SANFL Junior codes

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Postby Dols » Tue May 25, 2021 9:21 am

The Bedge wrote:6. Video shows Ingle farm girls in a group standing around on their own, couple point out the man filming, MDO heads over, asks to stop filming and move on, not hard to know he’s (filming) not part of the Ingle Farm group.. lady comes up carrying on about filming niece, pushes phone. Video cuts.

After that.
7. Apparently a verbal altercation between lady and man, he ends up pushing her and putting her on her arse. Another man nearby grabs the filmographer in a headlock from behind and drags him away and towards the ground.

At no stage do either EFC or IFFC players or officials get involved in it..

unfortunately by the aggressive approach by the IFFC official, via actions and language, he has incited others to take action against the man filming (which is outside his role and also man well within his right to film). He probably didn’t mean this to happen but that is the end result.

The woman involved has been described on other forums as an IF players niece. IFFC need to take some responsibility for this and not post ‘nothing to see here’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Dols » Tue May 25, 2021 9:23 am

whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:The media have a lot to say in the way this has been portrayed. The way they’ve scripted the story and provided snippets of the video. 90% of people don’t subscribe to The Advertiser etc, they’re blocked from reading the story - all they see is a headline that reads something like “Wild brawl between teams ends in assault of parent and umpire” and show a photo or short video of two sides appearing to be going at it.

Pretty easy for our brains to paint a picture and draw a conclusion as to what has happened.

Reality - and you watch the video carefully also shows a bit - this was a number of separate incidents in which snippets have been pieced together to make it seem far worse.

My info:
1. Girl is tackled near IF bench and injured. Match is stopped, girl is attended to.
2. Two girls opposite sides have verbal altercation that escalates into a cat fight. Team mates pull apart. Girl is red carded.
3. Man begins filming aftermath of “brawl” - shows tackled girl still being treated on the ground, covered by an Ingle farm girl who covered her to protect her being trampled on.. whilst the two sides yell abuse and scream at each other like banshees.
4. Tackled player parent enters arena to check on daughter, is ushered away. Umpires declare match called off. Video cuts.
5. Video shows parent yelling with players, MDO’s move her on. She turns and leave. Video cuts.
6. Video shows Ingle farm girls in a group standing around on their own, couple point out the man filming, MDO heads over, asks to stop filming and move on, not hard to know he’s (filming) not part of the Ingle Farm group.. lady comes up carrying on about filming niece, pushes phone. Video cuts.

After that.
7. Apparently a verbal altercation between lady and man, he ends up pushing her and putting her on her arse. Another man nearby grabs the filmographer in a headlock from behind and drags him away and towards the ground.
8. His son who happens to be the boundary umpire runs from the field of play, across the cycling track, jumps the fence and gets involved and is put on his arse.
9. Everyone disperse, cops are called.. man had footage of girls screaming at each other, and a son with a split lip.

At no stage do either EFC or IFFC players or officials get involved in it.. worse still for the man who was MDO because every man and his dog who saw the full video now thinks he’s the dude who allegedly assaulted the man and his son, and he didn’t - all he did was walk up, ask him to stop filming and get his face on camera.

I don't know the rules.....is it illegal to film the children, my natural presumption is it would be given they are juniors.
No

Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby jo172 » Tue May 25, 2021 9:25 am

The Bedge wrote:The media have a lot to say in the way this has been portrayed. The way they’ve scripted the story and provided snippets of the video. 90% of people don’t subscribe to The Advertiser etc, they’re blocked from reading the story - all they see is a headline that reads something like “Wild brawl between teams ends in assault of parent and umpire” and show a photo or short video of two sides appearing to be going at it.

Pretty easy for our brains to paint a picture and draw a conclusion as to what has happened.

Reality - and you watch the video carefully also shows a bit - this was a number of separate incidents in which snippets have been pieced together to make it seem far worse.

My info:
1. Girl is tackled near IF bench and injured. Match is stopped, girl is attended to.
2. Two girls opposite sides have verbal altercation that escalates into a cat fight. Team mates pull apart. Girl is red carded.
3. Man begins filming aftermath of “brawl” - shows tackled girl still being treated on the ground, covered by an Ingle farm girl who covered her to protect her being trampled on.. whilst the two sides yell abuse and scream at each other like banshees.
4. Tackled player parent enters arena to check on daughter, is ushered away. Umpires declare match called off. Video cuts.
5. Video shows parent yelling with players, MDO’s move her on. She turns and leave. Video cuts.
6. Video shows Ingle farm girls in a group standing around on their own, couple point out the man filming, MDO heads over, asks to stop filming and move on, not hard to know he’s (filming) not part of the Ingle Farm group.. lady comes up carrying on about filming niece, pushes phone. Video cuts.

After that.
8. His son who happens to be the boundary umpire runs from the field of play, across the cycling track, jumps the fence and gets involved and is put on his arse.
9. Everyone disperse, cops are called.. man had footage of girls screaming at each other, and a son with a split lip.

At no stage do either EFC or IFFC players or officials get involved in it.. worse still for the man who was MDO because every man and his dog who saw the full video now thinks he’s the dude who allegedly assaulted the man and his son, and he didn’t - all he did was walk up, ask him to stop filming and get his face on camera.

I think it was quite well handled until you get to 6.

The body language and approach from the IF MDO escalated the situation substantially and encouraged the "that's my niece" Karen.

At 8, you're obviously not allowed to hit an umpire at a junior football match. There is never a justification for this.

Shit result all round that this has presumably contributed to the team being pulled
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 25, 2021 9:32 am

You’ll get no arguments with me there, I wholeheartedly agree. I just felt it really unfair to have a picture painting that made it seem two sides plus spectators and umpires were engaging in an out of control Royal rumble, which allowed the vultures on social media to attack the carcass.

Ingle Farm have had their issues over the journey with the seniors, but there are a lot of good dedicated parents and kids in the juniors, and I feel for them at the moment.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue May 25, 2021 9:35 am

Agree there was no need for the MDO to approach the Umpires Dad who was filming the incident, that just inflamed things and brought the issue into the parents/crowd. My lad umpires and if he was involved in a volatile issue I would be filming it also just as a protection measure, in the modern day of everyone having a phone in their pocket I dont think anyone has any right to tell anyone to stop filming something like this.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue May 25, 2021 9:37 am

The Bedge wrote:
Ingle Farm have had their issues over the journey with the seniors, but there are a lot of good dedicated parents and kids in the juniors, and I feel for them at the moment.

Why the knee jerk decision to pull the team from the comp? Surely that goes against what the club is trying to achieve, now it will force girls to go play elsewhere.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby whufc » Tue May 25, 2021 9:37 am

Dols wrote:
whufc wrote:

My info:

After that.

I don't know the rules.....is it illegal to film the children, my natural presumption is it would be given they are juniors.
No

So then the MDO was in the wrong for trying to enforce a rule they have no right to do so.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 25, 2021 9:38 am

Dutchy wrote:Agree there was no need for the MDO to approach the Umpires Dad who was filming the incident, that just inflamed things and brought the issue into the parents/crowd. My lad umpires and if he was involved in a volatile issue I would be filming it also just as a protection measure, in the modern day of everyone having a phone in their pocket I dont think anyone has any right to tell anyone to stop filming something like this.

You are meant to ask each team manager if you can film a game when it's a junior game, right or wrong, it is the rule.

I'd be the same as you if it was my lad umpiring and I sure as hell wouldn't allow Karen or the MDO to tell me otherwise if there was a hostile situation, I would however explain what I was doing, he just totally ignored the MDO without uttering a word it seems.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 25, 2021 9:41 am

Dols wrote:
whufc wrote:
No

I stand corrected:

9.7 FILMING
9.7.1 Filming any part of the playing field and/or play during a SANFL Juniors match is permitted subject to the
following:
9.7.1.1 A club and/or associated persons shall not engage, employ or reward any person or persons to
video, live stream or transmit via radio, television, film or internet or any other format of
reproducing footage of a match or part of a match of SANFL Juniors Competitions for
commercial gain without such club and/or associated persons receiving express approval from
SANFL Juniors Competition Management.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue May 25, 2021 9:43 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Agree there was no need for the MDO to approach the Umpires Dad who was filming the incident, that just inflamed things and brought the issue into the parents/crowd. My lad umpires and if he was involved in a volatile issue I would be filming it also just as a protection measure, in the modern day of everyone having a phone in their pocket I dont think anyone has any right to tell anyone to stop filming something like this.

You are meant to ask each team manager if you can film a game when it's a junior game, right or wrong, it is the rule.

I'd be the same as you if it was my lad umpiring and I sure as hell wouldn't allow Karen or the MDO to tell me otherwise if there was a hostile situation, I would however explain what I was doing, he just totally ignored the MDO without uttering a word it seems.

yeah you are right, he could have just said that he was the umpires Dad and that may have defused the situation, just shows how something so simple can escalate so quickly
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 25, 2021 10:01 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I'd be the same as you if it was my lad umpiring and I sure as hell wouldn't allow Karen or the MDO to tell me otherwise if there was a hostile situation, I would however explain what I was doing, he just totally ignored the MDO without uttering a word it seems.

The last 30 seconds of the video is hardly hostile situation - it's literally just him filming the IF girls standing around.. the umpires are probably a good 15-20m off to the centre of the ground and when the camera pans there is no opposition side to be seen.

He might've had the best intentions initially.. but i'd question what he was trying to achieve towards the end.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 25, 2021 10:06 am

Dutchy wrote:Why the knee jerk decision to pull the team from the comp? Surely that goes against what the club is trying to achieve, now it will force girls to go play elsewhere.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't - there is no outcome that they can win.. if they don't take action, then they cop abuse, they take severe action and they're criticised.

Pulling the team is the right decision, particularly if they haven't got adequate and suitable support staff to help manage these situations.

Furthermore, the girls actions prior to the umpires dad and umpire incident is unacceptable and not encouraged nor condoned by the club.. even worse on a Sammy D round.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue May 25, 2021 10:59 am

The Bedge wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Why the knee jerk decision to pull the team from the comp? Surely that goes against what the club is trying to achieve, now it will force girls to go play elsewhere.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't - there is no outcome that they can win.. if they don't take action, then they cop abuse, they take severe action and they're criticised.

Pulling the team is the right decision, particularly if they haven't got adequate and suitable support staff to help manage these situations.

Furthermore, the girls actions prior to the umpires dad and umpire incident is unacceptable and not encouraged nor condoned by the club.. even worse on a Sammy D round.

Ok fair enough, sad for all involved
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue May 25, 2021 11:23 am

Both clubs say the clubs "parents" were not involved yet someone's aunt apparently was.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Trader » Tue May 25, 2021 11:47 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:Both clubs say the clubs "parents" were not involved yet someone's aunt apparently was.

Exactly.

(Ingle Farm?) MDO escalated the matter by worrying about filming that is permitted.
Ingle Farm Aunt then escalated matters further by becoming a Karen.
Ingle Farm then attempt to deflect further by claiming none of their 'parents' were involved, when it was adult relatives of their players.

Just waiting to hear if the bloke that assaulted the umpires dad was an ingle farm players uncle....

The first two items happened on the spot, I can somewhat accept them as decision people would like to take back with hindsight.

The third item however was not on the spot, it was the day after the event and a clear attempt from the club to deflect and mislead with a 'half truth'.

For mine, the statement from Ingle Farm reflects just as poorly on the club as the events from Sunday, if not worse.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue May 25, 2021 12:00 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:[*]
Footy Chick wrote:So Edwardstown are saying that none of their people were involved and Ingle Farm have just released the same statement.

It was all a figment of everyone's imagination :roll:

Ingle Farm declined to comment so not sure how that is the same statement. It's on video which can be seen by Adelaide Now subscribers. You don't see the assault because the recording stops when a lady grabs for the blokes phone.
iffc.PNG
efc.PNG
[/quote]

Hows that box going DTH.... :lol: ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 25, 2021 12:09 pm

Sadly, Ingle Farm are not fortunate to have a lot of "white collar" type people within the club that have backgrounds or experience to lean on for support or guidance in these matters like some clubs do.

The volunteers that make up the committee would've tried acting in the best interests of all providing that update. They would've met as a committee last night, discussed, worked out how to proceed, and one of the first actions would've been to get something out there regarding the incident.

Poorly worded no doubt, intentions were well intended - they wouldn't have deliberately tried to mislead anyone or try and deflect from the situation.. would've just wanted to somewhat diffuse an escalating situation whilst it was being dealt with by the appropriate parties.

Reads similar to the EFC statement, my guess is that the person who posted probably read that and thought it was good and concise and rolled with similar, not actually thinking about it.

Some clubs are fortunate to have an abundance of volunteers
Some clubs are fortunate to have a large network of people from various professions and skill sets within their organisation.

Ingle Farm is not one of those clubs.

Ingle Farm is one of those clubs that has a hard working and passionate group of volunteers who want the best but don't always know the best way to achieve it.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue May 25, 2021 12:37 pm

The Bedge wrote:Sadly, Ingle Farm are not fortunate to have a lot of "white collar" type people within the club that have backgrounds or experience to lean on for support or guidance in these matters like some clubs do.

The volunteers that make up the committee would've tried acting in the best interests of all providing that update. They would've met as a committee last night, discussed, worked out how to proceed, and one of the first actions would've been to get something out there regarding the incident.

Poorly worded no doubt, intentions were well intended - they wouldn't have deliberately tried to mislead anyone or try and deflect from the situation.. would've just wanted to somewhat diffuse an escalating situation whilst it was being dealt with by the appropriate parties.

Reads similar to the EFC statement, my guess is that the person who posted probably read that and thought it was good and concise and rolled with similar, not actually thinking about it.

Some clubs are fortunate to have an abundance of volunteers
Some clubs are fortunate to have a large network of people from various professions and skill sets within their organisation.

Ingle Farm is not one of those clubs.

Ingle Farm is one of those clubs that has a hard working and passionate group of volunteers who want the best but don't always know the best way to achieve it.

The important part of Ingle Farm's statement is that they are assisting SANFL and SAPOL. Hopefully it all gets sorted quickly. I'm not sure it warranted being the lead story on the 6.00pm news.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby whufc » Tue May 25, 2021 12:41 pm

Sadly because it had footage with accompanying the story it was made a lead story.

If there was no footage it wouldn't have even got a mention. News is an entertainment business.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue May 25, 2021 12:47 pm

whufc wrote:Sadly because it had footage with accompanying the story it was made a lead story.

If there was no footage it wouldn't have even got a mention. News is an entertainment business.

Well, that story did not entertain me, maybe I'm in the minority.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League