I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:30 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:We are putting up a new gable verandah 10m x 6m off the side of our house to replace what is currently there.
What is there at the moment is a flat metal structure that is roofed by shade cloth (not ideal in winter or really hot days). This flat structure needs to co.e down but is quite large in size being about 10m by 9m with posts in the middle. The structure itself is in good condition and I will pull it down myself to save a few $$$$. It is only tek screws and was quoted $1200 for the builder to take it down.
Just thinking rather than dumping it, it could be sold to someone, I guess the question is what would it be worth?
Is $500 around the mark or is that too much or too little?

Photo?

Being out in the sticks you'd think someone with a holiday home on York's would be interested.

Don't know how to do photos on here.
I'm happy to take down myself as I dont want someone coming in and screwing it up

I couldn't do photos on here but put it on marketplace on the weekend and it sold for $500 inside of 10 minutes. Maybe it was too cheap, but its a problem solved and solved quickly. New one is being built next week.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby stan » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:22 pm

Roof racks.

Just looking a temp option at the moment. Anyone had any experience with these temp roof racks from Giantz?

Looking at a country trip so hoping they hang on at 110km/hr out there.

Keen to here people's opinions.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Armchair expert » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:41 pm

giantz brand is Chinese trash
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby stan » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:20 pm

Armchair expert wrote:giantz brand is Chinese trash
Ok, is there something similar that's not made in china?

Anything you'd recommend?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:40 pm

My lad is trying out for an SANFL under 16 club, they train twice a week and it's pretty full on intensity.

His local club also trains twice a week, they too train pretty hard.

So basically he's training his arse off 4 nights a week, is it too much for a 15 year old? Should I advise him to sit out a local training once a week, I don't want him to burn out or lose interest as his older step-brothers did right when they should've been peaking.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:45 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:My lad is trying out for an SANFL under 16 club, they train twice a week and it's pretty full on intensity.

So basically he's training his arse off 4 nights a week, is it too much for a 15 year old? Should I advise him to sit out a local training once a week, I don't want him to burn out or lose interest as his older step-brothers did right when they should've been peaking.

Drop the local club altogether. Nothing worse than being burnt out at 20.

He'll be back with the local club after the SANFL 16 season is over anyway.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:49 pm

heater31 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:My lad is trying out for an SANFL under 16 club, they train twice a week and it's pretty full on intensity.

Fully agree, have seen this with lads the past few years. Doesn’t need to train at his local club but I would suggest he go out and watch/help out. Means he is still involved
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:50 pm

heater31 wrote:

He's gotta make the squad first which won't be easy, he's still gotta keep in touch with his regular team and be a part of the group, just the 4 intense nights in a row as the temperature is starting to rise is a concern for me as I don't want him to see it as a chore.

It cuts out going to the beach or doing any other things teenagers like to do during school holidays or after school.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:52 pm

Brodlach wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Fully agree, have seen this with lads the past few years. Doesn’t need to train at his local club but I would suggest he go out and watch/help out. Means he is still involved

Totally agree with that in all aspects, I think there's 4 from his team in the same boat, perhaps they should have lighter sessions.

Then again, just being there can still seem like a chore.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby heater31 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:01 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
heater31 wrote:

He's gotta make the squad first which won't be easy, he's still gotta keep in touch with his regular team and be a part of the group, just the 4 intense nights in a row as the temperature is starting to rise is a concern for me as I don't want him to see it as a chore.

It cuts out going to the beach or doing any other things teenagers like to do during school holidays or after school.
Maybe explain to the local coach I'm throwing everything at making it in a higher level. Local clubs sometimes forget their place in the pyramid. But like Brodlach said maybe still be around the local team.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Booney » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:02 pm

Not only would I use this method, but it's something the club(s) will tell him, recovery is as important as training is and no down time will mean he's not giving his higher honours ( the SANFL ) his best, he'd be doing himself a disservice by trying to do both.

From the moving him around point, yep, would be onerous to be doing both if he's not training, perhaps let him help out at his local club on their Friday (?) session?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:26 pm

heater31 wrote:Maybe explain to the local coach I'm throwing everything at making it in a higher level. Local clubs sometimes forget their place in the pyramid. But like Brodlach said maybe still be around the local team.

Yeah, I'll be chatting with the coach and letting him know it's my decision not the lad's.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:29 pm

Booney wrote:Not only would I use this method, but it's something the club(s) will tell him, recovery is as important as training is and no down time will mean he's not giving his higher honours ( the SANFL ) his best, he'd be doing himself a disservice by trying to do both.

From the moving him around point, yep, would be onerous to be doing both if he's not training, perhaps let him help out at his local club on their Friday (?) session?

I was thinking the other way around and having Wednesday's off, at least he has a rest day in between the two most grueling training sessions.

One requirement is to run 6km's in under 25 mins, certainly makes me feel old and slow now looking at my 7.5km times.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:29 pm

heater31 wrote:Drop the local club altogether. Nothing worse than being burnt out at 20.

This.

It's bloody December FFS anyway. :roll:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Smashed Crab » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:11 pm

Any gun tax accountants on here? My normal tax man has been unresponsive, I think he's been snowed under by Jobseeker/keeper stuff. But either way he's not responsive, maybe my question is too hard...

My company has decided to pay my STI bonus this year in shares. When the Rights were offered on 10th August the Share price was worth $0.55 each. Now my company is always frustratingly so slow and late with these things. I only just got my letter of offer on December 2 when the Shares were valued at $0.79. The Shares are due to Vest on 14th December and we're currently at $0.84.

Now my question is, at which of those 3 points do I have to declare to the ATO as the income value? I would have thought the initial offering at $0.55, but someone has said it's when I receive the shares into an account? It will make a big difference as the share price is currently 53% higher than the initial price back on 10th Aug. I would hate to pay the highest price, get slugged the tax, and the bloody share price drops 10-20 cents.

Private message back if you have any genuine advise. Feel free to post back on here if you want to say, its your shout at Pirate Life ya Smashed Crab.
Smashed Crab
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:17 pm

Smashed Crab wrote:Any gun tax accountants on here? My normal tax man has been unresponsive, I think he's been snowed under by Jobseeker/keeper stuff. But either way he's not responsive, maybe my question is too hard...

My company has decided to pay my STI bonus this year in shares. When the Rights were offered on 10th August the Share price was worth $0.55 each. Now my company is always frustratingly so slow and late with these things. I only just got my letter of offer on December 2 when the Shares were valued at $0.79. The Shares are due to Vest on 14th December and we're currently at $0.84.

Now my question is, at which of those 3 points do I have to declare to the ATO as the income value? I would have thought the initial offering at $0.55, but someone has said it's when I receive the shares into an account? It will make a big difference as the share price is currently 53% higher than the initial price back on 10th Aug. I would hate to pay the highest price, get slugged the tax, and the bloody share price drops 10-20 cents.

Private message back if you have any genuine advise. Feel free to post back on here if you want to say, its your shout at Pirate Life ya Smashed Crab.

Aren’t share dividends(franked amounts) paid twice a year?
April and September.

It’d be on your dividend statement(if you have it)?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Smashed Crab » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:08 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Smashed Crab wrote:Any gun tax accountants on here? My normal tax man has been unresponsive, I think he's been snowed under by Jobseeker/keeper stuff. But either way he's not responsive, maybe my question is too hard...

Aren’t share dividends(franked amounts) paid twice a year?
April and September.

It’d be on your dividend statement(if you have it)?

They're not dividend's, its my yearly bonus but paid out in shares instead of cash. Its all to do with when the shares Vest and become mine.
Smashed Crab
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Trader » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:38 pm

Starting to stretch my knowledge here, so take this with a grain of salt, but my understanding is the employer is meant to nominate the value of the shares and include that in your income statement.

The employer will record the value of the shares transferred to you as a cost of running their business and therefore a deduction off of their taxable profits. Given this, you should be able to get the correct answer by asking them what value they use, as the two should be the same.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:05 am

Booney wrote:Not only would I use this method, but it's something the club(s) will tell him, recovery is as important as training is and no down time will mean he's not giving his higher honours ( the SANFL ) his best, he'd be doing himself a disservice by trying to do both.

Found out last night that the league club co-ordinator has instructed the players to NOT train with their local club whilst still training with the league club.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:07 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Found out last night that the league club co-ordinator has instructed the players to NOT train with their local club whilst still training with the league club.

Had a few of these situations over the years, u16's is very intense and with games starting early March and over by early May you don't want a 4+ week injury now. Any grassroots coach will understand why they aren't training at club level, if he is missing his team mates get him to go out and be the hydration manager for the sessions and help move some cones. The rest of the boys will love seeing him out there, even if not training.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion