Port Adelaide 2021

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2021

Postby mots02 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:53 pm

Booney wrote:
am Bays wrote:
Booney wrote:You certainly couldn’t say Port are humming along at the moment, feels like we’re a long way off it

If you call humming along in 3rd gear “a long way off it”, mate, you need to give yourself an uppercut

I put the review together pretty quickly this morning mate, I know how much everyone loves them. Funny though, when we got rolled I made people wait for it, the other 5 matches I was much more keen. Reckon I got called out as a front runner too. :lol:

EFA
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 877 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby valleys07 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:10 pm

mots02 wrote:
Booney wrote:
am Bays wrote:
Booney wrote:You certainly couldn’t say Port are humming along at the moment, feels like we’re a long way off it

If you call humming along in 3rd gear “a long way off it”, mate, you need to give yourself an uppercut

I put the review together pretty quickly this morning mate, I know how much everyone loves them. Funny though, when we got rolled I made people wait for it, the other 5 matches I was much more keen. Reckon I got called out as a front runner too. :lol:

EFA

3 x reviews posted Monday post game, 3 x reviews posted Tuesday post game. 1 Loss.

"The other 5 matches I was much more keen". Cool story, bro.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby mots02 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:26 pm

valleys07 wrote:
mots02 wrote:
Booney wrote:
am Bays wrote:

EFA

3 x reviews posted Monday post game, 3 x reviews posted Tuesday post game. 1 Loss.

"The other 5 matches I was much more keen". Cool story, bro.

Cool stats, bro.
mots02
League - Top 5

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:30 pm

am Bays wrote:

Humming along nicely the flag favs from Alberton. Almost feels like it is theirs to lose from here. Richmond are in turmoil after the weekend
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11840 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby stan » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:34 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
am Bays wrote:

Humming along nicely the flag favs from Alberton. Almost feels like it is theirs to lose from here. Richmond are in turmoil after the weekend
I reckon Melbourne and WB look better at the moment.

Richmond thrive on this stuff. They'll come good.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Dirty dog » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:51 pm

Booney wrote:You certainly couldn’t say Port are humming along at the moment, feels like we’re a long way off it which makes the win over St Kilda either quite satisfying for Port fans or down right rancid for St’s fans. The lack of effort from the St Kilda side at times was so apparent, damning viewing in the match review for them today. On the flip side the Port review will be mostly about the even contribution across the board. All played well. A couple stood out though.

Early going the Saints offered some fight, you’d expect them too given the bake they got in the media in the last week or two and with 18 I50’s to 7 at ¼ time they looked to have the ascendency, if not for the fact Port had kicked 4.1 from the 7 entries and St Kilda has blazed away with 1.4. They certainly had their opportunities but at the pointy end for Port the signs for St Kilda were ominous. The ease of Ports entries and ability to score was apparent and it was only a matter of time before the Port mids got going and when the I50’s evened up, they were always bound to, the scoreboard would then reflect this. It did.

In the first half hour though it was the skipper Tom Jonas who stood tall across the back 50 often thwarting the St Kilda entries, he then got away from the zone to offer an avenue out of defence and racked up some career high numbers, he had 8 marks ( 3 intercept ) at ¼ time. Attaboy skip.

By ¾ time Port had put another 7 goals on the board, St Kilda just 2 and the middle half of the game was dominated by the home team. Led by Karl Amon in the first half (26 touches at half time) and Steve Motlop with 3 first half goals the Pear looked far more dangerous in attack and far more skilled, the ball use by Port was stymied at times by the St Kilda zone defence but that just gave the likes of Amon, Houston, Burton, Boak, Byrne-Jones, Hartlett, Jonas ( 15 marks ), debutant Frederick, Aliir and ruckman Lycett ( yes, all of them ) to amass 20 or more possessions each. 314 uncontested possessions to 173, 157 marks to 91. It was keepies off like you did with the little brother/sister in the back yard. Only thing was St Kilda’s mum wasn’t there to come out and demand every one play fair.

I didn’t mention Ollie Wines in the number crunch above, his 36 touches ( 13 contested ), 7 I50’s, 8 clearances, 7 mark, 5 tackle game rightly won him the Peter Badcoe VC Medal for best on ground in our annual Anzac Day game. No more deserving winner. Those of you who read through my ramblings each week know how keen I’ve been on Wines’ form this year, right now he should be getting spoken about in the upper echelon of inside midfielders in the competition. His numbers this year are elite, they’re career high and it’s clear the end of 2020 and full preseason has him in the best shape he’s been in and he, and the side, is better for it.

Another notable performance on Sunday night was that of debutant Martin Frederick, a young guy who after being drafted in 2018 as a Cat B rookie from WWT has come into the senior side and looked right at home. The likes of Drew, Frederick, Bergman, Woodcock all bide their time in the SANFL waiting for an opportunity and they’ve all grasped it when it has come along. Frederick looked cool under pressure, confident in his run to take the opposition on and right at home at AFL level.

Could put up the old U8’s “All played well” sign on the weekend, Wines would get the Happy Meal voucher, Amon the hot dog at the canteen and Frederick the coaches encouragement award.

Boon’s best – Wines, Jonas, Amon, Houston, Motlop, Burton, Frederick

Wines is the new Voss
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:32 am

Wouldn't that be nice!

Voss had outside game to go with his inside game that Wines doesn't have.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby redden whites » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:41 pm

Did I just see a grab from Ken Hinkley saying " Sam Power-Pepper showed elite teamcare on the weekend in the SANFL"?

My god, the game at the highest level is a total wankfest.
redden whites
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:44 pm

redden whites wrote:Did I just see a grab from Ken Hinkley saying " Sam Power-Pepper showed elite teamcare on the weekend in the SANFL"?

I bet he wasn’t saying that when he missed training..............
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:15 pm

redden whites wrote:Did I just see a grab from Ken Hinkley saying " Sam Power-Pepper showed elite teamcare on the weekend in the SANFL"?

Close, but Brett Ratten said this morning that St Kilda "don't get the scoreboard nourishment other clubs do". :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mots02 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:55 am

Booney wrote:

Close, but Brett Ratten said this morning that St Kilda "don't get the scoreboard nourishment other clubs do". :lol:

North Melbourne in the middle of a scoreboard famine then.
mots02
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:01 pm

Boak out. SPP in.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:38 pm

Booney wrote:Boak out. SPP in.

Barring injuries, Rockliff is finished then I assume considering SPP got the nod instead.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:50 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

Barring injuries, Rockliff is finished then I assume considering SPP got the nod instead.

Say so, Wines, Boak, Drew all in the side, Amon spending time in the middle, Rozee, Gray, Butters when he's back and now SPP in ahead of him, he's a long way back.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:50 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

Was he the sub in round 1?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:00 pm

Yep and round 2.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:41 pm

Booney wrote:Yep and round 2.

Oh, I still think he has a lot to offer, we must be in good steed if he's in the stands watching.

Not many players would go to the scrap yard averaging over 7 tackles per game for your last 11 games.

He has been very serviceable to us since we began using him correctly, picked up a BOG in his last full minor round game.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:26 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Oh, I still think he has a lot to offer, we must be in good steed if he's in the stands watching.

Not many players would go to the scrap yard averaging over 7 tackles per game for your last 11 games.

He has been very serviceable to us since we began using him correctly, picked up a BOG in his last full minor round game.

Early last year I spoke about not playing Wines, SPP and Rocky in the one side, before long it looked like that was our best bet and it kept us on top of the table. 6 months on and it looks completely different again. Reflective of the depth in our squad I reckon, the coaching group would have about 5 different best 22's if you asked them I think.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:33 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Sides allow Rockliff to rack them up as he doesn’t hurt you when he has it.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun May 02, 2021 10:49 am

Report in 3...2....1
Might even read it this week
Will Kochy get part of the blame?
Can Ken still coach?
Will Hartlett cop it, he single handedly changed the game, is his career over?
Was Fantasia worth the 2nd round pick?

Stay tuned, these questions and more to be answered sometime this week
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL