PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:34 am

whufc wrote:How good are SW, they just always find a bloody way......they lose players over the journey like Willi, Lewendon but they always find a way to replace them and remain at the top.

And they did it comfortably without Travvy bowling, when you have him and Justin in the same side you can build around it, Wardy has had a great season, DJ tonned up as an opener on the weekend and someone different seems to pop up here and there to get the job done.

They are world ahead of the rest of the comp as far as developing players, they've played more kids in the A's over the years than anyone else.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:45 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:How good are SW, they just always find a bloody way......they lose players over the journey like Willi, Lewendon but they always find a way to replace them and remain at the top.

And they did it comfortably without Travvy bowling, when you have him and Justin in the same side you can build around it, Wardy has had a great season, DJ tonned up as an opener on the weekend and someone different seems to pop up here and there to get the job done.

They are world ahead of the rest of the comp as far as developing players, they've played more kids in the A's over the years than anyone else.

Totally agree, the only club to come close to SW as far as junior development is Eastern Park but unfortunately that hasn't translated to long term Senior success.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Browny25 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:47 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Agree
Browny25
Coach

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby interested onlooker » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:12 am

What happened in the Barker incident?
interested onlooker
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby #bleedredandblue » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:22 am

interested onlooker wrote:What happened in the Barker incident?

Who cares! The units are about to battle for their first A grade flag in 15 years, nothing else matters to be honest
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:25 am

#bleedredandblue wrote:

Who cares! The units are about to battle for their first A grade flag in 15 years, nothing else matters to be honest

There's nothing more certain, Sportsbet have you at $1.02, Woody paying $1.20 for the Norm Smith.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:50 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Do you think it has helped that there footy has never really reached great heights, cricket has been the strongest performing side at the club to the point they are primarily a cricket club first. I understand they are a sports and social club but I think you get what I mean.

On the other hand clubs like EP and SN have at times been very successful in footy and maybe that has contributed to the struggles that the cricket sides have seen over the last ten years.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:56 am

#bleedredandblue wrote:

Really?? Wouldn't have picked that!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:57 am

whufc wrote:On the other hand clubs like EP and SN have at times been very successful in footy.

Get your hand off it.

*edit* sorry didn't see "at times" :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:08 am

Grand Finals:

Grade 1: Salisbury West v Angle Vale
Grade 2: Central United v Craigmore
Grade 3: Rose & Crown v Peninsula Pirates
Grade 4: Dublin v Two Wells
LO 1: Para Vista v Grand Masters
LO 2: Trinity v Eyre Royals
LO 3: Salisbury West v Craigmore
LO 4: Eastern Park v North Pines

Well should be an interesting weekend, it's good to see the majority of sides who have been strong all year in their division progress to the GF. Well done to the Pirates who have made their first GF - I think most people, myself especially would've thought NEK would make light work of them... but the NEK SF curse strikes again!

It'll be good to see the Pirates go up to Grade 2 as well.

Dublin & Two Wells have been streets ahead in the Grade 4 and that should be a cracker.. gut feeling says that TW might actually get up.

Para Vista need to stop bullying up sides in LO 1 and go back to playing 2 day cricket.. Hoddo hitting almost 1,000 runs a season taking the mickey - always cracks me up that this guys/sides prefer one day cricket because they cant commit and then go play 95% of the season anyway. :roll: :lol:

Good luck to all involved, particularly those involved in the Akram Cup, it'll be a closer game than people think - Craigmore are one of the better fielding units i've seen this year, and play a simple style of cricket.. Units have high expectations on them to win it.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Slowleftarm » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:09 am

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:On the other hand clubs like EP and SN have at times been very successful in footy.

Get your hand off it.

Being a former SN cricketer player in the late 90s, the cricket went down hill when the footy club didn't want cricket to be involved with the club anymore, it meant the cricket had to play away from the main oval at places like the soccer club on Diment Rd or Salisbury High School plus the A grade captain at the time was a tosser
Slowleftarm

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby whufc » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:17 am

Slowleftarm wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Get your hand off it.

Being a former SN cricketer player in the late 90s, the cricket went down hill when the footy club didn't want cricket to be involved with the club anymore, it meant the cricket had to play away from the main oval at places like the soccer club on Diment Rd or Salisbury High School plus the A grade captain at the time was a tosser

That's interesting, i feel like SN had a mini resurgence in the early 2000's with the likes of Josie Denegelse, Anthony Johnstone, David Coombes (McIntyre) but then it seemed to go downhill again around the time the big clubrooms/community club was built.

I might have all my dates mixed up though.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:18 am

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Totally agree, the only club to come close to SW as far as junior development is Eastern Park but unfortunately that hasn't translated to long term Senior success.

Eastern Park have not developed juniors for quite some time, most of their last season seniors all came from rival junior clubs, Craigmore have had a strong junior program over the years but that fell off the cliff last season, the juniors across the board is a major concern.

Westies promote at least 2-3 kids in their A's every year, they just seem to step up to the plate and play their part, as anyone does that gets a call up to the 1's, they still have half a dozen kids that will be regular A Graders in the next 5-6 years.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:20 am

whufc wrote:
Slowleftarm wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Get your hand off it.

That's interesting, i feel like SN had a mini resurgence in the early 2000's with the likes of Josie Denegelse, Anthony Johnstone, David Coombes (McIntyre) but then it seemed to go downhill again around the time the big clubrooms/community club was built.

I might have all my dates mixed up though.

They did get up to Grade 2 around them times, since around 2000 they've always been a footy club that has cricket.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:22 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Westies promote at least 2-3 kids in their A's every year, they just seem to step up to the plate and play their part, as anyone does that gets a call up to the 1's, they still have half a dozen kids that will be regular A Graders in the next 5-6 years.

They give their kids a go though, that's the biggest part - regardless of grade.. they dont have old blokes hell bent on filling their boots bullying lesser opponents and winning cheap flags.

Virginia similar too - their C grade get flogged, but they give kids a go, and it holds the club in good stead.

Too many sides/players who think the lower grades are all about them and play for sheep stations, instead of being more about participation for younger lads developing... Enfield D grade in LO 4 case in point.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:23 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:They did get up to Grade 2 around them times, since around 2000 they've always been a footy club that has cricket.

They were Grade 1 mid 2000's?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:24 am

The Bedge wrote:Grand Finals:

Grade 1: Salisbury West v Angle Vale
Grade 2: Central United v Craigmore
Grade 3: Rose & Crown v Peninsula Pirates
Grade 4: Dublin v Two Wells
LO 1: Para Vista v Grand Masters
LO 2: Trinity v Eyre Royals
LO 3: Salisbury West v Craigmore
LO 4: Eastern Park v North Pines

Well should be an interesting weekend, it's good to see the majority of sides who have been strong all year in their division progress to the GF. Well done to the Pirates who have made their first GF - I think most people, myself especially would've thought NEK would make light work of them... but the NEK SF curse strikes again!

It'll be good to see the Pirates go up to Grade 2 as well.

Dublin & Two Wells have been streets ahead in the Grade 4 and that should be a cracker.. gut feeling says that TW might actually get up.

Para Vista need to stop bullying up sides in LO 1 and go back to playing 2 day cricket.. Hoddo hitting almost 1,000 runs a season taking the mickey - always cracks me up that this guys/sides prefer one day cricket because they cant commit and then go play 95% of the season anyway. :roll: :lol:

Good luck to all involved, particularly those involved in the Akram Cup, it'll be a closer game than people think - Craigmore are one of the better fielding units i've seen this year, and play a simple style of cricket.. Units have high expectations on them to win it.

Both the top 2 Grand Finals should be crackers.

Going SW in div 1 but anyside with Carman and Meredith can win on any given day but i think SW depth will get them across the line. Great effort by both clubs who simply refuse to go away. AV have been a great PDCA success story starting back in div6. With all the developments going on over there you would think they are going to be a powerhouse PDCA club for many years to go.

The div 2 Grand Final is set to be a cracker. For mine Central United have the star quality, Woody, Nugget, Knappy, Davey Ritz They also have a few that can take away a game in an instant like Fenwick. Having played against them lads a lot they will be up and about no doubt, plenty of yapper, plenty of energy, plenty of emotion

On the other hand you have Craigmore who imo lack the star power but are a consistent professional and experienced outfit. Whilst they may not flip a game in twenty overs you just know they will make the Units earn every wicket as they look to bat their 70 overs. With blokes like Al Hewitt and Mick Richards in the side you know each Craigmore bowler will have a set plan, with a decent field and look to strangle the free flowing United batters.

For me this is the most interesting of the finals because of the different styles of both sides.

Hopefully some live scoring will be happening as i wouldn't mind following this one.
Last edited by whufc on Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:26 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:They did get up to Grade 2 around them times, since around 2000 they've always been a footy club that has cricket.

They were Grade 1 mid 2000's?

Yeah that's my recollection.

Kind of remember playing a few div1 day nighters for EP against SN in the early-mid 2000's (2000-2003) as well.
whufc
Coach

Postby Slowleftarm » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:32 am

Being a former SN cricketer player in the late 90s, the cricket went down hill when the footy club didn't want cricket to be involved with the club anymore, it meant the cricket had to play away from the main oval at places like the soccer club on Diment Rd or Salisbury High School plus the A grade captain at the time was a tosser[/quote]

I might have all my dates mixed up though.[/quote]

They did get up to Grade 2 around them times, since around 2000 they've always been a footy club that has cricket.[/quote]

Once most of the older A grade player's left it went down hill pretty fast. I'm talking the likes of Carpo, Herzick, Coombes (McIntyre), Dawe, Dameo, O'Brien and who ever I've missed
Slowleftarm

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby the joker » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:34 am

What happened here? Match Drawn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps