Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby MW » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:12 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
MW wrote:
Yep 15...won the U18 Amateur medal last year too. Carving it up for Westies seniors.

Which local club does she play for?

Goody Saints
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:31 pm

MW wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
MW wrote:
Yep 15...won the U18 Amateur medal last year too. Carving it up for Westies seniors.

Which local club does she play for?

Goody Saints

Oh, Yes, I do recall seeing her play last year.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:47 pm

The soreness from playing footy. Nothing beats being sore from actually doing something.....much better than being sore from not.

Absolutely loved my first game back in 15 years....funnily enough at times found myself running around thinking how bloody good is this and almost forgot I was actually playing.

No one will be drafting me into their supercoach teams this week lol but managed to get half a dozen kicks, couple of handballs, two clearances and a few tackles in my three quarters. Didn't do anything stupid like throw the ball (being a union boy) or lift anyone in the tackle.

Funny conversation with the coach though, he asked what position I played...mentioned I haven't played in 15 years but was mainly a rover/forward pocked but don't have the engine for the rover part anymore. Mentioned I don't mind a tackle, happy to go in the back pocket but don't want to kill the team by being crap down there.

Anyway five minutes later he says im on...……...just head to the wing mate for this quarter......I think my reaction was U What!!!! Anyway played a quarter on the wing and the and last two in the forward pocket.

On a side note geez you have to run around a lot more these days then when I remember. Just like the AFL even at country level they have a good slingshot across the park so you never feel like you are 'out' of the game. So different to the old days where if you kicked across goal even your old man would run out on the oval to drag you off. :D

Also loved the spirits Malalla the opposition played, game was ultra competitive but blokes were helping each other of the ground, I even got hit a millisecond late for the bloke to say sorry as we hit the ground......much different to 15 years ago where I probably would have been hit with an elbow.

Keen to play some more....the body wont allow me to play everyweek but reckon I will aim for every fortnight if required.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jase » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:33 pm

whufc wrote:The soreness from playing footy. Nothing beats being sore from actually doing something.....much better than being sore from not.

Absolutely loved my first game back in 15 years....funnily enough at times found myself running around thinking how bloody good is this and almost forgot I was actually playing.

No one will be drafting me into their supercoach teams this week lol but managed to get half a dozen kicks, couple of handballs, two clearances and a few tackles in my three quarters. Didn't do anything stupid like throw the ball (being a union boy) or lift anyone in the tackle.

Funny conversation with the coach though, he asked what position I played...mentioned I haven't played in 15 years but was mainly a rover/forward pocked but don't have the engine for the rover part anymore. Mentioned I don't mind a tackle, happy to go in the back pocket but don't want to kill the team by being crap down there.

Anyway five minutes later he says im on...……...just head to the wing mate for this quarter......I think my reaction was U What!!!! Anyway played a quarter on the wing and the and last two in the forward pocket.

On a side note geez you have to run around a lot more these days then when I remember. Just like the AFL even at country level they have a good slingshot across the park so you never feel like you are 'out' of the game. So different to the old days where if you kicked across goal even your old man would run out on the oval to drag you off. :D

Also loved the spirits Malalla the opposition played, game was ultra competitive but blokes were helping each other of the ground, I even got hit a millisecond late for the bloke to say sorry as we hit the ground......much different to 15 years ago where I probably would have been hit with an elbow.

Keen to play some more....the body wont allow me to play everyweek but reckon I will aim for every fortnight if required.

Bloody hell fella, I did 1 day of exercise last week, some lunges and squats, and I've finally been able to sit down on the bog for a crap without crying due to the pain of the seat on my hamstrings..

I am somewhat of a fat bar steward now though... :)
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby DOC » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:52 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
DOC wrote:What's not to like. Our u/19 state side.

Playing the game they love representing our state and getting the win against WA. That jumper looks great.

Capture.PNG

Is there any scores or match report somewhere?

There's a noticeable absentee from that photo, there's some girls in there that will be huge names in the AFLW over the next few season's, a few standouts from the 2019 Crows academy that my daughter was a part of.

The Statewide Super SA U19 Girls team has begun its 2021 campaign with a gritty six-point win against Western Australia at Flinders University Stadium on Sunday.

Despite leading at every change, the Croweaters were unable to gain a meaningful advantage throughout the dour contest with the Sandgropers fighting hard until a deep inside 50m entry was curtailed by the final siren.

Coached by Magarey Medallist Tim Weatherald, SA was powered by a starring role from Sturt’s Zoe Prowse in the ruck.

The AFLW Academy member racked up 20 disposals to go with her 25 hit outs in an eye-catching display, while also illustrating her workrate with three inside 50m entries and two rebound 50 exits.

Speedy South Aussies Laitiah Huynh (Central) and Jade Halfpenny (Norwood) accumulated 22 and 14 disposals respectively to give the WA defenders plenty of headaches on the wide spaces of the Noarlunga venue.

Glenelg’s Brooke Tonon and Central’s Madison Lane defended strongly, with the latter racking up nine rebound 50s to go with her 19 disposals and four marks.

South pair Lauren Clifton and Gypsy Schirmer each kicked a goal on their home ground while West running machine Keeley Kustermann also hit the scoreboard for SA.

The contest was the first of a three-match campaign for the Statewide Super SA U19 Girls Team, with two matches – against the Allies and Queensland – to come in April at the NAB AFLW U19 National Championships on the Gold Coast.

Statewide Super SA U19 Girls players and staff celebrate their win against WA on Sunday. Picture – Peter Argent

SCOREBOARD
SA 1.1 2.2 2.2 3.5 (23)
WA 0.2 1.3 1.5 2.5 (17)

BEST – SA: Zoe Prowse, Brooke Tonon, Laitiah Huynh, Madison Lane, Jade Halfpenny, Alana Lishmund

GOALS – SA: Lauren Clifton, Gypsy Schirmer, Keeley Kustermann

At Flinders University Stadium, Noarlunga
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:09 am

Cheers mate, Tiah Huynh has a come a long way in a short time, she is tiny and was playing 16's for Ingle Farm only a couple of years ago, I'm reptty sure she got a rising star nom in the SANFL last year too.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:23 am

6 boys I know playing u18's this weekend, go well lads
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:37 am

Got the old saloon out the shed and took the beach roads to work, lovely way to start the process of getting to the long weekend.
Attachments
Miles .jpg
Miles .jpg (164.17 KiB) Viewed 1168 times
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Jase » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:27 am

Got the keys to our new place down a Goolwa beach last night.

Looking forward to plenty of good times and relaxing days at the beach and brewery...

The boss lady wants to call it either "The Mac Shack", "The Chamber of Sea-crets" or "Macka's Run"... whatever keeps her happy...

Now to learn how to surf...Image

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Jase
League - Best 21

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:01 am

Got yourself a nice little SA Footy holiday home earner there mate. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:01 am

Jase wrote:Got the keys to our new place down a Goolwa beach last night.

Looking forward to plenty of good times and relaxing days at the beach and brewery...

The boss lady wants to call it either "The Mac Shack", "The Chamber of Sea-crets" or "Macka's Run"... whatever keeps her happy...

Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:04 pm

Booney wrote:Got the old saloon out the shed and took the beach roads to work, lovely way to start the process of getting to the long weekend.

What is it Booney? I might've seen it before but I can't recall. Love the old speedo/odo's.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby gadj1976 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:05 pm

You'll love it more and more as the months and years go by Jase. Well done.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Jase » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:49 pm

gadj1976 wrote:

You'll love it more and more as the months and years go by Jase. Well done.
Thanks mate had our first couple of days down there Good Friday and today, back at home now though...

Place is awesome except 2 things... one of the windows was smashed, bloody bird flew into it and the hot water service is 10000 years old and has died...

Couple of nice and freezing showers after days at the beach...

Still a great weekend away...

Jase
League - Best 21

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:49 am

Managed to get up early and the Brisket is smoking away.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1208 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Brodlach » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:09 am

Love Easter morning, my lads 19 and 17 still want/demand an Easter Egg hunt. Great fun.

Happy Easter all
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Corona Man » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:06 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Managed to get up early and the Brisket is smoking away.

Just out the backyard of my new joint.... reckon my neighbour has a smoker going... smells great
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:10 pm

Corona Man wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:Managed to get up early and the Brisket is smoking away.

Just out the backyard of my new joint.... reckon my neighbour has a smoker going... smells great
Competition for ziggy

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Corona Man » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:36 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

Competition for ziggy

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Move in officially on Tuesday... between the Ziggy and some hickory on the Weber I’ve got him covered!

In other news the 3 lads out the back next door were smoking fat Cuban cigars for good measure.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby mal » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:51 am

DOCS SANFL previews

Keep up the good work
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1138 times