Adelaide

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide 2021

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:54 pm

Brodlach wrote:So who genuinely thought we’d be 3-1 after four weeks?

I didn't give it that much consideration to be honest but it wasn't outside the realms as Gold Coast and North were at worst 50/50 and nobody saw Sydney coming like they have so 3-1 with the loss being Geelong wouldn't have been completely absurd to have suggested.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:56 pm

Brodlach wrote:Both Gold Coast and North smacked us last year
Both were early on weren’t they.
Think the Crows showed enough in the last few rounds to suggest they wouldn’t win the spoon this year
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:10 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Both Gold Coast and North smacked us last year
Both were early on weren’t they.
Think the Crows showed enough in the last few rounds to suggest they wouldn’t win the spoon this year

Gold Coast round 3 and North in round 9 when Adelaide hit rock bottom.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:07 pm

Can’t believe after the weekend this hasn’t been bought up, bit disappointed in you BC

Bum Crack wrote:How terrible are North? Can't believe the die hards were tryimg to say they had more upside than the Crows. Ack!!!
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:33 am

Brodlach wrote:Can’t believe after the weekend this hasn’t been bought up, bit disappointed in you BC

Bum Crack wrote:How terrible are North? Can't believe the die hards were tryimg to say they had more upside than the Crows. Ack!!!

I'm zipping it. We have em this week lol.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:25 am

Seems the Crows have learnt nothing in regards to telling the truth to their fans and the media. The way they have handled the medical sub fiasco is an absolute joke. Both Adam Kelly and Matthew Nicks have had the chance to own it but have let down the club yet again!

How can you even justify what happen, even say you may do it the same way this week. Please!! They are a total embarrassment, and the supporters deserve better than to be treated like fools. Hope the media keep going at them till they admit it was a massive f/up which I think did cause them to lose the match in the end.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:28 am

Eagles2014 wrote:Seems the Crows have learnt nothing in regards to telling the truth to their fans and the media. The way they have handled the medical sub fiasco is an absolute joke. Both Adam Kelly and Matthew Nicks have had the chance to own it but have let down the club yet again!

How can you even justify what happen, even say you may do it the same way this week. Please!! They are a total embarrassment, and the supporters deserve better than to be treated like fools. Hope the media keep going at them till they admit it was a massive f/up which I think did cause them to lose the match in the end.

I don't know why you'd have Lynch as the 12th man anyway, unless they didn't have confidence in Tex getting through, or they had a plan to rest him if they felt they had a decent stronghold on the game.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby tigerpie » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:50 am

I would've thought the sub would be fully kitted up, do the warm etc, just as a normal player would.
Jogging on the boundary every so often, so if there's an injury he's good to go as soon as its established that someone has a game ending injury.
Pretty unprofessional to have a bloke rushing to get ready.
Nicks said that Lynch isn't injured, then went on to say he's taking pain killers?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby whufc » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:21 am

Eagles2014 wrote:Seems the Crows have learnt nothing in regards to telling the truth to their fans and the media. The way they have handled the medical sub fiasco is an absolute joke. Both Adam Kelly and Matthew Nicks have had the chance to own it but have let down the club yet again!

I hate the Crows as much as the next guy but personally I think the biggest issue was who the sub was rather than how the sub came onto the field.

End of day Lynch shouldn't of been the sub, they had fitter options available but...………

Ultimately the sub doesn't know if they are going to go on or not...….yes he should have been strapped as if he was going to go on but you think of a player who was starting and they would have had massage, rub down, certain stretches, certain ball skill warm ups within 15 minutes of going out onto the oval. Keeping in mind he didn't come on until the fourth quarter he has literally sat on the bench for almost 2 hours from doing an initial warm up. A jog on the boundary isn't going to cut the mustard given how strenuous warm up the starters would do 15 minutes before a game. Same as pain killers, you don't want to take them 2 hours before even getting on.

I can understand why a team would trial given a player an extended period to get ready to go on, to try and replicate the normal gameday experience never mind the fact he needs to mentally get his head in the game. I'm sure if we were on the bench for that long at times our mental playing focus would drift off.

I think this year we will see clubs trial different ways of introducing the sub to try and maximise their performance once out there. Keep in mind this is different from the last time we had subs in the AFL which were strategical and you could pre plan when a players was going to be introduced etc.
Last edited by whufc on Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:23 am

Given the transformation under Olsen in recent months has been the opposite, clear, open, honest, the initial statement was bullshit. Nicks comments late yesterday were better, took ownership and acknowledged they got it wrong.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Kahuna » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:46 am

Booney wrote:Given the transformation under Olsen in recent months has been the opposite, clear, open, honest,

Never thought I'd ever see a sentence like that.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:18 pm

Side question - are warm ups overrated/not required?

We see the sub come on to the ground and just start playing. Makes me think the warm ups don't need to be performed any more.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby cracka » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:20 pm

whufc wrote:

I hate the Crows as much as the next guy but personally I think the biggest issue was who the sub was rather than how the sub came onto the field.

End of day Lynch shouldn't of been the sub, they had fitter options available but...………

Ultimately the sub doesn't know if they are going to go on or not...….yes he should have been strapped as if he was going to go on but you think of a player who was starting and they would have had massage, rub down, certain stretches, certain ball skill warm ups within 15 minutes of going out onto the oval. Keeping in mind he didn't come on until the fourth quarter he has literally sat on the bench for almost 2 quarters from doing an initial warm up. A jog on the boundary isn't going to cut the mustard given how strenuous warm up the starters would do 15 minutes before a game. Same as pain killers, you don't want to take them 2 hours before even getting on.

I can understand why a team would trial given a player an extended period to get ready to go on, to try and replicate the normal gameday experience never mind the fact he needs to mentally get his head in the game. I'm sure if we were on the bench for that long at times our mental playing focus would drift off.

I think this year we will see clubs trial different ways of introducing the sub to try and maximise their performance once out there. Keep in mind this is different from the last time we had subs in the AFL which were strategical and you could pre plan when a players was going to be introduced etc.

Tex said on radio this morning that the Hawthorn sub actually took longer to get ready. Not sure if correct
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:27 pm

cracka wrote:Tex said on radio this morning that the Hawthorn sub actually took longer to get ready. Not sure if correct

Yeah, it was during the half time break.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby MW » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:34 pm

Who gives a shit about the sub, we shat the bed having a decent lead at half time that should be the focal point. Lynch sub was not the difference. We were f..king it up all through the 3rd qu also before Hamill got injured.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:58 pm

Most crows supporters on social media blamed the SANFL for not allowing the medical sub to play in two games on the same weekend :o
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby someguy1 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:58 am

Holy shit Roo was right for once, McAsey signs on
someguy1
Under 16s

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby stan » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:57 am

someguy1 wrote:Holy shit Roo was right for once, McAsey signs on
Well done Adelaide. Everyone was saying he was gone etc etc.
But the crows signed him, that's a good effort from them.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby MW » Thu May 13, 2021 1:22 pm

Tex being rested this week... *looking for popcorn*
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times