AFL 2021

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL 2021

Postby UK Fan » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:43 pm

Watching the AFL doco and only half way thru but Eddie Betts is just a superstar.

Such a likeable human being. Brendan Gale as well is just a top bloke.

Sloane & Dew appear to be Dumb bogan types but damn good blokes.

Nic Nat has a bit of crunt about him which I was surprised at
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:52 pm

UK Fan wrote:Watching the AFL doco and only half way thru but Eddie Betts is just a superstar.

Such a likeable human being. Brendan Gale as well is just a top bloke.

Sloane & Dew appear to be Dumb bogan types but damn good blokes.

Nic Nat has a bit of crunt about him which I was surprised at

Nic Nat is a dude, he's good friends with my ex sister-inlaw and he's always been very down to earth and will talk to anyone.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Dutchy » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:45 pm

Watched the first 4 eps over the weekend, my takes -

Eddie and Nick Nat - excellent humans
Sloane - exactly how I thought he would be
Nicks & Cameron - thought their coaching and leadership was seriously lacking, disappointed
Richmond & Gale - so professional, great insight why they have dominated last 4 years
Dew - Not sure how to take him yet, seems a great bloke, but can he coach? Jury is out.

Overall I loved it so far, sign up for their 30 day trial and give it a watch.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby beef » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:49 pm

Dutchy wrote:Watched the first 4 eps over the weekend, my takes -

Eddie and Nick Nat - excellent humans
Sloane - exactly how I thought he would be
Nicks & Cameron - thought their coaching and leadership was seriously lacking, disappointed
Richmond & Gale - so professional, great insight why they have dominated last 4 years
Dew - Not sure how to take him yet, seems a great bloke, but can he coach? Jury is out.

Overall I loved it so far, sign up for their 30 day trial and give it a watch.

Understand covid was the main issue but way too much focus on that, would prefer more of the inner sanctum stuff, that has been the more enjoyable bits to watch. Nicks trying to put his stamp on a young squad in my opinion. Cameron is hopeless.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:55 pm

Watched the first two episodes today. Much prefer the All or Nothing series with Michigan, Leeds United, Tottenham, All-Blacks, etc.
I think you get a bit more invested if its one club they concentrate on.
They're just lucky Covid hit otherwise this AFL one would have been even more boring!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2022 times
Been liked: 3866 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:04 am

Had yesterday off crook so punched out a few episodes.

- Couldn't be any less impressed by the behind the scenes GWS vision. Cameron isn't overly inspiring, sounds like any B Grade coach and any old FC anywhere and Coniglio looks anything but a natural leader, certainly alongside Sloane in a similar setting. No wonder they've got by on talent alone and been found out when the talent stocks thinned out. Everything they both said was out of the coaching / captains manual, no real passion or heart in any of it.

- Dew seems like a ripping bloke and you can see why GC put him in charge of a young list, very approachable, very personable, I reckon with the right team around him he'll be a successful head coach.

- No wonder West Coast went crap in the Hub, Simpson gave them every excuse under the sun to not enjoy it then blasts them for not taking it on and making the most of it. Mixed messages from the head coach and he set the tone for them hating hub life before they left Perth.

- Sloane is everything I thought he'd be, quality on field with his voice and actions and quality off field with his words, he's a leader and you have to give Walker some credit, if the was preferred over Sloane for all those years he too must be good quality. Did enjoy when he said everyone was laughing at them and the painful musical montage through round 10-13. :lol: Not sure about Nicks, there's no doubt as a new coach in a side in transition you need to make your mark but he's not overly fearsome when he gets angry.

- No wonder Betts is loved by everyone who he encounters, he's a star on and off field and every time he faces another racist taunt you see a little piece of him die, it's incredibly painful to watch.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:42 am

UK Fan wrote:Watching the AFL doco

Where can you watch this?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:44 am

The Bedge wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Watching the AFL doco

Where can you watch this?

Amazon Prime
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2022 times
Been liked: 3866 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Dutchy » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:50 am

Booney wrote:Had yesterday off crook so punched out a few episodes.

- Couldn't be any less impressed by the behind the scenes GWS vision. Cameron isn't overly inspiring, sounds like any B Grade coach and any old FC anywhere and Coniglio looks anything but a natural leader, certainly alongside Sloane in a similar setting. No wonder they've got by on talent alone and been found out when the talent stocks thinned out. Everything they both said was out of the coaching / captains manual, no real passion or heart in any of it.

- Dew seems like a ripping bloke and you can see why GC put him in charge of a young list, very approachable, very personable, I reckon with the right team around him he'll be a successful head coach.

- No wonder West Coast went crap in the Hub, Simpson gave them every excuse under the sun to not enjoy it then blasts them for not taking it on and making the most of it. Mixed messages from the head coach and he set the tone for them hating hub life before they left Perth.

- Sloane is everything I thought he'd be, quality on field with his voice and actions and quality off field with his words, he's a leader and you have to give Walker some credit, if the was preferred over Sloane for all those years he too must be good quality. Did enjoy when he said everyone was laughing at them and the painful musical montage through round 10-13. :lol: Not sure about Nicks, there's no doubt as a new coach in a side in transition you need to make your mark but he's not overly fearsome when he gets angry.

- No wonder Betts is loved by everyone who he encounters, he's a star on and off field and every time he faces another racist taunt you see a little piece of him die, it's incredibly painful to watch.

Yep pretty much matches my thoughts, Leon Cameron seems nothing more than a old school type coach. Watched the episode last night where Stewy rips into GC at half time up in Darwin, but then post game admitted privately that they were cooked and they just had to find a way to get thru the season. Wasn't sure before but also starting to see why they rate him highly up there.

It would have been great to have Geelong last year, making the GF, Gaz retiring/injury, Stevens issues and Dangerfield would have made 1st class content.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:54 am

Dutchy wrote:Leon Cameron seems nothing more than a old school type coach.

One part where he just rabbits on to the leaders then before anyone responds (I don't think they knew what to say) he says "Good chat" and walks off.

Phil Davis expression says it all.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:01 pm

Booney wrote:

One part where he just rabbits on to the leaders then before anyone responds (I don't think they knew what to say) he says "Good chat" and walks off.

To have inherited an almost ready made squad and then to have the list that he had yet still have no silverware suggests that he is just basically a shit coach, the collective talent in that squad has been as good as anyone's for a sustained amount of time, they had 8 B&F winners in their squad last year and that's not including Haynes who was a joint winner last year.

They didn't have just a window, they had a whole shopfront that they missed, they will be a long way from a top 4 finish again now as players leave at the drop of a hat and they get no one wanting to go there.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:13 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

To have inherited an almost ready made squad and then to have the list that he had yet still have no silverware suggests that he is just basically a shit coach, the collective talent in that squad has been as good as anyone's for a sustained amount of time, they had 8 B&F winners in their squad last year and that's not including Haynes who was a joint winner last year.

They didn't have just a window, they had a whole shopfront that they missed, they will be a long way from a top 4 finish again now as players leave at the drop of a hat and they get no one wanting to go there.

Spot on.

They learnt from the mistakes of the Suns, they got people of good character in early like Chad Cornes, Mark Williams, Kevin Sheedy, Phil Davis and Luke Power who had been involved in successful organisations.

Gold Coast relied on Nathan Bock, Campbell Brown, Nathan Krakouer and Karmichael Hunt to set the standard.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:28 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

Carlton get lambasted for having all the no 1 draft picks and delivering nothing. GWS at least made a GF but overall their record is pretty ordinary IMO. I keep saying it, but having top picks doesn't maketh the team.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:13 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Carlton get lambasted for having all the no 1 draft picks and delivering nothing. GWS at least made a GF but overall their record is pretty ordinary IMO. I keep saying it, but having top picks doesn't maketh the team.

I think top draft picks are over-rated, many talented kids end up being just that.

GWS had the cream of the crop, yeah, they got their arses handed to them for a few years until they ripened, their plethora of talented midfielders has been far more superior than any others over the past 6 or 7 years, just about every kid that joins their midfield ends up racking over 25 possessions per game too, I just baffles me how they just can't click the last few pieces together, they should've tasted success by now with who they had.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:51 pm

What do you know Steve Hocking Gil and their cronies making up new rules 2 days before the season starts

lol
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:41 am

Now we are going to have an Injury Sub....
What a joke

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:55 am

Hopefully the AFL come to their senses and any player being subbed out at as Medical Sub with injury gets 14 days.

Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:54 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Hopefully the AFL come to their senses and any player being subbed out at as Medical Sub with injury gets 14 days.

Are there only certain injury types that are allowed to be subbed eg concussion.

Or is it all inclusive including cramp, hammys etc.

If its everything there just has to be a period with which players cant play again. You could imagine a game starting in the dry only to see rain pour down in the second quarter. All a sudden the KPP/Ruckmen has a 'hammy' which cant really be measured by a doctor in such a small time frame to be replaced by the smaller running midfield emergency.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Sharksta » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:00 pm

whufc wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Hopefully the AFL come to their senses and any player being subbed out at as Medical Sub with injury gets 14 days.

Are there only certain injury types that are allowed to be subbed eg concussion.

If its everything there just has to be a period with which players cant play again. You could imagine a game starting in the dry only to see rain pour down in the second quarter. All a sudden the KPP/Ruckmen has a 'hammy' which cant really be measured by a doctor in such a small time frame to be replaced by the smaller running midfield emergency.
Have to be out for at least 12 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sharksta
Rookie

Has liked: 476 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:23 pm

Sharksta wrote:
whufc wrote:

Have to be out for at least 12 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Listening to SHocking

Club docs can sign some statement if a player recovers within 12 days.......LOOPHOLE

everyone knows Geelong is going to rort this, my guess is by round 3
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL