Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby stan » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:59 am

daysofourlives wrote:The headline on the upcoming news service was testing drops to concerning levels.
Concerning for who exactly? The people trying to run the scare campaign?
I wouldve thought if nobody has a reason to get tested thats a good thing??
Correct weight here.

Testing levels have dropped due to people without symptoms. They still hit 2100 for Sunday which was roughly the same rate before the pizzagate media campaign.

Seems on par with what has been happening previously.

The debacle continues.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:55 am

I've always said Miss Nicola was the problem despite the media making her a saint

https://indaily.com.au/news/2020/12/04/ ... EAD%20MORE
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:50 am

As much as I disagree with the shut-downs due to the rona as my personal opinion is that the government over reaction will most probably end up being worse than the virus it self.
However I am being a sheeple and doing the right things as its easier to just do what your told and move on with life. Have had the covid safe app from the start and downloaded the my gov sa one for checking in etc. Its actually pretty simple.
What makes me laugh though is the people (there are plenty of them) that aren't using the technology for fear of privacy etc but are happy to manually sign in each time. On the weekend, one of the shops in Clare had someone come and take half a dozen completed pages of manual sign ins, most probably to be used for direct marketing. Tell me that's not a bigger breach of privacy.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:53 am

Mythical Creature wrote:As much as I disagree with the shut-downs due to the rona as my personal opinion is that the government over reaction will most probably end up being worse than the virus it self.
However I am being a sheeple and doing the right things as its easier to just do what your told and move on with life. Have had the covid safe app from the start and downloaded the my gov sa one for checking in etc. Its actually pretty simple.
What makes me laugh though is the people (there are plenty of them) that aren't using the technology for fear of privacy etc but are happy to manually sign in each time. On the weekend, one of the shops in Clare had someone come and take half a dozen completed pages of manual sign ins, most probably to be used for direct marketing. Tell me that's not a bigger breach of privacy.

Checking into a restaurant on Saturday night as a patron was leaving. The staff asked if he'd signed in as he was paying his bill, he said he hadn't as he didn't want "them knowing where I've been". I politely advised him his EFTPOS transaction would be enough for "them to know where he'd been".

Stupid is is stupid does.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:04 am

Booney wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:As much as I disagree with the shut-downs due to the rona as my personal opinion is that the government over reaction will most probably end up being worse than the virus it self.

Checking into a restaurant on Saturday night as a patron was leaving. The staff asked if he'd signed in as he was paying his bill, he said he hadn't as he didn't want "them knowing where I've been". I politely advised him his EFTPOS transaction would be enough for "them to know where he'd been".

Stupid is is stupid does.

Exactly. I know someone who won't use Google maps on their phone. But uses it for everything else. I mean everything. Makes no sense.
Just remembered I forgot to sign in to bentleys Saturday night. Walked in with the kids to find someone they know
So they could sit down, then went straight to the front bar. Completely forgot. Lucky I used my card so "they" know.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Trader » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:11 am

Mythical Creature wrote:Just remembered I forgot to sign in to bentleys Saturday night. Walked in with the kids to find someone they know
So they could sit down, then went straight to the front bar. Completely forgot. Lucky I used my card so "they" know.

I think this is going to be an issue moving forward.

When the next outbreak arrives, are the authorities going to blindly rely on this information?
People who didn't check in don't get tracked down?
Or the positive person misses a site he/she went to as they forgot to check in themselves?

And if they are going to say they will still do the old methods and interview them intensively, blast the media with locations of concern, etc, then does the app help?

By the way, like you, despite my concerns that it won't really help, I too am being a sheeple.
Heck, I even chuck on a mask when I go into the shops.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:15 am

Cafe De Villi on Main Nth Rd

You had to show you had signed in.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:17 am

I was akin to medi hotel security guard on the weekend visiting about 10 licensed venues

I used the QR app to for all of them and it worked a treat in every case. Not a problem
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Pag » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:20 am

Trader wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:Just remembered I forgot to sign in to bentleys Saturday night. Walked in with the kids to find someone they know

When the next outbreak arrives, are the authorities going to blindly rely on this information?
Or the positive person misses a site he/she went to as they forgot to check in themselves?

And if they are going to say they will still do the old methods and interview them intensively, blast the media with locations of concern, etc, then does the app help?

By the way, like you, despite my concerns that it won't really help, I too am being a sheeple.

When I was in QLD in October it was a condition of entry. Unless you showed a successful check-in to the bloke/chick at the front door of the pub, you were denied.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Trader » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:21 am

Donut again today.
8 days since a case.
Down to just 2 active cases.

There was a concern that we would get back to 0 active cases before the restrictions were lifted on December 14th, and that's why they have resumed international flights to make sure we don't get that 'egg on our face' moment.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Trader » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:24 am

Pag wrote:When I was in QLD in October it was a condition of entry. Unless you showed a successful check-in to the bloke/chick at the front door of the pub, you were denied.

Yup, that works at the bigger venues where you can have someone check to see if you've checked in.

What about the servo or the corner store, etc.
There are several locations people are visiting without checking in, not cause they want to avoid the system, but just cause they forget.

I'm also somewhat sceptical on how it will work in terms of if I check in at a pub at noon for lunch, then someone positive checks in at 6pm for a quick pint after work.
Do I get locked in quarantine as well?
(Noting the app won't tell them if I was gone by 2pm or stayed all day/evening).
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:25 am

Trader wrote:
Pag wrote:When I was in QLD in October it was a condition of entry. Unless you showed a successful check-in to the bloke/chick at the front door of the pub, you were denied.

Yup, that works at the bigger venues where you can have someone check to see if you've checked in.

There are several locations people are visiting without checking in, not cause they want to avoid the system, but just cause they forget.

I'm also somewhat sceptical on how it will work in terms of if I check in at a pub at noon for lunch, then someone positive checks in at 6pm for a quick pint after work.
(Noting the app won't tell them if I was gone by 2pm or stayed all day/evening).

Initially, yes, like they did with the Woodville High School, then as contact tracing unfolds in the following hours/days they'd narrow down the times they would focus on and you'd be let free.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:26 am

Pag wrote:
Trader wrote:

When I was in QLD in October it was a condition of entry. Unless you showed a successful check-in to the bloke/chick at the front door of the pub, you were denied.

Yep my sister was there last month and said the same thing. Said that if people walked into a cafe or diner or the like and took a seat, staff would be onto them immediately and march them back outside until they been checked in properly.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:26 am

Trader wrote:

You are a better man than me. I will do what I need to do, but until they are compulsory no mask for me.
If I am feeling unwell I will stay at home.
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Jim05 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:28 am

Trader wrote:Donut again today.
8 days since a case.
Down to just 2 active cases.

There was a concern that we would get back to 0 active cases before the restrictions were lifted on December 14th, and that's why they have resumed international flights to make sure we don't get that 'egg on our face' moment.
Let’s see if WA and QLD open back up to us now. Meeting this arvo to discuss
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:35 am

Booney wrote:
Trader wrote:

Initially, yes, like they did with the Woodville High School, then as contact tracing unfolds in the following hours/days they'd narrow down the times they would focus on and you'd be let free.

Well what's the point then? Surely it can tell when you were there, one reason for introducing it was people would forget where they were and at what time. Let you free 3 or 4 days later, cmon what a joke.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:36 am

You're assuming the people who manually signed in used their real names
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:37 am

daysofourlives wrote:Well what's the point then?

It helps our alien overlords to keep track of those of us with the microchips.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:37 am

daysofourlives wrote:

You're assuming the people who manually signed in used their real names

You need to produce ID so even thick cnuts can't get away with it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:39 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Booney wrote:
Trader wrote:

Well what's the point then? Surely it can tell when you were there, one reason for introducing it was people would forget where they were and at what time. Let you free 3 or 4 days later, cmon what a joke.
Yes, all the ones we used interstate you are required to check in and check out. That way they know exactly how long you were there for and at what times.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion