Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby whufc » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:39 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Had a massive eye opener last night.

Got offered a couple of box tickets to the cricket early afternoon to which I obliged, I then decided to just book some accommodation and stay in the city.

Being a Tuesday night I thought I could just find a bar or cafe in the city to have a nightcap after the game so stayed pretty central.

There were gangs galore, it was very confronting with a lot of aggression going on, the poor OTR on North Terrace seemed to be a target for young gangs, I grabbed a coffee from there around 11:30pm and the staff had all sorts of shit going on, twice separate gangs came running in and grabbed whatever they could and went running out, the staff had no chance as they have to backtrack about 8 metres to get around the counter to apprehend them.

I asked “what would you do if you did actually catch them?”

“There’s nothing I can do mate, it’s the only way to get them to run out the store though”.

Give me a Friday or Saturday night in the city any day after that experience.

Shit!! Given you grew up in the original South Australian hood that must have been pretty bad last night. So glad im 100's of kilometers away from that shit. The closest we get to a gang war is when the North Clare and South Clare footballers are both at The Bentleys hotel on a Saturday night.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:01 pm

Admittedly it was the best part of 12 months ago, but walking from the train station to the Garden one night for a show we walked through Rundle Mall and the tension was simmering around the Myer Centre, two of three groups of 12-15, mostly 15-20 year olds, seriously dangerous numbers.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:28 pm

David Hookes, 17 years ago today.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:38 pm

whufc wrote:

Got offered a couple of box tickets to the cricket early afternoon to which I obliged, I then decided to just book some accommodation and stay in the city.

Being a Tuesday night I thought I could just find a bar or cafe in the city to have a nightcap after the game so stayed pretty central.

There were gangs galore, it was very confronting with a lot of aggression going on, the poor OTR on North Terrace seemed to be a target for young gangs, I grabbed a coffee from there around 11:30pm and the staff had all sorts of shit going on, twice separate gangs came running in and grabbed whatever they could and went running out, the staff had no chance as they have to backtrack about 8 metres to get around the counter to apprehend them.

“There’s nothing I can do mate, it’s the only way to get them to run out the store though”.

Shit!! Given you grew up in the original South Australian hood that must have been pretty bad last night. So glad im 100's of kilometers away from that shit. The closest we get to a gang war is when the North Clare and South Clare footballers are both at The Bentleys hotel on a Saturday night.

Yeah, it was a bit of an eye opener, especially being a Tuesday night.

Growing up in the Bronx wasn't too bad, you just had to be a bit street smart and know who to befriend and who to steer clear of, also had to not be too far from your area alone at night.

Going to Elizabeth Shopping Centre on a Thursday night was often interesting, there would be the Elizabeth gang floating about doing laps, it was when you seen the Salisbury boys making the trip down there you knew that someone was pissed off with someone and it was gonna be on, everyone generally stuck to their own areas.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby stan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:22 am

Tea tree plaza on a Thursday night is pretty much the same these days in a Thursday night.

Apparently late night shopping means gang night these days.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby whufc » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:28 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

Yeah, it was a bit of an eye opener, especially being a Tuesday night.

Growing up in the Bronx wasn't too bad, you just had to be a bit street smart and know who to befriend and who to steer clear of, also had to not be too far from your area alone at night.

Going to Elizabeth Shopping Centre on a Thursday night was often interesting, there would be the Elizabeth gang floating about doing laps, it was when you seen the Salisbury boys making the trip down there you knew that someone was pissed off with someone and it was gonna be on, everyone generally stuck to their own areas.

yeah same....show people respect and get respect back.

We were old skool Craigmore Boys lol so we were pretty much in the middle friends with all the Smitty guys and Fremont guys. Apart from the odd event it never got to crazy except for the infamous Gawler Boys van brawl at the Craigmore Shops
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby DOC » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:31 pm

Possibly not the right thread but

The smoke plume from the fire at Cherry Gardens whilst looking spectacular does not bode well. BIL is there fighting it as one of 55 appliances. Looks big and weather conditions against them.

Hope they get it under control.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2083 times

Postby locky801 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:48 pm

DOC wrote:Possibly not the right thread but

The smoke plume from the fire at Cherry Gardens whilst looking spectacular does not bode well. BIL is there fighting it as one of 55 appliances. Looks big and weather conditions against them.

Fingers crossed they do, is at Emergency alert stage, not sure how bad the wind is up there, hopefully get on top of it soon, havemnt called in strike teams as yet so they must be confident of getting on top of it
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3694 times
Been liked: 1165 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:21 pm

locky801 wrote:

Fingers crossed they do, is at Emergency alert stage, not sure how bad the wind is up there, hopefully get on top of it soon, havemnt called in strike teams as yet so they must be confident of getting on top of it

It looks bad from down here with the smoke.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11834 times
Been liked: 3593 times

Postby locky801 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:25 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
locky801 wrote:

It looks bad from down here with the smoke.

Isnt good right now thats for sure, hearing that 7 fire fronts have merged into one big front, that smells of an arsonist that knows what he/she is doing to me
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3694 times
Been liked: 1165 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:48 am

Didn’t they arrest the suspect yesterday arvo?

The smoke is really thick and eerie in the city.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby heater31 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:53 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Didn’t they arrest the suspect yesterday arvo?

60 year old man from Hallett Cove arrested....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:03 am

heater31 wrote:

FMD!!!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:23 am

And he blew 0.145 on the breatho... f..wit
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2590 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:50 pm

Some big drops of rain starting to fall at Flaggy looks like its about to bucket down thankfully.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby Keefy » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:50 pm

heater31 wrote:

He was seen fleeing from Piggott Range Rd Clarendon where a fire he started didn't take hold. Was getting questioned re the others and is believed to be responsible for them

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 182 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Psyber » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:05 pm

locky801 wrote:

I live about 12 Km east from the nearest bit of the watch and wait zone reported last night and I did some weather research before concluding we could safely hit the sack. Two sites I searched showed the expected wind direction changes would move the front away from us.

That proved true - we didn't even get any smoke from the fires. It had all blown toward the north west. Friends at Hallett Cove and Grange reported the smoke was bad there.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:43 am

Australia Day. . not the increasing discussion or debate about the date, but how aggressive, vile and hurtful so many of the comments are through social media.

Personally, as an Aboriginal person i'm all for changing the date - and I have my reasons - but at the same time I don't begrudge or slander or hate on those who want to celebrate it.. after all it's a beautiful concept - a day for all of the nation to celebrate the cultural diversity and country this has become.. but that day isn't January 26 for me. That's fine.

However you read the comments on social media and it brings you (me) to tears - a combination of anger, sadness, frustration.

Corona Man commented yesterday he feels like "he's supposed to be embarrassed to be an Australian" on Australia Day - try being aboriginal and having people write the stuff that do all over every media outlet they can because they don't agree with those who support changing the date.

Enough from me, i'll just go back to sniffing my petrol in my torn up housing trust house that should've been given to a genuine white family, whilst i keep checking my bank for my latest dole payment. I really should be more respectful for the handouts I receive and benefiting from "the system" - after all i'm not a REAL aboriginal, i'm not black enough. :(
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:50 am

The Bedge wrote:Australia Day. . not the increasing discussion or debate about the date, but how aggressive, vile and hurtful so many of the comments are through social media.

Personally, as an Aboriginal person i'm all for changing the date - and I have my reasons - but at the same time I don't begrudge or slander or hate on those who want to celebrate it.. after all it's a beautiful concept - a day for all of the nation to celebrate the cultural diversity and country this has become.. but that day isn't January 26 for me. That's fine.

However you read the comments on social media and it brings you (me) to tears - a combination of anger, sadness, frustration.

Corona Man commented yesterday he feels like "he's supposed to be embarrassed to be an Australian" on Australia Day - try being aboriginal and having people write the stuff that do all over every media outlet they can because they don't agree with those who support changing the date.

Enough from me, i'll just go back to sniffing my petrol in my torn up housing trust house that should've been given to a genuine white family, whilst i keep checking my bank for my latest dole payment. I really should be more respectful for the handouts I receive and benefiting from "the system" - after all i'm not a REAL aboriginal, i'm not black enough. :(

This makes me sad.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:53 am

Yeah me too. The animosity is getting worse every year.
Is the solution of moving the date too simple?
Or would we be better off using Jan 26 to acknowledge our indigenous community and educate what happened that day all those years ago, and having another date for Australia Day?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2590 times
Been liked: 1830 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion