Collingwood

Talk on the national game

Re: Collingwood

Postby Q. » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:12 pm

Spargo wrote:
tigerpie wrote:Well well, have a decent crack blokes, we had it coming apparently.
What else can the President say ffs!

If its been proven that we were/are racist, then EVERY club would have skeletons.
Ed's right, its pretty ballsy to put the biggest club in Australia through the wringer by initiating the report.

Again I wouldn't be throwing too many rocks lads.

I would hope if my club was guilty of an independent finding such as this, it wouldn’t mark it as one the club’s proudest days, deflect attention away from decades of racism & turn it into one of the biggest naval gazing, circle jerk spin-fests we’ve seen in a long time.
Your president could’ve owned the problem, copped it fair on the chin and then addressed how you would move on.
He didn’t “not read the room” like many have said. He chose not to.
And that’s the shame of it all.

This is the same bloke that suggested Adam Goodes be used to promote the musical King Kong
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby tigerpie » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:13 pm

Wouldn't the President own the problem by commissioning the report in the first place.
Q spot on the king Kong business was a shit comment.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:48 pm

Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby stan » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:12 pm

tigerpie wrote:Wouldn't the President own the problem by commissioning the report in the first place.
Do you actually believe Eds approach was the right one today?

How about, acknowledge the fact that you commissioned the investigation, state the facts and the findings and that you will look to implement a way forward, not this is the proudest day in there history.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby tigerpie » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:59 pm

stan wrote:
tigerpie wrote:Wouldn't the President own the problem by commissioning the report in the first place.

How about, acknowledge the fact that you commissioned the investigation, state the facts and the findings and that you will look to implement a way forward, not this is the proudest day in there history.

Probably not, but hey I'm not in charge of a gazillion dollar club, and I don't have the pressure he's under.
Everyone knows that at times Ed opens his mouth to change feet.
But we also know that he bleeds for the club and will do whatever it takes to right wrongs.
And if our brand is tarnished then he'll do what it takes to fix it.
Everyone can sit back and take potshots, but just make sure your house is in order.
Wouldn't surprise me if there isn't some sort of commission into all clubs.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby MW » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:35 am

He was so hell bent on fixing the brand that there was no hint of the brand or sponsors on display. Classic spin and damage control.
The fact that you defend your club on this shows why Eddie behaves the way he does.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Booney » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:21 am

tigerpie wrote:Probably not, but hey I'm not in charge of a gazillion dollar club, and I don't have the pressure he's under.
But we also know that he bleeds for the club and will do whatever it takes to right wrongs.
Everyone can sit back and take potshots, but just make sure your house is in order.

Can't see how. :-s
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby stan » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:10 am

tigerpie wrote:
stan wrote:

Probably not, but hey I'm not in charge of a gazillion dollar club, and I don't have the pressure he's under.
You have come out in defence of Ed and Collingwood and all I was doing is asking the question.

In my opinion he's approach was 100% what they didn't need at that time.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby JK » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:50 am

I've always admired Eddie for where he's come from, the ladder he's climbed and his passion for Collingwood, but sadly I think he has to be finished now. After his incredulous Goodes remarks and the terrible manner in which he handled yesterdays presser, it's time he moved on.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:58 am

JK wrote:I've always admired Eddie for where he's come from, the ladder he's climbed and his passion for Collingwood, but sadly I think he has to be finished now. After his incredulous Goodes remarks and the terrible manner in which he handled yesterdays presser, it's time he moved on.

The Adam Goodes remark was in 2013, to think only now people think he should be moved on is hard to believe.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:09 am

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:I've always admired Eddie for where he's come from, the ladder he's climbed and his passion for Collingwood, but sadly I think he has to be finished now. After his incredulous Goodes remarks and the terrible manner in which he handled yesterdays presser, it's time he moved on.

The Adam Goodes remark was in 2013, to think only now people think he should be moved on is hard to believe.

The Goodes remark was atrocious and would have completely understood (and agreed) if he'd copped the DCM. At the time, it just sounded like an impulsive and stupid remark (as Eddie does from time to time) and you'd have hoped he received some educating to help set him straight. Sadly that appears to have not been the case.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:23 am

The fact Eddie says that shit in the first place shows how arrogant he is. If there is anyone who knows what should and shouldn't be said, it's him. Anyone who sticks up for him has rocks in their head. He is a flog.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Dutchy » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:51 am

You could see the strategy they were trying to take, all about moving forward and being better, they just missed the healing part :roll:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:29 pm

hopefully after this we will hear the last of Lumumba. he will get his little pay from collingwood and hopefully disappear. Sad what has happened and it shows what how bad the racism was and also what the indigenous players went through at collingwood but this bloke cries wolf and then contradicts himself with his speech at the collingwood presentations.
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby Booney » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:41 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:hopefully after this we will hear the last of Lumumba. he will get his little pay from collingwood and hopefully disappear. Sad what has happened and it shows what how bad the racism was and also what the indigenous players went through at collingwood but this bloke cries wolf and then contradicts himself with his speech at the collingwood presentations.

What did he say?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:48 pm

Gee Collingwood and Eddie racist... Didn't see that coming!!!
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Booney » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:00 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Gee Collingwood and Eddie racist... Didn't see that coming!!!

If only he was on a TV show that built itself on dick jokes, calling people stupid or fat we might have got an indication that he doesn't set high standards for people around him.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:07 pm

Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Gee Collingwood and Eddie racist... Didn't see that coming!!!

If only he was on a TV show that built itself on dick jokes, calling people stupid or fat we might have got an indication that he doesn't set high standards for people around him.

and calling Goodes king kong and passing it off as joke
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby MW » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:53 pm

And as predicted, the silence from the melbourne media ambulance chasers is deafening...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:52 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:hopefully after this we will hear the last of Lumumba. he will get his little pay from collingwood and hopefully disappear. Sad what has happened and it shows what how bad the racism was and also what the indigenous players went through at collingwood but this bloke cries wolf and then contradicts himself with his speech at the collingwood presentations.

How exactly did Lumumba contradict himself at the Collingwood presentation? The only person who seems to be contradicting himself is you. Calling out racism is not "crying wolf". He was the victim.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL