CDFC 2024

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: CDFC 2021

Postby Spargo » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:06 pm

whufc wrote:
Spargo wrote:Boyd now gone to Norwood?
Last year’s B&F - things still going swimmingly out at the Ponderosa...

Sure you didn’t here Harry Boyd.

Only heard Boyd. Thus the ?
Assumed it was James...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:30 am

Seems like even Gazza has given up....
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby goddy11 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:57 pm

I believe CD resume training on the 15th Jan. Seems a little later than most clubs.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:14 pm

goddy11 wrote:I believe CD resume training on the 15th Jan. Seems a little later than most clubs.

Can't start too early. There's only 15 in the squad so can't work em too hard.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby southernbulldog » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:57 pm

Perhaps we are waiting for our gun interstate recruits to come out of quarantine LOL
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby TDJ44 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:30 pm

southernbulldog wrote:Perhaps we are waiting for our gun interstate recruits to come out of quarantine LOL

We've picked up some quality for our reserves, going to be another one of those rebuilding seasons that a few of you talk about.
Unfortunately the so called rebuilding has been happening for about 8 years now.
TDJ44
Under 16s

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby southernbulldog » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:25 am

I was being facetious about the recruiting .
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby TDJ44 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:16 am

southernbulldog wrote:I was being facetious about the recruiting .

Yes I know that you were,I'm just disappointed with our average recruiting.
We've basically recruited more of those not good enough for league but good reserves footballers.
TDJ44
Under 16s

Postby Mr Fuller » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:44 pm

You’ve basically written off your new recruits without ever playing a game. A bit unfair I would have thought.

The eagles appeared to recruit very average players on paper at the beginning of last year.

If what makes a good SANFL player simply whether they were on an AFL list then our headline recruit was Kai Pudney and he played most of the year in our reserves!!

Our best recruit was Mansell who was an unheralded 19 year old from North Launceston and Pierce Seymour from the SA Amateur league. Two players you’d hardly pencil into our league team at the beginning of the season but two players who were regulars over the season. Add to that the coach gave Jacob Wehr an opportunity after three years of reserves footy where he did nothing to suggest he was deserving of an opportunity at a higher level. He could have easily moved to a club like Centrals this year and you’d be talking about him the way you are doing with the blokes you have recruited. Look how he turned out.

If your team is getting smashed week after week then perhaps your criticism will be justified. But until then back your team and coach and give your recruits a chance!

On a separate note, I went back over old news and saw this media release from 12 months ago where the club announced the signing of Rhyan Mansell. In the same release it also said we recruited some bloke from formerly of Glenelg and Myponga-Sellicks called Damien Hill. What became of Hill? I don’t recall him playing a game for us.

https://wwtfc.com.au/news/new-recruits- ... mien-hill/
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby TDJ44 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:10 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:You’ve basically written off your new recruits without ever playing a game. A bit unfair I would have thought.

The eagles appeared to recruit very average players on paper at the beginning of last year.

If what makes a good SANFL player simply whether they were on an AFL list then our headline recruit was Kai Pudney and he played most of the year in our reserves!!

Our best recruit was Mansell who was an unheralded 19 year old from North Launceston and Pierce Seymour from the SA Amateur league. Two players you’d hardly pencil into our league team at the beginning of the season but two players who were regulars over the season. Add to that the coach gave Jacob Wehr an opportunity after three years of reserves footy where he did nothing to suggest he was deserving of an opportunity at a higher level. He could have easily moved to a club like Centrals this year and you’d be talking about him the way you are doing with the blokes you have recruited. Look how he turned out.

If your team is getting smashed week after week then perhaps your criticism will be justified. But until then back your team and coach and give your recruits a chance!

On a separate note, I went back over old news and saw this media release from 12 months ago where the club announced the signing of Rhyan Mansell. In the same release it also said we recruited some bloke from formerly of Glenelg and Myponga-Sellicks called Damien Hill. What became of Hill? I don’t recall him playing a game for us.

Yes I have because majority of our recruits over the last 4 to 5 years spend most of the time in the 2s.
I'm sure that others think the same but I'd rather we picked up 4 or 5 genuine league footballers than picking up 10 recruits and only 2 are league standard.
TDJ44
Under 16s

Postby Mr Fuller » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:08 pm

TDJ44 wrote:
Mr Fuller wrote:You’ve basically written off your new recruits without ever playing a game. A bit unfair I would have thought.

Yes I have because majority of our recruits over the last 4 to 5 years spend most of the time in the 2s.
I'm sure that others think the same but I'd rather we picked up 4 or 5 genuine league footballers than picking up 10 recruits and only 2 are league standard.

Fair enough. All I'm saying is that there are more factors to consider than simply the league a player has previously player for. Young blokes with at least some ability who may be playing amateurs or in country leagues but who have a burning desire to be drafted in 12 months can often be better recruits than washed up 26-28 year olds who have come off AFL lists and have no hope or desire to be drafted/redrafted but are simply playing for $$.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:13 pm

Dutchy wrote:Seems like even Gazza has given up....

Sorry, just got back from Robe,
drinking, swimming, surfing,
footy was the furthest thing from my mind :D
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Dutchy » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:28 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:

Gummy Bears?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Dutchy » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:32 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:

Played 1 game for the Mudlarks in August, maybe injury?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:02 pm

Dutchy wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:

Gummy Bears?

funnily enough, I found one on the kitchen counter in the caravan this morning, as I was making a tea for my good lady.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:29 pm

Rowey was there as well, he goes every year,
I reminded him of the 5kg bag of Gummi Bears when he was coaching The Bays in a game at Elizabeth but he didn't remember,
puck me Ritchie, it looks like he's been eating a few since though!
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:15 am

Stil very quiet, infact we might even lose one of our recruits Matt Neagle if we cant find him employment with about a fortnight.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:33 am

whufc wrote:Stil very quiet, infact we might even lose one of our recruits Matt Neagle if we cant find him employment with about a fortnight.

is that just a guess?
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:04 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
whufc wrote:Stil very quiet, infact we might even lose one of our recruits Matt Neagle if we cant find him employment with about a fortnight.

is that just a guess?

Was told by an official down at the club Matt has given the club until end of January to have employment or else he will stay back home with guaranteed work.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:18 pm

whufc wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:

is that just a guess?

Was told by an official down at the club Matt has given the club until end of January to have employment or else he will stay back home with guaranteed work.

There you go, Eagles, all you have to do is find Neagle somewhere to complete his final 3 years of his carpentry apprenticeship & he's all yours!
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL