Great Southern Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby ball breaker » Fri May 14, 2021 9:37 pm

limb wrote:Pandora's can of worms has just been cracked open.

Cmon Limb..... u r better than this .... sounds like the usual keyboard warriors "I believe" "I think" ... none of us know the actual story. From my sources is they (MCFC) followed the correct process the whole time. The followed a grievance process by the book. Are they not entitled to it??

I'm sure u have been involved in clubs that have done a hell of a lot worse .....

By the looks at some of the people commenting on u here u all have skeletons in your closet.
ball breaker
Under 16s

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri May 14, 2021 11:34 pm

ball breaker wrote:

Cmon Limb..... u r better than this .... sounds like the usual keyboard warriors "I believe" "I think" ... none of us know the actual story. From my sources is they (MCFC) followed the correct process the whole time. The followed a grievance process by the book. Are they not entitled to it??

I'm sure u have been involved in clubs that have done a hell of a lot worse .....

By the looks at some of the people commenting on u here u all have skeletons in your closet.
The league cannot adjust points a player is allocated, simples
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby ball breaker » Sat May 15, 2021 9:08 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
ball breaker wrote:

The league cannot adjust points a player is allocated, simples
ball breaker
Under 16s

Postby field of dreams » Sat May 15, 2021 9:52 am

Yes some facts would be good ball breaker.... but it all does seem pretty smelly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby damian » Sat May 15, 2021 7:22 pm

Did they appeal the Haniford decision as well? Seems he played as a one point player again today, meant to be a two which would’ve again put them over their allocation.
"Start by doing what's necessary; then what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
damian
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Goolwa-Port Elliott

Postby damian » Sat May 15, 2021 7:28 pm

shoe boy wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:This has the potential to open up a serious can of worms across every league in SA if this is not properly dealt with and parties outside of the league stepping in. If there are leagues who don’t agree with the points system coming in, all you need to do is look at this example and start making up exemptions. It’s not good!

I thought the Community Footy Board have an investigation team that address these issues and make ruling above the Leagues rules.

The SANFL are aware of the situation but yet to intervene. Are they pretending they don’t know anything about it or just as weak as the GSFL Execs?
"Start by doing what's necessary; then what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
damian
League Bench Warmer

Postby mutton cove » Sat May 15, 2021 7:42 pm

Haniford 1 point W.T.F. it's time the GSFL grew some balls and stop putting Compass ahead of the other 9 clubs that are playing by the rules. The points system is set and clear to see. Just enforce them. Stop hand balling the the situation you have created to someone else. Admit the mistake made and move on.
mutton cove
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby Smashed Crab » Sat May 15, 2021 9:00 pm

damian wrote:
shoe boy wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:This has the potential to open up a serious can of worms across every league in SA if this is not properly dealt with and parties outside of the league stepping in. If there are leagues who don’t agree with the points system coming in, all you need to do is look at this example and start making up exemptions. It’s not good!

I thought the Community Footy Board have an investigation team that address these issues and make ruling above the Leagues rules.

The SANFL are aware of the situation but yet to intervene. Are they pretending they don’t know anything about it or just as weak as the GSFL Execs?

Or maybe it's been looked into and they've ruled that it's ok. As ballbreaker said someone show some facts and not just salty keyboarders.
Smashed Crab
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby The eclipse fan » Sun May 16, 2021 9:33 am

mutton cove wrote:Tom Dix Cannot be a zero pointer, read the rules and accept the points system. Compass have breached the points on three occasions so far this season and claimed ignorance or being given permission. Three players have since had there points adjusted up ( with Dix now being appealed ) yet no penalty for any breach. This is on top of appealing for and receiving 2 extra points which they did not qualify for. F.F.S.

Not sure your club can talk about asking for extra points.
First thing your coach did is run to the league and beg for 3 extra points which were granted.
Short memory it appears

The tribunal can only work within the rules set out by the community football board which is what they play under.
So if they have said he’s a zero pointer that’s what he is

There’s also other clubs including Yank and Fleurieu milk myponga that have asked and received compensation points and player points discount. No one was crying then.

I don’t care either way, nothing to do with me but seems to be a lot of winging for a game of country footy
Live Forever
The eclipse fan
Mini-League

Been liked: 8 times

Postby scottroo » Sun May 16, 2021 12:25 pm

I’d love to know the reasoning why dix is zero?

Points are black and white, he either is or he isn’t
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby ball breaker » Sun May 16, 2021 7:01 pm

So Muttons team has done this b4????
Who r u with Mutton?? Wow... is this a pot calling kettle scenario??
ball breaker
Under 16s

Postby damian » Sun May 16, 2021 9:30 pm

Smashed Crab wrote:
damian wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

Or maybe it's been looked into and they've ruled that it's ok. As ballbreaker said someone show some facts and not just salty keyboarders.

The facts are;

Mount Compass have been allocated 11 points for 2021.

Round One: Mount Compass played with 13 points.
Round Two: Mount Compass played with 12 points.
Round Three: Mount Compass played with 11 points, however Tom Dix played as a zero point player (should be a three pointer).
Round Four: No issue.
Round Five: No issue.
Round Six: Mount Compass played with 11 points, however Sam Haniford played as a one point player (should be a two pointer).

These are FACTS.

Now, we want to see FACTS from the GSFL or SANFL that says they have either approved Mount Compass to breach the Player Points Allocation or are going to be sanctioning the Club. They are keeping opposition Clubs and members in the dark and bringing the League into disrepute.

For me, the PPA is black and white. You cannot change a players points value. The League can increase a Clubs points allocation, but when Mount Compass have been made six consecutive finals series, to increase their points allocation would ludicrous.

Haniford has played senior football for North Adelaide, Tom Dix won a Mail Medal in 2017 - we’re not talking about fringe A Graders here either.

So, tell everyone what the ruling is or that it is still being investigated.
damian
League Bench Warmer

Postby oldbomber » Sun May 16, 2021 10:15 pm

The SANFL are aware of the situation but yet to intervene. Are they pretending they don’t know anything about it or just as weak as the GSFL Execs?[/quote]

Or maybe it's been looked into and they've ruled that it's ok. As ballbreaker said someone show some facts and not just salty keyboarders.[/quote]

The facts are;

Mount Compass have been allocated 11 points for 2021.

Round One: Mount Compass played with 13 points.
Round Two: Mount Compass played with 12 points.
Round Three: Mount Compass played with 11 points, however Tom Dix played as a zero point player (should be a three pointer).
Round Four: No issue.
Round Five: No issue.
Round Six: Mount Compass played with 11 points, however Sam Haniford played as a one point player (should be a two pointer).

These are FACTS.

Now, we want to see FACTS from the GSFL or SANFL that says they have either approved Mount Compass to breach the Player Points Allocation or are going to be sanctioning the Club. They are keeping opposition Clubs and members in the dark and bringing the League into disrepute.

For me, the PPA is black and white. You cannot change a players points value. The League can increase a Clubs points allocation, but when Mount Compass have been made six consecutive finals series, to increase their points allocation would ludicrous.

Haniford has played senior football for North Adelaide, Tom Dix won a Mail Medal in 2017 - we’re not talking about fringe A Graders here either.

So, tell everyone what the ruling is or that it is still being investigated.[/quote][/quote]

^^^Great post. Could not agree more. GSFL need to grow a pair of balls do their job and make a long over due statement on this serious issue that wont go away and if what they have done is not legal within the rules then appeals need to be lodged with CFL or Sanfl and Mt compass club need to be held accountable once and for all.

If the above facts are correct, It would appear they have breached rules and cheated in 4 of the first 6 games. If guilty they need to be severly punished, stripped of premiership points and fined. If that is incorrect then GSFL needs to put this one to bed well before the finals series. The other 9 clubs are doing the right thing and deserve an answer once and for all from these absolute muppets at gsfl who have let it go on for way too long.
oldbomber
Rookie

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby The eclipse fan » Mon May 17, 2021 8:17 pm

Suffered through another YouTube game this morning
Yep I see what you guys mean about nifty, apart from the obvious bias towards Encounter bay,
by all 3 he’s the only one that knows what’s going on.

Maybe someone needs to call the other commentator (Curran) about the compass issue. According to him it’s
All been finalised and is above board.

No wonder the league is all over place if he’s the secretary still.
Can barely string a complete sentence together on the commentary.
Live Forever
The eclipse fan
Mini-League

Been liked: 8 times

Postby damian » Mon May 17, 2021 11:46 pm

The eclipse fan wrote:Suffered through another YouTube game this morning
Yep I see what you guys mean about nifty, apart from the obvious bias towards Encounter bay,

Maybe someone needs to call the other commentator (Curran) about the compass issue. According to him it’s

Curran is ten years past his used by date.
damian
League Bench Warmer

Postby mots02 » Tue May 18, 2021 1:53 pm

damian wrote:
The eclipse fan wrote:Suffered through another YouTube game this morning

Curran is ten years past his used by date.

10 is very generous
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 853 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby mutton cove » Sat May 22, 2021 8:00 am

Well here are the rules, there are no rules.
mutton cove
Rookie

Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby luv a kick » Sat May 22, 2021 10:57 am

Mutton Cove
Is this true that your club received 3 extra points when your coach got there, seems you maybe living in a glass house hope you don't have a handful of stones :shock: :shock:
luv a kick
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby damian » Sat May 22, 2021 7:05 pm

luv a kick wrote:Mutton Cove
Is this true that your club received 3 extra points when your coach got there, seems you maybe living in a glass house hope you don't have a handful of stones :shock: :shock:

Let’s say McLaren did get three extra points in 2018 and look at the situations both clubs were in at the start of their respective seasons and how the adjusted points was handled by the League.

McLaren
2017 - 2 wins, finished last
2016 - 1 win, finished last
2015 - 4 wins, finished last
Three consecutive wooden spoons, an average of 2.3 wins a year in that time.

Applied for additional points to fast track their rebuild after struggling badly at the bottom of the table for three seasons. League approved additional points in the off-season and McLaren recruited based on those points.

Mount Compass
2020* - 5 wins, 1 draw, 3 losses, finished fourth after minor rounds. Lost Elimination Final.
2019 - 13 wins, 1 draw, 4 losses, finished second after minor rounds. Lost Qualifying Final, won Semi-Final, lost Preliminary Final.
2018 - 15 wins, 3 losses, finished minor premiers. Lost Semi-Final and Preliminary Final.
2017 - 12 wins, 6 losses, finished third after minor rounds. Won Qualifying Final, Semi-Final & Grand Final.
2016 - 15 wins, 3 losses, finished minor premiers. Won Semi-Final & Grand Final.
2015 - 15 wins, 3 losses, finished minor premiers. Lost Semi-Final, won Preliminary Final, lost Grand Final.

Completed their recruiting and prior to round one realised they had recruited too many players/points. Knowing they would be knocked back for asking for additional points, they apply to the League to have a played reduced by one point because he lives and works in the area. League approves this the night before round one and without notifying other Clubs.

The Club then plays another player as a 2pt player instead of 3. Plus, play a 3pt player as a 0 in another game.

Then applies to the League (on what grounds I do not know) to have this 3pt player approved as a 0pt player.

Rules are, that the League can increase/decrease a Clubs points allocation, but cannot decrease/increase an individuals points.

So tell me, who was in a situation for League assistance, McLaren or Compass? McLaren are not the only Club to have had their allocation increased in recent years, I believe Yankalilla have received additional points - but don’t quote me on that!

Mount Compass are playing with an extra recruit, quality recruit and potentially two if Tom Dix returns despite playing finals for six seasons and being a Premiership contender in five of those six.
damian
League Bench Warmer

Postby field of dreams » Sun May 23, 2021 8:40 am

Good perspective Damo.
I don’t have a problem with the Mclaren situation (if in fact they did get extra points). I think Victor (and probably others) has applied for extra previously but got knocked back.

I’m sure there are more facts to the Compass scenarios that we haven’t been enlightened with but until that happens (and as time passes it’s seems it won’t) there will be a big asterisk over Compass’s whole season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 78 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy