R2 Glenelg v WWT Saturday 1610

All discussions to do with the SANFL

R2 Glenelg v WWT Saturday 1610

Postby DOC » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:14 am

Glenelg not allowed to play before 4pm?

The only match of the round that pits two winners from the last round.

Glenelg had a hard fought win against West but pundits on here were talking 10 goals plus. WWT saw off Sturt after half time and looked the goods.

There has been a level of discourse between Bay and Eagle fans on here which I for one hope to see continue. Have a go.

Glenelg at home coming off a win would normally be favorites. Eagles having lost about 10 players from their premiership side will do very well to have replaced them.

Close one. Glenelg by a goal.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Re: R2 Glenelg v WWT Saturday 1610

Postby am Bays » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:55 am

DOC wrote:Glenelg not allowed to play before 4pm?

Glenelg had a hard fought win against West but pundits on here were talking 10 goals plus. WWT saw off Sturt after half time and looked the goods.

There has been a level of discourse between Bay and Eagle fans on here which I for one hope to see continue. Have a go.

Glenelg at home coming off a win would normally be favorites. Eagles having lost about 10 players from their premiership side will do very well to have replaced them.

Don’t expect much from Eagles fans they’re still using their dial up Kb discussing their win.

The two beers left over from Saturday should cover the five Eagles fans that rock up but we have got more lemonade in for their shandies.

We were very inconsistent last Friday. We were spoon worthy and cup worthy several times during that game.

I expect Eagles fans to be all over this site pontificating profusely Saturday night!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby MJP1993 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:04 am

am Bays wrote:
DOC wrote:Glenelg not allowed to play before 4pm?

Don’t expect much from Eagles fans they’re still using their dial up Kb discussing their win.

The two beers left over from Saturday should cover the five Eagles fans that rock up but we have got more lemonade in for their shandies.

We were very inconsistent last Friday. We were spoon worthy and cup worthy several times during that game.

I expect Eagles fans to be all over this site pontificating profusely Saturday night!

Really beer hope you’ve got coke no sugar and watch out I’m armed with my walking stick due to my knee injury
Eagles side took to the fourth to play as a team to get used to each other
Don’t under estimate this years Eagles
But a close game a very close game
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby stampy » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:38 pm

dunno bout this one, hopefully we play more than 2 qtrs this week, and that gale that was blowing to the northern end dissapates
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 331 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby whybother » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:49 pm

Weather forecast for Sat is a cool and maybe wet change. So wind prob coming from SW (Brought to you by BoM)
whybother
Under 16s

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby goddy11 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:07 am

I think the Eagles are looking at a short term ruck issue with West going down Saturday and Redden still recovering from surgery. Jack Hayes may need to do a NicNat roles . Cooler weather will help.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Mr Fuller » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:21 am

goddy11 wrote:I think the Eagles are looking at a short term ruck issue with West going down Saturday and Redden still recovering from surgery. Jack Hayes may need to do a NicNat roles . Cooler weather will help.

I thought in at least one of our trial games that they named one of our new recruits - Mills - in the ruck position. I don't know anything about him other than he seemed to have a quiet game in the reserves on the weekend. But maybe he could come in?
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby MJP1993 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:27 am

Mr Fuller wrote:
goddy11 wrote:I think the Eagles are looking at a short term ruck issue with West going down Saturday and Redden still recovering from surgery. Jack Hayes may need to do a NicNat roles . Cooler weather will help.

I thought in at least one of our trial games that they named one of our new recruits - Mills - in the ruck position. I don't know anything about him other than he seemed to have a quiet game in the reserves on the weekend. But maybe he could come in?

I thought Mills was good down back last week in the seconds .
How about Michael’s coming in he is a ruck man .
And Morgan into the forward line as a small forward . There was a number 30 last week in the seconds that played well to can’t find his name another small forward.
MJP1993
Under 18s

Postby goddy11 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:39 am

MJP1993 wrote:
Mr Fuller wrote:

And Morgan into the forward line as a small forward . There was a number 30 last week in the seconds that played well to can’t find his name another small forward.

That was Zane Williams. He will be in the mix. Kicked 3 in the 2's. Sam Michael had a few possessions about the ground. Dont know much about him other than he come up from the U18's.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Postby MJP1993 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:07 am

goddy11 wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:
Mr Fuller wrote:

That was Zane Williams. He will be in the mix. Kicked 3 in the 2's. Sam Michael had a few possessions about the ground. Dont know much about him other than he come up from the U18's.

I think Michael played the odd game last year
Zane Williams that’s him pretty good
A few others in the seconds showed glimpses in that win
MJP1993
Under 18s

Postby ferret » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:15 am

Mr Fuller wrote:

Mills played one trial game as a ruck, didn't impress in this position, but for the sake of not messing too much with the set up I think it will be a straight swap Mills for West. Hayes to do more rucking. I think Zane Williams is well ahead of Harry Morgan for a forward spot. Would like to see Mitch Hardie get a game.
Sam Michael a bit short for a league ruckman and doesn't jump that much, although he plays well in the reserves, in his favour is that he is a ruckman. This is his third year out of the U18s.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 136 times

Postby DOC » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:33 pm

GLENELG

Glenelg will be forced into one change ahead of its contest against the Eagles at ACH Group Stadium.

Talented wingman Billy Stretch was unable to recover from the ankle injury he sustained in the first half of Round 1.

The former Melbourne Demon could be replaced by a trio of potential debutants in Brady Searle, (19, 188cm and 88kg) Cooper Horsnell (18, 175cm and 69kg) and Will Chandler (19, 183cm and 74kg).

League

F: Motlop, McBean, Hosie

HF: Reynolds, Pink, Bailey

C: Martini, B. Turner, Kuller

HB: Bradley, Durdin, Virgin

B: Park, Proud, Curran

R: Hannath, Snook, Allen

INT: Kluske, Partington, Chandler, Wisdom, McCarthy, Horsnell, Searle

IN: Searle, McCarthy, Horsnell, Chandler

OUT: Stretch (ankle)

NEW: Brady Searle (Plympton), Cooper Horsnell (Henley), Will Chandler (Corowa)

Reserves
Crompton, Cole, Condon, Dowling, Edwards, G. Turner, Holder, Kitschke, Landt, McDonnell, Minchin, Moore, Murphy, Newman, Robins, Scharenberg, Schott, Weir, Wanganeen, Yates

Under-18
Tunkin, Window, Lovelock, Stagg, Gluyas, Nicotra, Durant, Scannell, Owens, Edwards, Brokensha, Trevena, McInnes, Murdock, Burtt, Rayson, Wiseman, Harding, McGary, Watts, Adams, Dewhirst, Kaeslar, Porter, Ryan

EAGLES

Eagles premiership ruckman Jarrad Redden could make a timely return for the clash with Glenelg at ACH Group Stadium.

The former Power giant, who could replace injured Jordan West, has been included in the 24-man squad with fellow inclusions Zane Williams and Mitchell Hardie.

Recruited from the Canberra Demons, Hardie (23, 186cm and 86kg) is named on the extended interchange which will be trimmed by two before the bounce.

League

F: Lonergan, D. Menzel, Poole

HF: T. Menzel, Von Bertouch, Cameron

C: Tsitas, K. Mutch, Pudney

HB: Seymour, Thompson, Toumpas

B: McFarlane, Giuffreda, Mead

R: Hayes, Sinor, Knight

INT: Firns, Jungfer, Hardie, Lehmann, Redden, Williams

IN: Redden, Hardie, Williams

OUT: West (knee)

NEW: Mitchell Hardie (Canberra Demons)

Reserves
Mills, Haylock, Moore, Kerrish, Beecken, R Mutch, Schmusch, Bruce, Gaffney, Sharman, Morgan, Dawkins, Pearce, Michael, McLeod, Hoile, Buck, Litster, Kasianowicz, Jackson, Wollogorang, Wheare

Under-18
F: Nicholls, Lukac, Dwyer
HF: Neumann, Cooke, Pearce
C: O’Reilly, Calvett, Watson
HB: Thomson, Menta, Phillipou
B: Mitzithras, Ueding, Branford

R: Hunter-Price, Burgoyne, D’Aloia
INT: Barkla, Carter, Harnas, Launer, Mansell, Murphy, Williams
DOC
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:50 am

Whats the first name of the Morgan playing reserves for the Eagles.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby am Bays » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:11 am

whufc wrote:Whats the first name of the Morgan playing reserves for the Eagles.

Harry, ex Glenelg junior from our Henley Beach zone ;)

squad member for our 2016,18s

Was at Port Magpies as a top up player for the last two years IIRC
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:30 am

WWT by 3 goals
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Spargo » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:40 am

am Bays wrote:

Had a stint at Westies too.
Been at the Eagles a few years now.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5459 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby am Bays » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:44 am

Spargo wrote:
am Bays wrote:

Had a stint at Westies too.
Been at the Eagles a few years now.

Good kid, I hope he does well.
am Bays
Coach

Postby am Bays » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:44 am

gazzamagoo wrote:WWT by 3 goals

I want to call bullsh!t but I think you might be right.

Eagles too consistent for mine ATM
am Bays
Coach

Postby DOC » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:42 am

PREMIERSHIP Eagle Chris Hall has reunited with his flag coach Michael Godden and joined Adelaide’s SANFL team.

Mutually departing Woodville-West Torrens this week after playing 183 games and kicking 129 goals in two stints at the club from 2008-20, the 30-year-old wingman has been named in the Crows side to play West Adelaide at Richmond Oval tomorrow.

“Chris was looking for another opportunity and with where we’re at (with injuries) at the moment, he’ll be really valuable,’’ said Godden, who was in charge at Oval Avenue when Hall played in the Eagles’ 2011 premiership side.

“I loved coaching Hally at the Eagles and he’ll be very good in helping the 10-to-15 guys we have who haven’t played a lot of league footy.

“We encouraged Chris to continue at the Eagles, but he wants to play league footy and we need players like him.’’

Hall was drafted from the Eagles by Fremantle at pick 77 in 2008, but he failed to play an AFL game in two years there.

Woodville-West Torrens chief executive Luke Powell said the decision to let Hall go was tough, but was made in the best interests of both parties as he currently was not in the club’s best 22.

“Chris’ football exploits have always seen him be a club and fan favourite, but, more importantly, his biggest impression that he will leave has been as an exceptional teammate, both on and off the field,’’ Powell said.

“We thank him for his wonderful contribution to the Eagles and wish him all the best with his endeavours in his next chapter.”

The Eagles, who won last year’s premiership and beat Sturt in Round 1, have also cut ties with former Port Adelaide pair Louis Sharrad and Tom Gray
DOC
Coach

Postby goddy11 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:52 am

DOC wrote:PREMIERSHIP Eagle Chris Hall has reunited with his flag coach Michael Godden and joined Adelaide’s SANFL team.

Mutually departing Woodville-West Torrens this week after playing 183 games and kicking 129 goals in two stints at the club from 2008-20, the 30-year-old wingman has been named in the Crows side to play West Adelaide at Richmond Oval tomorrow.

“Chris was looking for another opportunity and with where we’re at (with injuries) at the moment, he’ll be really valuable,’’ said Godden, who was in charge at Oval Avenue when Hall played in the Eagles’ 2011 premiership side.

“I loved coaching Hally at the Eagles and he’ll be very good in helping the 10-to-15 guys we have who haven’t played a lot of league footy.

“We encouraged Chris to continue at the Eagles, but he wants to play league footy and we need players like him.’’

Hall was drafted from the Eagles by Fremantle at pick 77 in 2008, but he failed to play an AFL game in two years there.

Woodville-West Torrens chief executive Luke Powell said the decision to let Hall go was tough, but was made in the best interests of both parties as he currently was not in the club’s best 22.

“Chris’ football exploits have always seen him be a club and fan favourite, but, more importantly, his biggest impression that he will leave has been as an exceptional teammate, both on and off the field,’’ Powell said.

“We thank him for his wonderful contribution to the Eagles and wish him all the best with his endeavours in his next chapter.”

The Eagles, who won last year’s premiership and beat Sturt in Round 1, have also cut ties with former Port Adelaide pair Louis Sharrad and Tom Gray

Well done Hally to continue. 17 games require to join 200 club. Hope you make it.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL