Things that you don't understand

Anything!

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby Booney » Tue May 11, 2021 3:38 pm

MONSFAW
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 58367
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 11, 2021 3:48 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
Booney wrote:You might have seen Rik E Boy too.

mebbe, what's he look like

REB.JPG
REB.JPG (22.44 KiB) Viewed 2121 times
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 16377
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Location: BarbeeCueAria
Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby DOC » Tue May 11, 2021 4:06 pm

Booney wrote:MONSFAW


It's been replaced at the urging of the club welfare officer to

We Are Norwood Keep Every Redleg Safe.
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 17976
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 731 times
Been liked: 2086 times

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby Magellan » Wed May 12, 2021 7:09 am

Pseudo wrote:
am Bays wrote:Been meaning to post this and it could go in the restaurants thread

What I dont understand is how can you go to a pub on a Sunday lunchtime and on a Wednesday evening at 6:00 pm, order a Chicken Schnitzel and get told, "Sorry we've run out...."

In the words of MT79, Dollys Bar Leanyer Darwin, BANNED!!!


I've been to a particular chicken shop at around 7 PM of a weeknight evening to be told "sorry, we've run out of chickens". This has happened more than once.

What sort of chicken shop runs out of chickens?

Sounds like the Monty Python cheese shop sketch.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
Magellan
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5981
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 1:04 pm
Location: Four Seasons Total Landscaping
Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby stampy » Sun May 16, 2021 3:36 pm

effheads wearing masks while driving...........WHY???
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8775
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:21 pm
Location: at church asking for divine intervention
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 334 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun May 16, 2021 3:52 pm

stampy wrote:effheads wearing masks while driving...........WHY???
Driving past a medi-hotel??

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 56782
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 11848 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 17, 2021 2:40 pm

I realize that I have absolutely no knowledge of the debate and would be curious to find out the following:

I was driving through Pine Point and noticed several painted signs saying "No mining, save our towns".

As an outsider, this town couldn't look any more desolate, it had a pub that looked as though it has been closed for some time, I didn't even notice a general store, I covered a fair few towns on the weekend there were some pretty much ghost towns amongst them, even Arthurton was no thriving metropolis yet it had some get up and go when I was a kid IIRC.

Wouldn't mining boost these smaller towns up and get people moving back in and shops opening once again? I know it's been talked about for a long time about the prospect of mining through the middle of the YP as it is so rich in copper.

Is the problem that they'd have to acquire the land from the farmers to do so?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 51354
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby amber_fluid » Mon May 17, 2021 5:27 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I realize that I have absolutely no knowledge of the debate and would be curious to find out the following:

I was driving through Pine Point and noticed several painted signs saying "No mining, save our towns".

As an outsider, this town couldn't look any more desolate, it had a pub that looked as though it has been closed for some time, I didn't even notice a general store, I covered a fair few towns on the weekend there were some pretty much ghost towns amongst them, even Arthurton was no thriving metropolis yet it had some get up and go when I was a kid IIRC.

Wouldn't mining boost these smaller towns up and get people moving back in and shops opening once again? I know it's been talked about for a long time about the prospect of mining through the middle of the YP as it is so rich in copper.

Is the problem that they'd have to acquire the land from the farmers to do so?


I’m no expert but getting a license to mine is complicated and very expensive.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
User avatar
amber_fluid
Coach
 
 
Posts: 13450
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 10:18 am
Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby Footy Chick » Mon May 17, 2021 6:13 pm

DOC wrote:
Booney wrote:MONSFAW


It's been replaced at the urging of the club welfare officer to

We Are Norwood Keep Every Redleg Safe.


:lol: Oh dear, 6 days for that penny to drop. That's some sort of new record, even for me :oops:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
User avatar
Footy Chick
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 26710
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: anywhere I want to be...
Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby FlyingHigh » Mon May 17, 2021 6:28 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I realize that I have absolutely no knowledge of the debate and would be curious to find out the following:

I was driving through Pine Point and noticed several painted signs saying "No mining, save our towns".

As an outsider, this town couldn't look any more desolate, it had a pub that looked as though it has been closed for some time, I didn't even notice a general store, I covered a fair few towns on the weekend there were some pretty much ghost towns amongst them, even Arthurton was no thriving metropolis yet it had some get up and go when I was a kid IIRC.

Wouldn't mining boost these smaller towns up and get people moving back in and shops opening once again? I know it's been talked about for a long time about the prospect of mining through the middle of the YP as it is so rich in copper.

Is the problem that they'd have to acquire the land from the farmers to do so?


Stand to be corrected, but I've heard the farmer only has "rights" to a certain depth of topsoil, far less that the depth plants draw moisture from. DIrty Dog?
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach
 
Posts: 4838
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:12 am
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 174 times

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby Dirty dog » Tue May 18, 2021 7:57 am

FlyingHigh wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I realize that I have absolutely no knowledge of the debate and would be curious to find out the following:

I was driving through Pine Point and noticed several painted signs saying "No mining, save our towns".

As an outsider, this town couldn't look any more desolate, it had a pub that looked as though it has been closed for some time, I didn't even notice a general store, I covered a fair few towns on the weekend there were some pretty much ghost towns amongst them, even Arthurton was no thriving metropolis yet it had some get up and go when I was a kid IIRC.

Wouldn't mining boost these smaller towns up and get people moving back in and shops opening once again? I know it's been talked about for a long time about the prospect of mining through the middle of the YP as it is so rich in copper.

Is the problem that they'd have to acquire the land from the farmers to do so?


Stand to be corrected, but I've heard the farmer only has "rights" to a certain depth of topsoil, far less that the depth plants draw moisture from. DIrty Dog?

Can’t stop them really. We are about 15km south of Paskeville and about 5 years ago we had the plane start flying over. Then a year later the drilling rigs rolled in and started drilling in the local area upsetting lots of people. Meetings, petitions, protest at Parliament House and some farmers have gone to court over it trying to stop them from just coming onto their properties. Even if they never mine anything, just having the drilling rigs and all the support crews damage paddocks and crops for ever. I’m not against mining but certainly am on valuable farming land that’s been in the same family’s for well over 100 plus years.
Stop mining on farming land!
Dirty dog
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Price pub
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 18, 2021 9:31 am

Dirty dog wrote:Can’t stop them really. We are about 15km south of Paskeville and about 5 years ago we had the plane start flying over. Then a year later the drilling rigs rolled in and started drilling in the local area upsetting lots of people. Meetings, petitions, protest at Parliament House and some farmers have gone to court over it trying to stop them from just coming onto their properties. Even if they never mine anything, just having the drilling rigs and all the support crews damage paddocks and crops for ever. I’m not against mining but certainly am on valuable farming land that’s been in the same family’s for well over 100 plus years.
Stop mining on farming land!


Thanks mate, I should've just asked you initially, that makes a lot of sense and I totally agree with you.

Very Castle-like by the sounds of it, it should be done in a respectful manner through the land owner.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 51354
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby stampy » Tue May 18, 2021 11:22 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
stampy wrote:effheads wearing masks while driving...........WHY???
Driving past a medi-hotel??

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk


unless there is one on dyson road, then no
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8775
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:21 pm
Location: at church asking for divine intervention
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 334 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby Booney » Fri May 28, 2021 3:05 pm

6'10" bloke puts round ball in round hoop and the other 6'10" blokes on the bench skip around like it's the first time it's ever happened.

I don't get it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 58367
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby Jim05 » Fri May 28, 2021 3:17 pm

Booney wrote:6'10" bloke puts round ball in round hoop and the other 6'10" blokes on the bench skip around like it's the first time it's ever happened.

I don't get it.
You really do hate any sport that isn’t football or cricket don’t you ;)
I must admit the NBA is probably my least favourite of the US “Big 4” though. We have guys at work that take sickies for playoff games
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 47130
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby Booney » Fri May 28, 2021 3:50 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:6'10" bloke puts round ball in round hoop and the other 6'10" blokes on the bench skip around like it's the first time it's ever happened.

I don't get it.
You really do hate any sport that isn’t football or cricket don’t you ;)
I must admit the NBA is probably my least favourite of the US “Big 4” though. We have guys at work that take sickies for playoff games


I watch Penrith most weeks, as much of the White Sox as I can and I've quite enjoyed the NBL I've watched this year, far better spectacle than the up and down parade the NBA is.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 58367
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby Jim05 » Fri May 28, 2021 3:56 pm

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:6'10" bloke puts round ball in round hoop and the other 6'10" blokes on the bench skip around like it's the first time it's ever happened.

I don't get it.
You really do hate any sport that isn’t football or cricket don’t you ;)
I must admit the NBA is probably my least favourite of the US “Big 4” though. We have guys at work that take sickies for playoff games


I watch Penrith most weeks, as much of the White Sox as I can and I've quite enjoyed the NBL I've watched this year, far better spectacle than the up and down parade the NBA is.
I don’t mind the NBA in patches but definitely not one who watches religiously. Helps that the Knicks suck most years so my interest isn’t great :)
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 47130
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 28, 2021 4:15 pm

Jim05 wrote:I don’t mind the NBA in patches but definitely not one who watches religiously. Helps that the Knicks suck most years so my interest isn’t great :)

I just can never find a spare 45 minutes to watch the last 3 mins of the 4th period.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 51354
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby whufc » Mon May 31, 2021 12:25 pm

Booney wrote:6'10" bloke puts round ball in round hoop and the other 6'10" blokes on the bench skip around like it's the first time it's ever happened.

I don't get it.


Come on, this stuff has hit all sports.

I mean geez we have blokes becoming 'cult' heroes because they kick a goal from 25m out directly in front and can then pretend to shoot a make believe bow and arrow in the air, despite it being the first quarter of game.

It's all about the 'show' and the 'hype' in all sports now.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 27529
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby Booney » Mon May 31, 2021 12:37 pm

whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:6'10" bloke puts round ball in round hoop and the other 6'10" blokes on the bench skip around like it's the first time it's ever happened.

I don't get it.


Come on, this stuff has hit all sports.

I mean geez we have blokes becoming 'cult' heroes because they kick a goal from 25m out directly in front and can then pretend to shoot a make believe bow and arrow in the air, despite it being the first quarter of game.

It's all about the 'show' and the 'hype' in all sports now.


Image

Sit the f*ck down.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 58367
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Pseudo and 27 guests

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |