Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:44 am

Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:So if we were really in a pandemic would the government need to absolutely drown the tv in adverts urging people to get vaxed, i think not.

Now lets for a moment consider if they found a cure for cancer, do you think they would be handing that out for free? Would they give you a doughnut to take it, would they enter you into some sort of lottery for taking it. Not on your life would there be any chance of that happening.
Makes you wonder why they are so keen for you to get jabbed doesnt it, they are overplaying their hand enormously here.

210 deaths in Australia now attributed to the vax, how many have died from covid? I dont think there has been a death in Australia from covid for over 6 months.

Here goes nothing, source?

Haha I typed that then thought f&$k it id rather not know
Last edited by Brodlach on Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Apachebulldog » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:54 am

Read a great stat about 3 days ago re tests in Vic 193,000 tests 19 positive .

Tell ya what those Vic Labor shepherds sure know how to keep their flock under control

So tell me have people finally worked out what's going on????
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:04 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:So if we were really in a pandemic would the government need to absolutely drown the tv in adverts urging people to get vaxed, i think not.

Now lets for a moment consider if they found a cure for cancer, do you think they would be handing that out for free? Would they give you a doughnut to take it, would they enter you into some sort of lottery for taking it. Not on your life would there be any chance of that happening.
Makes you wonder why they are so keen for you to get jabbed doesnt it, they are overplaying their hand enormously here.

210 deaths in Australia now attributed to the vax, how many have died from covid? I dont think there has been a death in Australia from covid for over 6 months.

Here goes nothing, source?

Haha I typed that then thought f&$k it is rather not know

You want facts I'll give you the facts:

https://www.tga.gov.au/periodic/covid-19-vaccine-weekly-safety-report-27-05-2021

Apart from the single Australian case in which death was linked to TTS (thrombocytopenia syndrome), COVID-19 vaccines have not been found to cause death. Given the benefits of vaccination with regard to preventing severe disease, hospitalisation and death from COVID-19, particularly in older age groups, immunisation is strongly encouraged as we head into the winter months

Daisy must be getting his "facts" from the same source as Apache! One possible death compared to "210" you work out the math.

Apachebulldog wrote:Read a great stat about 3 days ago re tests in Vic 193,000 tests 19 positive .

Tell ya what those Vic Labor shepherds sure know how to keep their flock under control

So tell me have people finally worked out what's going on????

Yeah I worked it out along time ago

get tested, check in, get vaccinated, if you're feeling unwell with the identified covid symptoms of sore through, fever, coughing lethargy seek medical advice especially if you are in a location where there are known cases.

Just remeber the test only validates that you dont have it up until the time you got tested. F***tards over the border who think, "I've been tested and its negative so I don't have it need to be aware that any activity post the swab in a hot spot could mean you now have it"

it like a criminal check it's only valid up until the time your "record" is verified by the authorities

We'll beat this if we play a team game. There no place for loose cannons in this just like these no place for loose cannons in a footy team.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Trader » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:13 pm

am Bays wrote:Just remeber the test only validates that you dont have it up until the time you got tested. F***tards over the border who think, "I've been tested and its negative so I don't have it need to be aware that any activity post the swab in a hot spot could mean you now have it"

The test doesn't even do that.
The test only lets you know if you caught it at least 3-5 days ago.

Look at all those locked up in quarantine who test negative on day 1 but positive on day 5.
They aren't exposed after their first test*, they just test positive later on.

*with the exception of that one guy who caught it in Adelaide quarantine and spread it throughout victoria
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:28 pm

Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby RB » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:20 pm

am Bays wrote:We'll beat this if we play a team game.

Great post.

Re this bit, I think possibly the most problematic difference in approaches to COVID-19 between sensible adults such as you and I, and the 'loose cannons', is that the latter equate 'playing a team game' with acting like sheep (ironic given the otherwise pro-authoritarian political stances from some of this forum's own loose cannons), whereas the rest of us appreciate the nuance and distinction between taking reasonable measures to prevent transmission on the one hand and 'tyranny' on the other.

That's not to say that Australian governments haven't occasionally gone over the top with certain restrictions. Governments will make mistakes and will and should cop it for doing so.

But the ultimate solution to the pandemic is for individuals to use common sense and remember that the community needs to work together on this.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:43 pm

RB wrote:

Great post.

Re this bit, I think possibly the most problematic difference in approaches to COVID-19 between sensible adults such as you and I, and the 'loose cannons', is that the latter equate 'playing a team game' with acting like sheep (ironic given the otherwise pro-authoritarian political stances from some of this forum's own loose cannons), whereas the rest of us appreciate the nuance and distinction between taking reasonable measures to prevent transmission on the one hand and 'tyranny' on the other.

That's not to say that Australian governments haven't occasionally gone over the top with certain restrictions. Governments will make mistakes and will and should cop it for doing so.

But the ultimate solution to the pandemic is for individuals to use common sense and remember that the community needs to work together on this.

I know, who gives a crap if someone cares If I checked into Jo Mercer at harbour town, as the missus and I spend "quality time" together.... :roll:

If getting a jab, checking in, using some common sense if I'm not well and practicing standard precautions means I can run around footy field umpiring,, drink standing up at a pub, enjoy a meal at a restaurant fly down South to watch the bays it's an insignificant price to pay.

And hats off to are SA Govt the new on line travel forms that you fill in on line and then require a single 5 sec check in at Adelaide Airport to say you've arrived are fantastic compared to 2020 check in counters at the airport.

Are things perfect, nup, are there "eye roll" moments still, yep but it better than the alternatives.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Postby Apachebulldog » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:01 pm

Booney wrote:It's safe for Collingwood to come in.

But, if you're going to the game duck and get out of the way of the ball and don't touch it.

F*ck me, making it hard to keep arguing with daisy.

Good to see ya coming across to our way of thinking.

Personally for me the initial fear factor of the WU HU FLU disappeared 12 months ago.

When there was nearly 200,000 tests in Vic with 19 positives says it all in a nutshell.

Plenty of stats out there where the truth lies.

When you have Dr Sutton Vic coming and saying its a beast of variant ya gotta laugh.

When ya got Dr Spurrier saying dont touch the football if it goes over the fence and then back tracks and says its ok as long as you sanitise after.

When they bend the rules to to let an AFL team into SA cos of the almighty dollar.

When the idiots in SA say you all better go and get tested we think it might be out there what a joke.

I have come to the conclusion they make all this stuff up as they go along.

These so called experts politicians and of course the LEFTY FAKE MSM are all faarking with our minds.

Some people are waking up but alas the gullible are still mesmerised.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:15 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:

But, if you're going to the game duck and get out of the way of the ball and don't touch it.

Good to see ya coming across to our way of thinking.

I wouldn't go that far.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:23 pm

RB wrote:

Great post.

Good luck getting 8 billion (25m in Oz) people to stick to the team game.
I just checked and I can get a vaccine appointment within 2 days at 5 places near me
Is it the so called slow roll out or are people just not wanting to get it done?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Armchair expert » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:31 pm

As I said before, old farts have had enough time to get a shot if they want one, let anyone who wants one get one, I'll sign up as soon as I am allowed.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby RB » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:31 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:Some people are waking up but alas the gullible are still mesmerised.

Indeed.
RB
Coach

Postby DOC » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:44 pm

RB wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:Some people are waking up but alas the gullible are still mesmerised.

Indeed.

Well if you had Alan Jones and Donald Trump in your spank bank you would be mesmerised as well.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:08 pm

You all caught up with the leaked Dr.Fauci emails?
Or are they false to?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby DOC » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:17 pm

I'm going through them now.

Which is the one with the vaccine killing 210 people in Australia?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:27 pm

DOC wrote:I'm going through them now.

To 23 May 2021, 3.6 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been given in Australia. In this period, the TGA has received 210 reports of deaths following immunisation – 109 have been reported for the Pfizer vaccine, 94 for the AstraZeneca vaccine and seven where the vaccine was not specified. Most of these reports (93%) were for people 65 years of age and over, and over three quarters were 75 years of age and over. Many of the deaths relate to elderly aged-care residents.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby am Bays » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:48 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

To 23 May 2021, 3.6 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been given in Australia. In this period, the TGA has received 210 reports of deaths following immunisation – 109 have been reported for the Pfizer vaccine, 94 for the AstraZeneca vaccine and seven where the vaccine was not specified. Most of these reports (93%) were for people 65 years of age and over, and over three quarters were 75 years of age and over. Many of the deaths relate to elderly aged-care residents.

And from 4 paragraphs down on the same site: https://www.tga.gov.au/periodic/covid-19-vaccine-weekly-safety-report-27-05-2021:

Apart from the single Australian case in which death was linked to TTS, COVID-19 vaccines have not been found to cause death. Given the benefits of vaccination with regard to preventing severe disease, hospitalisation and death from COVID-19, particularly in older age groups, immunisation is strongly encouraged as we head into the winter months.

Big difference between what is reported to a be COVID vaccine related death to what is actually a COVID vaccine related death once investigated.
am Bays
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:57 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Does anyone know if Buckley is bringing his new missus? Asking for a friend?

Why is that, do you want to duck her?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Trader » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:02 pm

am Bays wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

And from 4 paragraphs down on the same site: https://www.tga.gov.au/periodic/covid-19-vaccine-weekly-safety-report-27-05-2021:

Apart from the single Australian case in which death was linked to TTS, COVID-19 vaccines have not been found to cause death. Given the benefits of vaccination with regard to preventing severe disease, hospitalisation and death from COVID-19, particularly in older age groups, immunisation is strongly encouraged as we head into the winter months.

Big difference between what is reported to a be COVID vaccine related death to what is actually a COVID vaccine related death once investigated.

Same argument can be made with the deaths reported as covid deaths.
Are these people dying from covid or with it?

They can't inflate the Covid deaths by including anyone who had it no matter what they died of, and then play the opposite hand and not count those that died shortly following receipt of the vaccine.

Like always, the truth on both counts lies somewhere between what the supporters and the haters are quoting.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby RB » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:12 pm

Trader wrote:Like always, the truth on both counts lies somewhere between what the supporters and the haters are quoting.

Agreed, although it would be wrong to assume that it lies right in the middle.
RB
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion