SANFL Junior codes

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 24, 2021 2:20 pm

Apparently my mail is that the dad who was filming the incident put a lady on her arse when she abused him for filming her niece without permission, hence kick starting the drama.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Postby heater31 » Mon May 24, 2021 2:29 pm

The Bedge wrote:Apparently my mail is that the dad who was filming the incident put a lady on her arse when she abused him for filming her niece without permission, hence kick starting the drama.
Yet her neice was allegedly engaging in a melee on a football field!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 24, 2021 2:38 pm

heater31 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Apparently my mail is that the dad who was filming the incident put a lady on her arse when she abused him for filming her niece without permission, hence kick starting the drama.
Yet her neice was allegedly engaging in a melee on a football field!

Don't shoot the messenger here lol :lol: all i'm saying is i think there is more to it than has been reported.

Doesn't change my thoughts that this is a disgusting act that should never occur at any level especially junior level.. and i hope they're dealt with accordingly.

Given i'm still Mayor of Ingle Farm maybe i'll pass judgement. :P
The Bedge
Coach

Postby shobtop1 » Mon May 24, 2021 7:23 pm

Considering the significance of the round just gone by it's absolutely disgusting and 100% unacceptable what has occurred between Ingle Farm and Edwardstown. It does not surprise me at all that we face an umpiring shortage at the moment with the way umpires are being treated. Without them we don't have a game. If only we had the same respect for umpires like they do in rugby union - yes sir, no sir and then get on with the game. Additionally, cut these umpires some slack as they are kids and don't have 20 years experience so it's natural they will get it wrong now and again.

On a side note, thanks to Modbury 16s for coming down to Lockleys on Sunday and playing the game like it should be. Hard, tough, no niggle and good sportsmanship all round. Hopefully the lad who hurt his neck / back and needed an ambo is okay as well and can get back on the park soon.
shobtop1
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon May 24, 2021 7:27 pm

Are people allowed to film underage games/ kids footy?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 24, 2021 7:50 pm

Edwardstown (boys) u17 Team Manager got Red Carded also in a separate incident yesterday, shitty for the club to have to work thru issues like these
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3504 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 24, 2021 9:19 pm

Police are investigating claims a 14-year-old football boundary umpire and his father were assaulted after a fight broke out in a girls’ football match.

Police were called to the Edwardstown Memorial Oval about 6.30pm on Sunday following reports of violence.

The SANFL, which also is investigating, said the melee broke out in the final quarter of a division 2 under-17 match between Ingle Farm and Edwardstown.

The match was subsequently called off by the field umpire.

The father said he used his mobile phone to film the aftermath of the fight on Sunday for his son’s protection, but an Ingle Farm parent “put me in a headlock” to stop him filming and his son was bashed when he came to his aid.

“It was really, really ugly stuff – we are both pretty shaken,” the man said.

“My son was boundary umpiring when a brawl erupted in the final quarter on the boundary line in front of the Ingle Farm coaching box.

“I filmed the immediate aftermath on my phone from behind the barriers in case my son or the SANFL needed a record, in the event that it escalated.

I was not on the field or in anyone’s face, just using my phone to record what happened. I ended up being jumped and assaulted by Ingle Farm spectators.

“My son came to my aid as an Ingle Farm spectator grabbed me from behind in a choke headlock but then he was punched multiple times in the face and thrown into a bench by the same adult spectator who assaulted me.

“My son is 14 and he was belted by an adult, it was crazy.”

The man has reported the incident to police, the SANFL and both clubs.

The melee occurred between players on the field and involved parents and other people.

Ingle Farm Football Club have declined to comment on the incident.

Edwardstown Football club acknowledged the incident.

“This involved a boundary umpire and two members of the crowd. We wish to state that no Edwardstown parents, supporters, officials or players were involved in this incident,” the board of directors said in a statement.

The SANFL confirmed it is investigating incidents relating to player and spectator behaviour during the SANFL Juniors Division 2 match.

“In accordance with SANFL Juniors policy, the match between Edwardstown Football Club and Ingle Farm Football Club held at Edwardstown Memorial Oval was called off by the field umpire midway through the final quarter after a melee occurred between players on the ground,” a spokesperson said.

“A subsequent incident shortly after involving spectators and a junior boundary umpire, which was reported to SAPOL, also is being investigated by SANFL.”

More Coverage
Tennis group looks for lifeline for ageing club roomsMeet SA’s rising discus star taking the world by storm
The spokesperson said SANFL Juniors has a strict code of conduct for players and spectators and it takes any breaches “extremely seriously”.

Southern District Police are investigating the incident and ask anyone with information regarding the assaults to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3504 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon May 24, 2021 9:52 pm

So Edwardstown are saying that none of their people were involved and Ingle Farm have just released the same statement.

It was all a figment of everyone's imagination :roll:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Dols » Mon May 24, 2021 10:35 pm

Video is different to your mail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Down the Hill » Tue May 25, 2021 6:26 am

[*][quote="Footy Chick"]So Edwardstown are saying that none of their people were involved and Ingle Farm have just released the same statement.

It was all a figment of everyone's imagination :roll:[/quote

Ingle Farm declined to comment so not sure how that is the same statement. It's on video which can be seen by Adelaide Now subscribers. You don't see the assault because the recording stops when a lady grabs for the blokes phone.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby jo172 » Tue May 25, 2021 7:56 am

Watching the video it seems reasonably well handled by each club's MDO in de escalating a parent bizarrely being on the field

Hard to tell what happened and I suspect there is some missing to the recorder's benefit but there's still little if anything that justifies violence at a kids footy game
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 25, 2021 8:18 am

Dols wrote:
Video is different to your mail

Pretty confident with my mail.. and I’ve seen the video footage.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue May 25, 2021 8:50 am

Down the Hill wrote:[*]
Footy Chick wrote:So Edwardstown are saying that none of their people were involved and Ingle Farm have just released the same statement.

It was all a figment of everyone's imagination :roll:

Ingle Farm declined to comment so not sure how that is the same statement. It's on video which can be seen by Adelaide Now subscribers. You don't see the assault because the recording stops when a lady grabs for the blokes phone.[/quote]
iffc.PNG
iffc.PNG (25.43 KiB) Viewed 796 times
efc.PNG
efc.PNG (15.91 KiB) Viewed 796 times
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby shoe boy » Tue May 25, 2021 8:59 am

The "drama" appeared to have started way before dad filming incident.

I see mum's and dad's filming kids every wend with no issues.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 25, 2021 9:05 am

The media have a lot to say in the way this has been portrayed. The way they’ve scripted the story and provided snippets of the video. 90% of people don’t subscribe to The Advertiser etc, they’re blocked from reading the story - all they see is a headline that reads something like “Wild brawl between teams ends in assault of parent and umpire” and show a photo or short video of two sides appearing to be going at it.

Pretty easy for our brains to paint a picture and draw a conclusion as to what has happened.

Reality - and you watch the video carefully also shows a bit - this was a number of separate incidents in which snippets have been pieced together to make it seem far worse.

My info:
1. Girl is tackled near IF bench and injured. Match is stopped, girl is attended to.
2. Two girls opposite sides have verbal altercation that escalates into a cat fight. Team mates pull apart. Girl is red carded.
3. Man begins filming aftermath of “brawl” - shows tackled girl still being treated on the ground, covered by an Ingle farm girl who covered her to protect her being trampled on.. whilst the two sides yell abuse and scream at each other like banshees.
4. Tackled player parent enters arena to check on daughter, is ushered away. Umpires declare match called off. Video cuts.
5. Video shows parent yelling with players, MDO’s move her on. She turns and leave. Video cuts.
6. Video shows Ingle farm girls in a group standing around on their own, couple point out the man filming, MDO heads over, asks to stop filming and move on, not hard to know he’s (filming) not part of the Ingle Farm group.. lady comes up carrying on about filming niece, pushes phone. Video cuts.

After that.
7. Apparently a verbal altercation between lady and man, he ends up pushing her and putting her on her arse. Another man nearby grabs the filmographer in a headlock from behind and drags him away and towards the ground.
8. His son who happens to be the boundary umpire runs from the field of play, across the cycling track, jumps the fence and gets involved and is put on his arse.
9. Everyone disperse, cops are called.. man had footage of girls screaming at each other, and a son with a split lip.

At no stage do either EFC or IFFC players or officials get involved in it.. worse still for the man who was MDO because every man and his dog who saw the full video now thinks he’s the dude who allegedly assaulted the man and his son, and he didn’t - all he did was walk up, ask him to stop filming and get his face on camera.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 25, 2021 9:05 am

shoe boy wrote:

The "drama" appeared to have started way before dad filming incident.

I see mum's and dad's filming kids every wend with no issues.

Apologies I meant drama with the parent and umpire son.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 25, 2021 9:10 am

The “wild brawl” involved a couple of immature girls, followed by a shit tonne of foul language and poorly presented young “ladies”.. game called off and well before this guy filming is allegedly assaulted.

What value was there in him filming the girls standing around when clearly it’s ended, the opposition have left and there is no indication of anything further happening?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby cracka » Tue May 25, 2021 9:12 am

The Bedge wrote:The media have a lot to say in the way this has been portrayed. The way they’ve scripted the story and provided snippets of the video. 90% of people don’t subscribe to The Advertiser etc, they’re blocked from reading the story - all they see is a headline that reads something like “Wild brawl between teams ends in assault of parent and umpire” and show a photo or short video of two sides appearing to be going at it.

Pretty easy for our brains to paint a picture and draw a conclusion as to what has happened.

Reality - and you watch the video carefully also shows a bit - this was a number of separate incidents in which snippets have been pieced together to make it seem far worse.

My info:
1. Girl is tackled near IF bench and injured. Match is stopped, girl is attended to.
2. Two girls opposite sides have verbal altercation that escalates into a cat fight. Team mates pull apart. Girl is red carded.
3. Man begins filming aftermath of “brawl” - shows tackled girl still being treated on the ground, covered by an Ingle farm girl who covered her to protect her being trampled on.. whilst the two sides yell abuse and scream at each other like banshees.
4. Tackled player parent enters arena to check on daughter, is ushered away. Umpires declare match called off. Video cuts.
5. Video shows parent yelling with players, MDO’s move her on. She turns and leave. Video cuts.
6. Video shows Ingle farm girls in a group standing around on their own, couple point out the man filming, MDO heads over, asks to stop filming and move on, not hard to know he’s (filming) not part of the Ingle Farm group.. lady comes up carrying on about filming niece, pushes phone. Video cuts.

After that.
7. Apparently a verbal altercation between lady and man, he ends up pushing her and putting her on her arse. Another man nearby grabs the filmographer in a headlock from behind and drags him away and towards the ground.
8. His son who happens to be the boundary umpire runs from the field of play, across the cycling track, jumps the fence and gets involved and is put on his arse.
9. Everyone disperse, cops are called.. man had footage of girls screaming at each other, and a son with a split lip.

At no stage do either EFC or IFFC players or officials get involved in it.. worse still for the man who was MDO because every man and his dog who saw the full video now thinks he’s the dude who allegedly assaulted the man and his son, and he didn’t - all he did was walk up, ask him to stop filming and get his face on camera.

Reading that, it sounds like the umpires dad is the instigator of the crowd fight
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby whufc » Tue May 25, 2021 9:17 am

The Bedge wrote:The media have a lot to say in the way this has been portrayed. The way they’ve scripted the story and provided snippets of the video. 90% of people don’t subscribe to The Advertiser etc, they’re blocked from reading the story - all they see is a headline that reads something like “Wild brawl between teams ends in assault of parent and umpire” and show a photo or short video of two sides appearing to be going at it.

My info:

After that.

I don't know the rules.....is it illegal to film the children, my natural presumption is it would be given they are juniors.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 25, 2021 9:18 am

Update from the coach.

In response to the events of the last few days a very difficult decision has been made to forfeit the remainder of the season for the u17.5 girls team. A contributing factor was also our lack of numbers and the pressure it was putting on the team to field a side every week.

The main thing to remember here is that a group of good kids who just wanted to play football are now forced to miss out because of the actions of a few. The privacy and welfare of these girls who will be upset by this decision should be at the forefront of everyone’s thinking as young vulnerable members of our club and I ask everyone to afford them the respect they deserve.

Girls I am extremely sorry that it has to end like this for all of you. All I ever wanted to do was teach you girls how to play footy and share my love of the game and this football club with you. I hope in some way that I have achieved that.

To the parents that have selflessly donated the precious time to help this team and myself, Thankyou. You’re effort’s are appreciated and never ever went unnoticed.

The club along with SAPOL and the SANFL are still investigating what occurred at Edwardstown and will respond accordingly when all the facts are known.
Regards Luke Manning.
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League