CDFC 2024

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: CDFC 2021

Postby bulldogproud » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:17 pm

Booney wrote:How long has Grant been in charge?

Since 1977, 44 years of amazing service to the club.
Cheers
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby JK » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:35 pm

Dogs64 wrote:
bullydog wrote:who were the past players that helped roy and I mean premiership players that helped aside from gowans as runner for one year? I don't recall buckets helping out for more than a couple of sessions just after he retired. I could be wrong but I doubt it. switala and those you mentioned are no where to be seen, apart from richie for years. I hope it changes now thomo is coach . to have a great club you need to fall back on past champions just like port did before the power came along. we have now fallen back into old ways and won't improve without changes.question do you think Kris Grant has been there too long?

Plenty of examples where falling back on past champions has worked and when it hasn't. I recall Port sacking Russell Ebert as coach and the protests at the Lighthouse. I think Kris would have retired weren't it not for COVID. I don't think Kris is the problem (funds, jobs for recruiting is the current issue) and wouldn't be too fussed if he stayed or retired if we have someone that can do the role as well as he has. It would be great if Kris had sponsors that would pay for social clubrooms being built etc. but he has to do it tougher than many with more limited resources.
At least he was never there as a means to further his profile and managerial aspirations in the AFL.

Sounds like us in 2004-2010 but all we copped was ridicule out of Grand Central .. Funny how thing change aye?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby bulldogproud » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:58 pm

JK wrote:
Dogs64 wrote:
bullydog wrote:who were the past players that helped roy and I mean premiership players that helped aside from gowans as runner for one year? I don't recall buckets helping out for more than a couple of sessions just after he retired. I could be wrong but I doubt it. switala and those you mentioned are no where to be seen, apart from richie for years. I hope it changes now thomo is coach . to have a great club you need to fall back on past champions just like port did before the power came along. we have now fallen back into old ways and won't improve without changes.question do you think Kris Grant has been there too long?

Plenty of examples where falling back on past champions has worked and when it hasn't. I recall Port sacking Russell Ebert as coach and the protests at the Lighthouse. I think Kris would have retired weren't it not for COVID. I don't think Kris is the problem (funds, jobs for recruiting is the current issue) and wouldn't be too fussed if he stayed or retired if we have someone that can do the role as well as he has. It would be great if Kris had sponsors that would pay for social clubrooms being built etc. but he has to do it tougher than many with more limited resources.
At least he was never there as a means to further his profile and managerial aspirations in the AFL.

Sounds like us in 2004-2010 but all we copped was ridicule out of Grand Central .. Funny how thing change aye?

The number one thing that we need to do is work together with an employment agency. Players are reluctant to come to clubs without employment outside of football being arranged. One certain club has managed to recruit 9 very talented players through one of their major sponsors being an employment agency.
Cheers
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby gazzamagoo » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:15 pm

Booney wrote:How long has Grant been in charge?

since 1977,
and I'm hearing he'll step down before this season starts.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Brucetiki » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:49 pm

Peter Page Hyundai will become the club's major sponsor for the next 2 years.

https://cdfc.com.au/news/major-sponsors ... ouncement/
They don't keep me here because I'm gorgeous and 5'10
Brucetiki
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 181 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby JK » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:47 pm

bulldogproud wrote:
JK wrote:
Dogs64 wrote:

The number one thing that we need to do is work together with an employment agency. Players are reluctant to come to clubs without employment outside of football being arranged. One certain club has managed to recruit 9 very talented players through one of their major sponsors being an employment agency.
Cheers

Yeah more important than ever mate. I genuinely hope you achieve it because I know how important our clubs are to us and I know how uncertain the future looks for most SANFL clubs.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Groucho » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:33 pm

And now the sponsor's name covers the whole red hoop. Way to sell your soul. Grrrrrr!!

Why not take the hoops off the guernsey and just have the sponsor's name and call ourselves Peter Page Hyundai Bulldogs or PPHFC? (sarcasm)
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:49 pm

Groucho wrote:And now the sponsor's name covers the whole red hoop. Way to sell your soul. Grrrrrr!!

Why not take the hoops off the guernsey and just have the sponsor's name and call ourselves Peter Page Hyundai Bulldogs or PPHFC? (sarcasm)

Hmmm, new major sponsor covers one red hoop (in predominantly white) but still leaves another red hoop lower down the guernsey
OR
No major sponsor putting the club’s immediate future at risk...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby DOC » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:14 pm

Groucho wrote:And now the sponsor's name covers the whole red hoop. Way to sell your soul. Grrrrrr!!

Have you ever supported Centrals?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:14 pm

Spargo wrote:

Hmmm, new major sponsor covers one red hoop (in predominantly white) but still leaves another red hoop lower down the guernsey
OR
No major sponsor putting the club’s immediate future at risk...

gotta bitch about something!
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby Groucho » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:05 am

DOC wrote:

Since 1964 as a 7 year old. Club member since 1978, season ticket holder since 1980's. Been to every home and away and finals game since 1973, missed less than 10 games in 47 years. Bought hundreds maybe thousands of dollars of merchandise and food at canteen and meals in the club, put money through the pokies.

So no I don't support Centrals, I'm a johnny come lately wagon hopper, YOU IDIOT!
Groucho
Under 18s

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:45 am

Groucho wrote:
DOC wrote:

Since 1964 as a 7 year old. Club member since 1978, season ticket holder since 1980's. Been to every home and away and finals game since 1973, missed less than 10 games in 47 years. Bought hundreds maybe thousands of dollars of merchandise and food at canteen and meals in the club, put money through the pokies.

So no I don't support Centrals, I'm a johnny come lately wagon hopper, YOU IDIOT!

prove it on here then.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:47 am

bulldogproud wrote:In what will hopefully be music to the ears of supporters, the club has recruited Keilor player Billy Idol, er Billy Eilish, naw it is Billy Iles. This is in addition to the sweet sounds of Amazing (Aiden) Grace. Billy is a young back pocket player who made the Eastern Districts team of the year for 2019.
Cheers

Groucho? Something positive has happened, please take it in.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby DOC » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:02 am

Groucho wrote:
DOC wrote:

I realise you follow them. I realise from your posts that you attend matches. I assume you may even barrack for them at times.

I asked if you SUPPORT them as in get behind them, offer encouragement, find a positive? Accept that you can not win every game by clicking your fingers? Sometimes/often you lose because the other team is better? If my club gave me 9 premierships in 12(?) years I would find it impossible to find fault with every decision they have made.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby whufc » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:19 am

Come on surely you understand how difficult it would be at the moment to secure a major sponsor and the expectation they get something back in return.

The club has done really well on this one.

I don't mind a whinge and being critical but your taking the piss now and having a laugh.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:20 am

DOC wrote:
Groucho wrote:
DOC wrote:

I realise you follow them. I realise from your posts that you attend matches. I assume you may even barrack for them at times.

I asked if you SUPPORT them as in get behind them, offer encouragement, find a positive? Accept that you can not win every game by clicking your fingers? Sometimes/often you lose because the other team is better? If my club gave me 9 premierships in 12(?) years I would find it impossible to find fault with every decision they have made.

Careful, you don't want to be a happy clapper. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Hazydog » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:57 pm

Sounds like the club is still hoping to pick up a couple more recruits from what Thommo said last night on 5aa. Border issues have slowed the process down apparently. I’m hearing a big bodied gun midfielder and a strong marking two sided ruckman/key forward.

( Ok ok... I made the last sentence up)

Cue Groucho..
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 191 times

Postby bulldogproud » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:41 pm

DOC wrote:
Groucho wrote:
DOC wrote:

Unfortunately, that can be part of the problem though. Having experienced 9 premierships in 11 years, it is easy to become too accustomed to success and hard to understand that it is not an automatic permanent feature. Whilst always hoping for success, I take the perspective that the average life expectancy is around 80 years. This equates to 8 premierships in a lifetime. I am blessed to have seen 9... and thank the club greatly for this.
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby Groucho » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:11 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:In what will hopefully be music to the ears of supporters, the club has recruited Keilor player Billy Idol, er Billy Eilish, naw it is Billy Iles. This is in addition to the sweet sounds of Amazing (Aiden) Grace. Billy is a young back pocket player who made the Eastern Districts team of the year for 2019.
Cheers

Are there actually any players names in this post?. All I see is a bunch of stupid puns. Are these actual players?
Groucho
Under 18s

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:01 pm

Groucho wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
Cheers

Are there actually any players names in this post?. All I see is a bunch of stupid puns. Are these actual players?

Billy Iles, from Keilor, coached by Mick McGuane
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL