Things that you are looking forward to

Anything!

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Postby tipper » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:00 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
tipper wrote:That lools very cool gadj.

Mine is related to impalas, but lower spec.

Ill post some pics once its passed its roadworthy inspection. I dont want to jinx anything

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Mines a Bel Air mate, but there is a reason for the lighting in the rear looking like an Impala - long story.....

Biscayne, Bel Air, El Camino, Corvair, whatever, they're all cool mate. You'll love it. Make sure you're in a Chev club and you can enjoy the 90 day log book and 3 year registration for 'bugger all'.
Absolutely, getting the club reg all lined up, organising insurance, trying to think up a number plate for it.... plenty to do

tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:34 am

gadj1976 wrote:What are you getting Tipper?

This is mine - I hate the gold flecked roof but it's necessary to keep it for the moment due to funding.

car 64 Chev.jpg

That looks awesome gadj, reminds me of Gran Torino.

What are you thinking of doing to the roof once you have the funds?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:37 am

tipper wrote:Certainly. Had a mate try to tell me "having an old car wont make you cool"

I strongly disagree, it will be about the only thing i have going for me in the coolness stakes, lol

We could be the modern Thelma and Louise.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:38 am

tipper wrote:Absolutely, getting the club reg all lined up, organising insurance, trying to think up a number plate for it.... plenty to do

Impazza
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:57 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

This is mine - I hate the gold flecked roof but it's necessary to keep it for the moment due to funding.

The attachment car 64 Chev.jpg is no longer available

I'm torn. The original colours were gun metal grey with a white roof which doesn't do a lot for me. The door cards are black but the seats and dash are stuffed, so I could go another colour. Part of me wants original - but the colours don't suit the car at all IMO but another I really like the old blue they came out in. I had one before this one in that blue and loved it.
Attachments
old 64.jpg
old 64.jpg (138.2 KiB) Viewed 1082 times
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:14 am

gadj1976 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

car 64 Chev.jpg

I'm torn. The original colours were gun metal grey with a white roof which doesn't do a lot for me. The door cards are black but the seats and dash are stuffed, so I could go another colour. Part of me wants original - but the colours don't suit the car at all IMO but another I really like the old blue they came out in. I had one before this one in that blue and loved it.

I like the vinyl roof's on the old cars, it would look pretty schmick with the black body.

Either way, it's an impressive looking vehicle.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:37 am

gadj1976 wrote:This is mine - I hate the gold flecked roof but it's necessary to keep it for the moment due to funding.

My Falcon has a few little spots of rust in 3 of the doors, the bonnet some crazing and the roof a couple of bubbles under the paint from when a mate and I did the paint work.....not experts.

Anyway, I had a guy come out and look at it on Tuesday night, been quoted $2500 to cut the rust out, patch and sand, strip the bonnet and roof and paint the roof, bonnet and the doors. I reckon it's very reasonable and he'll be doing the work in the next 8 weeks or so. When done I'll be happy to pass on his details if the work is up to scratch because I think the roof only might be pretty reasonable.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:48 am

Booney wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:This is mine - I hate the gold flecked roof but it's necessary to keep it for the moment due to funding.

My Falcon has a few little spots of rust in 3 of the doors, the bonnet some crazing and the roof a couple of bubbles under the paint from when a mate and I did the paint work.....not experts.

Anyway, I had a guy come out and look at it on Tuesday night, been quoted $2500 to cut the rust out, patch and sand, strip the bonnet and roof and paint the roof, bonnet and the doors. I reckon it's very reasonable and he'll be doing the work in the next 8 weeks or so. When done I'll be happy to pass on his details if the work is up to scratch because I think the roof only might be pretty reasonable.

Absolutely Booney, that'd be great. The vinyl roof is an option rather than sand through the 12 layers of lacquer applied to the roof (allegedly). I can't get the vinyl roof done because I have rust in the front passenger pillar which needs attention pretty quickly.

Realistically I'd be after someone just to cut the rust out and sand it back - I'll worry about the paint at a later stage when I can afford it because the entire needs it, not just the roof.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:49 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

car 64 Chev.jpg

I like the vinyl roof's on the old cars, it would look pretty schmick with the black body.

Either way, it's an impressive looking vehicle.

That's the plan LM! Cheap, quick and looks good too.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby am Bays » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:46 pm

Doing the Tiwi Islands Footy League Grand Final this Sunday.

Imalu Tigers v Tapalinga Superstars I think it is.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:46 am

am Bays wrote:Doing the Tiwi Islands Footy League Grand Final this Sunday.

Imalu Tigers v Tapalinga Superstars I think it is.

Awesome, enjoy. Is it on TV?

I managed two games on Sunday after suffering for 6 weeks of doing very little from doing my hammy twice.

I was pretty nervous all week about getting through.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby tipper » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:28 pm

gadj1976 wrote:

did you go to the holden/chev cruise up at ingle farm the other day Gadj?? just had a photo of a black chev with gold roof pop up on my facebook feed (there was a professional photographer at the event)

love the steelies with the 'dog dish" caps on them. ive got a mate trying to convince me to get them for mine, and i havent even picked it up yet, lol.
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:17 pm

tipper wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

did you go to the holden/chev cruise up at ingle farm the other day Gadj?? just had a photo of a black chev with gold roof pop up on my facebook feed (there was a professional photographer at the event)

love the steelies with the 'dog dish" caps on them. ive got a mate trying to convince me to get them for mine, and i havent even picked it up yet, lol.

Let's face it there aren't too many of them around. Yes it was mine and yes I was there.

Large numbers and lots of dollars worth of cars there. Great evening indeed!
gadj1976
Coach

Postby tipper » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:20 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
tipper wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

Let's face it there aren't too many of them around. Yes it was mine and yes I was there.

Large numbers and lots of dollars worth of cars there. Great evening indeed!
Yeah, i was annoyed i couldnt make it.

Its been very well attended when ive previously managed to get there and check it out.

Theres been a delay onine, so its still a couple of weeks away sadly

tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Dutchy » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:39 am

Hopefully my cricket club ending an A grade 32 year premiership drought tomorrow :YMPRAY:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:57 am

Mother in law lands on her broom tomorrow lunch time. Miserable git father in law should remind me I'm fat, at least once. They're bringing kids from the estranged brother in law for a swim, I'll probably have to get in the pool as the pool toy and miss my Saturday pub trip and won't be able to watch the races. How good?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby tipper » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:06 am

Booney wrote:Mother in law lands on her broom tomorrow lunch time. Miserable git father in law should remind me I'm fat, at least once. They're bringing kids from the estranged brother in law for a swim, I'll probably have to get in the pool as the pool toy and miss my Saturday pub trip and won't be able to watch the races. How good?

want me to come and just stand next to you all day mate? i reckon youd look pretty slim by comparison :oops:
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:09 am

tipper wrote:
Booney wrote:Mother in law lands on her broom tomorrow lunch time. Miserable git father in law should remind me I'm fat, at least once. They're bringing kids from the estranged brother in law for a swim, I'll probably have to get in the pool as the pool toy and miss my Saturday pub trip and won't be able to watch the races. How good?

want me to come and just stand next to you all day mate? i reckon youd look pretty slim by comparison :oops:

You a good swimmer?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:23 am

Chuck a chokito bar in the pool.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby am Bays » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:28 am

That almost makes me want Port to win on the weekend to stop your weekend turning completely sh!t, almost....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion