Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby whufc » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:06 am

Reports the Woodville high case is a close contact of the Woodville pizza cluster.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Bandit » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:06 am

They really should rename the cluster shouldnt they, parafield getting a bad wrap!

#WoodvilleCluster :lol:
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 105 times

Postby whufc » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:08 am

Trader wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:What time is today’s update?

Romper Room on at 11.30

Pushed back to 1:30pm.
Last time they pushed a press conference back everyone started lining up at the shops....

Normally means they have to brief other departments of pending changes.

I’m guessing the December 1 deadline is going to be pushed out 14 days from when the Woodville High girl started isolating.
whufc
Coach

Postby RB » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:09 am

Dinglinga75 wrote:A Woodville West resident contacted The Messenger and after witnessing what they believed to be a training session held by White City Soccer Club at Frank Mitchell Reserve.

White City are Serbs. What's the bet the resident is of a Croatian background.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 766 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby Pag » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:09 am

whufc wrote:Reports the Woodville high case is a close contact of the Woodville pizza cluster.

If this is the case, that parent deserves a very hefty fine for telling the rest of SA to get ******.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:14 am

I'll be genuinely pissed if the restrictions date is pushed back.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:15 am

The Bedge wrote:I'll be genuinely pissed if the restrictions date is pushed back.
As will most of the State!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Pseudo » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:18 am

Dinglinga75 wrote:From Adelaide Now:

Football South Australia will investigate whether a western suburbs soccer team breached COVID-19 restrictions by holding a training session on Tuesday afternoon, which the club says was simply a “boot camp”.

A Woodville West resident contacted The Messenger and after witnessing what they believed to be a training session held by White City Soccer Club at Frank Mitchell Reserve.

Woodville Pizza bar.
Woodville High.
A Woodville West reserve.

Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:19 am

The Bedge wrote:I'll be genuinely pissed if the restrictions date is pushed back.

We'll be back in lockdown drekkly.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby The Bedge » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:20 am

This probably sounds weird, but sometimes when SA Health announces these restrictions or "circuit breakers" or whatever.. it reminds me of my mum when I was a kid.

"Righto you ****** up, off to your room - no tv, no friends, no games!"
"You can come out now.. have you learned your lesson? No?! Right back to you room!"
"You bloody kids are gonna learn to listen and do as you're told - I don't care if you've got to stay in your room for a week!"
Last edited by The Bedge on Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby am Bays » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:22 am

It might be an opportunity to do the lockdown by postcode: All post codes between 5007 and 5023 are in lockdown for 14 days (the entire North West suburbs) ;)

Pseudo wrote:
Woodville Pizza bar.
Woodville High.
A Woodville West reserve.

Last edited by am Bays on Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Jim05 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:22 am

The Bedge wrote:This sound weird, but sometimes when SA Health announces these restrictions or "circuit breakers" or whatever.. it reminds me of my mum when I was a kid.

"Righto you ****** up, off to your room - no tv, no friends, no games!"
"You can come out now.. have you learned your lesson? No?! Right back to you room!"
"You bloody kids are gonna learn to listen and do as you're told - I don't care if you've got to stay in your room for a week!"
Except the last restrictions were “Go to your room but don’t forget your iPad and PlayStation
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Trader » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:23 am

Yup, and any push for community sport to be allowed to occur moving forward will be met with resistance from the commissioner after White City Soccer Club's efforts on Tuesday evening!!!
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:29 am

Bloody hard running a cricket club - can't hold or organise events, fundraisers etc... cancelling junior programs and having no real certainty on when they'll return, and delaying/cancelling upcoming events.

Christmas coming up soon, so that'll be another break as well - it's hard to get people motivated and back involved after long breaks.

Footy season was a little different, always felt like the second half of the year was going to go ahead, and the first half was cancelled in a block so you knew nothing was going to happen before July.

Our first season as a cricket club pushing for juniors - in February our 4 week "pop-up" blast program was cancelled a week in - CA didn't give refunds.. Now we were 4 weeks into an 8 week Jnr Blasters program that has been put on hold - a lot of returning kids from the "pop-up" program. Wonder if some of these parents might just end up thinking stuff it, not worth the stuff around.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Trader » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:40 am

Yup its a bloody nightmare.
I get that life can't be unrestricted while the disease is floating around but at the same time I hate the way community sport is seen as a soft target that gets cancelled every chance they get.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby JK » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:46 am

Trader wrote:Yup its a bloody nightmare.
I get that life can't be unrestricted while the disease is floating around but at the same time I hate the way community sport is seen as a soft target that gets cancelled every chance they get.

The virus will never be eradicated so would be nice to know what longer term plans governments have in place, even if they include subject to change disclaimers. Safety measures aside will community sport ever back to near what it had been?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:47 am

Trader wrote:Yup its a bloody nightmare.

Whilst I'm no longer involved it's easy for me to look on from the outside, but, I can appreciate why they see grass roots sport as a potential hot spot.

Lots of people in a relaxed, typically physical environment ( think a coach teaching a kid to hold bat, racquet or ball ) where people of all ages congregate after traveling, often long distances, to play. It's a quick fire way to stop thousands of people moving around.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:03 am

Booney wrote:Whilst I'm no longer involved it's easy for me to look on from the outside, but, I can appreciate why they see grass roots sport as a potential hot spot.

Lots of people in a relaxed, typically physical environment ( think a coach teaching a kid to hold bat, racquet or ball ) where people of all ages congregate after traveling, often long distances, to play. It's a quick fire way to stop thousands of people moving around.

Yes, I am in agreeance - I thought the same thing when we first had the restrictions imposed.. however the more I think about it, the less I agree - cricket in particular.

As clubs we have to ensure we have a million (exaggerating) things in place just to train and play - Covid Marshalls, contact tracing forms/logins, santiser everywhere, social distancing for supporters, sanitising equipment for juniors between use etc.

Then you think about cricket as a sport - generally it's the same group of people who play each week, without much supporter base compared to footy, all team lists are easily available as well as the contact tracing forms each club has.. if there was a case you'd think it would be easier to track people.

Cricket Australia themselves introduced measures - no hat for the umpire, no shaking hands, social distance, no sweat/spit on the ball.

I would think the chances of someone contracting at cricket would be less likely but also if it was, it would be easier to get sorted under control than a high school kid attending school.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:12 am

Many good points that I agree with.

I forgot to add in most people would pick someone up on the way to play, perhaps two so shared rides, probably stop to grab a pie/drink, so a shop/servo visit.

I'm fully appreciative of your stance, it's completely inconsistent as I can pick 3 mates up and go sit in a pokie room together but you can't pick 3 mates up and go play out on an oval.

Again, there's no play book, they're doing what they can and not everyone will be happy / agree.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby whufc » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:17 am

Reckon I might send White City FC a nice little Facebook message ****!!!

I’ll be spewing if I can’t play cricket 200kms away because **** can’t just do the right thing for two weeks.

******* fuming
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion