Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Booney » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:17 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote:Keep in mind she's a doctor, not a politician, this (pressers) isn't her core business.

Woooo Booney's got the hots for Spurrier!

Everyone deserves reward for effort mate.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7450 times
Been liked: 10717 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:17 pm

Jim05 wrote:Lots of reasons.
Australia capped at around 7,000 returnees per week currently but with Melbourne and now Adelaide closed to international arrivals there is less than that coming in. Cost and availability of flights is preventing some and others may have been on work visas that have now expired.

That's now.

Personally, if back in Feb/March/April I heard the Prime Minister say "All Australians current abroad, come home now, we are closing our borders" I would've packed up and come home.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3976 times

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:19 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote:Keep in mind she's a doctor, not a politician, this (pressers) isn't her core business.

I wouldn't kick her out of bed for farting.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby The Bedge » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:20 pm

Booney wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Caaarn today was terrible.

Most times she fronts up she's confident, and rattles off numbers and reasons for things - seems to have most answers I've found.. today was a waste of time.

Edit.. or she's hiding something and doesn't want to give out certain info.
Last edited by The Bedge on Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:20 pm

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:I'm still trying to work out how after 10 months there are still people requiring repatriation.
Lots of reasons.
Australia capped at around 7,000 returnees per week currently but with Melbourne and now Adelaide closed to international arrivals there is less than that coming in. Cost and availability of flights is preventing some and others may have been on work visas that have now expired.

I have absolutely no sympathy for any Australia over seas who didn't listen to this :

Tuesday 17 March 2020

"Consider whether you have access to health care and support systems if you get sick while overseas. If you decide to return to Australia, do so as soon as possible."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-17/ ... s/12065050
Yeah I agree to some point but I know the airlines aren’t helping. We know of one lady through work that has been bumped 4 times off flights home. Twice the airlines cancelled on her (back in April) and twice she was bumped for a business class fare when she got to the airport (both Qatar) she then returned to the end of the waiting list and finally got back in late June
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3533 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Trader » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:24 pm

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:I'm still trying to work out how after 10 months there are still people requiring repatriation.
Lots of reasons.

I have absolutely no sympathy for any Australia over seas who didn't listen to this :

Tuesday 17 March 2020

"Consider whether you have access to health care and support systems if you get sick while overseas. If you decide to return to Australia, do so as soon as possible."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-17/ ... s/12065050

Exactly. Anyone still overseas isn't my priority. They had plenty of warning to get home.

As for those that have left Australia after early April and now want to come home, I have even less sympathy for!
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 793 times

Postby Trader » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:28 pm

I don't need her to be eloquent or even polished when she answers questions, but to deliberately avoid answering questions and or flat out lie is not on.

Reporter: "Irrespective of if she knew or not, based on the fact she got a pizza during the period of time listed on SA Health's website, should the school girl have been in quarantine"

This is a clear yes. Instead Spurrier tells us how wonderful she is for getting tested a week and a half after every man and his dog knew there were issues at the Woodville Pizza Bar!!!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Gozu » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:28 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Caaarn today was terrible.

Most times she fronts up she's confident, and rattles off numbers and reasons for things - seems to have most answers I've found.. today was a waste of time.

Edit.. or she's hiding something and doesn't want to give out certain info.

Maybe because as a state Chief Medical Officer holding press conferences every single day, whist getting grilled by a pack of hyenas looking for gotchas and having an entire state ripping into her on social media on a daily basis isn't normally something a CMO has to deal with.

I'm surprised she's held it together as long as she has to be honest she must be close to snapping.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:30 pm

Gozu wrote:Maybe because as a state Chief Medical Officer holding press conferences every single day, whist getting grilled by a pack of hyenas looking for gotchas and having an entire state ripping into her on social media on a daily basis isn't normally something a CMO has to deal with.

I'm surprised she's held it together as long as she has to be honest she must be close to snapping.

Maybe they shouldn't hold press conferences every single day then.

A CMO normally doesn't have the level of power/influence she currently does at the moment either.

With great power comes great responsibility :P
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Gozu » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:31 pm

Trader wrote:I don't need her to be eloquent or even polished when she answers questions, but to deliberately avoid answering questions and or flat out lie is not on.

Reporter: "Irrespective of if she knew or not, based on the fact she got a pizza during the period of time listed on SA Health's website, should the school girl have been in quarantine"

This is a clear yes. Instead Spurrier tells us how wonderful she is for getting tested a week and a half after every man and his dog knew there were issues at the Woodville Pizza Bar!!!

Come on look at the big picture. She's protecting the girl because she's seen what's happened to the Spaniard everyone and their dog ripping into him and if something similar happened to the 16 year old girl she might have a breakdown or worse.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:32 pm

Anyway, I downloaded the mySA Gov app.

It's shit.

On the upside got a digital version of my license, so now I don't need to carry that around!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Gozu » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:32 pm

The Bedge wrote:Maybe they shouldn't hold press conferences every single day then.

A CMO normally doesn't have the level of power/influence she currently does at the moment either.

With great power comes great responsibility :P

Don't have a press conference every day so then the hyenas can set the agenda and fill the dead air, they're not that stupid.
Gozu
Coach

Postby Trader » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:34 pm

The Bedge wrote:Edit.. or she's (Spurrier) hiding something and doesn't want to give out certain info.

This is my suspicion.

I suspect the School Girl didn't order pizza at all. (Lets be honest, you don't get covid from picking up a pizza box - hence why we aren't back in lockdown given this is supposedly surface transfer again).
I suspect the girl has collected drugs from the spaniard, either at the pizza bar or potentially elsewhere. I hope its the latter.

I could forgive the girl if it was the latter and she didn't realise her dealer was the same person as the famous Pizza Bar Guy and thats why she wasn't isolating.
Once positive, and speaking with SA Health, they have shown her a photo of him and she's acknowledged thats her dealer and thats why SA Health have now linked it to "the pizza bar".

If she had ordered pizza, they would have contacted her days ago to isolate, as there would have been phone logs of her call to order pizza, and possibly also payment tracing via credit cards (noting some people still use cash these days).
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Trader » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:37 pm

Gozu wrote:
Trader wrote:I don't need her to be eloquent or even polished when she answers questions, but to deliberately avoid answering questions and or flat out lie is not on.

Come on look at the big picture. She's protecting the girl because she's seen what's happened to the Spaniard everyone and their dog ripping into him and if something similar happened to the 16 year old girl she might have a breakdown or worse.

Nothing wrong with protecting her but you can do it without trying to sell to the state that a 16 year old might not be on social media!
Lets be honest, every question that was asked today could have been reasonable expected. The press conference was delayed a few hours, use that time to make sure your story is at least somewhat logical.

By telling us lies or avoiding the question for mine that just leads to further speculation, rumour and innuendo that is far worse than the truth could even be.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:41 pm

Gozu wrote:Don't have a press conference every day so then the hyenas can set the agenda and fill the dead air, they're not that stupid.

Point taken.

Would anyone actually care if it wasn't a press conference, and just a media release/update? Come out, talk about stuff and leave it as that.. don't have questions being asked.

I must say I cringe when I hear "reporters" reference Facebook or whatever.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Gozu » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:45 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Gozu wrote:Don't have a press conference every day so then the hyenas can set the agenda and fill the dead air, they're not that stupid.

Point taken.

Would anyone actually care if it wasn't a press conference, and just a media release/update? Come out, talk about stuff and leave it as that.. don't have questions being asked.

I must say I cringe when I hear "reporters" reference Facebook or whatever.

The public wouldn't care no but it's not for the public it's for the media pack. Look at Dan Andrews in Victoria aside from the big quarantine bungle afterwards he handled the situation as well as you could fronted up to the hyenas every day took their barbs never got worked up and eventually when they realised they weren't going to get their pound of flesh out of him they backed off. The SA govt saw how well the Vic govt handled the situation politically and are following suit.
Gozu
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:47 pm

Trader wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Edit.. or she's (Spurrier) hiding something and doesn't want to give out certain info.

This is my suspicion.

I suspect the School Girl didn't order pizza at all. (Lets be honest, you don't get covid from picking up a pizza box - hence why we aren't back in lockdown given this is supposedly surface transfer again).
I suspect the girl has collected drugs from the spaniard, either at the pizza bar or potentially elsewhere. I hope its the latter.

I could forgive the girl if it was the latter and she didn't realise her dealer was the same person as the famous Pizza Bar Guy and thats why she wasn't isolating.
Once positive, and speaking with SA Health, they have shown her a photo of him and she's acknowledged thats her dealer and thats why SA Health have now linked it to "the pizza bar".

If she had ordered pizza, they would have contacted her days ago to isolate, as there would have been phone logs of her call to order pizza, and possibly also payment tracing via credit cards (noting some people still use cash these days).

You're wasting your talent.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4336 times
Been liked: 7884 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:48 pm

The other issue is, talking to someone who is on the daily national hook up to monitor the response like Spurrier is, they are cognoscente of not saying too much about specific cases as they don't want to create the culture where people who return a positive result are demonised and the're are less forthcoming on information where they may have been to authorities..

This then makes contract tracing more difficult and potential future lockdowns are broader and longer than what they need to be.

One only has to look at last Fridays response on social media (myself included) when the news on Woodville Pizza place broke.

The carefully chosen words since then on the Spaniard and the Woodville School Girl (why did Ricky Nixon pop into my head as I typed that) are not accidental.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 1802 times

Postby Q. » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:49 pm

Gozu wrote:

Because Marshall and Spurrier publicly used him as a scapegoat.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Gozu » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:50 pm

am Bays wrote:The other issue is, talking to someone who is on the daily national hook up to monitor the response like Spurrier is, they are cognoscente of not saying too much about specific cases as they don't want to create the culture where people who return a positive result are demonised and the're are less forthcoming on information where they may have been to authorities..

This then makes contract tracing more difficult and potential future lockdowns are broader and longer than what they need to be.

One only has to look at last Fridays response on social media (myself included) when the news on Woodville Pizza place broke.

The carefully chosen words since then on the Spaniard and the Woodville School Girl (why did Ricky Nixon pop into my head as I typed that) are not accidental.

Agreed 100% that's likely the main line of thinking and secondly the girl's well being overall.
Gozu
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion