Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:29 am

My little girl turns 18 today, I'm taking her out for some cocktails this evening.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Q. » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:47 am

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Both my kids attending the survival day rally in town today, so proud they're trying to help right an awful wrong in this country.

Only thing I'm looking forward to dying is my generation and the one before passing on so we can fix this country.

Ever year more people #changethedate, more people attend rallies, more people have the difficult conversations with friends ( I had one at the pub yesterday afternoon ) and more people understand the social change that must take place.

Unfortunately the matter is now politicised, if, like same sex marriage it was social change and not political change I believe a referendum would succeed in having the date changed as it did with same sex marriage. My Mum voted yes for SSM after we had several discussions on how it won't change her life one bit. I think the same would happen around #changethedate

For mine the ultimate solution would be to become a republic and use that day as our national day but I fear the boomers will all need to be gone before we see that and that is many, many years away.

Agree Boon, except I think a referendum is a terrible idea. It will only be a harmful process, just like the gay marriage plebiscite was, and justify a platform for racist viewpoints. You only need to read the vile racism on social media yesterday to see how harmful it will get. Politicians need to grow a set of balls and just make the decision rather than pass the buck via a referendum - they didn't need one to establish the 26th in 1994, they sure don't need one to move it now.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Q. » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:49 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:My little girl turns 18 today, I'm taking her out for some cocktails this evening.

You could have at least let her choose the drinks pal
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:52 am

Q. wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:My little girl turns 18 today, I'm taking her out for some cocktails this evening.

You could have at least let her choose the drinks pal

:lol: :lol:

FTR, I'll just be the deso and financier, taking both daughters.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:19 am

While rating things, I used my travel voucher on the weekend, as I went to book a place they offered me a 2nd night half price, it was very enjoyable to have a mini getaway, pity about the weather though, I didn't get to do a lot of what I intended to though.

Walking down Rundle Mall on Monday during a heavy downpour there was some chick walking along with a tiny bikini asking people if they had a dollar so she could buy a towel, Adelaide didn't fail to deliver again, Monday night was going off in the city!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:18 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:While rating things, I used my travel voucher on the weekend, as I went to book a place they offered me a 2nd night half price, it was very enjoyable to have a mini getaway, pity about the weather though, I didn't get to do a lot of what I intended to though.

Walking down Rundle Mall on Monday during a heavy downpour there was some chick walking along with a tiny bikini asking people if they had a dollar so she could buy a towel, Adelaide didn't fail to deliver again, Monday night was going off in the city!

How did you get a place to accept the voucher on a weekend?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:20 pm

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:While rating things, I used my travel voucher on the weekend, as I went to book a place they offered me a 2nd night half price, it was very enjoyable to have a mini getaway, pity about the weather though, I didn't get to do a lot of what I intended to though.

Most places I've looked at only said Saturday night is no go.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:47 pm

Booney wrote:

I booked the Sunday night and went from there, it's only not valid for Saturday nights.

They were still going to honour the same prices for Saturday & Sunday night as they did for the Sunday and Monday nights.

It was a gem of an apartment, done about 15-20 in Glenelg and the city but Millers apartments have been the best value for money one I've come across.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:14 pm

heater31 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Most places I've looked at only said Saturday night is no go.

I'm trying to book a Friday night in the city and it says there is no accommodation available with a voucher. Anyone else having this problem? Knew there would be some sort of issue.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:15 pm

Yep, I haven't been able to find a Friday or Saturday night anywhere.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:54 pm

Used ours on Monday night.
Was a last minute decision to go to the cricket ended up staying at the Grosvenor. 2 Queen beds (kids slept together) parking and 4 full breakfasts for $39.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:06 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:Used ours on Monday night.
Was a last minute decision to go to the cricket ended up staying at the Grosvenor. 2 Queen beds (kids slept together) parking and 4 full breakfasts for $39.

We were pretty much neighbours.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:20 pm

Booney wrote:Yep, I haven't been able to find a Friday or Saturday night anywhere.

maybe too fussy on your venue?

i know in round 1 a lot had blacked out saturday nights. almost forces you to look away from the main players
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:23 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Booney wrote:Yep, I haven't been able to find a Friday or Saturday night anywhere.

i know in round 1 a lot had blacked out saturday nights. almost forces you to look away from the main players

Not one joint is available on a Friday night and that's searching every venue on the list
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:26 pm

Fair enough

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby cracka » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:24 am

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Both my kids attending the survival day rally in town today, so proud they're trying to help right an awful wrong in this country.

Only thing I'm looking forward to dying is my generation and the one before passing on so we can fix this country.

Ever year more people #changethedate, more people attend rallies, more people have the difficult conversations with friends ( I had one at the pub yesterday afternoon ) and more people understand the social change that must take place.

Unfortunately the matter is now politicised, if, like same sex marriage it was social change and not political change I believe a referendum would succeed in having the date changed as it did with same sex marriage. My Mum voted yes for SSM after we had several discussions on how it won't change her life one bit. I think the same would happen around #changethedate

For mine the ultimate solution would be to become a republic and use that day as our national day but I fear the boomers will all need to be gone before we see that and that is many, many years away.

Not only that but add a treaty/reconciliation, anthem change, flag change & constitutional recognition for the indigenous.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby cracka » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:26 am

Did you see all the "influencers" who attended rallies but then went to Australia day parties. Muppets
cracka
Veteran

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:43 am

Bum Crack wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

Not one joint is available on a Friday night and that's searching every venue on the list

Yep, I had a look too, can confirm, can you take a Monday off? Sunday's are pretty good in the city, a lazy afternoon sitting outside the Austral or go to the Richmond if you want a punt, good set up there for a bet.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:57 am

cracka wrote:

Did you see all the "influencers" who attended rallies but then went to Australia day parties. Muppets

Personally I think that's nit picking.

As mentioned im pro change the date but this wouldn't stop me from catching up with friends and family on the day. If anything it provides a great platform to express my view the date should be change, in comparison I could sit at home, speak to no one and the world moves on and I've had zero impact.

My idea of Australia Day is celebrating Australias current culture and not reflecting on the history.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby cracka » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:21 am

whufc wrote:
cracka wrote:

Personally I think that's nit picking.

As mentioned im pro change the date but this wouldn't stop me from catching up with friends and family on the day. If anything it provides a great platform to express my view the date should be change, in comparison I could sit at home, speak to no one and the world moves on and I've had zero impact.

My idea of Australia Day is celebrating Australias current culture and not reflecting on the history.

Would you go to a protest about something then directly after go to a celebration of what you're protesting about.
Catching up with mates on a public holiday is a bit different to that.
I was going to use the day for a motorbike ride but unfortunately woke up with a crook neck so couldn't go.
cracka
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion