PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby #bleedredandblue » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:33 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
#bleedredandblue wrote:No Akram for the rest of the year either, eyre royals just making up numbers without him no matter where they finish.. Strange hearing some of their senior players telling people they wouldn’t even take him back in the team if he come crawling back lol gonna be a great pick up for us next season :)

CU and craigmore grand final, woody with the best on medal at the end of it..

You'll probably play Craigmore in the semi mate.

I don’t think Smithfield will chase their runs and they will find themselves 3rd, OTH slip down to 4th.. it’s very close either way, hopefully the weather holds off for everyone Saturday and we can all finish our games!
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby The Bedge » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:53 am

#bleedredandblue wrote:I don’t think Smithfield will chase their runs

I'd back them to get the runs with Gebauer, Hocking, Moss still to bat.

Sugar can bat a little too.

Craigmore lack bowling depth at the moment - evident in the fact the last 3 weeks they've effectively only used two bowlers... not sure they have a plan B if it goes sour.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:59 am

#bleedredandblue wrote:
I don’t think Smithfield will chase their runs and they will find themselves 3rd, OTH slip down to 4th.. it’s very close either way, hopefully the weather holds off for everyone Saturday and we can all finish our games!

68 with 6 wickets in hand, I guess it depends on who the week 2 player is, you'd think between Gebauer, Ranga and Mossy they can bridge that gap, although two of them haven't done much all year.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:43 am

Grade 3 seems a bit of a formality this week, are NEK & Enfield bothering to play week 2?

I don't think this season is finished without a twist, Russell finding some form at the pointy end of the season could be dangerous, especially with the rest of the possible batting line up.

Grade 4 should see the battle of the Towns in the GF, Dublin and everyone's 2nd favourite team "Two Wells" will battle it out.

I wonder where Dublin will have to travel to if their A's get a home semi, does it have to be a PDCA oval? could they get hold of Longies?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:49 am

As for the LO's, I have as much interest in them as I do for the Kranjska Gore Mens Slalom finals as they are filled with so many ways to rort the system, I might put my hand up to umpire one though to fill in a Saturday afternoon.

I do think LO3 & LO4 are pretty much just low grade hacks wanting to have a game, the other two comps are just too hard for the exec to get the correct balance and match ups, not their fault.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:38 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Grade 3 seems a bit of a formality this week, are NEK & Enfield bothering to play week 2?

I don't think this season is finished without a twist, Russell finding some form at the pointy end of the season could be dangerous, especially with the rest of the possible batting line up.

Grade 4 should see the battle of the Towns in the GF, Dublin and everyone's 2nd favourite team "Two Wells" will battle it out.

I wonder where Dublin will have to travel to if their A's get a home semi, does it have to be a PDCA oval? could they get hold of Longies?

As far as i know they'll continue on this week - no reason not.

Eyre Royals lurk as the big danger, when you have Keyvote coming in at 8 you know you have a long batting lineup.. it'll be a Royals v NEK G/F I think.

Heard the Pirates captain was reported Saturday also? Picked the wrong person to give a mouthful to at one of the breaks :lol:

Grade 4 S/F we are happy to host at Thomas Turner :D

Also news just in.. Carl's brother is out this weekend.. :(
The Bedge
Coach

Postby auto » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:40 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Grade 3 seems a bit of a formality this week, are NEK & Enfield bothering to play week 2?

Dublin have booked Longies.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:51 pm

auto wrote:

Nice, wish I was still playing then.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:03 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
auto wrote:

Nice, wish I was still playing then.

That's going to be a real treat for a PDCA side. The oval is absolutely stunning!!!!!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:14 pm

whufc wrote:
That's going to be a real treat for a PDCA side. The oval is absolutely stunning!!!!!

Value for shots, it is so picturesque.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby the joker » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:07 am

Today’s weather going to play havoc for sides. Especially if they play at grounds that don’t drain well. EG Parafield gardens. I personally hope that PG is soaked and doesn’t dry and Greenacres reserve drains like Adelaide Oval

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Eggy » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:46 am

the joker wrote:Today’s weather going to play havoc for sides. Especially if they play at grounds that don’t drain well. EG Parafield gardens. I personally hope that PG is soaked and doesn’t dry and Greenacres reserve drains like Adelaide Oval

I’ve got some bad news for you. NEK’s pitch holds water down the bowling ends. Is there anyway that Dublin could miss if there is no result in the AV Westies game ?
Eggy
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Eggy » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:49 am

The Bedge wrote:

As far as i know they'll continue on this week - no reason not.

Eyre Royals lurk as the big danger, when you have Keyvote coming in at 8 you know you have a long batting lineup.. it'll be a Royals v NEK G/F I think.

Heard the Pirates captain was reported Saturday also? Picked the wrong person to give a mouthful to at one of the breaks :lol:

Grade 4 S/F we are happy to host at Thomas Turner :D

Also news just in.. Carl's brother is out this weekend.. :(

Wasn’t pirates captain was Stancl and he won’t get rubbed out for what happen. When you over hear things from umpires to certain people and it’s things that should never be said it’s hard not to react especially when there is so much to play for. PDCA really need to work
Did I hear One of the barkers have been rubbed out ?
Eggy
Rookie

Postby the joker » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:25 am

Eggy wrote:
the joker wrote:Today’s weather going to play havoc for sides. Especially if they play at grounds that don’t drain well. EG Parafield gardens. I personally hope that PG is soaked and doesn’t dry and Greenacres reserve drains like Adelaide Oval

I’ve got some bad news for you. NEK’s pitch holds water down the bowling ends. Is there anyway that Dublin could miss if there is no result in the AV Westies game ?
Nah I don’t think so. AV points would still be around 5 or 6 and gets them in

I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby The Bedge » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:48 am

Eggy wrote:Wasn’t pirates captain was Stancl and he won’t get rubbed out for what happen. When you over hear things from umpires to certain people and it’s things that should never be said it’s hard not to react especially when there is so much to play for. PDCA really need to work
Did I hear One of the barkers have been rubbed out ?

Guess we shall see, but regardless what he may have overheard on the field, don’t think that gives you a right to unload a verbal assault on/at the association President at the break..
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lucky For Some » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:50 pm

Last edited by Lucky For Some on Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody has gotten a hand job in cargo shorts since 'Nam!
Lucky For Some
Under 16s

Postby Lucky For Some » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:09 pm

Last edited by Lucky For Some on Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody has gotten a hand job in cargo shorts since 'Nam!
Lucky For Some
Under 16s

Postby BenchedEagle » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:13 pm

Units with a clinical outright today. Not bad after some massive broom work to clear a waterlogged pitch.
Semis
Units V Goats
Royals V Craigmore
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby The Bedge » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:28 pm

Lucky For Some wrote:.

Weak :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Dragonfly13 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:48 pm

Anyone know what happened to Parafield gardens A grade this year? Lot of hype at the start of the year.. haven’t heard much of late. Doesn’t look like a very happy camp down there
Dragonfly13
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Two Wells

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps