ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Trader » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:02 pm

tigerpie wrote:Anyone want pick the final 4 in A1?
Para hills and Flinders pk look set, but 6 points between 4th and 10th its anyone's guess.
Should be an interesting second half of the season.

Para Hills are flying, and have games to come against Reynella, Trinity, Marion and Walkerville, you'd think they have top spot locked away.

Flinders Park are the big shock of the season. Have started well and despite the loss to Park Hills on the weekend, they are still looking good.
You'd think they need 3 more wins to make it, and with Grange, Reynella and Old Scotch over the next three rounds, they'll be keen to get them before they finish with Pooraka and SPOC.

Ingle Farm the next for mine. Games to come against Trinity, Grange and Walkerville will all be wins. How they fare against PAOC and Pooraka in Rounds 8 and 9 will be the difference between 2nd and being in the big mix of teams fighting for the final spots.

PAOC, Pooraka and SPOC close out the chasing pack.

Pooraka with games to come against SPOC, Ingle Farm, Flinders Park and Para Hills have the greatest chance to shape the 4.

PAOC are coming from a game back, having lost 3 already, but other than Ingle Farm in Round 8, they have played all the others you'd consider to be in the mix.

SPOC can pinch 2nd or fall as low as 10th. Really hard to pick and could be anywhere when we hit finals.

After that, Reynella and Old Scotch appear to be sides that have the ability to impact the make up of finals, but will need to have a really good run to get themselves there.

The following 5 games over the next two rounds will help paint the picture for 20/21:

Round 7:
Para Hills Vs Reynella
Pooraka Vs SPOC
PAOC Vs Old Scotch

Round 8:
Ingle Farm vs PAOC
Flinders Park vs Reynella
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby tigerpie » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:39 pm

Having a tie against the farmers last week didn't help our chances.
Pannach is a huge out and those first two games after the break are crucial.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Whatsfordinner » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:51 pm

A lot of talk about the top grade.

Thoughts on A2 and A3?

A2
Goodwood flying
Woodville South
Modbury
Old Ignatians

Goodwood and Modbury been the 2 clear from round 1. Brighton the big shock down rock bottom

A3
Unley are also flying
Adelaide Lions
Old Concordians
Golden Grove

Goodwood and Hectorville close 5th and 6th.

Merry Christmas!
Whatsfordinner

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby no_remorse28 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:13 am

A1 continues to be intriguing

Reynella got off to a flyer but losing wickets at the same time vs. the hills, our bowling unit put in another solid display, From what I could tell Reynella missing 2 opening bowlers made it tough for them to get into the game in the field, but certainly fought back very well.

Hanso hits another ton, I believe that's number 21, not sure of the score though

Ingle Farm look well in control vs trinity

PAOC continue to build momentum and you would expect them to chase down the Scotch score, how ever have lost Latchford already

Walkerville a good chance to get a first win on the season, could be a close one there

and grange put up a good total against Flinders Park, going to have to be a good chase to get the 265
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Punter707 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:25 pm

A1 - Ladder interesting with Walkerville the only ones likely to be demoted next season.
Para Hills - Will finish top
Pooraka at 2nd through to Marion at 11th only separated by 26 points. Very interesting last 4 games coming up.

For the record my top 4 will be as follows
Para Hills
Pooraka
Ingle Farm
Paoc
Punter707
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:04 pm

Punter707 wrote:A1 - Ladder interesting with Walkerville the only ones likely to be demoted next season.
Pooraka at 2nd through to Marion at 11th only separated by 26 points. Very interesting last 4 games coming up.

Para Hills
Pooraka
Ingle Farm
Paoc

Hard to predict the top 4, but I agree on Para Hills and Walkerville. Round 8 might shed some light, but not enough.
Flinders Park were on fire early days, but have been beaten easily in their last 2 games. They'll need to bounce back against Reynella and I think they will if Pannach is still out.
Game of the round will be PAOC v Ingle Farm. Princes will be keen to gain some revenge after narrowly missing out on the title last year. The winner of this game will play finals and the loser will have a lot of work to do. PAOC .... just.
Grange v SPOC should also be a cracker. Grange need to keep winning to stay in contention and it's almost the last throw of the dice for Saints. Grange for me.
Para Hills will be too strong for TOS as will Pooraka over Walkerville..
The loser of the Marion v OSCA game will be under the pump from a relegation perspective while the winner will still have a sully chance to play finals. Marion to win this one.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Computer Crashed » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:45 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Punter707 wrote:A1 - Ladder interesting with Walkerville the only ones likely to be demoted next season.

Para Hills
Pooraka
Ingle Farm
Paoc

Hard to predict the top 4, but I agree on Para Hills and Walkerville. Round 8 might shed some light, but not enough.
Flinders Park were on fire early days, but have been beaten easily in their last 2 games. They'll need to bounce back against Reynella and I think they will if Pannach is still out.
Game of the round will be PAOC v Ingle Farm. Princes will be keen to gain some revenge after narrowly missing out on the title last year. The winner of this game will play finals and the loser will have a lot of work to do. PAOC .... just.
Grange v SPOC should also be a cracker. Grange need to keep winning to stay in contention and it's almost the last throw of the dice for Saints. Grange for me.
Para Hills will be too strong for TOS as will Pooraka over Walkerville..
The loser of the Marion v OSCA game will be under the pump from a relegation perspective while the winner will still have a sully chance to play finals. Marion to win this one.

Not sure of the rules but if the Farms could have gone back into the field last week with half hour to play they should have.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:32 am

interesting week ahead with some interesting scores.

PAOC rolled for 100
TOSCC make 4/305 against para Hills
Grange Declared with 212 on the board
Marion saved by the Wiz to post a tough chase for scotch
Pooraka bowled out for 217 against Walkerville
Flinders park go large again, butinterested to know why Taylor Retired
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:46 am

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:Flinders park go large again, butinterested to know why Taylor Retired

It was ******* hot out in the middle on Saturday especially if you were wearing a lid!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby no_remorse28 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:08 am

Tough day in the sun for the hornets, was very hot out north, losing the toss, dropping a few catches and we know what a lovely place to bat it is. A good chance for us to work hard on a big run chase. Trinity certainly batted well and made it a very tough day
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:06 pm

heater31 wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:Flinders park go large again, butinterested to know why Taylor Retired

It was ******* hot out in the middle on Saturday especially if you were wearing a lid!

looking at the grades there were a few i think doing the same thing. I wondered if it was an injury as it was early. I think it was smart for people to retire if unwell this week. health comes first
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:13 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
heater31 wrote:

looking at the grades there were a few i think doing the same thing. I wondered if it was an injury as it was early. I think it was smart for people to retire if unwell this week. health comes first
I know I started with a lid and switched to a Richie Richardson wide brimmed on the weekend was out there a while, thankfully switched before it became a big issue.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Punter707 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:08 pm

Tipping this might be around of upsets. Looked an easy round to tip before the weekends results.
PAOC rolled for 100 very surprising, Did Ingle Farm bat ? Anyone know there score if so?

What was SPOC in reply to Grange's 212?

Could Para Hills and Pooraka both lose the games we would all penciled into win?
Punter707
Mini-League

Postby Coops204* » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:05 pm

heater31 wrote:

Tore his Achilles Taylor did apparently.
Coops204*
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby tigerpie » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:02 pm

Coops204* wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Tore his Achilles Taylor did apparently.

Ouch I know that feeling well.
Don't write of reynella chasing that total down.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:13 pm

Punter707 wrote:Tipping this might be around of upsets. Looked an easy round to tip before the weekends results.
PAOC rolled for 100 very surprising, Did Ingle Farm bat ? Anyone know there score if so?

Could Para Hills and Pooraka both lose the games we would all penciled into win?

Ingle Farm 3 for 50 chasing PAOC's 100 and SPOC 1 for 12 chasing Grange's 212.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Punter707 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:13 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Punter707 wrote:Tipping this might be around of upsets. Looked an easy round to tip before the weekends results.

Ingle Farm 3 for 50 chasing PAOC's 100 and SPOC 1 for 12 chasing Grange's 212.

Both Games in the balance id say. Ingle Farm should win needing 50 with 7 in the shed.
Punter707
Mini-League

Postby bloods08 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:56 am

Just seen scores in the paper for A3 match between Goodwood and Golden Grove. Surely that can’t be right. Thought the first innings was strange enough but it can happen. The 2nd innings where Golden Grove get bowled out for 32 and Goodwood for 26 is plain ridiculous. Surely Goodwoods pitch isn’t that much of a minefield.
Go you Redbacks!
bloods08
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 13 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:20 am

bloods08 wrote:Just seen scores in the paper for A3 match between Goodwood and Golden Grove. Surely that can’t be right. Thought the first innings was strange enough but it can happen. The 2nd innings where Golden Grove get bowled out for 32 and Goodwood for 26 is plain ridiculous. Surely Goodwoods pitch isn’t that much of a minefield.

That's crazy if correct
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Groover » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:20 am

bloods08 wrote:Just seen scores in the paper for A3 match between Goodwood and Golden Grove. Surely that can’t be right. Thought the first innings was strange enough but it can happen. The 2nd innings where Golden Grove get bowled out for 32 and Goodwood for 26 is plain ridiculous. Surely Goodwoods pitch isn’t that much of a minefield.
My cricket says Grove were 0-32 and won outright

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 385 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps