Great Southern Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby field of dreams » Sun May 23, 2021 8:49 am

Fantastic last quarter at victor yesterday. With Strath 21 points up at the final change and victor having lost full back Brook in the first minutes of the game, Sam Basham late in the 3rd it looked all over. But victor quickly drew level before strath drew ahead again. Victor came back again, tied it up then hit the lead by a point. Clamp marked late for strath, siren sounds and he held his nerve to win the game by 5 points. Every footballers dream (or nightmare lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby damian » Sun May 23, 2021 8:41 pm

Tell me, can anyone else view Player Points on the GSFL SportingPulse? It seems it has been taken down as an option. What are they trying to hide.

Boycotting the association match I think would be a great start by Clubs & their players until answers are given.
"Start by doing what's necessary; then what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
damian
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Goolwa-Port Elliott

Postby Dutchy » Sun May 23, 2021 8:46 pm

damian wrote:Tell me, can anyone else view Player Points on the GSFL SportingPulse? It seems it has been taken down as an option. What are they trying to hide.

Boycotting the association match I think would be a great start by Clubs & their players until answers are given.

I can see them.

So does no one in the league know why the MC adjustments were allowed by the executive? Surely you just come out and advise everyone and then at least the rumours end.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby field of dreams » Sun May 23, 2021 9:04 pm

It’s ok for me

field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Postby field of dreams » Sun May 23, 2021 9:05 pm

Dutchy wrote:
damian wrote:Tell me, can anyone else view Player Points on the GSFL SportingPulse? It seems it has been taken down as an option. What are they trying to hide.

I can see them.

So does no one in the league know why the MC adjustments were allowed by the executive? Surely you just come out and advise everyone and then at least the rumours end.
Exactly

field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Postby Cheap Seats » Sun May 23, 2021 10:20 pm

Dutchy wrote:

I can see them.

Dix has been approved as a zero pointer because of 8.8.2.3. If a player has not played football at any level for 24 months or more before registering as a player he will automatically have a Player Points Rating of zero (0).And Compass are claiming they would not have played him until that expired had the league not allocated him zero already :roll: HOWEVER- THIS IS IN DIRECT CONTRADICTION TO 9.6.5. For any player transferring clubs in season 2021 or 2022 the following will apply: 9.6.5.1. For season 2021 a players point rating shall be determined by the balance of matches played in the 2018 and 2019 seasons. 9.6.5.2. For season 2022 a players point rating shall be determined by the balance of matches played in the 2019 and 2021 seasons.

Also all other area's of the points allocation, are considered at the start of any season, not part way through. An example of this is the 25 games rule. The player doesn't lose a point the moment they play their 25th game, but must wait until the following season where essentially they lose 2 points at the start of it for achieving the milestone

As for Hanniford, they have simply reinstated their original ruling and supposedly given every club the opportunity to take 1 extra point off any of their pointed players as the committee ruled that club presidents had no jurisdiction to over rule the league on this matter :shock: :?
Cheap Seats
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby damian » Mon May 24, 2021 10:47 am

Cheap Seats wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

I can see them.

Dix has been approved as a zero pointer because of 8.8.2.3. If a player has not played football at any level for 24 months or more before registering as a player he will automatically have a Player Points Rating of zero (0).And Compass are claiming they would not have played him until that expired had the league not allocated him zero already :roll: HOWEVER- THIS IS IN DIRECT CONTRADICTION TO 9.6.5. For any player transferring clubs in season 2021 or 2022 the following will apply: 9.6.5.1. For season 2021 a players point rating shall be determined by the balance of matches played in the 2018 and 2019 seasons. 9.6.5.2. For season 2022 a players point rating shall be determined by the balance of matches played in the 2019 and 2021 seasons.

Plus Dix played in 2019 so it hasn’t been 24 months regardless of including 2020 or not.

Also all other area's of the points allocation, are considered at the start of any season, not part way through. An example of this is the 25 games rule. The player doesn't lose a point the moment they play their 25th game, but must wait until the following season where essentially they lose 2 points at the start of it for achieving the milestone

As for Hanniford, they have simply reinstated their original ruling and supposedly given every club the opportunity to take 1 extra point off any of their pointed players as the committee ruled that club presidents had no jurisdiction to over rule the league on this matter :shock: :?
"Start by doing what's necessary; then what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
damian
League Bench Warmer

Postby field of dreams » Mon May 24, 2021 12:13 pm

damian wrote:
Cheap Seats wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

I can see them.

Plus Dix played in 2019 so it hasn’t been 24 months regardless of including 2020 or not.

Joke. Between Compass and the Executive they've made a total farce of every situation - Haniford, Skrypek and Dix and I guess they figure its better to be big brother than admit wrongdoings.

Mount Compass*
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Postby damian » Wed May 26, 2021 9:59 am

Thoughts on the following? Any unlucky? Seems to be pretty spot on. Billy Wade (VH), Harrison Cock (Pongy) and Richard O’Grady (Strath) are the first three that come to mind who are having great seasons but not included. Great effort by Shannon Jones to make the squad after starting the season in the Reserves (dominated) and fighting his way into Creeks A Grade.

The Following senior players have been selected in the Association Training Squad to play the Southern League at Strathalbyn on Saturday 12th June.

ENCOUNTER BAY - Wade Sweetman*, Lachie Williams*, Callum Tonkin, Tyson Neale.

GOOLWA-PT ELLIOT - Daniel Fry, Zac Bates, Aisea Raikiwasa,

LANGHORNE CREEK - Shannon Jones*, David Warren, Matthew Dominish, Coby Helyar, Tom Derham, Curtis Perrey

McLAREN - Ashley Goodieson*, Steve Branson, Todd McKAY, Alex Moyle, Sam Lawrie, Brett Ellis, Sam Bentley*.

MT COMPASS - Klaus Simons*, Tom Pinyon, Lewis Johnston, Nick Mott, Ziggy Vitkunas, Brent Creek, Sam Haniford, Tom Vitkunas.

MYPONGA-SELLICKS - Jake Spinks*, Sam Kennedy.

STRATHALBYN - Riley Clamp, Ryan Clarke, Mark Elliott, Brodie Martin.

VICTOR HARBOR - Sam Basham, Seb Guilhaus, James Boyd.

WILLUNGA - Mani Draper*, Sam Renney*, Darcy Scott*, Tyson Hoffman, Harry Mills, Cam Hutchens, Craig Nelson.

YANKALILLA - Finn Betteman*, Brad Thompson*, Harry Morgan, Ben Gogel.

*Indicates player under 21
damian
League Bench Warmer

Postby Cheap Seats » Wed May 26, 2021 1:03 pm

damian wrote:Thoughts on the following? Any unlucky? Seems to be pretty spot on. Billy Wade (VH), Harrison Cock (Pongy) and Richard O’Grady (Strath) are the first three that come to mind who are having great seasons but not included. Great effort by Shannon Jones to make the squad after starting the season in the Reserves (dominated) and fighting his way into Creeks A Grade.

The Following senior players have been selected in the Association Training Squad to play the Southern League at Strathalbyn on Saturday 12th June.

LANGHORNE CREEK - Shannon Jones*, David Warren, Matthew Dominish, Coby Helyar, Tom Derham, Curtis Perrey

McLAREN - Ashley Goodieson*, Steve Branson, Todd McKAY, Alex Moyle, Sam Lawrie, Brett Ellis, Sam Bentley*.

MT COMPASS - Klaus Simons*, Tom Pinyon, Lewis Johnston, Nick Mott, Ziggy Vitkunas, Brent Creek, Sam Haniford, Tom Vitkunas.

WILLUNGA - Mani Draper*, Sam Renney*, Darcy Scott*, Tyson Hoffman, Harry Mills, Cam Hutchens, Craig Nelson.

Corey Grove seems to be another obvious one to be missing for me. (Actually seems to be going under the radar in all things GSFL) League and Reserves footballer for 8 years and stands around 6"3-4'
Cheap Seats
Rookie

Postby Cheap Seats » Wed May 26, 2021 1:24 pm

Has anyone heard any more on the "Mt Compass points grab"? All has gone quiet. Surely someone is or has alerted the Community football division of the SANFL about all of this. It's the most bazaar set of circumstances and led to distrust of a previously proud club, who are clearly in breach of multiple clauses set out within the SANFL's own guidelines. The COVID adjusted points allocation rules for season 2021 & 2022 clearly over rule any and all previous guidelines for any transfers into a club during these periods. Should be really simple to rule on. I am failing to see why they have ruled in favour of either issue.
Also it has been brought to my attention that a 3rd player was in breach for round 2 with the incorrect allocation awarded for that match. As outlined in the guidelines
32.8 If a team of a Club exceeds the Total Points Rating allocated to it, in any game played by its Senior (A Grade) Team the following penalties will automatically apply: 32.8.1 The loss of all premiership points, earned for that game, the loss of all points scored by the team in that game, plus a fine of $1,000.00

Very clear, so at best 1 result reversal and at worst, 5 results.
Cheap Seats
Rookie

Postby damian » Wed May 26, 2021 4:06 pm

Cheap Seats wrote:Has anyone heard any more on the "Mt Compass points grab"? All has gone quiet. Surely someone is or has alerted the Community football division of the SANFL about all of this. It's the most bazaar set of circumstances and led to distrust of a previously proud club, who are clearly in breach of multiple clauses set out within the SANFL's own guidelines. The COVID adjusted points allocation rules for season 2021 & 2022 clearly over rule any and all previous guidelines for any transfers into a club during these periods. Should be really simple to rule on. I am failing to see why they have ruled in favour of either issue.
Also it has been brought to my attention that a 3rd player was in breach for round 2 with the incorrect allocation awarded for that match. As outlined in the guidelines
32.8 If a team of a Club exceeds the Total Points Rating allocated to it, in any game played by its Senior (A Grade) Team the following penalties will automatically apply: 32.8.1 The loss of all premiership points, earned for that game, the loss of all points scored by the team in that game, plus a fine of $1,000.00

I believe SANFL is aware of the situation, as to what they are doing about it, if anything, I have no idea. It seems the GSFL Execs have put the issue to bed despite Mount Compass seemingly being in clear breach of black and white rules.

I’m not sure what Clubs can do about it now - do they encourage players to boycott the Association game maybe?
damian
League Bench Warmer

Postby Smashed Crab » Wed May 26, 2021 5:32 pm

damian wrote:Thoughts on the following? Any unlucky? Seems to be pretty spot on. Billy Wade (VH), Harrison Cock (Pongy) and Richard O’Grady (Strath) are the first three that come to mind who are having great seasons but not included. Great effort by Shannon Jones to make the squad after starting the season in the Reserves (dominated) and fighting his way into Creeks A Grade.

Sam Haniford has also fought his way back from the Reserves :lol: No recognition for him damien?
Smashed Crab
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Smashed Crab » Wed May 26, 2021 5:40 pm

damian wrote:
Cheap Seats wrote:Has anyone heard any more on the "Mt Compass points grab"? All has gone quiet. Surely someone is or has alerted the Community football division of the SANFL about all of this. It's the most bazaar set of circumstances and led to distrust of a previously proud club, who are clearly in breach of multiple clauses set out within the SANFL's own guidelines. The COVID adjusted points allocation rules for season 2021 & 2022 clearly over rule any and all previous guidelines for any transfers into a club during these periods. Should be really simple to rule on. I am failing to see why they have ruled in favour of either issue.

I believe SANFL is aware of the situation, as to what they are doing about it, if anything, I have no idea. It seems the GSFL Execs have put the issue to bed despite Mount Compass seemingly being in clear breach of black and white rules.

I’m not sure what Clubs can do about it now - do they encourage players to boycott the Association game maybe?

How can you be so sure it's black and white? How do you know for sure that Mt Compass didn't go to the GSFL Execs beforehand and thus they allowed it. Which would explain why there's been no reprimands as yet? Only breach really is the wrong point guide for Skrypek in the first game. Slap on the wrist, adjust the points and don't do it again, move along. You don't get the death penalty for J-Walking do you.

What are you going to say when Zane Kirkwood comes to play for the Dogs? Long time partner of daughter of old MC President and Life Member, does a Son in Law of a Life Member get granted zero points like a son of Life Member does? Watch this space.......
Smashed Crab
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 26, 2021 6:00 pm

Smashed Crab wrote:What are you going to say when Zane Kirkwood comes to play for the Dogs? Long time partner of daughter of old MC President and Life Member, does a Son in Law of a Life Member get granted zero points like a son of Life Member does? Watch this space.......

Turn it up :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Turfie » Wed May 26, 2021 8:46 pm

Apparently a delegates meeting next week so I’m told.

Compass to lose points and get fined for 2 breaches. They think they are smart but there’s a very solid bit of info that has brought them undone

Do they send the puppet to the meeting or is our favourite family first man gutsy enough to get out from behind the strings??
Turfie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Compass

Postby Cheap Seats » Wed May 26, 2021 8:49 pm

Smashed Crab wrote:

Sam Haniford has also fought his way back from the Reserves :lol: No recognition for him damien?

You mean this Sam Haniford :roll: :lol: and yes I get the reference from playing reserves
Cheap Seats
Rookie

Postby Cheap Seats » Wed May 26, 2021 8:53 pm

Smashed Crab wrote:
damian wrote:

How can you be so sure it's black and white? How do you know for sure that Mt Compass didn't go to the GSFL Execs beforehand and thus they allowed it. Which would explain why there's been no reprimands as yet? Only breach really is the wrong point guide for Skrypek in the first game. Slap on the wrist, adjust the points and don't do it again, move along. You don't get the death penalty for J-Walking do you.

What are you going to say when Zane Kirkwood comes to play for the Dogs? Long time partner of daughter of old MC President and Life Member, does a Son in Law of a Life Member get granted zero points like a son of Life Member does? Watch this space.......

It seems Mt Compass have a direct lifeline to the GSFL Exec, so why not! They've breached multiple other points rules, so I wouldn't like to see them miss the perfect breach season. :shock: :oops:
Cheap Seats
Rookie

Postby Cheap Seats » Wed May 26, 2021 9:01 pm

Turfie wrote:Apparently a delegates meeting next week so I’m told.

Compass to lose points and get fined for 2 breaches. They think they are smart but there’s a very solid bit of info that has brought them undone

Do they send the puppet to the meeting or is our favourite family first man gutsy enough to get out from behind the strings??

Care to share the "Solid bit of info" ?
Cheap Seats
Rookie

Postby Turfie » Wed May 26, 2021 9:28 pm

Cheap Seats wrote:
Turfie wrote:Apparently a delegates meeting next week so I’m told.

Care to share the "Solid bit of info" ?

Better let the clubs bring it to a head first, don’t want puppet master and his gsfl mates concocting a story between now and then
Turfie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Compass

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy