches to be played on the Easter Weekend
• Full match program to be released in January

Adelaide and Port Adelaide list rules and match conditions
The following recommendations were ratified by the Commission with regards to the participation of Adelaide and Port Adelaide in the Statewide Super League in 2021:
• Any player who has been on an AFL list in the past two seasons will be ineligible to be on Adelaide or Port Adelaide's SANFL supplementary list
• Adelaide and Port Adelaide player match payments will be reduced in line with salary cap reductions applicable to SANFL Clubs. These include:
- A reduction of the two AFL clubs’ total supplementary base payments from $10,000 a season to $5,000, inclusive of a reduction from $2,000 to $1,000 in maximum individual base payments.
- Each player only to be paid a maximum match payment of $250, down from $450 in 2019.
- Reductions for Adelaide and Port Adelaide's nominated Marquee Player, with a new $15,000 base payment and $300 match payment a decrease on the $20,000 and $500 permitted in 2019.
• Finals eligibility – AFL-listed players now will be required to play a higher percentage of minor round matches in the SANFL than AFL, as well as playing a minimum of three games after the halfway point of the minor round.

This is going to severely affect the thousands of Crows fans that come to SANFL games
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Brett » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:44 pm

Who needs who more ? TV Ratings were very good last year without the franchises.

Apart from TV exposure of the competition , who needs who more ?
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby goddy11 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:01 pm

Brett wrote:Who needs who more ? TV Ratings were very good last year without the franchises.

Apart from TV exposure of the competition , who needs who more ?

Good post Brett. It would cost both of them hundreds of thousand to move to an AFL comp. They want all the rules to favour them at virtually no cost. Last season was great for the SANFL. C7 would never put in on unless they came out on top. Davies talking to Rowey/Bicks said the rules must allow them an opportunity to win the comp. That means they want uneven concessions. He couldn't guarantee if similar situation to this year they would pull out of comp part way in.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Aerie » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:04 pm

The Crows should pay the full fee. And if they didn’t pay anything for 2020 - they should cough up the full fee for this year too.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby Big Phil » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:31 pm

Who would you recommend, then?

Get professional, you say? Professionals are doing the AFL and if you don't want them paid, they're not going to do it for nothing.

Constantly barking up the same tree with your Digital Pass criticism :roll:
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby topshelf » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:59 pm

A little soft the changes to the afl reserves sides, that marquee player should be $10k and $250 max.

Crows must pay to play in our league or maybe they can split the payment with the power.

Can't allow all these mid season options to pick up players out of our league to go ahead, it was already a big enough joke with the mid season draft. Do we have any leadership that will stand up for our league, it's sad that the AFL really doesn't give a stuff about the state leagues.
topshelf
Rookie

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby RB » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:12 pm

topshelf wrote:Do we have any leadership that will stand up for our league,

As I said on this forum in 2013, the SANFL and a majority of club leaders are yes men. It's the yes man mentality that got the cancers in and it'll be the yes man mentality that will unfortunately continue to kowtow to the AFL, to the SANFL's detriment.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Reddeer » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:15 pm

RB wrote:
topshelf wrote:Do we have any leadership that will stand up for our league,

As I said on this forum in 2013, the SANFL and a majority of club leaders are yes men. It's the yes man mentality that got the cancers in and it'll be the yes man mentality that will unfortunately continue to kowtow to the AFL, to the SANFL's detriment.

Nothing will change until the sanfl is governed by those who have the sanfl as their priority and not feathering their own nests by granting the afl their every wish. the whole system is on the nose
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL