8%
Tea Tree Gully
No votes
Unley Mercedes Jets
3%

Total votes : 36

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 1

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:04 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Brighton 16-18 (114) d TTG 12-7 (79)

Brighton were 14 points up at 3/4 time and finished strongly. I must admit the condition of TTG Oval gets better with every visit. Superbly presented on Saturday.

Thanks mate.

Yeah, it's an absolute picture for the first half of the season generally.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:44 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Brighton 16-18 (114) d TTG 12-7 (79)

Brighton were 14 points up at 3/4 time and finished strongly. I must admit the condition of TTG Oval gets better with every visit. Superbly presented on Saturday.

So are the pies n pasties and jugs of beer at half time
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby jo172 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:50 pm

PNU over a Brighton by 5 goals. Another 3 men behind the ball from both sides snooze fest

On the positive the upgrade to Brighton's club rooms is tremendous. Well worth the wait.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Down the Hill » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:46 pm

PNU 11-13 to Brighton 7-12 so closer to 4 goals but yes it wasn't a great spectacle. PNU kicked the first 3 of the game and the Bombers never really challenged and probably made the scores closer than they should have been with a decent finish. Well done to PNU.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby jo172 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:55 pm

I suspect an interesting anomaly with PNU, TTG and Brighton all playing each other the first three weeks and the away side getting up in each
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:32 pm

With my mob playing tomorrow I thought I’d get my Div 1 fix today. Baulderstone absolutely dominated with Bartlett being a major beneficiary (Seriously good player) - Thought Osborn was very good for Brighton. Incredibly congested match but when Brighton pulled the trigger and backed in blokes to win the 1 on 1 instead of chipping around half back (only to lose it) they seemed far more dangerous up forward.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:36 pm

Brighton’s set up is dead set first class. An incredibly well run football club and fantastic facility. Enjoyed the day...
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby jo172 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:29 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Brighton’s set up is dead set first class. An incredibly well run football club and fantastic facility. Enjoyed the day...

New clubhouse leader for the comp (pardon the pun(

Better set up than Rostrevor with proximity of bar/viewing area to oval. Still can't believe the council shelled out for three sporting club buildings on the same site
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:33 am

jo172 wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Brighton’s set up is dead set first class. An incredibly well run football club and fantastic facility. Enjoyed the day...

Better set up than Rostrevor with proximity of bar/viewing area to oval. Still can't believe the council shelled out for three sporting club buildings on the same site

Maybe D1. Lockleys set up for me is the best.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Pag » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:09 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
jo172 wrote:

Heccies new setup is quality too.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby jo172 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:14 pm

Well aware this is a nation wide issue but Sportspulse sucks
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Armchair expert » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:46 pm

jo172 wrote:Well aware this is a nation wide issue but Sportspulse sucks

Was fine until this season

even Mycricket doesn't **** up as bad as this
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:53 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
jo172 wrote:

I haven't seen Brighton or Lockleys yet
I was at ROCS yesterday and it was grand. You have a fantastic 2 story structure one side and cars the other
It's just a shame PAOC cant get the ACC to agree to their redevelopment.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby BigB » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:28 am

Armchair expert wrote:
jo172 wrote:Well aware this is a nation wide issue but Sportspulse sucks

Was fine until this season

even Mycricket doesn't **** up as bad as this

Too much data used on the ads.. ;) - Murdoch owned I think.
BigB

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Down the Hill » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:22 am

jo172 wrote:

Council definitely floated a single clubroom like a Marion Community Club but the clubs convinced them that the existing set up of separate football/cricket, lacrosse and rugby was the only option particularly with the main spectator activity being all winter. Each of the 4 clubs is either the biggest or close to biggest (as far as participants) for their sport in the state. Building all 3 new clubrooms at the same time with virtually the same design and materials would have been a significant cost saver.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:47 pm

Down the Hill wrote:
jo172 wrote:

Council definitely floated a single clubroom like a Marion Community Club but the clubs convinced them that the existing set up of separate football/cricket, lacrosse and rugby was the only option particularly with the main spectator activity being all winter. Each of the 4 clubs is either the biggest or close to biggest (as far as participants) for their sport in the state. Building all 3 new clubrooms at the same time with virtually the same design and materials would have been a significant cost saver.

Are you allowed to hang photos on the wall? I'm coming across far too many of these new developments where council won't allow memorabilia, which is just garbage.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:12 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:
jo172 wrote:

Are you allowed to hang photos on the wall? I'm coming across far too many of these new developments where council won't allow memorabilia, which is just garbage.

It is garbage. Honour boards, premiership team and individual photos are the heart and soul of a club and this history can't be lost. I think the compromise is to have a digital honour board, but it's not the same in my opinion. I noticed this at PHOS Camden last year. Nice new facility, but very sterile without honour boards and photos. Walkerville will have a digital honour board at there new palace.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby bandar » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:37 pm

Not sure what the rules are with other developments but at PHOS Camden not being able to put up stuff was actually to do with there being a 12 month period to do with warrantee or similar. We could start to put stuff up last year but had other things to worry about. Things are starting to go up now and we have gone down the digital honour board route. This is as much to do with wall space as anything else.
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

Postby Down the Hill » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:07 pm

For many years we've had a separate body that oversees the operation of the Sports & Social Club. That remains in place. This means Council has less say than what it appears some new builds are dealing with. Our previous clubroooms were a bit of a dogs breakfast with honour boards, photos etc. Brighton Cricket Club has done a better job with that stuff. The footy, cricket and social clubs have agreed to not rush into things because much like PHOS Camden we have other priorities with fully settling into the new digs. The footy club doesn't really have anything suitable that is ready to hang and would have to start from scratch with a traditional honour board. We digitised all photos, pennants etc. when we packed up the old rooms with a plan to display our history in a similar manner to PHOS Camden. We had a delegation recently visit Camden and are quite impressed with how they have gone about it.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Postby Pag » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:32 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:
jo172 wrote:

This. Feel like I’ve walked into a couple of beige function rooms for hire rather than football clubrooms over the last 12 months.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League