2021 Player movements

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2021 Player movements

Postby Jim05 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:36 pm

MJP1993 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:They are trying to get a change to conditions to get Tim Broomhead and Sam Gray in too

Reports I’ve seen Chris Davies is saying they want the magpies to win the flag and the SANFL is putting to many restrictions on them and may go to another league if the restrictions aren’t changed . Surely Port can’t go to that extended VFL on the east coast cost them to much money
Laters

Hope the SANFL calls their bluff.
The two AFL sides must never be allowed to win the flag, if they don’t like it hit the road
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Aerie » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:12 pm

Let them leave! See how their “Magpies” tradition bullshit goes in the VEAFL!
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

2021 Player movements

Postby Jim05 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:21 pm

Aerie wrote:Let them leave! See how their “Magpies” tradition bullshit goes in the VEAFL!
Seeing as though Collingwood are one of teams in it I’d dare say the Magpies name and PB’s would have to disappear ;)
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Brett » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:27 pm

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-20 ... 0r-BYF-J8Y

Not sure if it posted but you make your own minds up.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby RB » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:41 pm

Jim05 wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:They are trying to get a change to conditions to get Tim Broomhead and Sam Gray in too

Reports I’ve seen Chris Davies is saying they want the magpies to win the flag and the SANFL is putting to many restrictions on them and may go to another league if the restrictions aren’t changed . Surely Port can’t go to that extended VFL on the east coast cost them to much money
Laters

The two AFL sides must never be allowed to win the flag, if they don’t like it hit the road

It's quite stunning.

They've got a $13m salary cap, 76 coaches and train full time.

And they want to play with fewer restrictions.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Pseudo » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:46 pm

RB wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:

Laters

It's quite stunning.

They've got a $13m salary cap, 76 coaches and train full time.

And they want to play with fewer restrictions.

The really stunning thing is the phuckwits at the SANFL might actually say yes to them ...

... and that thousands of dinkum SANFL fans will continue to go and watch their games.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Hopeful Jelly » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:36 am

This is from the PAFC website - Davies unhappy that they aren't allowed to have a supplementary list that is equivalent to other SANFL teams AND have up to 22 full-time AFL listed players to choose from every week:

Among the other changes are that any player who has been on an AFL list in the last two seasons will be ineligible to be on the club’s SANFL supplementary list unless they become the leadership player.

Tyson Goldsack was to be the leadership player in 2020 but the lack of participation in the competition meant he never represented the club and only carried out his other role as a development coach with the AFL side.

Davies explained that the rule would preclude Cam Sutcliffe and Port Adelaide junior Tim Broomhead – who has left Collingwood - from being part of the supplementary list after his AFL delisting unless they replaced Goldsack as the leadership player.

The club’s leadership player will be considered in the coming weeks along with the make-up of the rest of the supplementary list.

“We were already in a situation where our list, AFL mandated, is going to be reduced by two,” Davies said.

“By extension that means we are going to need two more players to play at SANFL level each week.

“Again, it’s one of the levers the SANFL can pull in regards to our competitiveness at that level.

“The reality of the rules as they currently sit is that it’s hard for both Adelaide and Port Adelaide to get players who aren’t effectively off other clubs’ SANFL lists so another SANFL club or that player will have had to have spent time away from a SANFL club or be deemed not to be good enough to be on a SANFL club’s list for them to be part of ours.”
Hopeful Jelly
Under 16s

Been liked: 11 times

Postby Mr Fuller » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:28 am

Hopeful Jelly wrote:This is from the PAFC website - Davies unhappy that they aren't allowed to have a supplementary list that is equivalent to other SANFL teams AND have up to 22 full-time AFL listed players to choose from every week:

Among the other changes are that any player who has been on an AFL list in the last two seasons will be ineligible to be on the club’s SANFL supplementary list unless they become the leadership player.

Tyson Goldsack was to be the leadership player in 2020 but the lack of participation in the competition meant he never represented the club and only carried out his other role as a development coach with the AFL side.

Davies explained that the rule would preclude Cam Sutcliffe and Port Adelaide junior Tim Broomhead – who has left Collingwood - from being part of the supplementary list after his AFL delisting unless they replaced Goldsack as the leadership player.

The club’s leadership player will be considered in the coming weeks along with the make-up of the rest of the supplementary list.

“We were already in a situation where our list, AFL mandated, is going to be reduced by two,” Davies said.

“By extension that means we are going to need two more players to play at SANFL level each week.

“Again, it’s one of the levers the SANFL can pull in regards to our competitiveness at that level.

“The reality of the rules as they currently sit is that it’s hard for both Adelaide and Port Adelaide to get players who aren’t effectively off other clubs’ SANFL lists so another SANFL club or that player will have had to have spent time away from a SANFL club or be deemed not to be good enough to be on a SANFL club’s list for them to be part of ours.”

I thought this might be the case which is why I was surprised by rumours on here that Sutcliffe would be playing with the Power reserves next year as you wouldn't think that he'd be nominated as their leadership player. I could certainly see them giving that role to Broomhead though given he's a former magpie junior, is younger than Sutcliffe and therefore has more potential to still be playing AFL.

So I am assuming there are lots of SANFL clubs talking to Sutcliffe and I hope my club is amongst them :)

Of course this all assumes the SANFL don't cave into the demands of the Power
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby southernbulldog » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:52 am

Apparently the Eagles in discussion with Riley Knight is they pick him up then questions have to be asked how they can afford him with the other players they have picked up might be a lot of players taking pay cuts to fit them in
southernbulldog
Reserves

Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby MJP1993 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:56 am

Brett wrote:https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2020-daniel-menzel-and-troy-menzel-leave-central-district-sign-with-woodville-west-torrens-eagles/news-story/a94dd26316b889669c5c5efa36b99247?fbclid=IwAR1G3QBre10hJEoij7vJSWThJMjW7WQZ3GAPPL-bZQRHbWEAo0r-BYF-J8Y

Any truth things aren’t good at Elizabeth ?
Internal issues hence players leaving ?
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby MJP1993 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:00 am

southernbulldog wrote:Apparently the Eagles in discussion with Riley Knight is they pick him up then questions have to be asked how they can afford him with the other players they have picked up might be a lot of players taking pay cuts to fit them in

I think you may find he’s going to North

Funny you mentioned salaries better check your sources
MJP1993
Under 18s

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:04 am

MJP1993 wrote:
Brett wrote:https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2020-daniel-menzel-and-troy-menzel-leave-central-district-sign-with-woodville-west-torrens-eagles/news-story/a94dd26316b889669c5c5efa36b99247?fbclid=IwAR1G3QBre10hJEoij7vJSWThJMjW7WQZ3GAPPL-bZQRHbWEAo0r-BYF-J8Y

All good here, now
The trouble makers have been weeded out, good luck with them, its all me, me,me
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby DOC » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:06 am

I posted on the salary cap thread:

"Clubs will find a new way to pay players which will probably turn out to be the old way".

You will find a lot of players with jobs at the clubs themselves or with sponsors.

Was not long ago that the new recruit used to pour your beer and the whizz bang junior used to bring you the meal. There is a lot of coaching that will go on at clubs as well.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby MJP1993 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:08 am

daysofourlives wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:

All good here, now

That’s what Centrals fans said about Boyd ....... until he went back to Centrals ....... I see a pattern here
News is the ones you speak of were on more money at Centrals seems you guys may have issues
MJP1993
Under 18s

Postby Dogs64 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:48 am

MJP1993 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:

All good here, now

That’s what Centrals fans said about Boyd ....... until he went back to Centrals ....... I see a pattern here
News is the ones you speak of were on more money at Centrals seems you guys may have issues

That's not what a lot of Centrals fans said. I'd imagine they were on more money at Centrals, the salary cap has just been halved, so I imagine they would have been asked to take less so we don't have half a squad.
Dogs64
Under 16s

Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 177 times

Postby MJP1993 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:14 am

quote="MJP1993"]
daysofourlives wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:

All good here, now
The trouble makers have been weeded out, good luck with althem, its all me, me,me

News is the ones you speak of were on more money at Centrals seems you guys may have issues[/quote]

That's not what a lot of Centrals fans said. I'd imagine they were on more money at Centrals, the salary cap has just been halved, so I imagine they would have been asked to take less so we don't have half a squad.[/quote]

My mail is they are on much less at Oval Ave .
I’m afraid on other sites forums ect besides this one a lot of Centrals fans always went off at Boyd . Until Centrals recruited him back . And believe me sitting on the outer your fans were not favourable to Boyd .
MJP1993
Under 18s

Postby whufc » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:56 am

Let’s not kid ourselves it not all great at Centrals. The Andrews saga, below average performances on field, trouble recruiting big recruits, off field plans that have never gone ahead, lost a major sponsor through no fault of their own, ex juniors not returning.

The club is making moves and trying to rectify it though, we are not the first club to go through a period of this and we won’t be the last. Fortunately though we are going through after an amazing decade, it could be worse we could be South or West whose success has been very limited in a lot longer timeframe.

I think there is still a lot off field changes needed at the club and I think that will happen in time, on field there were some encouraging signs especially in our reserves and juniors.

If we get back up there watch out coz when we do we make it count.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby DOC » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:18 am

Jake Tarca signs on at South.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Brodlach » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:24 am

whufc wrote:Let’s not kid ourselves it not all great at Centrals. The Andrews saga, below average performances on field, trouble recruiting big recruits, off field plans that have never gone ahead, lost a major sponsor through no fault of their own, ex juniors not returning.

The club is making moves and trying to rectify it though, we are not the first club to go through a period of this and we won’t be the last. Fortunately though we are going through after an amazing decade, it could be worse we could be South or West whose success has been very limited in a lot longer timeframe.

I think there is still a lot off field changes needed at the club and I think that will happen in time, on field there were some encouraging signs especially in our reserves and juniors.

If we get back up there watch out coz when we do we make it count.

West won a premiership since Central last have :D
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Groucho » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:43 am

We have a poor record of AFL players not returning to us or leaving after one season if they do.
e.g Giles, Colquhoun, Hannath, Josh Glenn, Justin Westhoff, Matthew Westhoff, Conway, Cotton, Obst, Cook, Hocking, Tongerie, McKinnon, Coulter.

Non AFL related we have had a lot of players over the years leave us to play at North Adelaide.
Ian Kroehn, Scott Stevens, Justin Casserly, Michael Wright, Rick Macgowan, Chad O'Sullivan.
Andrew Hayes and Justin Hardy to West Adelaide.
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL