SANFL 2021 SEASON

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

Postby am Bays » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:16 am

So let me get this straight

We have a club the was born out poor financial management that had to merge to continue it's existence complaining about clubs who have reduced their debt but with supporters who based on perception don't travel.

This own club's supporter base at home looks like an away crowd and when they do play away their supporters are as rare as rocking horse sh!t

Have I got it right??
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby whybother » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:32 am

Changing the topic a little. Anyone else think the headline

"SANFL to tackle mental health head on"

is a little bit weird, considering the concern for concussions etc
whybother
Under 16s

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby MJP1993 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:45 am

am Bays wrote:So let me get this straight

We have a club the was born out poor financial management that had to merge to continue it's existence complaining about clubs who have reduced their debt but with supporters who based on perception don't travel.

This own club's supporter base at home looks like an away crowd and when they do play away their supporters are as rare as rocking horse sh!t

Have I got it right??

Ok I know I’m not totally with it anymore ( the government says so lol ) why keep going on . We as footy fans know the eagles have a low supporter base .
We also know the eagles play in more finals than many other SANFL teams
2020 the eagles missed out 2021 the eagles won the flag
So tell this brain Injured partly disabled Aussie why keep telling us the obvious .
It gets tiring even for my brain
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:53 am

MJP1993 wrote:

Have I got it right??

Ok I know I’m not totally with it anymore ( the government says so lol ) why keep going on . We as footy fans know the eagles have a low supporter base .
So tell this brain Injured partly disabled Aussie why keep telling us the obvious .

I think you won in 2020 and the 2021 season is about to start.
I could be wrong though, had a few beers at last years GF. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Spargo » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:58 am

Have I got it right??

As I said, they’re a special breed.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5459 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby MJP1993 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:00 am

Wedgie wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:

Have I got it right??

Oops lmao I got it wrong
MJP1993
Under 18s

Postby MJP1993 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:05 am

Spargo wrote:

Have I got it right??

Let’s see on another forum I won’t name west Adelaide fans were irate the eagles got so many recruits .
This forum Glenelg fans are more bothered by how many fans the Eagles don’t have .
Guess down the bay not much going on .
Say what you like all sanfl clubs will be playing this year I assume the afl ones are to .
Just don’t ask me what year it is lmao
MJP1993
Under 18s

Postby MJP1993 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:37 am

whybother wrote:Changing the topic a little. Anyone else think the headline

"SANFL to tackle mental health head on"

is a little bit weird, considering the concern for concussions etc

Just had a very quick read on Facebook honestly it could be good to get some message out there .
I guess every little bit will help support and stop people from commuting suicide .
MJP1993
Under 18s

Postby arcadefire » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:49 am

MJP1993 wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Have I got it right??

Let’s see on another forum I won’t name west Adelaide fans were irate the eagles got so many recruits .
This forum Glenelg fans are more bothered by how many fans the Eagles don’t have .
Guess down the bay not much going on .
Say what you like all sanfl clubs will be playing this year I assume the afl ones are to .
Just don’t ask me what year it is lmao

Don't worry Micky..its pure jealousy about the success of the Woodville West Torrens AFL Football Factory Eagles
arcadefire
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby topshelf » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:58 pm

bulldogproud wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:
topshelf wrote:
arcadefire wrote:Hey i don't know i'm just responding to a comment about our supporter base...which we all know is not large...and hey maybe Glenelg have got a supporter base but they don't travel to Woodville...quite happy for any comments from Norwood Centrals and North fans

You probably have the smallest in the league.

Well I’d say your wrong if you include the afl teams . If their seconds sides are rubbish we get more fans .
But carry on

Will say one thing about Eagles fans tbough... they are loyal. Even with the success they have had over the last twenty years, they still have the smallest supporter base of any club (bar the Crows Ressies). All other clubs tend to have supporters come out of the woodwork when they have success, ourselves included.
Cheers

That's the worrying thing, they still can't get fans to attend even with success. Just poking a bit of fun anyway, seen as they seemed really angry the other day.
topshelf
Rookie

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby bulldogproud » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:23 pm

Wedgie wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:

Have I got it right??

He is just predicting the future... with their playing list this year, they SHOULD win the 2021 flag.
Cheers
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Groucho » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:03 pm

If they don't they can always raid our best & fairest place getters again. :roll:
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby MJP1993 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:47 pm

bulldogproud wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:

Have I got it right??

He is just predicting the future... with their playing list this year, they SHOULD win the 2021 flag.
Cheers

Come on guys I took the Micky out of myself my next post
MJP1993
Under 18s

Postby MJP1993 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:49 pm

Groucho wrote:If they don't they can always raid our best & fairest place getters again. :roll:

You mean talk to them when your mob opens the door for them to leave . And if it’s correct pay them less money than they were getting at Elizabeth.
Don’t forget you got Boyd back from us in
MJP1993
Under 18s

Postby Dutchy » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:33 am

Geez reading this, we really do need the footy to start ASAP
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby DOC » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:27 am

Latest Sportsbet market

Port Adelaide $5

North Adelaide $6

Woodville-West Torrens $6

Glenelg $7

Norwood $7

Adelaide $9

South Adelaide $9

Central District $13

Sturt $13

West Adelaide $15
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby bulldogproud » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:37 pm

DOC wrote:Latest Sportsbet market

Port Adelaide $5

North Adelaide $6

Woodville-West Torrens $6

Glenelg $7

Norwood $7

Adelaide $9

South Adelaide $9

Central District $13

Sturt $13

West Adelaide $15

Can't believe we are at the same odds of Sturt and shorter than West :shock:
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby bulldogproud » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:39 pm

MJP1993 wrote:
Groucho wrote:If they don't they can always raid our best & fairest place getters again. :roll:

You mean talk to them when your mob opens the door for them to leave . And if it’s correct pay them less money than they were getting at Elizabeth.
Don’t forget you got Boyd back from us in

Agreed, we can't blame the Eagles for the departure of Troy and Dan. Promises made by the previous coaching staff that were unable to be met by the current coaching staff were the key reason.
Cheers
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby southernbulldog » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:34 pm

Surprised we are $13 thought we would be a lot longer than that. I think West will better than the odds showing
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Mr Fuller » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:19 pm

Will say one thing about Eagles fans tbough... they are loyal. Even with the success they have had over the last twenty years, they still have the smallest supporter base of any club (bar the Crows Ressies). All other clubs tend to have supporters come out of the woodwork when they have success, ourselves included.
Cheers[/quote]

That's the worrying thing, they still can't get fans to attend even with success. Just poking a bit of fun anyway, seen as they seemed really angry the other day.[/quote]

This is a bad argument. No club is increasing their support base over the years since the introduction of Crows regardless of how many premierships they win. Average support reflected by crowd numbers for all teams is showing an overall trend downward clearly due to waning SANFL interest caused by the AFL.

A better metric to consider is which club has had the smallest leakage in support base over the year and whether this is accelerating or slowing. The Eagles never had a big support base to begin with. But I wouldn’t be surprised if the decline in crowd numbers for Eagles has been far less than for clubs with historically larger fan bases (like Glenelg) but who have been poor performance since the introduction of the Crows (like Glenelg).
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL