I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby Brodlach » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:46 am

Shouldn’t happen, need to “read the room”...

....however is there an outcry if/when a bloke does that to another bloke or a woman does that to a bloke?

Yelling in parliament is part of being in parliament
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:51 am

Brodlach wrote:Shouldn’t happen, need to “read the room”...

....however is there an outcry if/when a bloke does that to another bloke or a woman does that to a bloke?

Yelling in parliament is part of being in parliament

This was one on one in a TV spot, not the menagerie that is federal parliament.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:58 am

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:Is there a bigger f*ckwit in Australian politics than Ben Small?

His effort talking over the top of MP Kate Thwaites literally moments after she emphasised the importance of respecting women and hearing what they have to say is some of the most incredible TV you'll ever see.

WAFD.

And even when she told him what he's doing he still continued...shocking culture in Canberra

I just viewed the incident, wow, timing personified.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:45 am

Not sure where to plonk this but we'll see how I go.

I brought a pair of Nike AirMax shoes in December, I must say, they took a while to wear in as there were parts of the inner material that seemed to dig in and irritate different parts of each foot, time and bamboo socks eased that though.

Anywho, 3 months old and the very back of the sole has worn down and started wearing through the bubble part, I've never had shoes wear in this area and for a tad under $200 I'd expect my shoes to last a bit longer, I usually get new wheels every 3 or 4 years.

I've decided to take them on, this is day two of my journey, spoke to someone yesterday and they asked me to provide photo's and proof of purchase, I did that yesterday for an email to arrive today suggesting I return to the store to talk to them or ring Nike corporate Australia to discuss.

I rang them, broken English and it seemed like they were diverting me elsewhere so I requested that she email me her recommendation from here.

I wonder how this ends up?

Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:53 am

Usually they will ask you to return the sneakers to them to review.
How many kms do you think you've put into them?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1821 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:59 am

MW wrote:Usually they will ask you to return the sneakers to them to review.

Over 500 (but they wouldn't know that) the rest of the shoe looks very new still, you can still read the label on the inner sole. The rest of the tread is still in good nick too and you can read "NIKE" clearly on the sole still.

It's just a real random spot to wear away, and shouldn't full stop.

Yes, I just got an email asking me to return them to where I purchased and let them know if they don't accept them.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:02 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Over 500 (but they wouldn't know that) the rest of the shoe looks very new still, you can still read the label on the inner sole. The rest of the tread is still in good nick too and you can read "NIKE" clearly on the sole still.

Yes, I just got an email asking me to return them to where I purchased and let them know if they don't accept them.

Not sure of your size, but are you above 90kg? 500km in an airmax when you're running in them sounds about right TBH.
I dont get much past 600km and i'm about 88kg but I'm using trail running shoes that are built for this stuff.
I'd think it would be related to your running stride. You must be a predominant heel striker which would be wearing down your heel.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1821 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:15 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
MW wrote:

Not sure of your size, but are you above 90kg? 500km in an airmax when you're running in them sounds about right TBH.
I dont get much past 600km and i'm about 88kg but I'm using trail running shoes that are built for this stuff.
I'd think it would be related to your running stride. You must be a predominant heel striker which would be wearing down your heel.

I was mid 90's now mid 80's. I've never had a shoe wear in such a spot although I'm going uphill for about 3km's, a reasonably sharp decline for a km and then relatively flat ground for the last 3kms each lap.

I'll try my luck anyway, if they replace them I'll ask for different ones or I'll just find a reserve so I can run on just grass.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:23 pm

MW wrote:

Feel free to recommend something decent if you could please, white is a preference so I can use them for umpiring too.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dirty dog » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:47 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
MW wrote:

Feel free to recommend something decent if you could please, white is a preference so I can use them for umpiring too.

I have used Kayano’s my whole running life and easily the best shoe going round. Get on catch if your confident with your size and you will save $100. Retail at all the big stores for $270 but $170 on Catch.
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:50 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
MW wrote:

Attachments
NB.jpg
NB.jpg (49.14 KiB) Viewed 690 times
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:57 pm

F139DE1F-289D-45B7-B216-759D9CFB7556.jpeg
F139DE1F-289D-45B7-B216-759D9CFB7556.jpeg (27.48 KiB) Viewed 666 times
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:03 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
MW wrote:

Are these the shoes Forrest Gump wore?
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:06 pm

Dirty dog wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
MW wrote:

I have used Kayano’s my whole running life and easily the best shoe going round. Get on catch if your confident with your size and you will save $100. Retail at all the big stores for $270 but $170 on Catch.

Ive mainly used kayanos. Current pair is a nimbus which is a bit softer. Both are good but I will be switching back to kayano next pair. Just feel a bit more solid. I just checked my usage on connect and I've done 457km in the nimbus and they are only just starting to wear (evenly) on the bottom. Probably got another 200km left in them before they go down hill.
I normally get 6-700km out of kayanos so both wear pretty similar.
I havnt tried any other brand other than asics that goes for all shoes, football, court etc.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:06 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Feel free to recommend something decent if you could please, white is a preference so I can use them for umpiring too.

Sadly I think I have an old set of them floating about.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:08 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

They were the ultimate all-rounder, you could kick the footy all winter, scale fences, run when needed and they'd still get you through for $26.94.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:12 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
Ive mainly used kayanos. Current pair is a nimbus which is a bit softer. Both are good but I will be switching back to kayano next pair. Just feel a bit more solid. I just checked my usage on connect and I've done 457km in the nimbus and they are only just starting to wear (evenly) on the bottom. Probably got another 200km left in them before they go down hill.
I normally get 6-700km out of kayanos so both wear pretty similar.
I havnt tried any other brand other than asics that goes for all shoes, football, court etc.

Cheers, my airmax's probably did alright then, I was being conservative with my 500km prediction, was probably more like 600km if I do the maths, I was on leave for nearly a month and often did my 7km circuit twice a day during that time.

Running on footpaths wouldn't have helped.

I'll suss out the kayano's.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:13 pm

Dirty dog wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
MW wrote:

Thanks for the heads up, I'm generally a 10.5, I don't come across too many shoes that vary from that.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:16 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

They were the ultimate all-rounder, you could kick the footy all winter, scale fences, run when needed and they'd still get you through for $26.94.

Dunlop volleys were better for climbing on roofs and scaling fences.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:25 am

MW wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

It pays to ask, I took them back to the store, I couldn't find my receipt but knew the date I brought them, they gave me a full refund, O just picked another pair of the same value to which they told me they were on sale so I got some money back too.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion