PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:57 pm

The Bedge wrote:Fair recovery for NEK B grade on the weekend - 5/1 and then finished 194 thanks to some older heads digging in.

Still sub 200 on their ground, you'd have to think Royals in the box seat.

LOL @ Craig Delaney's figures.

At a guess, Baldo has a sighter, 6,6,out, new bloke gets out for a goldie.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:04 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Fair recovery for NEK B grade on the weekend - 5/1 and then finished 194 thanks to some older heads digging in.

Still sub 200 on their ground, you'd have to think Royals in the box seat.

LOL @ Craig Delaney's figures.

At a guess, Baldo has a sighter, 6,6,out, new bloke gets out for a goldie.

Think you're probably right :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby the joker » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:07 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Things are heating up in Grade 1 at the pointy end of the season.
Westies (88.50) Will have the minor premiership sewn up after Saturday as they'll score an outright win against the Gardens.
Dublin (81.59) A loss here could turn their season upside down as AV will jump above them, the Pines could win outright in the last round and Virginia will be within strking distance and will also be capable of an outright in round 14.
Vale (78.40) Probably the form team atm, I knew Andy Carman would become very dangerous with a few games under his belt, great bloke and tremendous competitor, they'll be pushing for an outright this weekend and then their round 14 clash at home against Westies will be a humdinger.
Pines (73.40) Will need to just dig in deep in the 2nd dig and stave off an outright.
Virginia (70.24) If anyone can chase down 234 on the road with a finals berth dangling as a carrot, Virginia can. Win this and then an outright win in the last could see them finish 2nd and a home final, beware of the sleeping giant.
Andy Carman was the sub so he’s not playing this week.
North Pines and Virginia will both be pushing for outright in the last round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:19 pm

the joker wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Things are heating up in Grade 1 at the pointy end of the season.
Westies (88.50) Will have the minor premiership sewn up after Saturday as they'll score an outright win against the Gardens.
Dublin (81.59) A loss here could turn their season upside down as AV will jump above them, the Pines could win outright in the last round and Virginia will be within strking distance and will also be capable of an outright in round 14.
Vale (78.40) Probably the form team atm, I knew Andy Carman would become very dangerous with a few games under his belt, great bloke and tremendous competitor, they'll be pushing for an outright this weekend and then their round 14 clash at home against Westies will be a humdinger.
Pines (73.40) Will need to just dig in deep in the 2nd dig and stave off an outright.
Virginia (70.24) If anyone can chase down 234 on the road with a finals berth dangling as a carrot, Virginia can. Win this and then an outright win in the last could see them finish 2nd and a home final, beware of the sleeping giant.
Andy Carman was the sub so he’s not playing this week.
North Pines and Virginia will both be pushing for outright in the last round

That's gonna help your cause, he should've just opened and gone the slap.

Yeah, you guys have every opportunity to snare one, the downside is if you and Virginia get one, the average winning points for the round will be around 15-16, you'll need to be around 3 points behind Dublin as a minimum going into the round.

There's about a dozen scenario's that could easily unfold from here, just get through this round with minimal damage for now and score as many points as possible.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby the joker » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:17 pm

Yeah. Virginia got gbe outright points for the game against EP as well. They should get average point like everyone else

I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby BenchedEagle » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:10 pm

Great to see lots of possible finals scenarios available for both Grade 1 and 2. All eyes on Enfield to see whether they can hold Craigmore away from the outright in G2.
Whats the feeling Bedge?
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby arvoteapig » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:35 pm

Ludicrous that the points for Virginia’s round one outright vs Eastern Park (thrown game) weren’t just wiped off in full & the bye to be awarded as zero points to each team. Some of the rules within the PDCA are simply absurd. The time ruling for 40 over games cutting overs short needing to be within a stupid time frame is just ridiculous. If a teams being belted around they just take longer and bowl less overs!!! Work that out...

Batting team deciding if they bat on after 65 overs in a two day game. If there’s overs left in a day, play them simple as that!!! All part of cricket!!!

All just ridiculous rules. I think that committee needs some fresh faces to make some changes.
arvoteapig
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:12 am

arvoteapig wrote:Ludicrous that the points for Virginia’s round one outright vs Eastern Park (thrown game) weren’t just wiped off in full & the bye to be awarded as zero points to each team. Some of the rules within the PDCA are simply absurd. The time ruling for 40 over games cutting overs short needing to be within a stupid time frame is just ridiculous. If a teams being belted around they just take longer and bowl less overs!!! Work that out...

Batting team deciding if they bat on after 65 overs in a two day game. If there’s overs left in a day, play them simple as that!!! All part of cricket!!!

All just ridiculous rules. I think that committee needs some fresh faces to make some changes.

It's people before you that have made the rules needed, I think 165 minutes is more than enough to bowl 40 overs, it's designed to have all games be able to be completed by 7pm, it used to be a tactic for teams to drag through their overs to enforce a walk off to draw the match. If it's hot and there are excessive drink breaks it could take until 4:30 to squeeze 40 overs in, might not finish til 8.

I agree with the round 1 comment, outright points awarded in that manner is a bit wrong, it's hard to work out what is fair though given the Gardens get no points at all for round 4 when it was covided out.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:34 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
arvoteapig wrote:Ludicrous that the points for Virginia’s round one outright vs Eastern Park (thrown game) weren’t just wiped off in full & the bye to be awarded as zero points to each team. Some of the rules within the PDCA are simply absurd. The time ruling for 40 over games cutting overs short needing to be within a stupid time frame is just ridiculous. If a teams being belted around they just take longer and bowl less overs!!! Work that out...

It's people before you that have made the rules needed, I think 165 minutes is more than enough to bowl 40 overs, it's designed to have all games be able to be completed by 7pm, it used to be a tactic for teams to drag through their overs to enforce a walk off to draw the match. If it's hot and there are excessive drink breaks it could take until 4:30 to squeeze 40 overs in, might not finish til 8.

I agree with the round 1 comment, outright points awarded in that manner is a bit wrong, it's hard to work out what is fair though given the Gardens get no points at all for round 4 when it was covided out.

That's what I don't like about the 'time' rule in one dayers as generally its the team doing well/ or the right thing that is punished and it can be used as a tactic.

The most common reason for the 40 overs is due to the batting side hitting lots of runs and in particular boundaries where receiving the ball back can take extra time. They are then the ones punished by losing batting overs.

Have also seen and heard bowling teams deliberately take a bit longer if they felt that reducing overs is in their favour, giving the batting team, less party overs. You then bat second knowing exactly what you need and when you need to start 'going the slog'
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:44 am

whufc wrote:
That's what I don't like about the 'time' rule in one dayers as generally its the team doing well/ or the right thing that is punished and it can be used as a tactic.

The most common reason for the 40 overs is due to the batting side hitting lots of runs and in particular boundaries where receiving the ball back can take extra time. They are then the ones punished by losing batting overs.

Have also seen and heard bowling teams deliberately take a bit longer if they felt that reducing overs is in their favour, giving the batting team, less party overs. You then bat second knowing exactly what you need and when you need to start 'going the slog'

We were having day out once so the opposition captain decided to field deep long off to deep long off, he trudged his way as slowly as possible between overs mumbling away the whole time when the umpire tried to hurry him along.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:55 am

The option to end a day early when you bowl out an opposition is a good one - there are so many times when Team A busts their backside in the field, rolls a side in the last few overs of a day then has to go out and face 3 or 4 overs at the end and lose a few wickets, when they deserve to finish the day in front.

The one day time thing has always irked me, that a side batting second appears to have a clear advantage to bowl slow - but the catch is bowlers can still bowl 8, so if have 30 overs for the 2nd dig, you're still gonna get max overs out of the best bowlers.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:25 am

The Bedge wrote:The option to end a day early when you bowl out an opposition is a good one - there are so many times when Team A busts their backside in the field, rolls a side in the last few overs of a day then has to go out and face 3 or 4 overs at the end and lose a few wickets, when they deserve to finish the day in front.

The one day time thing has always irked me, that a side batting second appears to have a clear advantage to bowl slow - but the catch is bowlers can still bowl 8, so if have 30 overs for the 2nd dig, you're still gonna get max overs out of the best bowlers.

Oh yeah, I used to love going out to bowl for 5 or 6 overs late in the day with the trees providing patterned shade on the pitch.

You'd have to be pretty shallow to actually try bowling a slow over rate to shorten the amount of overs by a significant amount, most of the team would be ushering everyone through to get to sit down and chill for the afternoon, batting 2nd when it's 39 degrees was always a bit of a debate who has it worst.

Is it better to go bat after spending 2.5 hours in the raw heat or go out and field in the hottest part of the day when you've relaxed for most of the early afternoon.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:14 am

There's a lot riding on Arifi's shoulders as the Royals resume at 3/81 chasing the Goats total of 167. With Cam and BJ already in the shed the rest of the line up looks a bit thin, Jimbo, Josh and Brett are all capable with the willow but they'll have Adam Smith bowling non stop from one end from the get go so they will be tested.

Nugget's 134 helped the Units to 286 which will be more than enough to defend against the inconsistent ATCO outfit, the Units have the bowling prowess to get the outright but I think time may hurt them.

What a boring day it must have been at Smithfield, 11/112 from 70 overs, in a game that Smithfield really needed maximum points, I can't see them getting them now. Ray Bickle 7/30 from 19 overs WTF? He hits good areas consistently, it's all it takes I guess. Smithfield will need to score quickly and take some decent points out of this game to lessen the pressure in the final round clash with Craigmore.

The Earwigs are in all sorts of trouble against the Blues, 1 for -42 will need a big innings from the skipper and Big Carl to turn this ship around, gonna be a tough day at the office.

Round 14 will see the battle for top spot between 1 & 2 along with 3 v 4 for a chance to play finals for only the winner.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby The Bedge » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:52 am

We are 40 behind the Blues.. if we can bat most the day and score another 150, don’t rule us out of a shock reverse outright 8) :lol:

100 off 20 the Blues will have a dip.
The Bedge
Coach

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:12 am

The Bedge wrote:We are 40 behind the Blues.. if we can bat most the day and score another 150, don’t rule us out of a shock reverse outright 8) :lol:

100 off 20 the Blues will have a dip.

I've seen it done before, they've got some decent batsmen but they're a bit hit and miss.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby BenchedEagle » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:57 pm

https://youtu.be/QHV08tEfRNA
Congratulations to Bedge and Enfield United CC in winning the Goodsports Club of the Year Award.

Your doing great things there mate, keep up the good work.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:32 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:https://youtu.be/QHV08tEfRNA
Congratulations to Bedge and Enfield United CC in winning the Goodsports Club of the Year Award.

Thanks mate, greatly appreciated! :)

Certainly don't set out looking for recognition, awards or whatever, but I must admit yesterday was a really good day - almost got emotional when I saw the video for the first time at the awards.. it feels good to see the work pay off.

It's a bloody long season, and very stressful at times - the last couple weeks i've found myself questioning again why do I still bother coming back each year and putting in.. but days like yesterday and being able to share it with the parents of our kids as well as our members made it seem all worthwhile.

Hopefully now we can continue to build - re-evaluate our goals end of season and continue to push the women's and juniors particularly... couple other infrastructure projects in the pipeline but that'sgot a lot of water to go under the bridge yet.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby auto » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:53 pm

The Bedge wrote:
BenchedEagle wrote:https://youtu.be/QHV08tEfRNA

Thanks mate, greatly appreciated! :)

Certainly don't set out looking for recognition, awards or whatever, but I must admit yesterday was a really good day - almost got emotional when I saw the video for the first time at the awards.. it feels good to see the work pay off.

It's a bloody long season, and very stressful at times - the last couple weeks i've found myself questioning again why do I still bother coming back each year and putting in.. but days like yesterday and being able to share it with the parents of our kids as well as our members made it seem all worthwhile.

Hopefully now we can continue to build - re-evaluate our goals end of season and continue to push the women's and juniors particularly... couple other infrastructure projects in the pipeline but that'sgot a lot of water to go under the bridge yet.
I question myself to why i play on a regular basis, this game sucks ass sometimes.

Ive said before how much of a great job Enfield have done, but as an opposition player to Enfield over the last 15+ years theres only one thing Enfield havent done...

Bedge - can i pencil you in for Enfield v Two Wells grade 1 granny in 2025?

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby The Bedge » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:00 pm

auto wrote:as an opposition player to Enfield over the last 15+ years theres only one thing Enfield havent done...

This is one of the biggest driving factors that brings me back.. I'm desperate to break the A grade premiership drought, and i want to be a part of it.

1983/84 was the last A grade premiership.

We have had our chances since I came back to the club though - lost by 1 wicket to your lads in 2013, lost by 1 wicket to Adelaide Lutheran 2017, then failed to chase 74 against North Pines in 2018. :(
The Bedge
Coach

Postby auto » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:04 pm

Youve always been short of a decent batter or two and probs tough to recruit one when your surrounded by Pooraka, Ingle Farm, Gepps and Vista but dont give up. Itll be sweet.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps