Pram lady?
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Re: 2021 Player movements

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:50 pm

$100k going missing whilst a certain CEO was there?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby ferret » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:53 am

southernbulldog wrote:Apparently the Eagles in discussion with Riley Knight is they pick him up then questions have to be asked how they can afford him with the other players they have picked up might be a lot of players taking pay cuts to fit them in

This coming from the "Brown paper bag" kings. Give me a break.

Do you think with all this crap flying around about the premier "Eagles" and all their recruits and their salary cap, that the SANFL would not be closely watching and scrutinising their situation. The Eagles would be foolish to do anything underhanded.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 136 times

Postby arcadefire » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:26 pm

ferret wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:Apparently the Eagles in discussion with Riley Knight is they pick him up then questions have to be asked how they can afford him with the other players they have picked up might be a lot of players taking pay cuts to fit them in

Do you think with all this crap flying around about the premier "Eagles" and all their recruits and their salary cap, that the SANFL would not be closely watching and scrutinising their situation. The Eagles would be foolish to do anything underhanded.

From what I've heard the eagles have had to refer players keen on playing in the SANFL to other clubs. Says a lot about how the club is operating and the current coach
arcadefire
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby Spargo » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:48 pm

arcadefire wrote:
ferret wrote:

From what I've heard the eagles have had to refer players keen on playing in the SANFL to other clubs. Says a lot about how the club is operating and the current coach

Make sure you get them to sign up as members before you “refer” them to other clubs...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5459 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Mr Fuller » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:20 pm

arcadefire wrote:
ferret wrote:

Great sign if true. Feels like Sheedy brought a great culture to the club. As a coach he is young enough to relate to a lot of players in their 20s but commands respect due to his accomplishments in the SANFL as a player for Sturt. Definitely don't understate the appeal of a good coach in the calculations of potential recruits looking for an opportunity to impress with a view to getting into the AFL - even if that means playing for our club on less money.

This seems like the only way we would land Knights because there will certainly be bigger offers coming his way.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby Aerie » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:51 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:Great sign if true. Feels like Sheedy brought a great culture to the club. As a coach he is young enough to relate to a lot of players in their 20s but commands respect due to his accomplishments in the SANFL as a player for Sturt. Definitely don't understate the appeal of a good coach in the calculations of potential recruits looking for an opportunity to impress with a view to getting into the AFL - even if that means playing for our club on less money.

This seems like the only way we would land Knights because there will certainly be bigger offers coming his way.

And Luke Powell as CEO as well - with a very similar football background to Sheedy. They’ve both been there and done that in terms of making a move to Adelaide, being elite SANFL footballers and making a livelihood for themselves as well. They both would know exactly what it takes.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby arvoteapig » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:48 pm

Big internal issues at doggie land that the club are trying to hide/bury/stop from coming out.

All starting from the way the club handled the Jeff Andrews saga. If the Menzel boys wanted to go to another club for money they wouldn’t be playing in the sanfl. I think you’ll find there is a lot more to this that the club is not letting on.
arvoteapig
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Dutchy » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:10 pm

Jim05 wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:They are trying to get a change to conditions to get Tim Broomhead and Sam Gray in too

Reports I’ve seen Chris Davies is saying they want the magpies to win the flag and the SANFL is putting to many restrictions on them and may go to another league if the restrictions aren’t changed . Surely Port can’t go to that extended VFL on the east coast cost them to much money
Laters

Hope the SANFL calls their bluff.
The two AFL sides must never be allowed to win the flag, if they don’t like it hit the road

Its not just the threat of them winning a flag, when their squad is injury hit they then sit down the bottom of the SANFL ladder and get belted, thats no good for the comp either.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:13 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:They are trying to get a change to conditions to get Tim Broomhead and Sam Gray in too

Reports I’ve seen Chris Davies is saying they want the magpies to win the flag and the SANFL is putting to many restrictions on them and may go to another league if the restrictions aren’t changed . Surely Port can’t go to that extended VFL on the east coast cost them to much money
Laters

The two AFL sides must never be allowed to win the flag, if they don’t like it hit the road

Its not just the threat of them winning a flag, when their squad is injury hit they then sit down the bottom of the SANFL ladder and get belted, thats no good for the comp either.
Who cares?
Wouldn’t bother me if they both got beat by 20 goals each week.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Maggies2002 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:19 pm

Apparently the Menzels were willing to accept less to play elsewhere. Ended up getting more and a job from WWT. Dogs unwilling or unable to put together a competitive package. Have heard similar re the internals at CDFC a clean out in the office may be in order.

I prefer a strong Dogs and the Dogs/Sturt battles over the journey have been most enjoyable especially when the blue boys win. I think they'll struggle to be competitive in the short term.
Maggies2002

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Dutchy » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:30 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Who cares?

2 sides getting smashed is no good for the comp either, their performance from week to week is essentially linked to their AFL injury list, a lot of luck if you get to play them strong or weak.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Jim05 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:36 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Who cares?

2 sides getting smashed is no good for the comp either, their performance from week to week is essentially linked to their AFL injury list, a lot of luck if you get to play them strong or weak.
2 sides getting smashed every week is good it’s the variation between week to week that isn’t
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Brett » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:08 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:

Laters

Weak or strong they dont bring may supporters to the games . If they are top do seriously think more would go ?
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby Dogs64 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:46 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Who cares?

2 sides getting smashed every week is good it’s the variation between week to week that isn’t

I think it would be brilliant if they both got smashed each week (though it's never happened). But agree that's the integrity issue if you get them when they're weaker or stronger. This is why games against them shouldn't count and they can't play finals.
Dogs64
Under 16s

Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 177 times

Postby Dutchy » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:31 pm

Brett wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Weak or strong they dont bring may supporters to the games . If they are top do seriously think more would go ?

Not sure where I said anything about their crowds?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Brett » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:40 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Brett wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

What is your point then?
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby DOC » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:45 pm

Why are injuries to the 2 AFL clubs worse than the 8 SANFL clubs?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby spell_check » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:39 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Brett wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Because crowds are everything to Brett .
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 178 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL