Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:08 am

Had training in the city last night so I thought I'd update my life insurance yesterday and ride the bike in. I just used the roads getting in as I was pushed for time but then coming home I thought I'd use the bike tracks, they are everywhere and it's very scenic, I'll be going for a decent ride on the weekend to see where they can lead to.

Coming down Prospect Road with the breeze is a fair adrenalin rush, getting up around 55 and seeing a car ready to pull out of a side street can get the sphincter working overtime.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:24 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Had training in the city last night so I thought I'd update my life insurance yesterday and ride the bike in. I just used the roads getting in as I was pushed for time but then coming home I thought I'd use the bike tracks, they are everywhere and it's very scenic, I'll be going for a decent ride on the weekend to see where they can lead to.

Coming down Prospect Road with the breeze is a fair adrenalin rush, getting up around 55 and seeing a car ready to pull out of a side street can get the sphincter working overtime.

There is a chick on youtube who has completed recent vid's on the bike paths of Adelaide, did one from Willunga to Gawler, almost all of it was on designated bike paths.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:29 am

Dutchy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Had training in the city last night so I thought I'd update my life insurance yesterday and ride the bike in. I just used the roads getting in as I was pushed for time but then coming home I thought I'd use the bike tracks, they are everywhere and it's very scenic, I'll be going for a decent ride on the weekend to see where they can lead to.

There is a chick on youtube who has completed recent vid's on the bike paths of Adelaide, did one from Willunga to Gawler, almost all of it was on designated bike paths.

I'll have to do a search, You can go from Gawler to Semaphore completely by track but it's a prick of a ride as you're seemingly against the breeze either way.

The city to Henley track is picturesque and a nice shady ride.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:15 pm

You can follow the rail corridor from the city to Outer Harbor on mostly paths but onto roads at times, but they're side roads in the main.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:10 pm

Being able to formally plan and book our trip to Melbourne next week :partyman:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:13 pm

I just put my out of office on and I'm off to Morgan in the morning on the house boat.

On the flip side, y'all!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Corona Man » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:18 pm

Wednesday night low and slow pork ribs on the Ziggy, being washed back with a cleansing ale or 5.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Jase » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:15 pm

Eldest Junior has finally got his Ps after 1 previous failed effort...

Has been a near 2 year effort but he got there in the end....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:27 pm

Booney wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:
texas-smoker-2_1.png

Nice one.

My only tip, when you season it keep notes on fuel load, temp reached and how long it stayed there, great learning for when you do your first cook.

Brisket ready to go for tomorrow, nectarine wood dry, smoker looking sexy.

Quick stocktake...approx 23 cans....hopefully 10 or so left for tomorrow.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1208 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:28 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
Booney wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:
texas-smoker-2_1.png

Nice one.

My only tip, when you season it keep notes on fuel load, temp reached and how long it stayed there, great learning for when you do your first cook.

Brisket ready to go for tomorrow, nectarine wood dry, smoker looking sexy.

Quick stocktake...approx 23 cans....hopefully 10 or so left for tomorrow.

Tell me, how does something that looks like an iron lung, look sexy? :lol:

PS: I'm upstairs until Thursday, still waiting on that taste test :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:58 am

Obviously my lad has had a tough 12-15 months and paying any type of footy was a bonus for him last year.

He went out to Central's under 16 try-outs late last year where he got pretty sick during the first training session (it was a pretty hot night).

On the way home I ripped into him about conditioning, organisation, attitude, appearance, nutrition and doing extra running sessions in his own time if he was serious about playing the next level of footy, he said he didn't feel quite up to it as he was still struggling with his illness and he didn't know if he'll ever be able to recover.

They said to him during the break that he has the skills, he has the pace but he needed to work on his fitness, it was exactly what he needed to hear, it is the easiest of the 3 to improve on.

Since the new year, I'd make him a fruit salad to eat on the way to training, he'd dress neatly, have his Central's training back neatly packed without forgetting anything and we'd get there half an hour early so he could do a bit of a warm up, he has also been doing some voluntary uphill running too.

Their season starts tonight and he has been picked in the starting line up, I probably don't tell him enough but I'm bloody proud of him and I hope he plays a boomer.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:05 am

When a plan comes together.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:08 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Obviously my lad has had a tough 12-15 months and paying any type of footy was a bonus for him last year.

He went out to Central's under 16 try-outs late last year where he got pretty sick during the first training session (it was a pretty hot night).

On the way home I ripped into him about conditioning, organisation, attitude, appearance, nutrition and doing extra running sessions in his own time if he was serious about playing the next level of footy, he said he didn't feel quite up to it as he was still struggling with his illness and he didn't know if he'll ever be able to recover.

They said to him during the break that he has the skills, he has the pace but he needed to work on his fitness, it was exactly what he needed to hear, it is the easiest of the 3 to improve on.

Since the new year, I'd make him a fruit salad to eat on the way to training, he'd dress neatly, have his Central's training back neatly packed without forgetting anything and we'd get there half an hour early so he could do a bit of a warm up, he has also been doing some voluntary uphill running too.

Their season starts tonight and he has been picked in the starting line up, I probably don't tell him enough but I'm bloody proud of him and I hope he plays a boomer.

They lost by about 9 goals and he played crap.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:13 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Obviously my lad has had a tough 12-15 months and paying any type of footy was a bonus for him last year.

They lost by about 9 goals and he played crap.

:lol: Sorry, I just pissed myself when I saw this.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:43 am

Bum Crack wrote: :lol: Sorry, I just pissed myself when I saw this.

All good mate, I'm not sugar coater, when he got in the car he was complaining of shin splints, I said "well it wouldn't be caused from kicking the ball too much".
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:46 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bum Crack wrote: :lol: Sorry, I just pissed myself when I saw this.

All good mate, I'm not sugar coater, when he got in the car he was complaining of shin splints, I said "well it wouldn't be caused from kicking the ball too much".

:lol:
hill running is where it's at.
I tell anyone who will listen, if you want to improve your pace and endurance, train hills, hills and more hills. it will take some time, but once the conditioning is there, running flats are effortless.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:08 am

MW wrote: :lol:
I tell anyone who will listen, if you want to improve your pace and endurance, train hills, hills and more hills. it will take some time, but once the conditioning is there, running flats are effortless.

Hill running on pavement has injured my hammy twice in the past 6 weeks but I must say how much I'm looking forward to running on flat grass, nut I'm old and past it, at least my weight has stabilised during my down time.

As for the lad, he just gets himself caught in no mans land, too close for a short pass and not far enough away for a run on target, it's frustrating to watch, especially if he gets to go forward as he doesn't go goalless too often but could easily snag 3-4 a game if he positioned himself right when it comes in.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:20 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Hill running on pavement has injured my hammy twice in the past 6 weeks but I must say how much I'm looking forward to running on flat grass, nut I'm old and past it, at least my weight has stabilised during my down time.

As for the lad, he just gets himself caught in no mans land, too close for a short pass and not far enough away for a run on target, it's frustrating to watch, especially if he gets to go forward as he doesn't go goalless too often but could easily snag 3-4 a game if he positioned himself right when it comes in.

Try the trails in the hills mate, the undulating trails and surfaces builds the stability muscles in the ankles, knees and hips.

Positioning is key isn't it...my daughter plays and a couple of years ago, I was boundary umpiring and she got moved forward and constantly out of position to her opponent as the ball kept getting out the back as the skill level was not good enough to mark consistently. A sneaky word while I was down there to read the play and position herself at the back of the pack resulted in 2 goals in 2 minutes :lol:

Now she's in U17.5's and moved to a wing but getting herself caught between the play and the next kick...watching the ball go over her head constantly. It's frustrating!
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby whufc » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:59 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

If his 100% passionate about making it to the next level and you genuinely want to invest in his dream, I cant recommend PEAQ Conditioning Coaching highly enough.

Based in Port Adelaide these guys are the real deal when its come to sports fitness and conditioning. Having worked in the fitness industry for 15 years now I would definitely trust all of their trainers.

https://www.facebook.com/peaqcc/
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:17 am

MW wrote:
Try the trails in the hills mate, the undulating trails and surfaces builds the stability muscles in the ankles, knees and hips.

Positioning is key isn't it...my daughter plays and a couple of years ago, I was boundary umpiring and she got moved forward and constantly out of position to her opponent as the ball kept getting out the back as the skill level was not good enough to mark consistently. A sneaky word while I was down there to read the play and position herself at the back of the pack resulted in 2 goals in 2 minutes :lol:

Now she's in U17.5's and moved to a wing but getting herself caught between the play and the next kick...watching the ball go over her head constantly. It's frustrating!

I'd love to, I'm trying to just build the confidence up again in the hammy's to get back into my running, it will be 3 weeks tomorrow since the last mishap, I done a few slow run stints on Tuesday night without any discomfort so I'm hoping to do better on the weekend. It really belted me mentally, I have enough shit I'm trying to get through as it is and running was my escape, I was at my fittest I'd been in a long time and lost a lot of weight, I didn't even have that to look forward to any more.

The wing is the worst, the lad plays well in the guts, up forward or off a back flank but I shudder when he moves to a wing, he does the exact same thing, the ball goes back and forth over his head, he doesn't know whether he's a defender or a forward, I try butt out during the game though as I don't know what his coach's instructions are.

As I kid I remember one bit of advice I got that has always stuck "A good player isn't where the ball is, he's where the ball is going to be".
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion