Clearances

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Clearances

Postby Arch44 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:29 am

jo172 wrote:Couldn't think of anywhere to put this, but somewhat amusing/interesting that the South Australian Footballer has been caught in Facebook's news shut down.

That's pretty harsh. My lad writes for The Inner Sanctum and looks like that has been affected too.
Im not across the whole thing but seems a bit over the top.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:54 pm

jo172 wrote:Couldn't think of anywhere to put this, but somewhat amusing/interesting that the South Australian Footballer has been caught in Facebook's news shut down.

More likely the purge of fake news sites
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby jo172 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:14 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:

More likely the purge of fake news sites

This has proved true. The page for the only reliable news source, safooty.net remains up.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby BigB » Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:59 pm

How do we see clearances etc on the new "PlayHQ" system if not an administrator. I mean Sports TG was shite but at least we could get info. Maybe I am just a little impatient?
BigB

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Brodlach » Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:14 pm

No clearances until February 15th
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:03 pm

BigB wrote:How do we see clearances etc on the new "PlayHQ" system if not an administrator. I mean Sports TG was shite but at least we could get info. Maybe I am just a little impatient?

In short - you cant.. it's not available, and it's unlikely it'll be available. Not a high priority.

It's a little exciting really, old school guessing game waiting until Rd 1 to see what sides look like. :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:20 pm

Is there a clearance link?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:39 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Is there a clearance link?

No
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby BigB » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:59 pm

Unless you're subscribed to Mr Murdoch you can't see the stories in the local rag about who's going where.. would be good if there was a clearance link. What's the problem with having one, anyone know?
BigB

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:10 pm

BigB wrote:Unless you're subscribed to Mr Murdoch you can't see the stories in the local rag about who's going where.. would be good if there was a clearance link. What's the problem with having one, anyone know?

PlayHQ haven't built one in yet.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby BigB » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:54 am

The Bedge wrote:
BigB wrote:Unless you're subscribed to Mr Murdoch you can't see the stories in the local rag about who's going where.. would be good if there was a clearance link. What's the problem with having one, anyone know?

If the Advertiser/Messenger can publish a story why can't the league do similar.. clearances are about the only thing of interest in the off season ;)
BigB

Postby jo172 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:02 pm

BigB wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

If the Advertiser/Messenger can publish a story why can't the league do similar.. clearances are about the only thing of interest in the off season ;)

The Advertiser just seem to shamelessly collate the South Australian Footballer's posts
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby heater31 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:24 pm

jo172 wrote:
BigB wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

The Advertiser just seem to shamelessly collate the South Australian Footballer's posts
Could News Ltd lose anymore credibility?
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby jo172 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:33 pm

There are times I think the comparison is unfair on the South Australian Footballer to be honest.

The Advertiser's standards and shameless plagiarism are deplorable given the cash they bring in.

Also, not the place, but back when I was on the committee i was the one assigned the task of putting in death notices for life members. What a ******* rort.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby BigB » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:52 am

jo172 wrote:There are times I think the comparison is unfair on the South Australian Footballer to be honest.

The Advertiser's standards and shameless plagiarism are deplorable given the cash they bring in.

Also, not the place, but back when I was on the committee i was the one assigned the task of putting in death notices for life members. What a ******* rort.

I won't support the Murdoch Press (where I can help it), but I think the SA Footballer do a bit of their own plagiarism.... used to have our club's milestone game and other news lifted directly from our social media without any reference to the author. Quid pro quo Clarice ;)
BigB

Postby jo172 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:54 am

The sooner Chatgpt can just tell us all this information the better.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:48 pm

jo172 wrote:
BigB wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

I can almost guarantee that isn't the case - and that they would have access to clearance information in some form
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:56 pm

BigB wrote:
jo172 wrote:There are times I think the comparison is unfair on the South Australian Footballer to be honest.

I won't support the Murdoch Press (where I can help it), but I think the SA Footballer do a bit of their own plagiarism.... used to have our club's milestone game and other news lifted directly from our social media without any reference to the author. Quid pro quo Clarice ;)

Jeezus, you're being nice ... "a bit?"

That website is made up completely of posts plucked from club FB pages.

Lets' face it, if clubs didnt put their announcements on their FB page, SA Footballer (which is a plagarised name in itself)
would be almost non-existent.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:05 pm

Footy Chick wrote:That website is made up completely of posts plucked from club FB pages

but... but.. thanks to little Timmy for sending it through - we get THOUSANDS of emails / messages / calls every day from clubs :P
The Bedge
Coach

Postby jo172 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:20 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
jo172 wrote:
BigB wrote:
The Bedge wrote:PlayHQ haven't built one in yet.

I can almost guarantee that isn't the case - and that they would have access to clearance information in some form

Their articles aren’t just publishing raw data like when it’s the top 10.,000 lawn bowlers. They include the same photos as that page uses.

They’re either doing what the SA Footballer does in steadfastly going through every clubs page or just taking it from the SA Footballer.

The data is one thing but the pics/descriptions being word for word the same are a bit much.

Hell, see how much they rip off from the fairfax papers or in daily on any given day, it would hardly be anything new
jo172
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League