HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

AFL 2021

Postby Jim05 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:16 pm

Sick of these tough draws every year :)

You know we are going to a garbage year when they are even sending us down to the Cattery this year
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: AFL 2021

Postby stan » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:49 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
DOC wrote:Sydney Stack breaches Covid Lockdown (numerous times) and ends up in a brawl outside a nightclub in Perth.

Faces court tomorrow.

I havent read anywhere that he was in a brawl, just covid breaches

Yeah, I only heard he was given a move along order by the police but was too pissed so they checked his ID and it all unfolded.
Bet some prick messed up his burrito.

That's probably when the fight started.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Wedgie » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:14 pm

Jim05 wrote:Sick of these tough draws every year :)

You know we are going to a garbage year when they are even sending us down to the Cattery this year

93 I think was the last time?
We've even played Fitzroy down there since then! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:32 am

stan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Yeah, I only heard he was given a move along order by the police but was too pissed so they checked his ID and it all unfolded.

He was at KFC with his brother, they got a double stack zinger burger.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:01 am

I heard he was so drunk he Stacked it
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Trader » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:55 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
stan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Yeah, I only heard he was given a move along order by the police but was too pissed so they checked his ID and it all unfolded.

He was at KFC with his brother, they got a double stack zinger burger.

C'mon mate, you're normally good with the witt, but KFC sponsor Port, not his mob.

;)
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:49 am

Rhyce Shaw will join Gold Coast as Head of Development in 2021, reuniting with Stuart Dew after they spent 8 years together at Sydney.

Excellent news for Rhyce.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7488 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:38 am

Great news
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:28 pm

Richmond premiership coach Damien Hardwick’s new relationship with a younger staff member is causing growing tensions within the club.

It’s understood senior figures have raised concern about the relationship after it was confirmed last month that Hardwick split from wife Danielle, with whom he shares three children.

Hardwick has been seen with his new partner, a member of the Tigers’ commercial sales team, on holiday in Queensland and around Melbourne recently.

It’s believed the relationship has rocked staff within the club and could affect the playing group.

Danielle Hardwick, who was often referred to affectionately as Mrs Hardwick, is a much loved figure around Tigerland.

She and their two daughters spent Christmas morning with the family of Tigers captain Trent Cotchin.

Cotchin’s wife Brooke posted a picture of the Hardwick girls with their children calling them “second fam”.

On the post Danielle commented: “What a special Christmas morning. Our hearts are full. Love you Cotchins.”

Sources say it also raised eyebrows when Hardwick’s new love interest quarantined via Darwin and then stayed on the Gold Coast in the lead up to the Grand Final.

Some senior members of the club are understood to have raised concerns that Hardwick’s relationship with the staff member has similarities to the AFL’s situation with executives Simon Lethlean and Richard Simkiss’s relationships with younger employees in 2017.

Both resigned acknowledging the relationships were inappropriate.

But other senior figures at the club have defended the Hardwick relationship saying that he’s never had direct authority over his partner.

The issue is even understood to have been raised among members of the board.

When contacted the club gave a statement to the Herald Sun:

“The Club is aware that coach Damien Hardwick is currently in a relationship with a member of the Club’s administration staff. The Club has no concerns with this under Club policy. Beyond this, it is a private matter and we ask that privacy be respected.”

Hardwick, the Tigers’ three time premiership coach, has been granted leave until February after an intense season.

“I’m going to take a bit of a longer break this year over summer,” Hardwick told 3AW in October.

“It’s been a pretty full on 3-4 years and we’ve done a hell of a lot of work and had a lot of success along the way but sometimes you need to step back.

“I’m very lucky that I’ve got some terrific assistants, and a couple of those guys will move on, but the coaching group and the people I have around me do a large amount of work and the reality is I sit at the top and manage those guys.”

Hardwick has won a premiership with the Tigers in 2017, 2019 and 2020 and has coached 252 games with the club.

It was a year of turmoil for many involved in the AFL, with Richmond facing some off-field issues in the hub, yet still achieving ultimate success.

Hardwick had often discussed his long-time partner Danielle and her influence. He credited her with the stunning selection of Marlion Pickett, who played his first game in the 2019 grand final.

“I must admit, she was pushing Marlion harder than anyone,’’ Hardwick said after the win.

“She goes, ‘You’ve just got to play him he’s too good’. She was in the VFL coaches box watching me and she kept smiling at me looking at him as he was playing.

“She’s been a terrific supporter of mine and behind every man is a great woman and I’m very fortunate.”

“(Mrs Hardwick) wasn’t overly happy with the press conference. She gave me a dressing down after it. That was a good result,’’ he said at the time.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Trader » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:57 pm

Booney wrote:Some senior members of the club are understood to have raised concerns that Hardwick’s relationship with the staff member has similarities to the AFL’s situation with executives Simon Lethlean and Richard Simkiss’s relationships with younger employees in 2017.

I'm not sure I'm comfortable with this line of thinking (in society as a whole) that any relationship within a work environment must involve people of the same ranking in the hierarchy otherwise its automatically considered predatory.

I think its an unnecessary slur against the senior member of the relationship, not to mention degrading to the junior to imply he/she isn't able to make up their own mind and decide if they want to date someone or not.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:04 pm

Trader wrote:
Booney wrote:Some senior members of the club are understood to have raised concerns that Hardwick’s relationship with the staff member has similarities to the AFL’s situation with executives Simon Lethlean and Richard Simkiss’s relationships with younger employees in 2017.

I'm not sure I'm comfortable with this line of thinking (in society as a whole) that any relationship within a work environment must involve people of the same ranking in the hierarchy otherwise its automatically considered predatory.

I think its an unnecessary slur against the senior member of the relationship, not to mention degrading to the junior to imply he/she isn't able to make up their own mind and decide if they want to date someone or not.

Agreed, a fairly judgemental stance to take.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby heater31 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:11 pm

Trader wrote:

Difference here is the senior employee's now ex partner is involved in the workplace in I assume unpaid capacity. It might force staff to pick sides and resent the other party.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Trader » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:34 pm

heater31 wrote:Difference here is the senior employee's now ex partner is involved in the workplace in I assume unpaid capacity. It might force staff to pick sides and resent the other party.

Yeah, nothing wrong with a ban on all workplace relationships cause they get messy, and if that's all the article spoke about then I wouldn't have commented.

However the section I quoted, specifically implying an imbalance of power and predatory behaviour is what I have an issue with.

We are not talking about a person under the age of 16 here, or even if Hardwick was a in a position of trust (cop, school teacher, etc) where his partner would then need to be 18.
He's dating an adult and for that to lead to suggestions that he's a sexual predator abusing his authority to force her into an unwanted relationship is gutter journalism IMO.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:12 am

Trader wrote:
heater31 wrote:Difference here is the senior employee's now ex partner is involved in the workplace in I assume unpaid capacity. It might force staff to pick sides and resent the other party.

Yeah, nothing wrong with a ban on all workplace relationships cause they get messy, and if that's all the article spoke about then I wouldn't have commented.

However the section I quoted, specifically implying an imbalance of power and predatory behaviour is what I have an issue with.

We are not talking about a person under the age of 16 here, or even if Hardwick was a in a position of trust (cop, school teacher, etc) where his partner would then need to be 18.
He's dating an adult and for that to lead to suggestions that he's a sexual predator abusing his authority to force her into an unwanted relationship is gutter journalism IMO.

The Lethlean/Simkiss affairs were looked upon so poorly as the younger staffer was ( no pun ) directly below the two people mentioned. It seems Hardwick ( pun here - or Wickhard ) isn't the staffer who oversees the person in questions role.

I can see the difference between an affair within an organisation and an affair within a chain of command.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby goddy11 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:40 am

The AFC will get blamed for this. A Crow involved.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 564 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:55 am

goddy11 wrote:The AFC will get blamed for this. A Crow involved.

Hardwick has been f*cking them since 2017.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby goddy11 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:44 pm

Booney wrote:
goddy11 wrote:The AFC will get blamed for this. A Crow involved.

Hardwick has been f*cking them since 2017.

Good one.

You could say a Crow is F^^king Hardwick this time.

I wonder who Caro will blame.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 564 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby cracka » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:29 pm

Just saw a photo of Buddy on the track. Looking as lean as he's ever been. Really hope he can play most of the season
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:26 pm

cracka wrote:Just saw a photo of Buddy on the track. Looking as lean as he's ever been. Really hope he can play most of the season

They’ll get 6 average games out of him and still claim it’s been a success!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2515 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL