R4 Centrals v Adelaide 2.10Pm Saturday

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R4 Centrals v Adelaide 2.10Pm Saturday

Postby JK » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:55 pm

StrayDog wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:Nice to see Connor McLean named in the league side hope he gets a decent run at it.Theres no doubt he can play just has to get himself right to be a really good player at league level.Probably shouldnt be but worried about this game a lot of posters saying that we will win and Adelaide arent that good but it just worries me that we could lose and that would be disappointing.Would like to see Marsh rest up forward like he did a bit against North to give us a little more height .Hope Chris Olsson can find the board playing as a small forward he hasnt scored in the opening 3 games like the way he plays so hopefully he can impact the score.Very much a danger game i reckon .

It would be very deflating if we lost, but at least we wouldn't have to put up with Groucho's bleating.

The first, correct. The second...aaah...who? :neutral:

Harpo, Chico, Gummo & Zeppo's brother
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby southernbulldog » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:08 pm

Very disappointing loss .We are way to small physically & height wise and will continue to struggle because of it .Dont know what happened to McLean but Montgomerie didnt look good at all .
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Hazydog » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:30 pm

Would be interested in knowing if we knew that Frampton was playing when we selected our team. I didn’t pick up too much media comment about potentially being dropped but as it turns out he was BOG by that much it wasn’t funny and we had no-one close to being a decent matchup for him. His first opponent was Tom Graham who it quickly became apparent was out of his depth. The sanfl app has them at 200cm & 196cm respectively but the difference in height looked a lot more that. Montgomerie at 190 can was then deployed and was doing slightly better til he went off before half time with a knee...I think Morton at 185 drew the short straw after that with Hoskin also sent back into defence (his foot skills and ability to transition out of defence would have been noted by the coaching team. Throw in McLean getting concussed and playing no further part after 10 mins or so and then Templeton not able to continue after 3/4 time and it was a decent effort to almost hit the front early in the last before being run over in the last 10 mins...
I thought Habel was our best, along with J Schiller(T Schiller badly missed) and Presbury. Grace did well to snag 5 goals particularly given McLeans early exit.
A long year ahead fighting outside of our weight division...
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 190 times

Postby southernbulldog » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:36 pm

The other problem is we have no one in the reserves with any size to come in, they were to small as well and got belted.
southernbulldog
Reserves

Postby whufc » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:17 pm

The lack of size has been an issue for 5 years, the club needs to take the blame for that.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby southernbulldog » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:31 pm

Absolutely
southernbulldog
Reserves

Postby TDJ44 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:27 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:
whufc wrote:Would want to win this one.....

Massive game for the Dogs. Great for the first 6 quarters of the year, ordinary for the next 6 quarters of the year.

Just going off the socials there is starting to get a little bit of unrest amongst supporters, even ex officials jumping off board especially regarding players leaving. Personally I think to many supporters had to high expectations of the team and bought into the clubs theory that our squad was a heap better than it is.

Hopefully we win well, get 2-2 and continue to have a crack at making finals for as long as we can.

whufc if your Dogs can’t beat Adelaide I’d be shocked .
What I saw of Adelaide last week most seconds teams could beat them .

I would agree with that. Amateur league standard.........which isn't surprising since that is what many of those players are

So most seconds teams would beat us then after todays loss.
TDJ44
Under 16s

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby StrayDog » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:16 am

TDJ44 wrote:
Mr Fuller wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:

I would agree with that. Amateur league standard.........which isn't surprising since that is what many of those players are

In fairness, the side these blokes saw might not have had a two metre, 90 kilo, freshly dropped fringe AFL ruck-forward, trying to impress for senior regularity with his new AFL club, putting in a best on ground performance for their Reserves with 12 marks (nine contested) in 19 touches for seven goals.

Just a guess.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby MJP1993 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:01 am

StrayDog wrote:
TDJ44 wrote:
Mr Fuller wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:

In fairness, the side these blokes saw might not have had a two metre, 90 kilo, freshly dropped fringe AFL ruck-forward, trying to impress for senior regularity with his new AFL club, putting in a best on ground performance for their Reserves with 12 marks (nine contested) in 19 touches for seven goals.

Just a guess.

I’ll put my hand up no Frampton last week . However our biggest tallest ruckman played seconds footy . Somehow the smaller ruck was able to be like an extra midfielder. Or the Eagles got the ball out of centre easy . But no Frampton he used to destroy the eagles when he played for port .
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Hazydog » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:14 pm

In better news the sun came up this morning..and in the light of a new day.. yes Patterson may have been a better match up for Frampton...however if it was Billy that got concussed in the first 10 minutes, McAsey that got injured just before half time and McKay that couldn’t return after 3/4 time... and we had 4 fit players on the bench... then it may well have been a different result. (Not suggesting Connor was going to replicate Frampton by the way ... but I think you probably get my drift...
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 190 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:49 pm

Central are just lucky Thilthorpe made his debut for the As this weekend!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby whufc » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:20 pm

Some times it better to say nothing at all! :?
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby StrayDog » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:54 pm

MJP1993 wrote:
StrayDog wrote:In fairness, the side these blokes** saw might not have had a two metre, 90 kilo, freshly dropped fringe AFL ruck-forward, trying to impress for senior regularity with his new AFL club, putting in a best on ground performance for their Reserves with 12 marks (nine contested) in 19 touches for seven goals.

Just a guess.

** MJP1993 and Mr Fuller

I’ll put my hand up no Frampton last week . However our biggest tallest ruckman played seconds footy . Somehow the smaller ruck was able to be like an extra midfielder. Or the Eagles got the ball out of centre easy . But no Frampton he used to destroy the eagles when he played for port .

I wasn't having a go at you blokes, far from it. You can only go with what you know at the time. :)

Play on.

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:55 pm

Positives,
we didn't give in, even with the injuries we still kicked 12 goals & now have a young, fit forward who can kick goals.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby StrayDog » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:55 am

gazzamagoo wrote:Positives,
we didn't give in, even with the injuries we still kicked 12 goals & now have a young, fit forward who can kick goals.

Yep. The fight is there, Aiden just a goal off the leader, and Elvis with 105 disposals to date.

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Postby StrayDog » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:07 pm

Wedgie wrote:Central are just lucky Thilthorpe made his debut for the As this weekend!

Well, we're sitting one and three and a game off the five. So probably luckier it wasn't South or the Eagles we drew first up. ;)

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL