Great Southern Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:49 am

LuvsFooty wrote:
damian wrote:
field of dreams wrote:Adam Hartlett - Fairly big transfer in to Goolwa. Gone under the radar with all the Porp talk. Zero Pointer?

Under Mount Compass rules, he’s a zero pointer. Didn’t play in 2020, played a few games in 2019.

Under the rules everyone else plays by, he’s a 3pt player.

Got him as a zero pointer, but played him as 3. Reverts to 0 points on Wednesday, that’s the 24 months from his last game

Surely he would have to wait until the 2 years passes to be a zero pointer, if he plays before then he's 3 and should be ffor the remainder of the season?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby bluebagger » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:52 am

LuvsFooty wrote:
damian wrote:
field of dreams wrote:Adam Hartlett - Fairly big transfer in to Goolwa. Gone under the radar with all the Porp talk. Zero Pointer?

Under Mount Compass rules, he’s a zero pointer. Didn’t play in 2020, played a few games in 2019.

Got him as a zero pointer, but played him as 3. Reverts to 0 points on Wednesday, that’s the 24 months from his last game
Wouldn’t next week 1 week from his last game
bluebagger
Rookie

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Dutchy » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:48 am

Asst coach at West so will only be available occasionally anyway.

Went down to Pongy yesterday and was a good contest for 3/4's with Bays pulling away in the last, final score didnt really reflect how tight the game was
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3493 times

Postby field of dreams » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:02 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
LuvsFooty wrote:
damian wrote:

Surely he would have to wait until the 2 years passes to be a zero pointer, if he plays before then he's 3 and should be ffor the remainder of the season?
That probably depends which club is involved [emoji2369]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby The eclipse fan » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:19 pm

Settled in at my desk yesterday to watch the top of the table clash between Demons and the Hawks

Was I bloody disappointed to see bulldogs vs Tigers on a drizzly rainy crap day.
One team was only gonna flood back to choke another side from scoring
Didn’t last long into the broadcast when I couldn’t stand the commentary so turned off

What happened to the guys that filmed and broadcast last year? They were great
Who makes the decisions on where the happy fm go? Surely it’s not Curran cos dementia has well and truely set in
GSFL deserves better
Live Forever
The eclipse fan
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times

Postby damian » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:42 pm

The eclipse fan wrote:Settled in at my desk yesterday to watch the top of the table clash between Demons and the Hawks

Was I bloody disappointed to see bulldogs vs Tigers on a drizzly rainy crap day.
Didn’t last long into the broadcast when I couldn’t stand the commentary so turned off

Who makes the decisions on where the happy fm go? Surely it’s not Curran cos dementia has well and truely set in
GSFL deserves better

They rarely leave Victor and when they do it’s even more rare to venture anywhere else but Compass. They are Kevin’s love child after all.

The guys from last year are back in the Murraylands area where they are from. Came down just for the Covid season.
"Start by doing what's necessary; then what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
damian
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Goolwa-Port Elliott

Postby Dazza44 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:54 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
LuvsFooty wrote:
damian wrote:

Surely he would have to wait until the 2 years passes to be a zero pointer, if he plays before then he's 3 and should be for the remainder of the season?

You are quite correct daysofourlives, if he's a 3 pointer when he first played (or more precisely, when he registers) then he remains that.

The rule was previously quoted on here:
"8.8.2.3. If a player has not played football at any level for 24 months or more before registering as a player he will automatically have a Player Points Rating of zero (0)."
Dazza44
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby damian » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:01 pm

This is the can of worms the GSFL have opened with the Dix decision I guess. If he’s 0pts then Hartlett has to be as well.
"Start by doing what's necessary; then what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
damian
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Goolwa-Port Elliott

Postby Cheap Seats » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:52 am

Going by the results page Hartlett was a 3 pointer Saturday. So it appears Goolwa have some integrity, how about GSFL/Compass amalgamated club show some :oops:
Cheap Seats
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Bull 04 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:43 am

The eclipse fan wrote:Settled in at my desk yesterday to watch the top of the table clash between Demons and the Hawks

GSFL deserves better

Could not agree more.

WHY??? would they choose to televise that game when Willunga V Langhorne Creek was always going to be a great game. I have no idea how these games a chosen for a live telecast but surely someone needs to ask the question as to why that game was chosen to showcase the league on Sat.

Laughable!!
Bull 04
Mini-League

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Postby Cheap Seats » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:39 am

Since 2016 Minor rounds (by the way Compass finished top 2015 too) there is only 2 points separating Teams/Clubs that collectively have played finals 8-10 times and clubs who have had 1 singular appearance??? :shock: :

Compass 11 points (+6) A Grade Played finals all 5 years, finished top 3 4 years, B Grade Played finals 3 years finished top 3, those years -8 appearances
Creeks 9 points A Grade finals 4 years, finished top 3, 4 years B Grade played finals 4 years top 3 once -8 appearances
Willunga 11 points A Grade Played finals all 5 years, finished top 3, twice, B Grade Played finals 5 years finished top 3, 4 years -10 appearances
McLaren 11 pointsA Grade Played finals 3 years, finished top 3 twice, B Grade Played finals all 5 years finished top 3, 4 years -8 appearances
Bays 13 pointsA Grade Played finals 3 years, finished top 3 twice, B Grade Played finals 3 years finished top 3, once -6 appearances

Strath 13 points 2 points more then then the second lowest allocation A Grade Played finals once, finished top 3 once, B Grade hasn't played finals -1 appearance
Victor 13 points, seem on the surface to be the most harshly dealt with A Grade Played finals once, finished top3 0 years, B Grade hasn't played finals Its my understanding they applied and were refused for extra points -1 appearance
Goolwa 17 points A Grade Played finals 2 years, finished top 0 years, B Grade Played finals 2 years finished top 3, 0 years -4 appearances
Pongy 17 points A Grade Played haven't played finals, B Grade Played finals 3 years finished top 3, 0 years -3 appearances
Yank 18 points A Grade Played finals once, finished top 3 0 years, B Grade Played hasn't played finals -1 appearance

I know the rules, and B Grade has no influence on the points system, but this does highlight that without better equalisation, and not giving the top sides like Compass extra points for what can only be described as "suspect reasoning" the league is doing nothing to help itself or it's clubs.
Cheap Seats
Rookie

Postby Cheap Seats » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:17 pm

More facts: So of the 50 available appearance over the previous 5 years, 40 have been taken up by 5 clubs, that's a massive 80%.
More facts: McLaren and Compass received alterations to their 2021 allocations based on speculative measures because of the COVID 1/2 year season in 2020, while all other clubs simply had their win / loss ratio doubled.
More facts Compass were allocated a loss when they had a Draw with Encounter Bay in 2020, while Encounter Bay were not afforded the same luxury???? :oops: :roll: :shock:

Now consider the results from these decisions just in 1 instance- Lewis Johnston (4 points) and Corey Grove (3 points) were commonly known as a pairing and have been rumoured to have spoken to by multiple GSFL clubs. Without the extra 2 points from fact 3, could Compass fit both into their side if they only had 9 points? Unlikely!
Mott 2, Skrypek 3, Haniford 2 (at that time before additional concessions were allocated Friday night before the first round) up to 6, should be 7 points already
Are both Johnston & Grove then forced to look for a new home & potentially end up at one of Goolwa, Yank, Pongy or Victor? Possibly?
Does that help even the comp? Absolutely!
Does Porplyzia then end up at that club also because of their connection with him? Maybe? (not sure if he has a direct Compass connection or it's the Crows)
Cheap Seats
Rookie

Postby bluebagger » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:40 pm

Cheap Seats wrote:More facts: So of the 50 available appearance over the previous 5 years, 40 have been taken up by 5 clubs, that's a massive 80%.
More facts: McLaren and Compass received alterations to their 2021 allocations based on speculative measures because of the COVID 1/2 year season in 2020, while all other clubs simply had their win / loss ratio doubled.
More facts Compass were allocated a loss when they had a Draw with Encounter Bay in 2020, while Encounter Bay were not afforded the same luxury???? :oops: :roll: :shock:

Now consider the results from these decisions just in 1 instance- Lewis Johnston (4 points) and Corey Grove (3 points) were commonly known as a pairing and have been rumoured to have spoken to by multiple GSFL clubs. Without the extra 2 points from fact 3, could Compass fit both into their side if they only had 9 points? Unlikely!
Mott 2, Skrypek 3, Haniford 2 (at that time before additional concessions were allocated Friday night before the first round) up to 6, should be 7 points already
Are both Johnston & Grove then forced to look for a new home & potentially end up at one of Goolwa, Yank, Pongy or Victor? Possibly?
Does Porplyzia then end up at that club also because of their connection with him? Maybe? (not sure if he has a direct Compass connection or it's the Crows)
Don’t always blame to good sides.

There’s teams above that haven’t embraced what Footy is like in 2021.
bluebagger
Rookie

Postby Cheap Seats » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:00 pm

bluebagger wrote:
Cheap Seats wrote:More facts: So of the 50 available appearance over the previous 5 years, 40 have been taken up by 5 clubs, that's a massive 80%.

I thought someone might go down that path after I posted these, but I'm not critical or holding the top five accountable for the bottom 5's efforts, They need to find a way to compete more regularly. I'm simply trying to bring to light, that the GSFL should not be consistently and systematically giving 1-2 clubs (1 in particular this year) added help or concessions that continues to fuel the gap.
Cheap Seats
Rookie

Postby luv a kick » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:50 pm

Cheap Seats wrote:
bluebagger wrote:

I thought someone might go down that path after I posted these, but I'm not critical or holding the top five accountable for the bottom 5's efforts, They need to find a way to compete more regularly. I'm simply trying to bring to light, that the GSFL should not be consistently and systematically giving 1-2 clubs (1 in particular this year) added help or concessions that continues to fuel the gap.

Posted these???

Mate you are FN obsessed go back and look at your posts mental health is a big thing these days

Are you ok ???
luv a kick
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby mots02 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:57 pm

Cheap Seats wrote:
bluebagger wrote:

Maybe it's time to get out of the cheap seats and put yourself in the hot seat.

GSFL could use some new blood.
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 876 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby luv a kick » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:06 pm

mots02 wrote:
Cheap Seats wrote:
bluebagger wrote:

Maybe it's time to get out of the cheap seats and put yourself in the hot seat.

GSFL could use some new blood.

=D> =D> =D>
luv a kick
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby field of dreams » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:01 pm

luv a kick wrote:Posted these???

Mate you are FN obsessed go back and look at your posts mental health is a big thing these days

Are you ok ???

Perhaps go back and look at your own posts. So far you’ve failed to say anything intelligent or interesting and continue to step very close to the line on forum posting rules. Quite the opposite to CS.

Keep up the informative posts Cheap Seats. It’s plainly obvious the executive and compass just want it all to go away.

field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Postby bluebagger » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:14 pm

Cheap Seats wrote:
bluebagger wrote:

I understand what you mean.

But hand outs don’t work either.

I look at the Tigers.
How many of there 3 point players stay around long enough to be 0 points or at least 1 point.

Always chasing a tail.

And it’s probably back to square one again after the coach has left.

A coach that was never going to build a strong culture and loyalty based team
bluebagger
Rookie

Postby field of dreams » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:34 pm

No it’s not about handouts for sure. I actually don’t mind having a points system. But it needs to be administered properly so the bottom clubs have a chance. As cheapies posts show that just isn’t the case. Giving top clubs points concessions for no apparent reason on top of that just a kick in the guts to the struggling clubs.
With a salary cap as it is now, every club offers the same maximum dollars to the bigger names shopping around (in theory of course because we all know that isn’t the case), so of course most players will choose a club having success. The points system should mean that doesn’t/can’t happen (as often).

field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy