Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu May 27, 2021 3:40 pm

Are West Torrens the new Uni? :D
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu May 27, 2021 3:46 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Are West Torrens the new Uni? :D

If you can't beat them, join them :D
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Corona Man » Thu May 27, 2021 3:48 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:

SACA would prefer you merge with them
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby billy » Thu May 27, 2021 10:26 pm

I heard the same about West Torrens .... is it time now for University to merge with another club?
billy

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Andamooka

Postby The Hound » Fri May 28, 2021 11:59 am

Corona Man wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

SACA would prefer you merge with them

and sponsored by Torrens University :lol:
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Bluedemon » Fri May 28, 2021 4:22 pm

billy wrote:I heard the same about West Torrens .... is it time now for University to merge with another club?

overdue
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby wedgetail » Sat May 29, 2021 10:24 pm

West Torrens will not merge with uni. Uni are not interested in merging with anyone.
Luck is where opportunity meets preparation
wedgetail
Under 18s

Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby wedgetail » Sat May 29, 2021 10:26 pm

Son of former Eagles champion, Tim Neilson, Harry, has confirmed he will be returning to the nest next season.
Peckers not happy! How many grade games he plays though is problematic.
Luck is where opportunity meets preparation
wedgetail
Under 18s

Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Sat May 29, 2021 11:01 pm

wedgetail wrote:Son of former Eagles champion, Tim Neilson, Harry, has confirmed he will be returning to the nest next season.

Warren Peters back to Woodville?

Continue the tag team
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby whufc » Sun May 30, 2021 5:41 pm

Obviously Southern Districts aren’t planning on going anywhere.

Just got $49500 to upgrade Bice reserve with a ORS Grant
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Port Pirie Power » Sun May 30, 2021 7:56 pm

West Torrens on a recruiting spree!! Have heard that Doggett and McAndrew are both headed there too as they played BBL with Ferg.
Port Pirie Power
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Arch44 » Mon May 31, 2021 11:10 am

wedgetail wrote:Son of former Eagles champion, Tim Neilson, Harry, has confirmed he will be returning to the nest next season.

Not a huge loss to Woodville though really, given the problematic point you pointed out.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon May 31, 2021 12:17 pm

Arch44 wrote:

Not a huge loss to Woodville though really, given the problematic point you pointed out.

I still don't think this will happen. I know he wants to come back to WT as wants to play A Grade there like his Dad, but Hags has told Warren Peters he will be our wicky all year, so Harry would play as a batsmen only. As Arch says, how often he would play would be debatable. With Capel, Kelvin, Gibson, Drew, Ferg potentially, where would he bat when can open at Woodville. It is true he has approached us to come back, but is the timing right, my gut says it wont happen this season.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Arch44 » Mon May 31, 2021 12:52 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Arch44 wrote:

I still don't think this will happen. I know he wants to come back to WT as wants to play A Grade there like his Dad, but Hags has told Warren Peters he will be our wicky all year, so Harry would play as a batsmen only. As Arch says, how often he would play would be debatable. With Capel, Kelvin, Gibson, Drew, Ferg potentially, where would he bat when can open at Woodville. It is true he has approached us to come back, but is the timing right, my gut says it wont happen this season.

I'd say a state player coming back fits in there no problem.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby The Hound » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:56 pm

With WT's recruiting where does that put the likes of the young fellas they have put a bucket load of time into Carrington, Pointon, Short and Reuther?

Valente to Tasmania grade cricket?
The Hound
Reserves

Postby billy » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:21 pm

Point 1
I am confused about how SACA have moved forward with their mergers, Glenelg have won one 2 day premiership in 66 years and are geographically located in a perfect position to merge with Southern, surely they would need to consider merging given their lack of success over such an extended period of time and the combination of playing resources would provide the opportunity to develop a stronger playing group for both clubs and be less reliant on O/S imports and recruits from other clubs.

They have a perfect facility in Glenelg Oval, it is a much easier drive for juniors from Southern to participate in a program which could include the use of a junior centre in Brighton.

Point 2
Given the increasing numbers of Sudanese lads playing AFL surely we need to start looking at how to attract some of these people to play cricket, cricket is being left behind in it's ability to attract people from other cultures to play the game, given the lack of success of South Australian men's cricket over the last 25 years I think we need to find better ways to develop a stronger foundation competition for the Redbacks.

Prior to Covid Australia had become a very diverse country, for Cricket to move forward the game needs to develop strategies to involve these diverse communities in playing and supporting the game.
billy

Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Andamooka

Postby Mifflin_Cricket » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:29 pm

Long Grade cricket fan, first time poster! Very good point about (2) Billy. I know most people bag uni about poaching other players etc but they do multicultural diversity better than any other club in my opinion. There is a stark difference in having diversity at the club (eg. Woodville outsourcing their 4th grade) compared to having multicultural people part of the club. Watching the indigenous talent on display last night in the AFL, I wonder how we attract cricket to the young indigenous youth of today?

In terms of the upcoming season, I can't see too much change at the top of the ladder.

Predictions:

Bradman Medal: Ben Turley

Bailey Capel to debut for the Redbacks

Glenelg to win 2 out of 3 A grade premierships on offer
Mifflin_Cricket
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: CMS Crows

Postby whitepointers » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:16 pm

Mifflin_Cricket wrote:Long Grade cricket fan, first time poster! Very good point about (2) Billy. I know most people bag uni about poaching other players etc but they do multicultural diversity better than any other club in my opinion. There is a stark difference in having diversity at the club (eg. Woodville outsourcing their 4th grade) compared to having multicultural people part of the club. Watching the indigenous talent on display last night in the AFL, I wonder how we attract cricket to the young indigenous youth of today?

In terms of the upcoming season, I can't see too much change at the top of the ladder.

Predictions:

At my club we have a couple of Indigenous players.
One has a father with extensive coaching interstate in an area with a large Indigenous population.
I asked the same question as to why there aren't as many playing cricket as there was AFL and the reply was that the games go for too long.
Given that reply I think the only way of getting more involved is to promote 20/20 cricket to them.
whitepointers
Rookie

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Port Noarlunga

Postby Eagles2014 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:15 pm

Mifflin_Cricket wrote:Long Grade cricket fan, first time poster! Very good point about (2) Billy. I know most people bag uni about poaching other players etc but they do multicultural diversity better than any other club in my opinion. There is a stark difference in having diversity at the club (eg. Woodville outsourcing their 4th grade) compared to having multicultural people part of the club. Watching the indigenous talent on display last night in the AFL, I wonder how we attract cricket to the young indigenous youth of today?

Predictions:

Might have to reevaluate these tips :shock:

Chadd Sayers returning to Woodville.

Massive loss for Glenelg, their bowling line up been their weakness and doubt they win any premierships without Sayers unless they recruit a couple.

Also kills Turley’s chance of winning the Bradman with Sayers bowling thirty overs up one end every match :D

Big shock this, must be getting some good coin to return!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby The Hound » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:50 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Mifflin_Cricket wrote:Long Grade cricket fan, first time poster! Very good point about (2) Billy. I know most people bag uni about poaching other players etc but they do multicultural diversity better than any other club in my opinion. There is a stark difference in having diversity at the club (eg. Woodville outsourcing their 4th grade) compared to having multicultural people part of the club. Watching the indigenous talent on display last night in the AFL, I wonder how we attract cricket to the young indigenous youth of today?

Predictions:

Might have to reevaluate these tips :shock:

Chadd Sayers returning to Woodville.

Massive loss for Glenelg, their bowling line up been their weakness and doubt they win any premierships without Sayers unless they recruit a couple.

Also kills Turley’s chance of winning the Bradman with Sayers bowling thirty overs up one end every match :D

Big shock this, must be getting some good coin to return!

They might be following WT's recruitment strategy :lol:
The Hound
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps