Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby cracka » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:20 pm

Q. wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Q. wrote:
cracka wrote:I don't think its a coincidence that the record decline quarter was the same time as Australia for the most part was in lockdown due to Coronavirus.

And don't let COVID distract you from the fact that the economy has been in free-fall for a couple of years.
Correct, labor was in charge when the economy started collapsing

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Maybe lay off the Rowan Dean special sauce. We had the best ranked economy in 2011, 2012 and 2013.

By 2018, we were ranked 21st.

Independent Australia, about as unbiased as Fox News
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Q. » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:28 pm

cracka wrote:
Q. wrote:Maybe lay off the Rowan Dean special sauce. We had the best ranked economy in 2011, 2012 and 2013.

By 2018, we were ranked 21st.

Independent Australia, about as unbiased as Fox News

What is it about the formula used that you think is biased?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Q. » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:15 pm

Bronwyn Bish...err, Morrison and Frydenberg bill taxpayers for private jet to Murdoch party:

PM and treasurer bill taxpayers for private jet to Lachlan Murdoch's Christmas party

Scott Morrison and Josh Frydenberg billed taxpayers almost $5,000 to take the prime minister’s private jet on a whirlwind trip to Sydney on the night of Lachlan Murdoch’s Christmas party, leaving Canberra after 6pm, attending the Bellevue Hill soiree and then returning to the capital before 9am the next morning.

On 5 December last year, as bushfires blanketed Sydney in smoke haze, both the prime minister and treasurer attended the media heir’s mansion, Le Manoir, in the harbourside suburb.

I'm assuming Morrison will come out and be as outraged at himself as he was at Christine Holgate?
Q.
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Q. wrote:Bronwyn Bish...err, Morrison and Frydenberg bill taxpayers for private jet to Murdoch party:

PM and treasurer bill taxpayers for private jet to Lachlan Murdoch's Christmas party

Scott Morrison and Josh Frydenberg billed taxpayers almost $5,000 to take the prime minister’s private jet on a whirlwind trip to Sydney on the night of Lachlan Murdoch’s Christmas party, leaving Canberra after 6pm, attending the Bellevue Hill soiree and then returning to the capital before 9am the next morning.

On 5 December last year, as bushfires blanketed Sydney in smoke haze, both the prime minister and treasurer attended the media heir’s mansion, Le Manoir, in the harbourside suburb.

I'm assuming Morrison will come out and be as outraged at himself as he was at Christine Holgate?

Surely u get some perks for being paid **** all to run a country?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:50 pm

I hope they had a good time
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Q. » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:02 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Q. wrote:Bronwyn Bish...err, Morrison and Frydenberg bill taxpayers for private jet to Murdoch party:

That's one of the more interesting takes on corruption that I've read.

You'd think a salary of $550K and superannuation contribution of 15.4% was enough to not feel the need to take the piss out of obsequious LNP voters.
Q.
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:15 pm

Q. wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

That's one of the more interesting takes on corruption that I've read.

You'd think a salary of $550K and superannuation contribution of 15.4% was enough to not feel the need to take the piss out of obsequious LNP voters.

Pretty shitty pay for someone in that position I would have thought.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:15 am

Bum Crack wrote:Pretty shitty pay for someone in that position I would have thought.

I wouldn’t do it for that. In fact, there’s very few successful business people in politics unless you want to feed your ego like Turnbull or Palmer.
It’s such a lucrative gig for non achievers who have no shame and are only good at hypocrisy
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Q. » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:28 pm

I always struggle to understand why the middle class votes for a party that blatantly increase their income taxes (while lowering those of the wealthy) and suppress wage growth.

The Morrison government wanted tax cuts for the wealthy, and that is what they have delivered

Out to the end of this decade bracket creep will raise the average tax rate rise for middle-income taxpayers by 6.3 percentage points, but the tax cuts will only reduce that rate by 2.4 percentage points.

As a result, the average tax rate for median-income taxpayers will by 2030-31 have risen 3.9 percentage points compared with what they paid in 2017-18.

Not exactly a case of “will not see bracket creep ... for their entire working lives”.

But the PBO found that the highest 20% of taxpayers are “projected to have a lower average tax rate in 2030-31 compared with 2017-18, while all other quintiles are projected to experience increasing average rates over that time”.
Q.
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:28 pm

Q. wrote:I always struggle to understand why the middle class votes for a party that blatantly increase their income taxes (while lowering those of the wealthy) and suppress wage growth.

The Morrison government wanted tax cuts for the wealthy, and that is what they have delivered

Out to the end of this decade bracket creep will raise the average tax rate rise for middle-income taxpayers by 6.3 percentage points, but the tax cuts will only reduce that rate by 2.4 percentage points.

As a result, the average tax rate for median-income taxpayers will by 2030-31 have risen 3.9 percentage points compared with what they paid in 2017-18.

Not exactly a case of “will not see bracket creep ... for their entire working lives”.

But the PBO found that the highest 20% of taxpayers are “projected to have a lower average tax rate in 2030-31 compared with 2017-18, while all other quintiles are projected to experience increasing average rates over that time”.
Maybe because we hate the Unions ;)
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Q. » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:55 am

Jim05 wrote:
Q. wrote:I always struggle to understand why the middle class votes for a party that blatantly increase their income taxes (while lowering those of the wealthy) and suppress wage growth.

Oh, I always thought it was a mistaken belief that after enriching themselves and their donors, the LNP would share the spoils.
Q.
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:03 am

Jim05 wrote:

Unions are almost irrelevant today.

Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:10 am

Q. wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Oh, I always thought it was a mistaken belief that after enriching themselves and their donors, the LNP would share the spoils.

Good ol' trickle-down economics. Naked self-interest dressed up as economic policy.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Q. » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:26 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Unions are almost irrelevant today.

Except for McManus and Combet lobbying hard to introduce a stimulus to keep people in jobs during COVID :roll:
Q.
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:36 am

And so they should.

Unions are needed in certain industries. But if you ever have issues with your employer, most of the time Unions will just pass the buck to Fair Work Australia. From what Unions used to do, to what they do now are completely opposite. And I'd much prefer Unions worry about entitlements etc instead of Climate change...

Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Psyber » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:05 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:And so they should.

Unions are needed in certain industries. But if you ever have issues with your employer, most of the time Unions will just pass the buck to Fair Work Australia. From what Unions used to do, to what they do now are completely opposite. And I'd much prefer Unions worry about entitlements etc instead of Climate change...

I'd agree with that. I support unions that focus on the basic needs and welfare of the workers they represent rather than move dominantly into party politics and social values manipulation.

As a medical intern (in 1968) I supported SASMOA when it first formed opposing the rostering of young medicos on duty for up to 130 hours a week - not good for them or their patients!! In the end we won a ban on being rostered on more than 85 hours a week, and time and a quarter for anything over 50 hours. Not great but an improvement...

(It commenced in 1969 - it didn't help our lot much, but it did the next batch.)

When challenged at a hearing by a bureaucrat about the fact that beds were provided and we got to go to sleep while on duty, I said, "Yes, and I had a great night last night - I got to go to bed six times between call outs!"
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby DOC » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:11 pm

Psyber wrote:

I'd agree with that. I support unions that focus on the basic needs and welfare of the workers they represent rather than move dominantly into party politics and social values manipulation.

As a medical intern (in 1968) I supported SASMOA when it first formed opposing the rostering of young medicos on duty for up to 130 hours a week - not good for them or their patients!! In the end we won a ban on being rostered on more than 85 hours a week, and time and a quarter for anything over 50 hours. Not great but an improvement...

(It commenced in 1969 - it didn't help our lot much, but it did the next batch.)

When challenged at a hearing by a bureaucrat about the fact that beds were provided and we got to go to sleep while on duty, I said, "Yes, and I had a great night last night - I got to go to bed six times between call outs!"

On your own?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Psyber » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:15 pm

DOC wrote:
Psyber wrote:

On your own?

Yes all the nurses were run off their feet and exhausted too that night.
Though one did knock on my door another night - of course I acted appropriately in the circumstances...
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby DOC » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:31 pm

What seems to be up nurse?

images.jpg
images.jpg (7.65 KiB) Viewed 875 times
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby cracka » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:49 am

Q. wrote:
stan wrote:I love the fact that it had to be banned. I mean sleeping with co-workers in general is such a bad idea, imagine people who worked for you.

In the private sector, leveraging a power imbalance for predatory sexual behaviour would get you the DCM.

I guess we'll find out if that's true if Hardwick gets the sack
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics