R9 Centrals v Eagles Saturday 1410

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R9 Centrals v Eagles Saturday 1410

Postby goddy11 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:49 pm

Eagles Nest wrote:Typical act of a struggling, undisciplined scrubber club.
The glory days for CDFC are well and truly over

This is a poor attempt if trolling. All Eagles supporters love beating the doggies but most of us respect the CDFC for what they have achieved. I left many a GF with my head hanging down but our wins against them in GF's almost made up for the losses. They will come good like all teams.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby gazzamagoo » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:30 am

We weren't getting personal but you've just shown your true colours.
We've won 9 grand finals and appeared in 14 since our entry into the SANFL in 1964, that's a bloody good record mate, much better than your side's.
And don't forget one of the records we hold,
the biggest winning margin in a SANFL grand final,
do you remember that one?
Or shall we refresh your memory.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby whufc » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:02 am

gazzamagoo wrote:

We've won 9 grand finals and appeared in 14 since our entry into the SANFL in 1964, that's a bloody good record mate, much better than your side's.

Agree most fans knew after a dynasty there was going to be a tough period, its happened to almost every team that has had that sort of success thinking west indies cricket, Chicago bulls post Jordan, Manchester United post Alex Ferguson, Australian Cricket post McGrath and Warne.

Even initially we didn't completely fall away, made finals in 2011, 2012 IIRC and then made a prelim which we lost to West in 2015. Its really only be the last 5 years that we have lost our way.

It's definitely starting to get very frustrating and yes at times its hard to see when we will be serious contenders again but absolutely proud of what the club achieved a feat which I believe we will not see for another 100 years if ever again in any Australian professional/semi professional sport.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby gazzamagoo » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:09 am

whufc wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:

Agree most fans knew after a dynasty there was going to be a tough period, its happened to almost every team that has had that sort of success thinking west indies cricket, Chicago bulls post Jordan, Manchester United post Alex Ferguson, Australian Cricket post McGrath and Warne.

Even initially we didn't completely fall away, made finals in 2011, 2012 IIRC and then made a prelim which we lost to West in 2015. Its really only be the last 5 years that we have lost our way.

It's definitely starting to get very frustrating and yes at times its hard to see when we will be serious contenders again but absolutely proud of what the club achieved a feat which I believe we will not see for another 100 years if ever again in any Australian professional/semi professional sport.

2022 promises to be very exciting,
a debt free club, new CEO and maybe a new president.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby whufc » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:17 am

I really hope so.

On-field I feel like we are a bit off the pace, we have had some good performances against good sides but that inconsistency still seems to be a major problem.

Unless some of the younger ones develop seriously in the next 12 months I think we are close to 10 new blokes away from becoming a consistently good side. If you look at our list how many players could you honestly see as being SANFL premiership players. I'm expecting we lose Hoskin next year and Trav Schiller is very much nearing 30, both are still very key contributors to our side.

As it stands right now I would probably accept finishing 5-6 next year provided we are more consistent and don't continue to play half games. If we are not back in the finals 2023 I would be very disappointed.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL